Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

My Wife Is Emasculating Me - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Is Emasculating Me (103619 Views)

I Suspect My Wife Is Having Affair With Her Step Brother / My Wife's Cousin Has Visited & She's Luring Me With Her Thighs-kenyan Man (pics / My Wife Is Going For Service, Should I Impregnate Her Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 01, 2020
internationalman:

so women don't divorce rich dude..

ubunja write and i quote ''the less worthy a man feels about himself the more he uses money to chase girls to compensate for his low self esteem.
. Never for once impressed any lady no matter your societal level.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by sylve11: 9:59am On Jan 01, 2020
internationalman:

if you want to be successfull with ladies you have to beat them to their manipulative game

cheesy wink cool
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by onadana: 9:59am On Jan 01, 2020
Kobicove:
This is every man's worst nightmare undecided

Its common with women.The horrible thing is they expose you to their family who in turn look down on you.May God not put one in a position where the woman is the head and you the tail.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Sweeetheart(m): 9:59am On Jan 01, 2020
this is so bad, brother instead of you looking for respect, why not look for how to get the Ctrl of your family back

worry less about your wife and find that fortune that's if your wife had not go diabolical, I don't want to sound like this but Nigeria ladies can be funny and unpredictable
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
I am pro woman yes, but there are times that I am against women especially when they are wrong for example when they are violent to other people or trying to scam them.
I don't get along with all women. But you wound me when you said I am not objective

How can you be objective nd neva see wrong in what the woman did, so its only when a woman scam or act violent she deserves to be rebuked.
As much as i would like to hear the ladies side of the story there is nothing the OP said that is not familiar or attributable to women.
A man's money is our money A woman's money is securedly her money. if she buys her kids school bag she records it as debt for d man ... women want to work & earn as much as men buh most women don't wana spend like men.
A woman want to buy a artificial hair of 100k like it nothing buh payin her child tuition hurt so much she jus as to transfer the aggression to the man. kilode grin

13 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by FrostyButter: 9:59am On Jan 01, 2020
Elder010:

you still wonder why no man who is not mad wants to befriend or marry you even after begging in this forum. bitterness will kill you if you no take time
That chic needs to get laid.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Gee64: 10:01am On Jan 01, 2020
Poor you!
Just take it easy, you're not alone. It happens in many homes. It's the nature of most women to rule the House when they are financially in control. After all, he who plays the piper dictates the tune!
Don't worry, when you're up again, you will take back your former position. But right now, don't let jealousy or anger overwhelm you or you will lose everything: happiness, financial security, love etc.
strungup79:
I'm 42 years old and married with 3 children (2 boys and a girl). I got married to this beatiful lady 13 years ago and everything was bliss until three years ago when my business experienced a serious down turn.

My wife on the other hand witnessed an upturn in fortunes and practically became the bread winner in the home.

Her good financial fortune had me focussed on trying to get myself back on track. I tried getting a job, but it was not forth coming.

My business continued to dwindle and then I resorted to doing small odd jobs just so I could contribute to the family upkeep.

My wife's upturn in fortune however brought out the ugliness in her. She started trying to assume control of the home. She stopped consulting me on decisions concerning our home, rather consulting her parents. She practically turned my kids against me as she painted me as irresponsible.

We initially had assess to each other's account, but now she has accounts hidden from me. I just found out she bought land somewhere, though she doesn't know I have that knowledge.

She has become rude and disrespectful and her parents and siblings have taken over my home. I am so pained because all I ever did was show her love and respect.

She didn't like the fact i tried to have order in my home and that seems to be my sin. I have never hit her or been wicked to her.

Right now, I'm pained and confused. I don't know what to do. Someone please help.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by madprophet(m): 10:01am On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

You are just like my wife. If marriage is about control, why marry? Why not stay on your own? Making money is not about hustling, if it was i'd be earning over three times what my wife earns. Luck, favour also plays a role. Maybe God just wants to show me who I married.

Bros you are coming back up...

Dont worry.... Dont feel disappointed.. What you should do in to intensify prayers

Every prince of Persia blocking the manifestation to my testimony die

Oh lord my father arise over my life.

Oh lord my father, Arise and let mockery come to an end in my life.

Bros, it is only God that can help you in this case, and it would get worse.. But if you would pray you would come out of this and the name of the lord would be glorified

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 01, 2020
Mypeople2:
Funmi baby, is this how you talk ? Your comments today are something else .The man is passing through hell and this is what you can spill from your mouth ...Babe,you nor try .You fall my hand
I don't believe in coddling grown men. I may sympathise, which I don't with op.
I never said that the tribulation was his fault. I only told him to stop wallowing in self pity.

From adversity, you either rise or stay downtrodden. This is trial by fire and tough love. My words may be iodine tincture on an open wound, but it helps it heal.

Break and mend, do and undo, cry, scream in pain, laugh with madness. Sort each emotion as it comes. Go through it and heal. That is how to come out of this.

@Op strungup79

I believe that if a man can make it once, when he is downtrodden he can always rise back up. So you can do it. Success leaves a lingering aftertaste that is never forgotten. Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

I will keep pushing you to the edge with my words for that is my way and I know no other.

