Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,934 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote (13244 Views)

INEC Chairman: Buhari Has Shown He Is Sectional Leader - Fayose / APC Supporters, Give Me Answers To any of These And Get My Vote / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by TopAnalyst(m): 10:28am On Apr 11, 2011
Don't be decieved.

Voting GEJ is like maintaining the status quo. If we truly want a change, we must sweep him along with this tsunami.
Remember that he might be a good man with good intentions, but he is on the wrong (and devilish) platform called PDP.

A vote for GEJ will return all the LOOTING FACES (bank ole, iya bobo, omi to sore, etc) back to power in the form of Ministers, Special Advisers and Ambassadors. What do we get at the end ZERO - because the party continues.

SO LET US JOIN HANDS TO UPROOT PDP THIS COMING SATURDAY FOR A BETTER FUTURE FOR US AND COMING GENERATIONS!!!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by edicolove: 10:41am On Apr 11, 2011
Don't be decieved.

Voting GEJ is like maintaining the status quo. If we truly want a change, we must sweep him along with this tsunami.
Remember that he might be a good man with good intentions, but he is on the wrong (and devilish) platform called PDP.

A vote for GEJ will return all the LOOTING FACES (bank ole, iya bobo, omi to sore, etc) back to power in the form of Ministers, Special Advisers and Ambassadors. What do we get at the end ZERO - because the party continues.

SO LET US JOIN HANDS TO UPROOT PDP THIS COMING SATURDAY FOR A BETTER FUTURE FOR US AND COMING GENERATIONS!!!

Yeah right! and vote who? the Tinubus of this world and the Buharis of this world? thanks a lot for the option. I'll stick with GEJ. I have had enough of Tinubu here in Lagos, stealing the state dry. and read this: The new PDP with Jonathan at the helm and in control is a thousand times better than ACN or CPC. Nigerians know better and saturday just proved it.

Once upon a time, a certain party came out preaching change and while we were about to celebrate, they went and brought someone who has spent over 35 years in and around government as their candidate. How is that a recipe for change? A man that should be at home playing with his great grand children. This country na wa o! Change ko change ni!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Manpikin1(m): 10:47am On Apr 11, 2011
IF GEJ WAS TRUSTWORTHY HE WONT ACTUALLY BE CONTESTING THIS ELECTION, PDP HAD A ZONING ARRANGEMENT WHICH HAD BEEN AGREED TO AND FUNCTIONAL LONG BEFORE THIS ELECTION, IF HE HAD INTEGRITY HE WOULD HAVE STUCK WITH IT AND SERVED HIS "LUCKY TERM" WITH INTEGRITY AND WAITED FOR HIS PROPER TURN

That answers it all.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by TopAnalyst(m): 10:51am On Apr 11, 2011
edicolove:

Yeah right! and vote who? the[b] Tinubus of this world and the Buharis of this world[/b]? thanks a lot for the option. I'll stick with GEJ. I have had enough of Tinubu here in Lagos, stealing the state dry. and read this: The new PDP with Jonathan at the helm and in control is a thousand times better than ACN or CPC. Nigerians know better and saturday just proved it.

Once upon a time, a certain party came out preaching change and while we were about to celebrate, they went and brought someone who has spent over 35 years in and around government as their candidate. How is that a recipe for change? A man that should be at home playing with his great grand children. This country na wa o! Change ko change ni!

I'll like to remind you that Tinubu is not contesting.

Also, are you sure of your facts about Tinubu "stealing the state dry"? Anyway, if that's the way people steal and still get things done for the benefit of the populace, I think I'll support that kind of stealing.

You can see the difference in the state where Tinubu steals from and other states in the Federation - THE DIFFERENCE IS VERY CLEAR!!!

