Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:10 AM

Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote (13199 Views)

INEC Chairman: Buhari Has Shown He Is Sectional Leader - Fayose / APC Supporters, Give Me Answers To any of These And Get My Vote / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Ibaeniope1: 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
This time we will vote them out, in odogbolu local government as at yesterday acn won in all most of the polling center. Pls let use broom in weeping them away.(all the corrupt leader)
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Ibaeniope1: 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
This time we will vote them out, in odogbolu local government as at yesterday acn won in all most of the polling center. Pls let use broom in weeping them away.(all the corrupt leader)
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by EzeUche(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
People need to give Goodluck Jonathan the credit he so rightfully deserve. I am getting sick of those who continue to insult him, even though he provided credible elections for the people. What more do you want from the man?

ACN is gaining ground. APGA is gaining ground. CPC is gaining ground. LP is gaining ground. Yet, people continue to say such nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by boyt1: 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
At lease i am proud to say that i came to  Nigeria to Vote in a  credible Election.
For the first time in Nigeria, the Party of  a sitting President is losing some sits at the National Assembly.

I know  that GEJ will surely get the  Votes of most  Nigerians, this will bring real Change to the Nation.
Even the foreign Press credited his hard work.  Long live Democracy!Long live GEJ!  and LONG live  Nigeria!!!.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by digi101(m): 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2011
@EZEUCHE ARE U IN NIGERIA AT ALL, POINT OF CORRECTION HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO NIGERIA IN THE LAST 4 YEARS?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by roxell120(m): 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2011
the massive loss of pdp candidates will strongly consolidate our democracy.if GEJ eventually wins he must surely deliver dividends of democracy to the people in order to restore the people's lost confidence to the party. im sure he will deliver cos PDP wont sleep as the recent shock will definitely put them on their toes.nigerians ve woken up from being decieved all these while,they now look for people they can trust not party affiliation anymore.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by md4real(m): 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2011
Blazing99:

When I throw a stick to the field and I tell my dog to fetch, he runs and brings the stick back to me. This has shown he can be trusted, please vote for him next Saturday too.

nice one, really cracked me up
A vote for jonathan is a vote for those you rejected at the polls to be your ambasaddors, ministers and special assistants, change. Biro or bloom.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by swiftycool(m): 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
recoome:

@swiftycool: pls dnt derail the thread, what does this have 2 do with the rascal statement.
no vex, perhaps it wuld be better to start it on a new thread a week to election. my point is just that a man who pretends to be humble, protects & represents the wicked, rejoices with criminals yet refers to hardworking selfless leaders as raskals can only be a FRAUD. D election success was cos he couldnt manipulate JEGA period
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by OmoB4: 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
I think u r gettin it all mixed up here.Here is a person who once promised dat he would not contest d elections nd he would only conduct it.If u can remember during dis period,he appionted Chief Jega,a man known for fairness nd incorruptibility.Dis surely didnt go down well with PDP chieftains but GEJ stood by this cos at that time he didnt even kniw he was going to contest.Suddenly he showed up nd declared his intention to contest but the deed could not be undone and PDP had to go to the battlefield with no hope of rigging as thet normally do.If not xplain why they lost in such disgraceful manner in some places they would normally win.Poor Jonathan he became a man caught btw the devil nd the deep blue sea.He didnt want to go back on his promise thereby risking the wrath of the pple nd he didint want to anger d PDP chieftains.But he realised that the people mattered to him than any chieftain.I just think what we saw y"day was the work of Jega and not GEJ as some pple claim cos left 4 him he would have done it the way his predecessors had done it.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by dustydee: 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

People need to give Goodluck Jonathan the credit he so rightfully deserve. I am getting sick of those who continue to insult him, even though he provided credible elections for the people. What more do you want from the man?

ACN is gaining ground. APGA is gaining ground. CPC is gaining ground. LP is gaining ground. Yet, people continue to say such nonsense.
In essence we should be castigating Obasanjo and not Iwu for the flawed 2007 elections. Why was everyone shouting Iwu's name and now that it is good you are shouting the presidents name and not Jega as if it was the president that conducted the polls.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by moshoodn(m): 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2011
Its all a gimmick. . .

In politics, there's what we call one-for-one. Sacrifice a lesser post for the ultimate and you'll be duly rewarded later.
All in the name of gaining credibility.

Jonathan has his plans up his sleeve.

You guys think he's gonna sit and watch himself lose.

With lotta people dead, you still praise him?

