Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? (27553 Views)

Can A Girl Still Cheat Few Days To Her Wedding / Can A Man Love His Woman Dearly And Still Cheat On Her? / One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 11, 2021
Masterkernel1:

I'm not planning such, God has transformed me. I will live faithful through to my marriage vow.

But I won't judge others, but rather pray for them. Mine journey is purely Grace.

The Bible says you should be fruitful and multiply
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by judedwriter(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2021
Rozcol:
Cheating does not exist in an unGodly boyfriend and girlfriend relationship, it only exist in marriage. Boyfriend/girlfriend is just an avenue for fornication and no one has the right to claim he or she is been cheated on.Cheating start to exist the moment marriage is Introduced.shikeenan

Dating is a scam and just an opportunity to have sex under the pretext of boyfriend/girlfriend.

When a man truly loves his wife, he will never cheat on her and vice versa.

But it takes the extra and special grace of God to be maritally faithful as these days are full of temptations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by smokeyupu(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2021
WHY NOT?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 11, 2021
Sterope:
Were you a woman in your previous lifetime? grin

Statistics from Patriachal conservative Societies and Progressive western societies has exposed women's nature the difference is clear

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by TheRealestGuy(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2021
DEMZEE:

First of all, men and women are fundamentally not equal. Men lead, women follow. Now asking a lady to marry u doesn't mean she's the prize.

In a relationship(marriage) there's no partnership, we have the dominant gender (man) and the submissive gender (woman).

If she isn't a prize to be won, why do you want her exclusively to yourself?

Just answer the question, skip all the fundamentally not equal thing.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Masterkernel1: 3:55pm On May 11, 2021
JESHAL:

The Bible says you should be fruitful and multiply

I'm work in progress. I'm trusting God for more grace as we journey on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by bepositive11: 3:56pm On May 11, 2021
DEMZEE:

Firstly understand that men and women are fundamentally not equal. Men must become, women just are. Men must create their value, women are born with value ie their sexuality is their value. Women are sexual objects and men are success objects.

There's nothing like a high value woman. Women are hypergamous and wud never date or marry down. They don't see equality, they only see weak and strong men. They are the sexual mating selectors, men are the commitment and relationship selectors.

F*ck off!!! Women are not sexual objects!!! Is your mom a sexual object? Is your daughter a sexual object? Is your sister a sexual object? I pity the women in your life!

Women are human beings. Women have emotions. No human being deserves to be treated as a sexual object! A sex doll is a sexual object

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by DEMZEE(m): 3:56pm On May 11, 2021
TheRealestGuy:

Because women show love through fidelity that's why no man wanna wife up a hoe.

She's not the prize because women are the sexual selectors and men are the relationship selectors.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by DEMZEE(m): 3:57pm On May 11, 2021
bepositive11:

F*ck off!!! Women are not sexual objects!!! Is your mom a sexual object? Is your daughter a sexual object? Is your sister a sexual object? I pity the women in your life!

Women are human beings. Women have emotions. No human being deserves to be treated as a sexual object! A sex doll is a sexual object

All women are sexual objects including my mom, sisters and wives.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 11, 2021
TheRealestGuy:

Historical data from civilizations throughout allowed polygamy because Men were the prize and have always been the prize but mordern gynocentrism especially in western societies and also christian monogamous conservativism want to change these natural fact

Men can reproduce as many times as possible in a year

Women can only reproduce once in a year

Men have to earn value to become sexually attractive

Women have to preserve their value to stay sexually attractive

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 11, 2021
bepositive11:

Men are for production
Women are for reproduction

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Kccheechy(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2021
Imagine a woman claiming to love you, decieved you for over 4yrs that she was a virgin. Only for you to find out later that she wasn't a virgin and she has also cheated on you once.. What would you do?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by mercy87(f): 4:13pm On May 11, 2021
Disgusting selfish dogs.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Princeton92(m): 4:14pm On May 11, 2021
Yes oo.... Possiblity deu
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by LordReed(m): 4:17pm On May 11, 2021
JESHAL:

Men are for production
Women are for reproduction

No surprise here, expect nothing less from a misogynist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 11, 2021
LordReed:

Men are success objects
Women are sexual objects

Men are logical
Women are Emotional

Men are risk takers
Women are risk adverse

Men are analytical
Women are intuitive

Men are leaders
Women are followers

Biological proven facts from statistical analysis
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 11, 2021
LordReed:

I can send you citations to show evidence of my quotes, Egalitarianistic-Equalism ideology doesn't adhere to Biological realities, look at the gender equality paradox the most Egalitarian societies scandanavian countries like Finland Norway Iceland are facing as gender differences have widened

Don't use ad hominem attacks on me , make your objective case to invalidate my points
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 11, 2021
iRepNaija1:

Of course, you can. People do all sorts of terrible things to the people they love. But the issue is that people and this topic are focusing on love when that is not the problem. Cheating stems from a lack of respect and regard for your partner and the relationship.