Once again, think twice before you cast your vote for PDP's GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by edicolove: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2011
IF GEJ WAS TRUSTWORTHY HE WONT ACTUALLY BE CONTESTING THIS ELECTION, PDP HAD A ZONING ARRANGEMENT WHICH HAD BEEN AGREED TO AND FUNCTIONAL LONG BEFORE THIS ELECTION, IF HE HAD INTEGRITY HE WOULD HAVE STUCK WITH IT AND SERVED HIS "LUCKY TERM" WITH INTEGRITY AND WAITED FOR HIS PROPER TURN

That answers it all.

It is so sad when you see young men making undemocratic statements like this. It is a bad sign for Nigeria. Zoning in 2011 especially after they have ruled for 39 years out of 50 already? you "born to rule" sycophants from the north will never thread on our future again. never! If GEJ had gone for that crap, it would have set Nigeria 40 years back. Thank God he is more intelligent than that.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by edicolove: 10:58am On Apr 11, 2011
I'll like to remind you that Tinubu is not contesting.

Also, are you sure of your facts about Tinubu "stealing the state dry"? Anyway, if that's the way people steal and still get things done for the benefit of the populace, I think I'll support that kind of stealing.

You can see the difference in the state where Tinubu steals from and other states in the Federation - THE DIFFERENCE IS VERY CLEAR!!!

Once again, think twice before you cast your vote for PDP's GEJ.

what has Tinubu done? nothing my friend. you want to compare him to Donald duke or Rotimi Amaechi? Tinubu would do a one kilometer road and use 10 million to print posters talking about the road. rubbish. most of the roads in Alimosho are useless. They just keep using propaganda to spread falsehood. The Adeniji jones bypass construction has been going on for over 7 years now. still no headway. the lagos water ways project is still a dream. not to talk of the botched Enron fake project. He spent the last 2 years fighting Fashola every step of the way because he wants total control of Lagos money. building 3 toll gates in Lekki that is a residential area just to enrich his pocket. Where did he get the money to setup The Nation newspapers? TVC and the radio station? Tinubu ko Tinubu ni1
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Manpikin1(m): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2011
Suddenly some people believe there can be an uprising in Nigeria. not any time soon.

If GEJ allowed PDP to rig, nothing for happen! una think sey na egypt be this.

Nigerians do not love Nigeria to the extent of laying down their life. is it because GEJ is not a dictator like OBJ or Abacha?

is it because he has given you the confidence to go out and vote.

when them shoot 3 people for Abuja, every body go enter house.

They will just kill, arrest, or bribe the head of the protest, and everybody will go home.

Suddenly we think we will all work together.

Stop being Naive, Just Make sure GEJ remains the president.

Can you count the number of persons that have already lost their lives this election season? Don't just open that dirty mouth of yours to voice any rubbish. Especially, when you are not aware of the happenings around you. Nigerians have had enough. Therefore, whosoever rigs this election will definitely pay with his dear life. Just WATCH AND SEE
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by fxtopedia(m): 11:08am On Apr 11, 2011
Lol,  trust GEJ,
A man that VOTED 4times in 2007.
A man that has wasted all our reserve
A man that do not understand the meaning of JOB security
A man that is clueless
A man full of corruption,  Trust ko, trust no. Everybody eye is opened,and people are tired of PDP. That was what led to the result.

STOP deceiving people.

SAI: BUHARI-BAKARE FOR PRESIDENT.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Abagworo(m): 11:14am On Apr 11, 2011
He has not shown nothing of a trust.Imo State,Anambra and Abia State were either rigged or wrong result announced.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by edicolove: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2011
Lol, trust GEJ,
A man that VOTED 4times in 2007.
A man that has wasted all our reserve
A man that do not understand the meaning of JOB security
A man that is clueless
A man full of corruption, Trust ko, trust no. Everybody eye is opened,and people are tired of PDP. That was what led to the result.

STOP deceiving people.

SAI: BUHARI-BAKARE FOR PRESIDENT.

