Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:54 AM

Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote (13200 Views)

INEC Chairman: Buhari Has Shown He Is Sectional Leader - Fayose / APC Supporters, Give Me Answers To any of These And Get My Vote / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Rorhymes(m): 7:42pm On Apr 10, 2011
The president deserves sum credit for creating an enabling environment, for putting a competent person and for keeping to his words. A lot of people today do not even know how to do that.

He could have decided and afforded to ' MAFIA' d elections and the process. All this talk about fight and fire is LONGTIN!!

Will u go on d streets with placard? Will u be the one to carry arms? Leave the matter.

Also prof Jega has changed from the centre of ridicule to the centre of praise. Its amazin how people change. Smh

All we can do now to change anything is to go out and vote.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by digi101(m): 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
@DA GENERAL

FUNNY DEFENCE grin, WHO CHOOSE THE BLOODY PRESENT CABINET?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by efisher(m): 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
[size=16pt]<MYTH BUSTED!!!>[/size]

GEJ has hereby proven that he will not put the party's or any other individual's interest (including OBJ) ahead of the national interest.
GEJ is a man of integrity.

Fresh Air cheesy

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQuJihVkVHE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"[/flash]
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by moshoodn(m): 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ ko, GEJ ni.

That guy can't be trusted!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by asamuel: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2011
up till tomorrow Jonathan is a thief. he, OBJ and Bode George still don't know how to rig this one. Shame on them.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by digi101(m): 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Rorhymes

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NIGERIA OF YESTER YEARS, WE A RE NOT STUPID, DOCILE OR DUMB!!!
A FEW ARROGANT ASSHOLES CAN NOT CORNER THE WEALTH OF THE NATION AND LORD IT OVER US ALL!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by tlops(m): 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2011
PDP has never won election massively as we saw in the past, the result has always been like this but wuruwuru Iwu was always generating figure that produces PDP as a national party,

As for GEJ, uhmm, I wish him double good luck nxt week.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by DaGeneral1: 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2011
Its not a defense, but till proven, we must see it as a distraction and propaganda to derail the good works that we have seen today,,,Any body can write anything
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by tlops(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2011
asamuel:

up till tomorrow Jonathan is a thief. he, OBJ and Bode George still don't know how to rig this one. Shame on them.

surprisingly almighty Obj lost in his ward!!! Obj should apply for some luck from goodluck.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by nwaghana: 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ is not too bad as a person, but how can he surround himself with evil people and simply be their puppet. He dines with  Annenih, OBJ, Ojo Maduekwe, Madam Turai, Alameisiya, Ibori, Cecilia Ibru, Dimeji Bankole, etc. and expect they would let him do something meaningful for Nigeria. He made the same mistake by aligning himself with the same people when his was deputy governor and didn't achieve anything. He became governor of bayelsa and still instisted on keeping bad friends, today he can't point to any good thing he did for Bayelsa. He became vice president and still didn't learn from his mistake, and today he can't point to any thing he achieved that justify his remuneration as vice president. He became president and even added more evil men to the litany of his corrupt friends. My advice to him is, if by mistake he wins the Presidential election, he should do away with his bad friends and advisers. The fly wey no dey hear word, dey follow dead body enter ground!!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by digi101(m): 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
oil price is currently $112 /barrel , we produce around 2 million barrels a day, abeg tell us which good works jare
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2011
Nigerian though educated are just too backwards in their thinking.

In a civilized country, what is the presidents business with the affiars of the electoral commission?

Do you think this whole thing is not a bait in the first place?

For Gej to win some "scape goats" were needed (to loss) to buy Nigerians trust and sympathy, as it is known Nigerians are very easy to forget things.

If you think promising on a free and fair election and it happened (with mar spread rigging in some states and electoral violence) qualifies Gej to be a good candidate, then i pity the generation yet unborn.

INEC doesnt fall within his juridisction so he absolutely has no say there.

