Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? (12519 Views)

Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Ben Bruce: Buhari Showing Signs Of Helplessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by dayokanu(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2011
If they came out to support Buhari, you will be one of the knuckleheads here screaming Igbo thiis and that.
[size=18pt]Just tell me why any Igbo would support a coup plotter?[/size] even though some ppl in the SE voted for him.
If Buhari looses this election, deal with it or better still write it on your door that Igbos are the most ethnically bigoted group in Nigeria if it will make you happy.

OBJ was a coup plotter and Igbos supported him en masse
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Beaf: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Acn won all NASS assembly elections in SW yet you are still arguing that jonathan won SW region without any form of agreement ? Fyi,only osun state did not agree to the deal and that is the only state Acn won in ! Use your head,please.

Lol! These internet warriors sef! GEJ won in Osun, forget about the false rumour started by Osun Defender. That news agency doesn't even know the time of day anyway and is always talking rubbish grin, I prefer The Nation for a SW flavour anyday.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! These internet warriors sef! GEJ won in Osun, forget about the false rumour started by Osun Defender. That news agency doesn't even know the time of day anyway and is always talking rubbish grin, I prefer The Nation for a SW flavour anyday.
So what 's in it for the SW ? Political reform,vice president slot,senate president,5 ministerial position icluding finance,petroleum and works ! grin grin afterall we don deliver !
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 11:22am On Apr 17, 2011
Hopefully GEJ would help us lock Tinubu away.

His hold on the SW is stifling.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 17, 2011
cantell:

Cargo! You need a brain surgery for making that careless comment.So he made a deal with Acn and then they convinced their people to vote for him in 48hrs? Go and sit down!

Oya. . .you are one of the directionless voters.the foot soldier voters take instructions even while on the field from the commanders.
It's just a matter of telling the ward and unit chairman,party leaders and agents on who to thumbprint for and the Acn can also leave the pdp to do whatever they like which they would have challenge in a competitive election between them.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by jason123: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
LOL@Londoner!!! grin grin cheesy
You sabi them well well.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Sagamite(m): 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

^^^^

You sound just like Sagamoron!

Are you his twin brother?

So much bile form someone who may one day become a politician in Nigeria? Tone it down mate!

Cretin!

Is that how you spell at your community college? grin
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by olabukola: 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
Sagamite:

Cretin!

Is that how you spell at your community college? grin
You mean Princeton Medical College grin cheesy$?

Its typo anyway.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by gernded(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
WITH SOUTHERN NIGERIAN AND THE MIDDLE BELT NORTH DON FINISH OHH I AM VERY PROUD OF NIGERIA AND SOUTHERN PEOPLE.

NORTH HAVE BEEN VOTING ETHNICITY AND RELIGION LINE NOW THE SOUTH HAVE STARTED LETS WATCH AND SEE .
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by ak47mann(m): 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2011
poster
lleke-idi tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
your eyes is so nice you look fucking hot,nice one girl.
eemmmmh but i want to know you better tongue tongue
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI
Ekiti A Gbe A O!

Clear up the air for me a bit.

Why did the alliance truly fail gan sef?

From what I got, ACN was willing to suggest an ILLEGAL takeover so they could insert their way into the PRESIDENTIAL SLOT somehow. I say ILLEGAL because

a) The lateness of the deal made it near impossible for Bakare to step down for any other replacement

b) ACN's suggestion that Bakare Step down after being sworn in was not only illegal, 419-ish, but also UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Considering the many chances ACN had to work this out, for them to last minute still demand such nonsense speaks volumes of the ACN character( or at least that of the leaders who were involved in the negotiations). Why didn't they simply suggest instead they get some ministerial seats? Why did it have to be the presidential seats or burst? Why?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

From what I got, ACN was willing to suggest an ILLEGAL takeover so they could insert their way into the PRESIDENTIAL SLOT somehow. I say ILLEGAL because

a) The lateness of the deal made it near impossible for Bakare to step down for any other replacement

b) ACN's suggestion that Bakare Step down after being sworn in was not only illegal, 419-ish, but also UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Considering the many chances ACN had to work this out, for them to last minute still demand such nonsense speaks volumes of the ACN character( or at least that of the leaders who were involved in the negotiations). Why didn't they simply suggest instead they get some ministerial seats? Why did it have to be the presidential seats or[b] burst[/b]? Why?

WTF Bust or Burst?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by olabukola: 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Considering the many chances ACN had to work this out, for them to last minute still demand such nonsense speaks volumes of the ACN character( or at least that of the leaders who were involved in the negotiations). Why didn't they simply suggest instead they get some ministerial seats? Why did it have to be the presidential seats or burst? Why?
When i tell people that PDP,CPC,ACN are the same they think am going mad.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
olabukola:

When i tell people that PDP,CPC,ACN are the same they think am going mad.