Which result are you talking about again? the one PDP swept and CPC failed? You have started your propaganda again. even ANPP had the same senate seats as CPC. na wa o
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Manpikin1(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2011
It is so sad when you see young men making undemocratic statements like this. It is a bad sign for Nigeria. Zoning in 2011 especially after they have ruled for 39 years out of 50 already? you "born to rule" sycophants from the north will never thread on our future again. never! If GEJ had gone for that crap, it would have set Nigeria 40 years back. Thank God he is more intelligent than that.

Was he sleeping when he agreed in the first instance? See, you will all vomit the monies that are making you call black white. Yes, soon enough. Liars.

I don't care whether he is my brother. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN SHOULD GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by edicolove: 11:18am On Apr 11, 2011
He has not shown nothing of a trust.Imo State,Anambra  and Abia State were either rigged or wrong result announced.

So when you loose it is rigged and when you win it is free and fair, abi? you lot are sore losers. do the honorable thing like bankole (i cant believe i am even crediting him for this)  and congratulate the winners.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by kimbaby: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2011
Nigerians can never be pleased and grateful, one man showed us that we can have peaceful and fair elections, something i never thought would happen in my lifetime.

INEC carried out the elections but if jonathan wasn't honest we would have started hearing another set of results in abuja and Jega removed immediately, the worst nigerians can do is protest for one day then the police will come out with guns and teargas and everyone will lick their wounds.

if jonathan wasn't honest votes would not have been counted in front of the electorates
was buhari not with ANPP before, who would have allowed his party members win PDP during Obj's time.
we have forgotten soooooooooooo soooooooooooonn all the matchet cuts, all the fighting, all the killings and at the end of the day someone will just come out to broadcast one figure as the result.

even if he makes bankole or iyabo ministers so what that's his choice, but he allowed us to also have our own choice by not forcing them on us.

jonathan is credible, he's my hero, he gets my votes and that of my descendants.

UP JONATHAN!!! HE IS A GREAT MAN AND A GREAT LEADER FOR A GREAT NATION
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Abagworo(m): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2011
edicolove:

So when you loose it is rigged and when you win it is free and fair, abi? you lot are sore losers. do the honorable thing like bankole (i cant believe i am even crediting him for this)  and congratulate the winners.

The first set of results were the true results but all the delayed ones were doctored.If you look at the pattern, joy and video coverage of the first set of results you would believe that it was free and fair.Call any village woman in Imo State and ask if they voted PDP.Infact I got a call from one of the PDP guys in Imo yesterday telling me that ACN won Orlu,APGA won Owerri and Okigwe but they were looking for ways to manipulate the results.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by recoome(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2011
@abagworo: what would u say if i told u dat i got a call 4rm a friend in osun, and that PDP won the elections and ACN rigged it? Pls go and sit down jor!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by edicolove: 11:49am On Apr 11, 2011
The first set of results were the true results but all the delayed ones were doctored.If you look at the pattern, joy and video coverage of the first set of results you would believe that it was free and fair.Call any village woman in Imo State and ask if they voted PDP.Infact I got a call from one of the PDP guys in Imo yesterday telling me that ACN won Orlu,APGA won Owerri and Okigwe but they were looking for ways to manipulate the results.

you are really outdated. apart from ngige in anambra, no ibo man will make Tinubu his godfather. you are clueless. the first set of results were south west results and ACN won as expected. what if i tell you they rigged Alimosho because I know they did but it is not relevant. only sore losers like you say such things. please congratulate Nigerians for voting leaders of their choice. the whole world is congratulating Naija. dont be left behind. abi you wan carry last like Buhari?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Koolking(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2011
not the issue of goodluck jonathan being trustworthy, but the measures put in place, the voting options adopted by inec make it nearly impossible to rig. if you think of rigging, then think twice!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Rorhymes(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2011
I could have sworn the title of the topic was ; Jonathan has shown he can be trusted so he still gets my vote? so whats up with all the other irrelevant discussion?