Let him deliver on project right under his nose like power, roads, security, fighting of corruption. He TOTALLY FAILED in these areas so why commend him for what doesnt fall under his portfolio as a president?

Nigerians be wise!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by moshoodn(m): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2011
We need a better leader but definitely not GEJ!

Who ate all the national $40b fries?
GEJ, it is.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Rorhymes(m): 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
Like I said,

The ONLY thing we can do to CHANGE ANYTHING is to go out and vote.

I can't even begin to count how many people on bbm had their status as sleepin ☑ or chilling ☑.

If we want a change we need to ACT.

Bad things happen when good men refuse to act.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2011
PEOPLE HELP!!!

FOR WHATEVER REASON, SEUN AND HIS DISCIPLES HAVE BEEN DELETING MY POST.

HE HAS JUST PROVEN HE IS AGAINST ANYTHING / MEMBER WHO EXPRESSES OPEN VIEWS AGAISNT THE WRONG DOING OF PDP AND GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
PEOPLE HELP!!!

FOR WHATEVER REASON, SEUN AND HIS DISCIPLES HAVE BEEN DELETING MY POST.

HE HAS JUST PROVEN HE IS AGAINST ANYTHING / MEMBER WHO EXPRESSES OPEN VIEWS AGAISNT THE WRONG DOING OF PDP AND GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by bodejohn(m): 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2011
PDP's loss in this election is only showing GEJ one thing, that the time for change is now!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by keletex2000(m): 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2011
I  have always had confidence in GEJ. I believe there are three groups that dont believe in GEJ:

1. People that dont believe that anything good can come out from PDP

2. Others that judge him by the people around him(obj and co)

3. The last group
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Igwe9(m): 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
[size=14pt]For once I see reason to vote for GEJ come this Saturday. Those against this guy are doing that for their own selfish reasons, and those insinuating that he would give Bankole and Co appointment are  demented and damn too desperate to tarnish GEJ name.[/size]  cool
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by ibedun: 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2011
PLEASE GIVE GEJ A CHANCE.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHO GETS THERE, NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY WITH ITS CURRENT STRUCTURE JUST DOESNT HAVE THE MEANS (MONEY) TO PROVIDE ALL THESE NEEDS IMMEDIATELY. SELLING PETROL ALONE WILL NOT CUT IT.

THE STEPS HE HAS TAKEN ON POWER GENERATION (ELECTRICITY) IS SPOT-ON BUT WILL TAKE SOME TIME AND GOOD CONTINUOUS GOVERNANCE TO COME TO FRUITION.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHO GETS THERE.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by MaiSuya(m): 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2011
So who should be given the credit for the electoral process? GEJ or Jega? If you blamed Jega for last week's botched performance, it smacks of hypocrisy to praise GEJ for yesterday's performance. ”
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by muami(m): 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ on Facebook.

When I took office I promised to focus on three areas-a. Electoral Reform b. Energy Security c. Electricity Generation. In the Niger Delta we now have peace leading to a 20% increase in oil production. We now generate power at our highest level in 10 years. Yesterday saw the start of a free and credible electoral process. I've kept faith with you and now I ask that you keep faith with one Nigeria. GEJ
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by muami(m): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2011
talknafree:

Nigerian though educated are just too backwards in their thinking.

In a civilized country, what is the presidents business with the affiars of the electoral commission?

Do you think this whole thing is not a bait in the first place?

For Gej to win some "scape goats" were needed (to loss) to buy Nigerians trust and sympathy, as it is known Nigerians are very easy to forget things.

If you think promising on a free and fair election and it happened (with mar spread rigging in some states and electoral violence) qualifies Gej to be a good candidate, then i pity the generation yet unborn.

INEC doesnt fall within his juridisction so he absolutely has no say there.

Let him deliver on project right under his nose like power, roads, security, fighting of corruption. He TOTALLY FAILED in these areas so why commend him for what doesnt fall under his portfolio as a president?