Come out of the sunken place, do this for you, not for your wife or anyone else. You deserve better than seeking sympathy and spreading misery.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
marriage is not about control. Money is what gives control. Stop misquoting me from your place of pain.

Also stop this 'poor me' 'boohoo' victim mentality, it is irritating and pathetic. You are the one emasculating yourself, by allowing yourself to be emasculated.

Most likely money was all you had to offer in the marriage and now that you have lost that, you are just like an appendix in your marriage. Existing without function, but capable of causing hell because no one cares about it anymore.

It is not about bringing more money but showing that you are a leader, and being her support. Give her a reason to trust you by showing initiative. Do you think women like to be bread winners? She is picking up your slack.Of course She will be pissed at you subconsciously.

Be proactive, anticipate needs in the marriage that you can provide and meet them without being told or nagged. Convince her that you are still necessary in your marriage. Get your head out of your asshole and be man.

This is the most candid advice you will get from me or on your thread
. I like you for one thing,you have no emotion

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by internationalman(m): 10:01am On Jan 01, 2020
oodua1stson:
oga, there's no sense in manipulating someone to be with you. Love is not by force

you will soon learn with time that love sometimes isn't enough..

manipulations are like the tools you use to water the soil you planted your seed of love on.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Babaheekmat: 10:02am On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:
I'm 42 years old and married with 3 children (2 boys and a girl). I got married to this beatiful lady 13 years ago and everything was bliss until three years ago when my business experienced a serious down turn.

My wife on the other hand witnessed an upturn in fortunes and practically became the bread winner in the home.

Her good financial fortune had me focussed on trying to get myself back on track. I tried getting a job, but it was not forth coming.

My business continued to dwindle and then I resorted to doing small odd jobs just so I could contribute to the family upkeep.

My wife's upturn in fortune however brought out the ugliness in her. She started trying to assume control of the home. She stopped consulting me on decisions concerning our home, rather consulting her parents. She practically turned my kids against me as she painted me as irresponsible.

We initially had assess to each other's account, but now she has accounts hidden from me. I just found out she bought land somewhere, though she doesn't know I have that knowledge.

She has become rude and disrespectful and her parents and siblings have taken over my home. I am so pained because all I ever did was show her love and respect.

She didn't like the fact i tried to have order in my home and that seems to be my sin. I have never hit her or been wicked to her.

Right now, I'm pained and confused. I don't know what to do. Someone please help.

Report to her parents. If she doesn't change.. Threaten to Move out of the house. Don't disrespect yourself.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by 912(m): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
I got 99 problems but a man ain't one

Yes because no man would have you. You even had to create a thread but still no man wants to be part of your 99 problems

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by pocohantas(f): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2020
Go and make money again.

A good number of Nigerian men marry their wives with money. A good number of Nigerian women marry their husbands for money.

Never lose the money. It is what keeps Nigerian relationships going and it also determines who has the upperhand. Sadly, it isn't in your favour now.

At least, now you know the kind of wife you have. How you choose to handle her after this is up to you. My major problem is her turning the kids against you, but I have always been of the opinion that kids see, they are not too young to understand what is going on. With time they will make informed decisions. You can take a break from your wife and go clear your head somewhere.

While at it, be useful to the home and your kids in some other way that isn't financial.

13 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 01, 2020
Hypergamy doesn't care. Women hate to be ”the man” and still be perceived as a woman. Hustle o. You will only regain your respect when you become ”the man”.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 01, 2020
Gee64:
Poor you!
Just take it easy, you're not alone. It happens in many homes. It's the nature of most women to rule the House when they are financially in control. After all, he who plays the piper dictates the tune!
Don't worry, when you're up again, you will take back your former position. But right now, don't let jealousy or anger overwhelm you or you will lose everything: happiness, financial security, love etc.
thank you. You understand
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 01, 2020
Dude when it gets to this point, your understanding of female nature has to kick in. It is not natural for a woman to wield the power of the purse in a relationship; you think men are wicked and heartless? Lol wait till your woman makes more money than you do.

That said, once you observe that your wealthier wife/gf has started acting out the natural bent of her sex I.e. meanness and disrespectfulness, your reaponse as a man is to move out immediately!

Move as far from that home as you can or else that woman will drag you and your children in the mire of humiliation...better for her to tell your children that she doesn't know where you are, than for her to call you a useless father to you and your children's faces.

Call in once a while to check on the family and promise to return once the N10b contract you're chasing is approved, the implication being if the contract is not approved, you're never coming back home.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 01, 2020
emrain:
Hypergamy doesn't care. Women hate to be ”the man” and still be perceived as a woman. Hustle o. You will only regain your respect when you become ”the man”.
you get it.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by AdemolaA2: 10:03am On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

Seems you copied my life story of two years back and told it here brother .. I do not know you but I can relate with everything you’ve written here ..about her buying a secret land , getting a better job , family members taking over your home , consulting her siblings and parents for decision making .. all happened to me .. the only luck I had was that I didn’t have any child with her . Bro , I will not incite divorce to your hears but you may like to consider this because the thoughts of all of what you’re going through alone can cripple your state of mind and render you more unproductive .
Being alone now , I perform better and I’ve experienced increase in business and well being .