Has Jonathan shown he can be trusted? Yes or No

Does He still get your vote? Yes or No

In my opinion the answer in Yes X2
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Abagworo(m): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
edicolove:

you are really outdated. apart from ngige in anambra, no ibo man will make Tinubu his godfather. you are clueless. the first set of results wer south west results and ACN won as expected. what if i tell you they rigged Alimosho because I know they did but it is not relevant. only sore losers like you say such things. please congratulate Nigerians for voting leaders of their choice. the whole world is congratulating Naija. dont be left behind. abi you wan carry last like Buhari?

I do not make careless statements.Ok can you please explain to me why South-West results came out faster than Southeast which is about half the land mass and population of SW?Can you also tell me why there was no video coverage of the elections in SE?

I pray the judiciary do their work and I will be vindicated soonest.

@topic.Earlier yesterday I thought he could be trusted but with what happened in my state I doubt his sincerity.There will be crisis if these things are not addressed as soon as possible.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by drstone1: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
When the Head is Bad, there can be no soundness in the body; when the Head is crooked, every other thing will go 419. When the Head is Sick, Every other thing will begin to die.
BUT When the Head is GOODLUCK, every thing falls in place well and it will seem that it is all too easy!!! even the  Eagles(football team) under Goodluck have suddenly become super! Listen, and hear me very well.IN LIFE THERE ARE NO ACCIDENTS!!! GOODLUCK is not just there by CHANCE. GOD HAS FAVORED NIGERIA>>>>>>>>>>I dey laff 4 here OOOOO.I wish all NairaLanders{NIGERIANS} fulllness of JOY. tongue tongue wink wink
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by fxtopedia(m): 12:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
edicolove:

Which result are you talking about again? the one PDP swept and CPC failed? You have started your propaganda again. even ANPP had the same senate seats as CPC. na wa o

You to read without a bias in your mind jare,
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by ideylaff: 12:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
Someone (GEJ)that people were stoning 50% of the time up North wherever he visited with his co robbers and looters,  isssh : is surely not popular unless they rig the election,

Thanks to all the final figure collators @ INEC HQ and The Returning Officers.

GOD will judge you all that's if your conscience does not hunt you all to your graves
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by fxtopedia(m): 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2011
jonathan cannot be trusted,  PERIOD
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by jmaine: 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
The Southwest especially Lagos is about to give GEJ a pleasant surprise . . Total domination at the polls  . . Tsunami go pack anti GEJ people go dump for Chad cos even Adamawa and other northern states go fixed their hand small for GEJ cos Buhari go wan form Local champion small for him hood but shekarau and Ribadu go drag with am small, meaning say that no go be wahala. .Coming down south . .SS/ SE . . . oboy. . . .na Armageddon e go be for Buhari and him cohorts  . .e go be like Earth quake cos i see a 99.9% PDP sweep . . .

GEJ is the Man . .It's now clearer . . .

Tip. .Do you desire a windfall profits and you are good at burgling apartments and you have an empire to that effect. . come to Lagos and operate cos houses will be deserted, people are ready to go out enmasse  and Fix their hand for GEJ . . . You need to feel the Vibe down here . .  Who no know go know . .
. .

[size=30pt]GEJ all the way baba[/size]
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by GoldCircle: 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
I bet many of the posters on this tread didn't even vote on Saturday!so sad! Whether GEJ,Buhari or Ribadu, the most important thing is participating in the democratic process and making your vote count. Talk is cheap!Enough of Facebook & Nairaland activism!

Stand up & be counted!!

Please go out and vote on Saturday, April 16, 2011.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by emekagh(m): 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
TopAnalyst:

Don't be decieved.

PDP does not have absolute majority in the National Assembly, so even if Jonathan nominates them, it up to the National Assembly to accept them or not.

That is the beauty of free and fair election, the will of the people will reign even at the national assembly. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has changed Nigeria forever simply by allowing INEC do her job without undue interference. Goodluck has changed PDP forever,  strategically isolating the bad eggs for the people to deal with.