Nigerians be wise!

Unfortunately Nigeria is not a civilized country which is why the president's actions and body language affects INEC.That is why GEJ deserves commendation.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Peaceworld(m): 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2011
to all nysc members who lost their lives during the nass elections, a moment of silence.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by BlakkBoi(m): 8:16pm On Apr 10, 2011
@poster,
You have a right to peaceful campaign for any candidate of your choice, but when you reason is rooted on a myopic ground of pity and sentiment then your intergrity comes into question.

You do not have to insult your audience sense of reasoning with this half-baked judgment of yours. I would vote for PDP if our ex president Yar'adua of blessed memory is still alive ( May his soul rest in peace ) because I know he will go against all PDP odds to ensure that his intergrity and welfare of Nigerians are never compromised in against maintaining PDP's status quo of governance.

I don't care who occupies the post, where he is from or what he looks like. One thing is for sure. " I WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS MEMBER OF A PARTY THAT - gives political appointments not based on merit or the character of the individual but on favour and personal acquintance.

I am fed, need and deserve a change, Period!.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by BlakkBoi(m): 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2011
@poster,
You have a right to peaceful campaign for any candidate of your choice, but when you reason is rooted on a myopic ground of pity and sentiment then your intergrity comes into question.

You do not have to insult your audience sense of reasoning with this half-baked judgment of yours. I would vote for PDP if our ex president Yar'adua of blessed memory is still alive ( May his soul rest in peace ) because I know he will go against all PDP odds to ensure that his intergrity and welfare of Nigerians are never compromised in against maintaining PDP's status quo of governance.

I don't care who occupies the post, where he is from or what he looks like. One thing is for sure. " I WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS MEMBER OF A PARTY THAT - gives political appointments not based on merit or the character of the individual but on favour and personal acquintance.

I am fed up, need and deserve a change, Period!.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Princek12(m): 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2011
It is funny that I was thinking about the same thing when I saw this thread. If Buhari were president, I am sure his win at all cost mentality will motivate him to rig elections in his favor.

GEJ needs to be applauded. This is unprecedented in Nigeria's history, where Nigerians are clamoring to news outlets to watch the results of a free and fair election and shouting that they are making change through the ballot.

If you vote for Alhahi Buhari, he will revert Nigeria back to dictatorial, old-school, military-regime politics. Our voting should be guided by the maxim, "forward ever, backward never."
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by EzeUche(m): 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2011
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Alxmyr(m): 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2011
Some people asked, whether GEJ is Prof. JEGA?
And I asked, Is Obasanjo, Maurice Iwu that conducted 2007 elections?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by dasa: 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2011
Suddenly some people believe there can be an uprising in Nigeria. not any time soon.

If GEJ allowed PDP to rig, nothing for happen! una think sey na egypt be this.

Nigerians do not love Nigeria to the extent of laying down their life. is it because GEJ is not a dictator like OBJ or Abacha?

is it because he has given you the confidence to go out and vote.

when them shoot 3 people for Abuja, every body go enter house.

They will just kill, arrest, or bribe the head of the protest, and everybody will go home.

Suddenly we think we will all work together.

Stop being Naive, Just Make sure GEJ remains the president.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by digi101(m): 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2011
BlakkBoi:

@poster,

I am fed up, need and deserve a change, Period!.

couldnt have said it better, VIVA REVOLUTION! CHANGE IS NOW !!!   DOWN WITH PDP
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Sarahluv(f): 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan has done well. This is the first set of credible elections since 1993. I believe the next thing is to try and sustain this momentum. For this, I have a greater level of trust for him. Considering that some of his opponents never even thought of putting down a transition program when they were in the same position, I say Goodluck has ushered in an era of change and accountability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate / Nnamdi Kanu Might Be Right: Compare And Contrast Between New And Old Buhari / Kano: Tribunal Sacks NNPP Rep Member, Datti Umar, Returns Apc's Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.