Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,514 members, 7,770,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:57 AM

Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote (13202 Views)

INEC Chairman: Buhari Has Shown He Is Sectional Leader - Fayose / APC Supporters, Give Me Answers To any of These And Get My Vote / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by digi101(m): 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
who are these looney bins that think violence can stop a revolution?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Adeoladada: 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
With OBJ and IBB as his (GEJ) political godfathers he can never be trusted. Those old crooks 'll be running things from behind using GEJ as their errand boy. We need Buhari as our next president. Buhari has no affiliation to anybody. There'll be no pressure on him from any godfather except from us the electorates who put him there.

I cant beleive some1 can still think in this direction,CANT YOU SEE AT ALL? WITH ALL OBASANJOS POWER HIS DAUGHTER STILL LOSE. DID U THINK GEJ HAS NO POWER TO INFLUENCE THE VOTE?ARE U NOT A NIGERIAN?GEJ DID NT WANT THE POWER BY FORCE CAN U SEE?HE SAID IF HE LOSE,HE WILL BACK OUT HONOURABLY. NIGERIAN PLS LET US THINK,I CAN SMELL THE CHANGE ALREADY.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by ideylaff: 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
The president deserves sum credit for creating an enabling environment, for putting a competent person and for keeping to his words. A lot of people today do not even know how to do that.

He could have decided and afforded to ' MAFIA' d elections and the process. All this talk about fight and fire is LONGTIN!!

Will u go on d streets with placard? Will u be the one to carry arms? Leave the matter.

Also prof Jega has changed from the centre of ridicule to the centre of praise. Its amazin how people change. Smh

All we can do now to change anything is to go out and vote.

@ Rorhymes, na lie oooooif they told Ghadaffi that his mugus 4 over 41 years will ever revolt against him, u think he will take that

These guys are not fools

They know the sound of frustration on the streets and they know that there is a never say never when it comes to people bn fed up

OK I dare them to declare that Bankole and Iyabo won if they have the balls to pull it off just to test the peoles resolve/test waters, (den no born dem)

They will ensnare themselves with fire Yes Fire,

Lets stop all these praise GEJ this and that, No be only 1 election we do,

PDP that can use election to punish its very own members or at least cut off a sore leg to keep itself alive grin

Watch this space there is more to come once they see how people have taken in the few dodgy results, they have won

People are fed up, even d so called Nollywood guys are not voting 4 PDP, they are taking their money and doing the other

If u think for one thing 9ija cannot blow up if they over rig the election and try to silence the people, then u sure must be kidding yourself

ITS THE PEOPLE THAT SPOKE AND DEFENDED THEIR VOTES. ITS THEM WHO DESERVE CREDIT,

PDP HAVE NO BALLS TO TRY THE OTHER WAY ANYWHERE THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN OUTRIGHT

GEJ HAS SPOKEN TO THE YANKS NOT ONCE , NOT TWICE BUT NUMEROUS TIMES I REPEAT AND THE STORY IS NIGERIA MUST NOT BLOW UP
COS IT NOT GOOD FOR AFRICA AND ITS NOT GOOD FOR OUR VERY OWN (OIL) BUSINESS, Even the boys working for GEJ have said oga has
bn upset these last few days cos, them OBJ and ANNENIH ARE SAYING LETS CALL THE PEOPLES BLUFF AND DECLARE, HOWEVER WE WANT IT,

BUT GEJ IS SAYING, THE FIRE IS NOT ON YOUR HEAD BUT MY HEAD.

even IBB was involved, they told him point blank mess with the people and see what the people will do to the Elites of the country

Did IBB not openly say its Ribadu, abi we think he had a brain wave,
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by virgo(f): 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2011
Princek12:

It is funny that I was thinking about the same thing when I saw this thread. If Buhari were president, I am sure his win at all cost mentality will motivate him to rig elections in his favor.

GEJ needs to be applauded. This is unprecedented in Nigeria's history, where Nigerians are clamoring to news outlets to watch the results of a free and fair election and shouting that they are making change through the ballot.