Let him go f**k himself!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by JimmyBoy1: 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
Please don't get it twisted, two factors were responsible for Jega's appointment.

1.CIA did there screening, and recommended Jega strongly.
2. GEJ wasn't sure he would scale PDP's primaries in the face of zoning wahala.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by moshoodn(m): 6:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
Its all a gimmick. . .

In politics, there's what we call one-for-one. Sacrifice a lesser post for the ultimate and you'll be duly rewarded later.
All in the name of gaining credibility.

Jonathan has his plans up his sleeve.

You guys think he's gonna sit and watch himself lose.

With lotta people dead, you still praise him?

Let him go f**k himself!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by recoome(m): 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2011
@swiftycool: i see u are nt in Nigeria or in touch with the system, GEJ have appointed any one he wanted or even refuse 2 sign or implement the electoral reforms taken up by the UMY govt, so pls be appreciative of his achievements.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by digi101(m): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
IF GEJ WAS TRUSTWORTHY HE WONT ACTUALLY BE CONTESTING THIS ELECTION, PDP HAD A ZONING ARRANGEMENT WHICH HAD BEEN AGREED TO AND FUNCTIONAL LONG BEFORE THIS ELECTION, IF HE HAD INTEGRITY HE WOULD HAVE STUCK WITH IT AND SERVED HIS "LUCKY TERM" WITH INTEGRITY AND WAITED FOR HIS PROPER TURN
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by darqly(m): 7:06pm On Apr 10, 2011
And a rubbish assertion if ever i read one,how can PDP's loss be equated to Jonathan's trustworthiness? Nigeria is due for change and PDP is NOT the vehicle to take us there, so the people- and not GEJ- should be commended for going a different direction. Your vote is yours, how u cast it is entirely your problem, so please stop endorsing GEJ/PDP with your baseless analogy!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Odunnu: 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2011
@mosh: you are a funny dude. Tell us how myGEJ did the sacrifice.
This guy is clueless and dumb, remember.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by lwise(m): 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
ive never seen a honest leader like gej b4.oooh,im overwhelmd with joy.Dats wat me n my friends hav been discussin since i came back from church.Six of my friends in my street hav made up thier mind to vote for gej.as for me and my family na gej we go vote for.haters go lie down for express.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by ideylaff: 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
IS ONLY FOOLISH MEN WHO HAVE DOUBTED IS INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY THE MAN GEJ IS WITHOUT BLEMISH IS JUST THAT SOME DESPERATE AND AWKWARD GROUP TRY TO RUBISH HIM,

NIGERIANS ARE VOTING INDIVIDUAL NOT PARTY ANY MORE IMO STATE IS A TYPICAL EXAMPLE.

GEJ ALL THE WAY.

Can we all stop talking like ignorant people and read the writting on the wall.

Security reports and current world/African political situation has shown that any attempt this time around to go against the peoples voice will result
in bloodshed, unrest and an ungovernable situation.

3 weeks ago, Hillary Clinton and co told GEJ that Nigeria is an important country within the continent and its imperative that they let the voice of the electorates be heard loud and clear or, risk another, "Libya, Tunisia, Egypt in their hands. You can tell that they had no choice but to let this election be free and fair,

Can you just imagine even Nigerian Police arresting PDP people caught in the middle of election melle. lipsrsealed

There is more to this than what meets the eye.

GEJ was shown and he could feel that PDP had really outlived their stay

That's my take.

Yes I could give kudos to him for not doing otherwise.

another question, do u think OBJ could not have rigged, but he was told 2 his face 3 days ago, Rig ds damn thing and we would burn you, your entire household down if you stop this train of change.

do we think Tony Annenih does not want to hold on to power, cos they all do

but the heat in the kitchen was just too hot for them to handle. they will rather lose at this age of their lives and enjoy their money than die in a peoples revolt which was surely on the cards eventually if this election was rigged.

PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENUFF  and FED UP, JUST ABOUT TIME

IM NOT SAYING THE BROOM AND PEN LOGO PARTY ARE ANY BETTER THAN THE PDP BOY BUT WE NEED TO TRY THEM, PDP WAS GETTING TO COMFORTABLE FOR THEIR SHOES AND ALSO FOR THE MOVING FORWARD OF THE COUNTRY AS A WHOLE.

