Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:12 AM

Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote (13198 Views)

INEC Chairman: Buhari Has Shown He Is Sectional Leader - Fayose / APC Supporters, Give Me Answers To any of These And Get My Vote / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Adamuhassa: 9:23am On Apr 10, 2011
Jonathan promised to allow a free and fair elections and although he knew that his party PDP is unpopular, he kept to his promise even at the expense of partisan politics. That shows he can be trusted to do what he says he would do if voted in. I therefore enjoin all right thinking people to vote for GEJ. I think as between GEJ and Buhari, GEJ is the lesser evil.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Dave6: 9:28am On Apr 10, 2011
Seconded!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by efisher(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2011
Thirded grin
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by gernded(m): 10:31am On Apr 10, 2011
IS ONLY FOOLISH MEN WHO HAVE DOUBTED IS INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY THE MAN GEJ IS WITHOUT BLEMISH IS JUST THAT SOME DESPERATE AND AWKWARD GROUP TRY TO RUBISH HIM,

NIGERIANS ARE VOTING INDIVIDUAL NOT PARTY ANY MORE IMO STATE IS A TYPICAL EXAMPLE.

GEJ ALL THE WAY.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by ak47mann(m): 10:37am On Apr 10, 2011
^^ imo state i heard that APGA is wining any way the party is attached to PDP cool
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by 5columnist: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2011
I agree. He deserve our thank you.
10 months!! and Nigeria is looking good to go . My vote counted for once as a Nigerian.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by violent(m): 11:25am On Apr 10, 2011
Witless dolts who think their President deserves a thank you card for organizing an almost fair election.

Nigerians have lost all sense of self worth, I don't even see anyone Praising the youth corpers who in the face of obvious dangers judging by the incessant bombings across the country, have refused to give up the struggle for the survival of democracy.

If anything, my million thanks goes to them, not some clueless leader who had simply done what he was 'selected' to do! . . . . . . .It's almost like sending a thank you card to the thief for not robbing you at night.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Beaf: 11:31am On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ has proven that he is a man of his word, he is honest, a man of courage and a man with the best wishes for Nigeria. We are witnessing history in the making as he joins Nigeria's very greatest.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by efisher(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2011
Keep Faith With One Nigeria
by Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 7:59am.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/goodluck-jonathan/keep-faith-with-one-nigeria/210731088954534

My fellow Nigerians,

When I assumed office as the President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria on the 6th of May, 2010, I promised Nigerians I would focus attention on three key areas-a. Electoral Reform, b. Energy Security in the Niger Delta and c. Electricity Generation-The three Es.

In the Niger Delta we now have peace leading to a 20% increase in Nigeria's oil production. On Electricity Generation, we now generate power at our highest level in 10 years. And on Electoral Reform, yesterday you saw the beginning of  a free, fair and credible electoral process.

I, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, purposely made a conscious decision to break with the past and use the powers of the office of the President consistently for the good of the Nigerian people and not the power elite. In eleven months I have with the help of God kept faith with the Nigerian people especially in the areas I promised to give attention to and now I ask that you keep faith with one Nigeria. GEJ

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpZdfA78crM?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"[/flash]
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by honeric01(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2011
Why should he be trusted when he didn't deliver the 6,000 MW he promised me by december 2010?

BTW, is GEJ INEC chairman or? undecided
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Beaf: 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
honeric01:

Why should he be trusted when he didn't deliver the 6,000 MW he promised me by december 2010?

BTW, is GEJ INEC chairman or? undecided

Lol! Sour grapes! grin
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by ak47mann(m): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2011
beaf
are you beaf as pa cow beaf or goat meat?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Gbenge77(m): 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
As the election appears to be credible,so we should all vote for GEJ?Did you hear about the meeting involving him and GEJ last week?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Beaf: 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2011
ak47mann:

beaf
are you beaf as pa cow beaf or goat meat?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Almajiri.
If you could spell, you would know that Beaf is not an English word. Don't worry sha, almajiri education is being modernised by GEJ; dude, its never too late to learn; one day, you will know; "a for apple, b for ball."

. . .Right now you only know; "a for almajiri, b for bomb, c for cutlass, d for death. . ." Education will straighten you.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by ak47mann(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2011
LIAR
BEAT=COW
GOAT=GOAT MEAT undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by PapaBrowne(m): 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
violent:

Witless dolts who think their President deserves a thank you card for organizing an almost fair election.

Nigerians have lost all sense of self worth, I don't even see anyone Praising the youth corpers who in the face of obvious dangers judging by the incessant bombings across the country, have refused to give up the struggle for the survival of democracy.

If anything, my million thanks goes to them, not some clueless leader who had simply done what he was 'selected' to do! . . . . . . .It's almost like sending a thank you card to the thief for not robbing you at night.

If we don't praise people for doing what they are supposed to do, when then should people be praised When they do what they aren't supposed to do
Haba Violent, you are too smart to  make these kind of comments!! For the first time in a while, votes are counting!! That's big!! While, I support the need to commend the corpers, everyother person that deserves commendation should be commended! The president, the INEC chairman, the security forces, the corpers, the voters and even losers like Bankole who were quick to accept defeat!!

Ha, I would rather have a clueless leader in Jonathan, who does what he is supposed to do, despite his cluelessness, than have a knowledgeable leader who fails to do what he is supposed to do, despite his knowledge!!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by efisher(m): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2011
Beaf:

Almajiri.
If you could spell, you would know that Beaf is not an English word. Don't worry sha, almajiri education is being modernised by GEJ; dude, its never too late to learn; one day, you will know; "a for apple, b for ball."