That aside, I blame Ribadu for the breakdown this time around. He is the lawyer in the group I am aware of, and he should have known better than allow the numskulls taint his image in such a way.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by olabukola: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

That aside, I blame Ribadu for the breakdown this time around. He is the lawyer in the group I am aware of, and he should have known better than allow the numskulls taint his image in such a way.
Are you sure he is in the know when all these are going on. Moreover why must you keep aside the truth. You see all of you are the same with pdp,cpc,acn and whatever. Nigeria is fcked.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
olabukola:

Are you sure he is in the know when all these are going on. Moreover why must you keep aside the truth. You see all of you are the same with pdp,cpc,acn and whatever. Nigeria is fcked.

He is a LAWYER . . . it was his SEAT that was being traded. How would he not know what was to go down? This is bad for his image . . . at least among those of us who already wondered why he stooped low as to align with Tinubu. Now this??

I try to address the individuals in within the groups as I am aware that these parties are made up of individuals and this is usually my best way of making certain I am fair in this. I judged Jonathan the same . . not by PDP Record, but by his own record which is clearly worse than that of PDP achievement-wise. At the end of the day, even when people say they vote personalities, it still does not make sense on the most part!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Remii(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

such outcome should be expected in a negotiation or plea bargain or alliance, it is a matter of give and take. so many things go on that are not expressly constitutional, zoning for instance, but they exist for necessity and to carry all along, no union exist without some form of give and take.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by udezue(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2011
Lol u Yoruba of NL are funny. The same ppl that were raining curses on other Southerners like the Igbo and minorities are now the desperately seeking credit coz they see like GEJ victory. Very typical of em. They dance to any tune. If buhari was the likely winner they will attribute to some superior Yoruba understanding of politics and lack of tribalism after all Buhari is core-Hausa-Fulani. So now Yoruba and Hausa are related bcoz of Islam? The last time I checked GEJ is Xtian and more than half of our Yoruba ppl are also Xtian so I guess Yoruba and Ijaw are also related. Sorry but u gets no credit. If the Igbo from SE and SS chose to go for Buhari, Jonathan wouldn't have chance or there will be a run-off.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kilode1: 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
PDP NEC (A.K.A The PDP family)

President Goodluck Jonathan
Vice President Mohammed Namadi Sambo
Senate President David Mark
Speaker Dimeji Bankole
Dr. Alex Ekwueme
Alhaji Ibrahim Mantu
Chief Barnabas Gemade
Dr. Ahmadu Ali,
Prince Vincent Eze Ogbulafor
Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia
Chief Tony Anenih.
Chief Ebenezer Babatope
Professor Jerry Gana
Adamu Hassan,
Senator Walid Jibrin,
Senator Stella Omu,
MajGen Mohammadu Magoro (Rtd),
Sen. Abubakar Sodangi
Shuaibu Oyedokun,
Nana Aisha Kadiri
Yekini Adeojo
Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu,
Kassim Ibrahim Imam
Gov Emmanuel Uduaghan
Gov  Babangida Aliyu,
GovChristopher Alao-Akala,
Gov Isa Yuguda
Gov Godswill Akpabio,
Gov Rotimi  Amaechi,
Gov Liyel Imoke,
Gov Sullivan Chime.
Gov Bukola Saraki
Gov Saidu Dakingari
Gov Ibrahim Shema
Gov Danjuma Goje
Gov Segun Oni,
Gov Timipre Sylva,
Gov Olagunsoye Oyinlola,
Gov Aliyu Shinkafi,
Gov Gbenga Daniel,
Gov Martin Elechi.
Gov  Sule Lamido,
Gov Akwe Doma,
Gov Murtala Nyako,
Dep Gov Ramallan Yero
Dep Gov Paullen Tallen
Hajia Hauwa Kida
Mrs Christy Silas,
Hajia Rabi Murktar Mohammed
Senator Nicholas Ugbane,
Senator Osita Izunaso,
Senator Lee Maeba,
Garba Matazu,
Farouk Lawal,
Ataii Idoko
Olusegun Obasanjo
Chief Ojo Maduekwe

*Ibrahim Babangida (in denial)
*Atiku Abubakar (in denial)
*Adamu Ciroma(give him a few months he'll be back)

and more . . .

My "I voted for the candidate not the party" friends, don't forget those names.