THEY DON'T EVEN CONSTRUCT THE ORDINARY BOREHOLE THAT THEY USED TO COUNT AS AN ACHIEVEMENT ANYMORE. THEY GOT SO BIG THEY THOUGHT MONEY COULD BUY ANYTHING. sad sad sad

IF THE NEW ONES/POLITICIANS COMING IN DON'T PERFORM WE HAVE ANOTHER 4 YEARS TO SPEAK AGAIN. THAT'S REAL AND PROPER DEMOCRACY

GOODLUCK TO NIGERIA. ;LETS WELCOME A NEW DAWN WITH OPEN ARMS,  I AM GLAD AND EXCITED. WHAT ABOUT YOU, "@beaf",  grin
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by dustydee: 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2011
SMH! I weep for Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by muami(m): 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ certainly gets my vote too. I just read through comments left on Sahara Reporters and was amazed to see so many people showering praises on GEJ for the elections. Before now, all he gets on SR is insults.Now people have realised where the real change lies. Go GEJ
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by benqutay: 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2011
President Jonathan has shown that he is different from Obasanjo by showing progressive path to better Nigeria. The problem now is not of Jonathan integrity as an individual but the characters that form the party whose manifestoes he going to execute.PDP is characterised with corrupt individuals that will never make Nigerians grow,thanks to God that the wind of change has come to blow and blow some unscrupulous leaders away.If Jonathan is in CPC I would have loved to vote for him but now CPC's Buhari is the leader that can effect the change Nigerians want.We cannot afford to be totally ruined by PDP.
[b]BUHARI/BAKARE WILL MAKE IT DONE FOR NIGERIANS.[/b]
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Asobank: 7:25pm On Apr 10, 2011
my vote counts for President Jonathan having proven himself beyond limitations and intimidations. GEJ FOR PRESIDENT.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by lwise(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2011
[size=8pt][/size]ive never seen a honest leader like gej b4.oooh,im
overwhelmd with joy.Dats wat me n my friends hav
been discussin since i came back from church.Six of my
friends in my street hav made up thier mind to vote for
gej.as for me and my family na gej we go vote
for.haters go lie down for express.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Cmeo(m): 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2011
We forget easily that it was the influence of USA on Jonathan that made him to change Prof. Iwu, if not Iwu might still be chairman of INEC. However, it is even too early to say Jega conducted a good election, we easily forget that there are more to elections than just going to poll, vote and believe the election has gone well. Would Jega and INEC as a whole be able to defend all of their actions at tribunal and thereafter? We didn't know Iwu conducted a very bad election until court nullifies some elections and evidences show Iwu and the INEC were out to defend the ruling party. In my own option, I believe its too early to credit or rubbish Jega and INEC, so also Jonathan.

Trust is an answer of time.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by digi101(m): 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2011
Oil minister in N2.2b bribery scandal  - http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5688389-146/story.csp

VOTE B-B; VOTE CHANGE NOW!  

VIVA REVOLUTION!!!

LETS GET THE JOB DONE! LINE THEM UP!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by recoome(m): 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2011
Grace bent/PDP wins Adamawa south.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by moshoodn(m): 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Odunnu,
I KNOW THE GUY IS AS CLUELESS AND DUMB AS CAN BE!
But trust me, the party is up to something big yet to be unveiled.
I'm a politician, and i can smell something around.
But we ain't gonna let that happen.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by DaGeneral1: 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2011
But Iyabo lost, so ur argument is not valid, here in Kaduna, the people I met at a dedication today all decided to vote GEJ as they have regained confidence in him.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by AjanleKoko: 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Topic,
Seriously? Na so una be, Nigerians?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by deesdee: 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
am sorry, but lets not deceive our selves, GEJ was not the reason for this free election, Nigerians are the reason for this change, had it been people dint show that they are serious to defend their votes this wouldnt have happened. and mind you he never knew who jega was he wouldnt have appointed him to that office.
any way Good bless Nigeria.

but GEJ is not to be trusted.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by DaGeneral1: 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2011
Oil minister in N2.2b bribery scandal - http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5688389-146/story.csp

VOTE B-B; VOTE CHANGE NOW!

VIVA REVOLUTION!!!

LETS GET THE JOB DONE! LINE THEM UP!

This is not necessary, and there is no proof, dont derail this thread, Im aware its ur plan B

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Militants Issue Warning To FG Over 'harrassment' Of Patience Jonathan / Corruption: Negotiate With Looters - Bishop Kukah Tells FG / Ekiti 2022: Segun Oni Quits PDP After Losing PDP Gubernatorial Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.