. . .Right now you only know; "a for almajiri, b for bomb, c for cutlass, d for death. . ." Education will straighten you.

LWSMB (Laff wan scatter my belle)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2011
One good reason I believe this guy GEJ.I know when he says it,he would do it just depends on time.I enjoined all Nigerian to go and massively vote in this guy come April the 16th,2011.God bless Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by efisher(m): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
PapaBrowne:

If we don't praise people for doing what they are supposed to do, when then should people be praised When they do what they aren't supposed to do
Haba Violent, you are too smart to  make these kind of comments!! For the first time in a while, votes are counting!! That's big!! While, I support the need to commend the corpers, everyother person that deserves commendation should be commended! The president, the INEC chairman, the security forces, the corpers, the voters and even losers like Bankole who were quick to accept defeat!!

Ha, I would rather have a clueless leader in Jonathan, who does what he is supposed to do, despite his cluelessness, than have a knowledgeable leader who fails to do what he is supposed to do, despite his knowledge!!

I wonder o! Even good companies pay their hardworking staff bonuses (in addition to their salary) for doing their job.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by sparkle10(m): 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2011
@poster, I cannot agree more with you. He promised a three point agenda when he assumed leadership of the country just a year ago and has delivered on all to a reasonable extend. We need to move forward and not drawn back.GEJ with his commitment so far exhibited is the best candidate for the next four years. Like Fashola said in Lagos, there is no time for trial and error.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by lionness(f): 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2011
100% Credible? Naw.
Its clear they rigged the super-thief and elitist David Mark in
GEJ can kiss shit and wait for the EFCC to ask him how he spend over $40 billion on buiscuts and campaign gifts grin
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
I dey laugh in Chinese. Maybe you have not seen the revolts in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya. If GEJ rigged he'd be gone or dead. It has nothing to do with him keeping a promise, and everything to do with pressure from the youth, awareness, and social media.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by violent(m): 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2011
PapaBrowne:

I agree with the boldfaced portion of your post.

What i must however stress is that Nigerians, not necessarily the President, are the ones playing a bigger role in ensuring that their votes counted. Advancements in communication systems provided Nigerians with the right platform to monitor the entire process, even locals without these systems, stayed put at polling booths to ensure that each vote counted.

Yes, we must commend the President for not being a crook by using his office to influence the outcome of the elections, but that said, the glory belong to all those who voted and protected their votes by ensuring their votes counted!. . . .The President must not use this as a scoring point!

Perhaps the President might have earned some praise by ensuring that lives were not lost in the process, afterall he's the Chief Security Officer of state!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by honeric01(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2011
You dey mind them? let him rig the presidential election, there he's going to see the true fire in the people.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by lionness(f): 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2011
Cock and bullshhhhheeeet!

He cant even enforce order in his home town. Look at the stats of election in Bayelsa:

Bayelsa:

Yenogoa - Reports on malpractices
Brass Const. 1 - Thugs disrupted.
Bayelsa Central - Postponed
Sagama - Lots of Ballots snatching reported.
People are complaining that they should cancel all of Bayelsa's election. Police have detained all election materials
Not certain INEC will find it easy at GEJ's home town.
A senator Ekeremor took away the INEC materials to his mansion to conduct his own election,
"From other part of the state, there has been reports of massive election hijacking, most of the elections will be cancelled, "
Timi Alaibe

Southern Ijaw: Materials Hijacked by PDP ruling Senator
Ward 5: Ballot Hijacked
Just one result has been released.

Election is reported peaceful at the GEJ's home town and Ogbia.
Source: AIT
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by lionness(f): 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2011
The voters fought. The electorates in Major part of the South West, and major parts of the East except for the SS (Bayelsa and Delta) are very discplined.
Even the North showed some huge suprise!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by VPersiee: 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2011
Even if GEJ wins the presidential polls, I believe it will be good for our democracy if PDP does not have a majority/clear majority in the senate and house. This way, there will be proper oversight of the executive branch for once in a long time.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by ufumes(m): 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2011
i am comfortable wit GEJ's administration. i pray he wins this election
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by kcjazz(m): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2011
This country changed in 2010, and GEJ had no choice but to get this election right
Kudos to the Nigerian voters (never seen such enthusiasm), the NYSC and RIP to those who lost their lives. As for GEJ, thanks for a better election than 2007, massive improvement. We will wait for the next few weeks, for improvements from today.

Btw I thought CPC and the US chose Jega undecided
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Kilode1: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
I can see this is the new political spin for GEJ/PDP. E don enter front page sharp sharp, well done Seun. undecided
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ really deserved recommendation. and voters are really trying now. we should all defend our voters. As for stolen ballot boxes and  those cut should bear the consequence, it is not really GEJ fault. We can only blame him if those cut were not properly prosecuted, not even those that sent them. cos they have the right to say no
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by deols(f): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2011
Is GEJ the INEC chairman??
Was He one of the officers who worked under rain and sunshine??
Did he keep all the youth who stayed and ensured that the votes were counted in their presence?

The only good  i can say of him is that He is lucky to be President as  Nigerians make clear of how much they are tired of being deceived By those in Power.

If at all someone should be singled out for praise, its PROF. JEGA, and that is even too early.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dasukigate Funds Traced To Abati, Okupe, Fadile, And Gula / Buhari's Government Is Corrupt - Militants / Man Arrested For Alleged Goat Theft In Kwara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.