My one cent !!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Erastuslove: 10:03am On Jan 01, 2020
Please women's brain understand one language "money" it turns them up and down .. get a friend abroad escpecially a FEMALE to send sms into your phone... And let it read this... " O � Honey I missing you already and can't wait to have you in my arms in AMERICA, you won the job interview at American oil giant Co... Wowwwwwwww can't wait to be your NEW WIFE.. "
Make sure you put the phone on the parlour and let her read the SMS. ���������
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Melian(f): 10:04am On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

Loyalty is a thing most people struggle with, both men and women. Notwithstanding, your wife shouldn't treat you like this, bringing her family to meddle in your affairs is the height of disrespect. Is there a way you can move out of the house for the time being, that is if you have enough to cater for yourself? I think this move will bring her back to her senses or at least you'll get your self respect back.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 01, 2020
912:

Yes because no man would have you. You even had to create a thread but still no man wants to be part of your 99 problems
what is this one talking about

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by BRATISLAVA: 10:04am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
I don't have a heart.

By the way, point out what is careless in my comment.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by friendl: 10:04am On Jan 01, 2020
Sometimes when l hear things like this ,l blame the men ,no matter how things turn out to be ,you are a man ,always stand your ground ,money doesn't make a man,...you better start making strong decisions otherwise you will receive more slaps in your face

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Futureberry: 10:05am On Jan 01, 2020
Why don't you propose being a house husband to her..

You mange the house and she put you on salary

That way you get to show her that you appreciate her efforts, remember when you were the breadwinner how hard things was for you managing your business, now imagine how hard it will be for her, the stress and the negativity from people she engage with everyday doing her course of business..

Your wife feel you don't appreciate her, I cannot imagine working my ass off in the cold and hot sun only for my husband to give me hate and resentment simply because things are bad for him..

If she was a guy, believe me she would have started getting her happiness elsewhere..

This is 2020 Mr man you either get your head in place or watch your wife leave with your kids while your broke as** get to place order on a empty house

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by midolian(m): 10:05am On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

I'm always out of town looking for one job or business. I've just been unfortunate that all my efforts have yielded little or no fruit. It's almost as if there's a curse working against me.
Mr, there is no curse working against you. All you need is a little more patience. And do not forget, a little more patience!

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by cindybaby22(f): 10:05am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
fact of life, money changes both men and women because it comes with control. It's human nature

Your wife is not emasculating you, you are just losing control of the power and finances in the family. Do you know how much BS women tolerate from men in marriages because he earns more?

Uncle, go and hustle or give your pants over to your wife and stop complaining
This is a very careless & inconsiderate comment
Let us learn to be kind humans & considerate
Mishap can happen to anyone

13 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by miclil: 10:05am On Jan 01, 2020
Prayer is the key my brother
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Chidex50(m): 10:06am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
fact of life, money changes both men and women because it comes with control. It's human nature

Your wife is not emasculating you, you are just losing control of the power and finances in the family. Do you know how much BS women tolerate from men in marriages because he earns more?

Uncle, go and hustle or give your pants over to your wife and stop complaining
FROM YOUR POINT, YOU ALL ARE THE SAME.ALL WHAT YOU WROTE IS A CRAP. MAN THAT WAS DOING WELL SUDDENLY HAD ISSUES AND YOU OPEN YOUR STUPID MOUTH TO TELL HIM TO GO AND HUSTLE,I'M ASHAMED OF YOU.COME TO THINK OF IT,MEN ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF THEIR WIVES AND THEY SEE IT AS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY EXCEPT FEW IRRESPONSIBLE ONES.SO BE GUIDED!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by philip0906(m): 10:06am On Jan 01, 2020
Yinibixema:

Olosho stfu. Ugly fool who can’t take her family out of okokomaiko talking about making money as if she has mademoney for herself or her wretched family. Go and make money and stop giving foolish advice here mofo

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by GTFO(f): 10:06am On Jan 01, 2020
This fuministic or whatever that bitch name is, IS SO DUMB!!!

DAMN!!! I DONT PRAY My BROTHER MARRIES SOMEONE LIKE YOU.
GOD FORBID!!!!! DAMN FVCK!!!! YOURE SO FVCKING DUMB.. QUOTE ME MAKE I CURSE YOUR MAMA AND UR GENERATION, CUZ IM SURE YOURE FOLLOWING YOUR MAMA FOOTSTEPS

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 01, 2020
internationalman:

you will soon learn with time that love sometimes isn't enough..

manipulations are like the tools you use to water the soil you planted your seed of love on.
You are right,love is not enough. And sadly we live in a world where we manipulate each other for news

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (47) (Reply)

You Paid Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit And You Caught Her About Doing This. / What's That Secret You Are Hiding From The Person You Are Dating Right Now? / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.