I will post an updated list later. Just fuel ya Generators grin
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
udezue:

Lol u Yoruba of NL are funny. The same ppl that were raining curses on other Southerners like the Igbo and minorities are now the desperately seeking credit coz they see like GEJ victory. Very typical of em. They dance to any tune. If buhari was the likely winner they will attribute to some superior Yoruba understanding of politics and lack of tribalism after all Buhari is core-Hausa-Fulani. So now Yoruba and Hausa are related bcoz of Islam? The last time I checked GEJ is Xtian and more than half of our Yoruba ppl are also Xtian so I guess Yoruba and Ijaw are also related. Sorry but u gets no credit. If the Igbo from SE and SS chose to go for Buhari, Jonathan wouldn't have chance or there will be a run-off.

what are you talking about religion had nothing to do with SW voting for GEJ nor them voting for buhari.

you are just an idiooot not really surprised. SE was not going to vote buhar cause they had nothing to gain from buhari thats clear!

so SE had no choice.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
Remii:

such outcome should be expected in a negotiation or plea bargain or alliance, it is a matter of give and take. so many things go on that are not expressly constitutional, zoning for instance, but they exist for necessity and to carry all along, no union exist without some form of give and take.

I don't think you can make excuses for this one here --- sorry.  Both sides should have known that time was running out on them. For these demands to be presented only a couple of days to election speaks volumes of the sort of leaders on the side that proposed it. INEC I am 99% certain would have frowned upon the idea of a step down of a VP candidate, without a complete annulment of the candidacy to begin with, so why suggest what you know is near against the rules? Worse, the claimed post-dated letter even makes this worse for the ACN side of this -- are they unaware of the stipulations for replacement of a VP as detailed in the constitution?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2011
tho those that voted all over the SW voted for GEJ its not really a big deal.

he won by default no one was going to vote for ribadu or bb massively.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by EkoIle1: 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ Ileke-IdI

I don't have facts to base my concern on, all I'm saying is this whole one sided PDP victory even in critical ACN strongholds sounds more than fishy. I'm not saying SW folks can not or didn't vote for the PDP, it's just that they are not all that for the PDP and I don't see them voting massively to kick them out today and flipped massively  the next day to keep them in power.

It just doesn't add up.

On top of that, the ACN is acting so unconcerned as if nothing happened.

Till now, we don't know what GEJ discussed with the ACN when he flew to Lagos days before the election and the ACN/Tinubu is not sharing that info with anybody.

My personal theory is "To kill the CPC in Lagos and the SW" because we all know the SW was the battle ground and deciding factor. GEJ was out the door without absolute victory in Lagos/SW. GEJ knew this and he reached out to the ACN to prevent that outcome.

You don't even have to buy my concern or theory, I'm 1000% sure the PDP's huge SW numbers mafifested from GEJ and ACN's emergency meeting days befor the election.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
99% of votes in a SE state went to PDP. shocked
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

tho those that voted all over the SW voted for GEJ its not really a big deal.

he won by default no one was going to vote for ribadu or bb massively.

We werent so sure of that before yest.

Its not by any default, abeg.

Kobojunkie:

Considering the many chances ACN had to work this out, for them to last minute still demand such nonsense speaks volumes of the ACN character( or at least that of the leaders who were involved in the negotiations).  Why didn't they simply suggest instead they get some ministerial seats? Why did it have to be the presidential seats or burst? Why?

Thanks jare. Because I didnt get that one that bluetooth was yarning about lol

Ah ahnnnn, that is foul and illegal. Why would they want Bakare to step down? Why did they want that presidential seat so bad?  

Are you sure that was the reason? From what I heard, the suggested plan was for Buhari to step down for Ribadu so that most of Buhari's voters will transfer to Ribadu. I did not know that it reached that level o.  
And surprisingly, even when it's unconstitutional as you said), Nigerians on NL were still clamoring for this "step down"? They will never learn.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by paddylo1(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
Official Nigerian Presidential Election Results