If you vote for Alhahi Buhari, he will revert Nigeria back to dictatorial, old-school, military-regime politics. Our voting should be guided by the maxim, "forward ever, backward never."

You are right about GEJ being applauded. In as much as we are in one of the most violent phase in the history of our country all because a group of people believe in their divine right to rule, I think GEJ has delivered on his promise of a free and fair election so far. As for those who say it is silly to applaud him because he is not the INEC chairman, I say amnesia has always been the biggest problem of Nigerians. Did IBB allow your votes count? Was the election of 2007 as free as the one witnessed on Saturday? Granted, there were allegations of ballot paper snatching, violence against electoral officers and the deaths of promising NYSC members (a sad situation), but over all we saw a better election than what we have seen in the past. If GEJ is clueless enough to stand back and let Jega do his job, then he is a very democratic leader. I'd rather have him than the "visionaries" with totalitarian style leadership.

With PDP losing seats in the senate and house of reps, we are going to see an active legislature that can challenge the executive to live up to its role. Yes, the man GEJ should be applauded. Not because we have reached the promise land yet, but because he has given us the power to choose our leaders, even to his/PDP's detriment.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Igwe9(m): 8:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
BlakkBoi:

@poster,
You have a right to peaceful campaign for any candidate of your choice, but when you reason is rooted on a myopic ground of pity and sentiment then your intergrity comes into question.

You do not have to insult your audience sense of reasoning with this half-baked judgment of yours. I would vote for PDP if our ex president Yar'adua of blessed memory is still alive ( May his soul rest in peace ) because I know he will go against all PDP odds to ensure that his intergrity and welfare of Nigerians are never compromised in against maintaining PDP's status quo of governance.

I don't care who occupies the post, where he is from or what he looks like. One thing is for sure. " I WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS MEMBER OF A PARTY THAT - gives political appointments not based on merit or the character of the individual but on favour and personal acquintance.

I am fed up, need and deserve a change,  Period!.

And what has Gej done wrong?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by 9jageek: 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2011
Now I am not sure who we should commend, GEJ or INEC, Plus looking at what is happening in Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen, Ivory Coast and Libya, any smart leader would know that rigging your way to power is just plain stupid and would comeback to hunt you even after you hit 90yrs of your life. If you know anything about history, take a look at Pinochet. He was taken to court in his late 90s in a wheel chair for crimes he committed to stay in power during his reign as president.

Anyways, I am so glad Nigerian democracy is beginning to mature and become legit. INEC has tried, GEJ has also tried but most importantly the voters turned out and protected their votes, Lets hope to see the same through out the elections month.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Imeobong(m): 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2011
gd job GEJ
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by virgo(f): 8:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
Did I hear some of you say "revolution?".

At this point, we should understand the country we speak of. The idea is interesting because we have an unprecedented freedom as never before. But please with all due respect to my beloved country men, we are too freaking cowardly to have a revolution. Some people refused to come out to vote on Saturday from fear of being sent to early graves and you all think we can have a revolution. LOL!

Please let's all admit it, GEJ with all his faults has allowed us to grow wings. So as we fly, we should have the ability to look at what is truly on ground. Most of the warriors on NL will run away in the face of any drunk gun totting trigger happy policeman. It must be real fun to call for a revolution from the safety of their bedrooms. What a bunch of geniuses!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Adeoladada: 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
Nigerian though educated are just too backwards in their thinking.

In a civilized country, what is the presidents business with the affiars of the electoral commission?

Do you think this whole thing is not a bait in the first place?

For Gej to win some "scape goats" were needed (to loss) to buy Nigerians trust and sympathy, as it is known Nigerians are very easy to forget things.

If you think promising on a free and fair election and it happened (with mar spread rigging in some states and electoral violence) qualifies Gej to be a good candidate, then i pity the generation yet unborn.

INEC doesnt fall within his juridisction so he absolutely has no say there.

Let him deliver on project right under his nose like power, roads, security, fighting of corruption. He TOTALLY FAILED in these areas so why commend him for what doesnt fall under his portfolio as a president?