GEJ is simply a breath of fresh air.

Vote whom you like, GEJ is not desperate for power, that is why I will vote for him.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
If we have learnt any lessons in these past few years it is the following: A politician left on his own will use power to his advantage.

President GEJ can, after a successful conduct of the next two elections, rightly claim a legacy of free and fair elections under his watch. However, that is where his self-back-slapping should stop. We must not forget that, but for the sake of having another opportunity to do it again the election was a failure on April 2nd. If that date had been April 28 - the last day for elections allowed by the constitution - we 'll be in the middle of a serious constitutional crisis right now.

It is understandable that people would like to use this to further GEJ's campaign - it is what you are supposed to do - but they must also realize that Nigerians are going to be nobody's fool anymore. The totality of the current election's success is attributable to many factors each equally important like the stands of a three-legged stool:
1) Perhaps the most important, Nigerians have had enough of PDP's shenanigans and had the elections under close watch;
2) Jega finally got his acts together;
3) Emergence of two strong oppositions parties to keep PDP honest;
4) In-fighting within PDP; and
5) President GEJ has a good attitude to the elections - he is willing to play a little dirty politics, but he would not go as far as engage in outright vote stealing on behalf of his party (and we hope not next Saturday either) like OBJ, Atiku, et al . That attitude is very important, but without the others I bet if GEJ doesn't personally authorize vote-stealing, his party agents will do it freely and he would not refuse to be a beneficiary of the outcome.

Win or lose, with a credible election President GEJ would become an important force on the Nigerian landscape for a long time to come. However, winning through a fraudulent election would cause all hell to break loose

+1
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by edicolove: 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2011

Win or lose, with a credible election President GEJ would become an important force on the Nigerian landscape for a long time to come. However, winning through a fraudulent election would cause all hell to break loose

why are you repeating the obvious. GEJ has promised free and fair election and he has delivered. what do you want again. give the guy his credit and stop hating. Buhari didnt even have a plan back to democracy after 20 months in office. Tinubu couldnt even conduct free and fair elections in his party. haba. sai Goodluck. sai Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Orikinla(m): 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2011
Anyone who says or thinks President Goodluck Jonathan is trustworthy is of course an ignorant fool. The National Assembly Elections of last Saturday were not free and fair in many wards in majority of the states, including wards in Lagos State. Many voters were intimidated and others were bribed and the results were manipulated. The fact is, majority of Nigerians are shamelessly corrupt and remain the laughing stock of civilized nations. You people are just a joke and a mockery of democracy. What happened to the defunct NPN is what will happen to the PDP.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by scottN(m): 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
At least the International Monitoring Group has commented positively on the level of Transparency and Conduct of this election (compared to the previous ones)
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Asobank: 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
people on their own just de mount billboard n posters of Goodluck evrywher 4rm streets 2 major roads even 4 highway xpecially youths. no b small tin.4rm d east,west, north & south. dem say na Goodluck dem want o! i shock sef because them plenty 4 road and dem know wetin dem want . and na true talk dem they talk. VICTORY 4 GEJ,VICTORY 4 NIGERIA!!! !!!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Orikinla(m): 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
scottN:

At least the International Monitoring Group has commented positively on the level of Transparency and Conduct of this election (compared to the previous ones)
How many places did they  monitor? Were they in the creeks of the Niger Delta?  Did they see the chief in Itire-Mushin who brandished a gun to intimidate voters? Did they witness the murder of people in Imo State? Did they know that the CP even warned Governor Ohakim for going round polling centres to intimidate voters. You have not heard the last of the elections of last Saturday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Private Jets Used To Smuggle Cash, Fugitives – FG / Why We Impeached Ondo Speaker, Deputy – Fatai Olotu / Bandits Take Over Zugu, Zamfara As They Kill And Kidnap Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.