BAYELSA:
PDP 504 811

CPC 691

BENUE
PDP 658, 472

CPC 102171

ANAMBRA:
PDP 1, 145, 169

CPC 4, 223

KATSINA:
PDP 424, 587
CPC 1, 154, 000

KEBBI:
PDP 369, 198
CPC 501, 453

ABIA:
PDP 1, 175, 984

CPC 3, 743

EDO:
PDP 542, 173

CPC, 17, 795

JIGAWA:
PDP 414,000
CPC 663,063

KADUNA:
PDP 1, 190, 179
CPC 1, 334, 244

DELTA:
PDP 1, 368, 851

CPC 8, 960

EBONYI:
PDP 480, 592

CPC 1,025

ENUGU:
PDP 802, 144

CPC 3,753

FCT:
PDP 253, 444

CPC 131, 576

LAGOS:
PDP 1, 281, 688

CPC 189, 983

OYO:
PDP 484, 758

CPC 92, 396

RIVERS:
PDP 1, 817, 762

CPC 13, 182

KANO:
PDP 440, 656
CPC 1, 624, 543

SOKOTO:
PDP 309,057
CPC 540,769

KWARA:
PDP 268, 243
CPC 83, 603

ONDO:
PDP: 387,376

CPC: 11, 890

OGUN:
PDP: 309,177

CPC: 17,654

OSUN:
PDP: 188,409
CPC: 6,997

KOGI:
PDP: 399, 816

CPC: 132, 201

BAUCHI:
PDP 250, 840
CPC 1, 315, 205

AKWA IBOM:
PDP 1, 165, 629

CPC 148

*Muhammadu Buhari records huge wins in Sokoto, Kebbi, Borno, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi, Kaduna, Niger and Jigawa.

[size=13pt]*Goodluck Jonathan records wins in the entire SE, SS, South West minus Osun, which went to ACN, FCT Abuja, Adamawa, Benue, Plateau, Kogi, Taraba and Kwara.
http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/8251-THEWILL-Presidential-Election-Room-With-Live-Result-Update.html

[/size]
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Thanks jare. Because I didnt get that one that bluetooth was yarning about lol

Ah ahnnnn, that is foul and illegal. Why would they want Bakare to step down? Why did they want that presidential seat so bad?  

Are you sure that was the reason? From what I heard, the suggested plan was for Buhari to step down for Ribadu so that most of Buhari's voters will transfer to Ribadu. I did not know that it reached that level o.  
And surprisingly, even when it's unconstitutional as you said), Nigerians on NL were still clamoring for this "step down"? They will never learn.

Read nothing of ACN requesting Buhari step down instead. I believe ACN was willing to sacrifice Ribadu,and Ribadu himself was willing to go with it, only instead of requesting seats on the FEC, should Buhari win, they instead requested Bakare step down, which would have happened easily, if not for the timing of this. According to reports, Bakare himself was willing to step down, but was unwilling to do so illegally.

ACN's suggestions, going by those reports was not only illegal and unconstitutional but serious bad judgement on their part.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by favouredjb(f): 3:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
ILEKE IDI u made a very good point,i am so proud of my people

the support we gave goodluck is overwhelming
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Read nothing of ACN requesting Buhari step down instead. I believe ACN was willing to sacrifice Ribadu,and Ribadu himself was willing to go with it, only instead of requesting seats on the FEC, should Buhari win, they instead requested Bakare step down, which would have happened easily, if not for the time of this. According to reports, Bakare himself was willing to step down, but was unwilling to do so illegally.

^^^^ DONT MIND ILEKE IDI she dont kno shiot

Ileke-IdI:

nonsense
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

@ Ileke-IdI

I don't have facts to base my concern on, all I'm saying is this whole one sided PDP victory even in critical ACN strongholds sounds more than fishy. I'm not saying SW folks can not or didn't vote for the PDP, it's just that they are not all that for the PDP and I don't see them voting massively to kick them out today and flipped massively  the next day to keep them in power.

It just doesn't add up.

On top of that, the ACN is acting so unconcerned as if nothing happened.

Till now, we don't know what GEJ discussed with the ACN when he flew to Lagos days before the election and the ACN/Tinubu is not sharing that info with anybody.

My personal theory is "To kill the CPC in Lagos and the SW" because we all know the SW was the battle ground and deciding factor. GEJ was out the door without absolute victory in Lagos/SW. GEJ knew this and he reached out to the ACN to prevent that outcome.

You don't even have to buy my concern or theory, I'm 1000% sure the PDP's huge SW numbers mafifested from GEJ and ACN's emergency meeting days befor the election.

This is a very interesting evaluation, which needs be delve more into.

Usually by now, some state would have called for a recount because of rigging. . . . why hasn't that happened yet?

Yea, we need to know what really happened between the plane flight and yest.

Without further story, I'm still believing that my people are learning to vote individualistic, not party.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by soloqy: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
There are some names on this thread that are always raising issues of tribe. Thats so boring.

How myopic can these people get(you know yourselves).
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by aybim: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
without the yoruba GEJ will have no where to go , all the yoruba here vote Gej they just prefer him to other HAUSA,,, because of his humbleness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Operation Crocodile Smile II In Niger Delta Begins Friday / Katsina Communities Deserted As Bandits Kidnap Women, Children / Katsina Police Kill Terrorists, Rescue 21 Kidnap Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.