Nigerians be wise!

@TALKNAFREE,
what kind of person are u?have u collected any money from BUHARI or wht,why are u thinking like a baby?who appointed JEGA?why nt iwu?or why cant he choose another currupt man?Romes was nt built in a day,all u are asking 4 will still be done,rem this is nt parties issue we are wise now it is u dat need to be WISE.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Azedplus(m): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
i stood to protect my vote remember ,so i deserve a credit myself . Gej can go to hell if i decide to vote for real change . CPC !!! CHANGE . I have scored him for his 12 years in govt and NOT for a day victory which should be attributed to the unrelented masses who said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by virgo(f): 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2011
Very funny conspiracy theories. I am waiting for more. GEJ needed scapegoats for sympathy votes? Nice!!!   grin

You can never miss "intelligence" when you see it!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by bodejohn(m): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2011
, what all pro GEJ agents forget is that the results of the elections were already in the public domain before the final declearation by the returning officers. There was absolutely nothing the agents of darkness could do about it. There was a guy who wanted to cause trouble in my polling unit, he was scared to his pants when he saw people bringing out their cameras to take his picture, I didn't see his face till the end of the election. The was even a state wide brodcast in Oyo state were the pdp asked all their supporters not to wear any party branded items because they knew the people were prepared to record and take pictures of any incident. I give the outcome to the election to the doggedness of the Nigerian spirit that couldn't be intimidated or taken for a ride!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Princek12(m): 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2011
bodejohn:

, what all pro GEJ agents forget is that the results of the elections were already in the public domain before the final declearation by the returning officers. There was absolutely nothing the agents of darkness could do about it. There was a guy who wanted to cause trouble in my polling unit, he was scared to his pants when he saw people bringing out their cameras to take his picture, I didn't see his face till the end of the election. The was even a state wide brodcast in Oyo state were the pdp asked all their supporters not to wear any party branded items because they knew the people were prepared to record and take pictures of any incident. I give the outcome to the election to the doggedness of the Nigerian spirit that couldn't be intimidated or taken for a ride!

One problem many Nigerians have, as shown from the comments on this thread, is giving credit to whom it is due. So the results of the June 12 were not in the light when IBB annulled it? When OBJ rigged Yaradua into power, what did Nigerians do? Nothing. Give credit to whom credit is due, and stop feigning ignorance to the fact that GEJ has given us a free and fair elections. You are acting as if Nigerians would have taken to the streets had GEJ rigged the elections. As usual, Nigerians would have cried foul, complained, and gone about their business thereafter. But the status quo--crying foul without taking any concrete steps such as rioting to remove the source of the corruption--would have remained unchanged. This "doggedness of the Nigerian spirit" you claim would have done nothing to subvert GEJ's PDP regime had he rigged the elections in his party's favor.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Dave6: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2011
Which one be all this noise for here; e no go change anything! Presido promised the elections will be free and fair and so was the exercise (phase 1). Kudos to him and all that took part in the whole process. Finish!!!
Which one be all this argument? Nigerians that have resolved to vote for GEJ will only increase by the numbers before Saturday nah! Wetin?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by passyjango(m): 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ chose Jega because then he was still basking in the euphoria of his massive support by Nigerians because of his persecution by Turai (the first unofficial female president of Nigeria) and her cabal. He never would have predicted that by now his popularity would have waned. He was also very weak then and was under pressure from Nigerians and western countries to appoint a candidate that would be perceived as credible. He needed to do this to gain some trust and popularity and it worked for a while. For me, it is God that made things to play out the way they did. If GEJ had more time to settle down before appointing the INEC chairman perhaps we would have been singing a different song by now.

But if he can successfully pull-this-off, history will perhaps judge him well. However, I will still not vote for him because he is a coconut head and a grandmaster of thieves. Leadership position is not a gift to be given out as a reward. It is a position of responsibility and only responsible people should be leaders.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by JimmyBoy1: 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2011
You are wrong things will erupt if you rig election in favour of a Southern candidate at the expense of a nothern candidate, especially where all alumajiris have been told it is there done and that GEJ is trying to rob them.This dynamics was not present in the last 3 election beacause we were all on the same page as regards where the president should come from.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by bodejohn(m): 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
Princek12:

One problem many Nigerians have, as shown from the comments on this thread, is giving credit to whom it is due. So the results of the June 12 were not in the light when IBB annulled it? When OBJ rigged Yaradua into power, what did Nigerians do? Nothing. Give credit to whom credit is due, and stop feigning ignorance to the fact that GEJ has given us a free and fair elections. You are acting as if Nigerians would have taken to the streets had GEJ rigged the elections. As usual, Nigerians would have cried foul, complained, and gone about their business thereafter. But the status quo--crying foul without taking any concrete steps such as rioting to remove the source of the corruption--would have remained unchanged. This "doggedness of the Nigerian spirit" you claim would have done nothing to subvert GEJ's PDP regime had he rigged the elections in his party's favor.

Your justification is petty, GEJ saw the hand writing of the will of the people on the wall from the days of fighting the cabal. Masses' action does not come pre meditated! I am sure you must have participated in students' unrest before, you know how it starts, some singing, one or two addresses and all hell is let loose.You shouldn't be caught predicting what the will of the people can lead to, not neccesarily violence. I know you can still remember that the changes in the arab world started with a single man's protest to injustice.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by BlakkBoi(m): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
@igwe

Choosing a president goes beyond acsertaining the person's level of morality innocense and naivety to the prevailing corruption that has been enthroned by the ruling PDP.

GEJ is not a tecnocrat. Heis becoming a president won't in any way better our economic fortunes. The situation can be likened to vouching for a pastor to be good engineer. There is no correlation whatsoever between sincerity and performance. We need someone with a know how and not some puppet with little or no clue to how to run a nation and position it on the path of socio-economic success.

Don't be deceived guys. I know at this stage it all starts with credible election but don't get too excited and forget that we need someone who can make Nigeria work. Someone who understand the dynamics of a functional economy. The predident is an executive and should not be seen as a ceremonial head.

You can vote who works for you, its your right. But me dey look for person wey sabi wetin he dey do. Its just My small humble opinion rooted in my little observation sir.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Sarahluv(f): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
Well, these agents of darkness were able to rig in 2007, but today, because of the political will of the current leadership, rigging was not the order of the day. GEJ has done well.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 10, 2011
can we really separate gej from pdp. the  americans did not vote Obama, but voted out Bush and His party.
pdp has only brought about pain this past 12years in this country.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by bodejohn(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
Dav.e:

Which one be all this noise for here; e no go change anything! Presido promised the elections will be free and fair and so was the exercise (phase 1). Kudos to him and all that took part in the whole process. Finish!!!
This wouldn't have generated any arguement if people of the luck revolution didn't see it as a feather on the cap of their GEJ
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
i think i love this gej and i agree with the poster
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by gymer(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ all the way by the grace of God
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by mamagee3(f): 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2011
Jonathan has shown nothing yet!

At least, not after being in that office for close to 4 years. . .

The economy is just as stagnant as it was before he assumed office as president.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by hassymo5(m): 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2011
The same GEJ that nairalanders were insulting and rejecting as clueless president, and now all these praises. GOd i thank you for mr president, do the same for JEGA!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Kc3000: 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2011
Nigerians won't give credit where credit is due, yet they claim they want change from the old ways. Truth is, some of you really don't want change. Kudos to Goodluck  Jonathan  for organizing one of the fairest elections we've seen in a long time. In the decadent state of Nigeria, this is not easy to achieve in less than a year in office.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by OmoB4: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2011
I dont understand ow we Nigerians see black and call it white.In about 10 months of Jonathans reign which tangible achievement can he point to?.I challenge him to reel out his manifesto for this country 4 d next 4yrs.All he goes abt doin is makin empty promises.We have always complained dat we have not had an educated man as our president nd now we get one who is a so-called PHD holder and he is fuckin us up.A university graduate is considered as someone who can think on his/her own or better still a man of ideas.No to talk of a PHD holder who lacks ideas.Or if you say he has how can can u x-plain in insisting of seeing questions b4 he could attend the international debate organised by NN24,a debate he finally boy-cotted.And guess where our dear president was embarassedwith Dbanj a schooldropout at koko villa when his counterparts where sweating it out with tough questions under d unbiased moderator that day.If only everybody could watch d debate to see d charisma of Nuhu Ribadu who to me is a better bet to Jonathan.Here is a man dat can point to 25 untainted yrs of service to his fatherland and who falls among d gap btw d youths and aged.Tell me what JONATHAN CAN POINT TO that he has done.I see no future of Nigeria with Jonathan in d  next 4 yrs and I pray Nigerians wise up b4 Saturday.God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by JimmyBoy1: 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2011
What baffles me is that, when everything went awry last week, We all know who came out to take responsibilty and these same sychophants were asking for mother's head. Now he has silenced critics, they suddenly want to ascribe the success to GEJ. What of our corpers that were bombed? What of Nigerians who summoned courage to come out to vote reagardless of whether there will be explosion or not. They braved all odds and waited to count their vote with their cameras ready to capture any flashpoint. Liars.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by nwaghana: 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2011
virgo:

Did I hear some of you say "revolution?".

At this point, we should understand the country we speak of. The idea is interesting because we have an unprecedented freedom as never before. But please with all due respect to my beloved country men, we are too freaking cowardly to have a revolution. Some people refused to come out to vote on Saturday from fear of being sent to early graves and you all think we can have a revolution. LOL!

Please let's all admit it, GEJ with all his faults has allowed us to grow wings. So as we fly, we should have the ability to look at what is truly on ground. Most of the warriors on NL will run away in the face of any drunk gun totting trigger happy policeman. It must be real fun to call for a revolution from the safety of their bedrooms. What a bunch of geniuses!

I think Nigeria’s revolution is best with the ink on the thumb. Nigeria couldn’t have asked for a better form of revolution.

On whether Nigerians are cowardly or not, I wouldn’t agree that Nigerians are cowardly. One might say the Tunisians, Egyptians and Libyans are brave, but where were they when their rulers ruled for 23, 30, 42 years respectively? Nigeria has never tolerated such thing (except under OBJ and his dictatorial tendency). Humans are unpredictable and groups are even more dynamically unpredictable. About 16 months ago CNN and BBC carried the news on Christmas day that a Nigerian s.u.i.c.i.d.e b.o.m.ber nearly blew up an aircraft, most people doubted if he was a Nigerian; reason being that Nigerians love their lives. Today, more idiots are making b.o.mb a regular story in Nigeria, even on Independence Day, electioneering campaigns and election days. One can only argue than Nigerians are not united enough to revolt for one cause, but things are changing, people are still ignorant, but more people are beginning to be less ignorant by looking beyond ethnicity
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2011
let him get ur vote,he will never get mine.
voting for him will be like voting for air,
he will not change,only pretend that he might but wont.
i cant think i can bear another four years of 48 hours darkness,armed robbers,umemplyment,corrupt policemen,devalued naira,no healthcare,no security.
i cant throw my vote to luck or chance becuase i am not a kalo kalo player.
even if buhari wont win,i will still vote in defiance, because if a thing walks like a duck,talks like a duck acts like a duck it is a duck
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 10, 2011
So if I promise Nigerians light, and I bring them light, does that mean I can be trusted too? As far as I'm concerned, Nigerians should have had stable light, stable government, free and fair elections. . . . THE LIST GOES ON. . . . since 19 kiridim. I'll cast my vote for my granny because she's trustworthy too sha. In fact, more trustworthy than GEJ, because she promised me egusi soup by 2pm and she had it ready by 12:45.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by JimmyBoy1: 11:58pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ogugua88 nice stuff, I wish I still have a granny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba / 55 People Stole N1.34tr – Lai Mohammed / Checkout Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message To Nigerians(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.