Generally speaking, women are encouraged to forgive because Nigerian society expects women to stay in a relationship/marriage no matter what. Men, on the other hand, are not given that same expectation but are permitted to leave or "send the woman back to her father's house." Most will deny it but this is the way they reason.

Edit: I wanted to expand. Love is the feeling. Respect is the rule, meaning that when one enters into a relationship with another, they are agreeing to the rule: to be faithful and forsake others for that person. When one chooses to cheat, they are breaking that rule and therefore demonstrating their lack of respect for their significant other.

Some of the excuses the men are making for cheating should clearly show you their lack of accountability on this topic, OP.
The emboldened part is not true. Just an assertion made by woke people.
There are many factors why women might choose(yes, out of their own volition) in such marriages and societal expectations does not top it.
One major reason is financial dependence, another is because it's not always easy for divorced women to get married especially if said women are older (this proves to be consistent in all societies, even the wokest. It's just one of those differences that readily exist between gender). This doesn't make it alright though, but it is what it is.
Secondly, judging the Nigerian society based on a few comments online makes one fall into the fallacy of generalisation. It's like if I spent all my time on twitter and conclude all Nigerian women are toxic feminist which is surely not true.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by knowhowk: 4:35pm On May 11, 2021
Draslo:
For most couples, infidelity marks the end of the relationship. I have noticed that it's easier for women to forgive an unfaithful partner than for men to do the same. As a matter of fact, men who do are considered weaklings while women are encouraged to forgive.

Now to the main issue, does having sex with someone other than your current partner mean you love them less? Less discuss, maturely like adults, please.
. Love means caring for someone ,not engaging in something that would gets another person Hurts or Sad .But in real Sense of Love that Exist between Wife and Husband these Days ,Full Practise of Love does not exist anymore .Are you saying you expect a Man to keep eating rice in the morning , Afternoon and night for the rest of His Life ,No matter what you use the Rice to Prepare ,Fried rice ,Jolof rice , Coconut rice ,Tuwo rice etc ,Rice taste still stands .Man go say Abeg I want Yam ,I want Beans ,I need to eat Bread and Egg etc .Body Nature ,desires in reality does not completely agrees with 100% Teneth of Love ... Whichever u look at it .that is the reality .So many ladies are getting old without a Man Because there are still looking for a Man that would only have Sex with them ,A Man that they call totally call there own without Sleeping with another woman be it Olosho or Runs girl .I bet Dem go wait tire .I know of a wife who said she Do put Condom inside her hubby bag because she knows the guy they Yansh outside Wella but the guy never picks call of woman in her presence ,he does not bring Dem home ,He takes care of her and does not sleep over nite outside .At the end of the day this woman say SHe loves her man and her man love her So abeg ,Me I wan stop here Joor before Dem Pastor and Oversabi go descend on me .
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Alexaonfleek: 4:37pm On May 11, 2021
DEMZEE:

[s][/s]Firstly understand that men and women are fundamentally not equal. Men must become, women just are. Men must create their value, women are born with value ie their sexuality is their value. Women are sexual objects and men are success objects.

There's nothing like a high value woman. Women are hypergamous and wud never date or marry down. They don't see equality, they only see weak and strong men. They are the sexual mating selectors, men are the commitment and relationship selectors[s][/s].

Some people just open mouth waaaaa

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 11, 2021
iRepNaija1:

Of course, you can. People do all sorts of terrible things to the people they love. But the issue is that people and this topic are focusing on love when that is not the problem. Cheating stems from a lack of respect and regard for your partner and the relationship.

Generally speaking, women are encouraged to forgive because Nigerian society expects women to stay in a relationship/marriage no matter what. Men, on the other hand, are not given that same expectation but are permitted to leave or "send the woman back to her father's house." Most will deny it but this is the way they reason.

Edit: I wanted to expand. Love is the feeling. Respect is the rule, meaning that when one enters into a relationship with another, they are agreeing to the rule: to be faithful and forsake others for that person. When one chooses to cheat, they are breaking that rule and therefore demonstrating their lack of respect for their significant other.

Some of the excuses the men are making for cheating should clearly show you their lack of accountability on this topic, OP.

That's why western societies are gynocentric and women dominate their culture and Africa is Patriachal and men dominate the Culture

Men don't cheat
We just have sex

Women cheat

Men must become and gain socio-economic status to get sexual abundance

Women just exist and have sexual abundance

Don't use the same metric to make your judgement on both genders , you're not been objective
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by DEMZEE(m): 4:39pm On May 11, 2021
Alexaonfleek:
Some people just open mouth waaaaa

Lolzzzzz

Facts don't care about ur feelings tho

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by MT: 4:44pm On May 11, 2021
Yes. Loving someone does not stop you from having a sexual attraction to the opposite sex. The person you care for, that is the person you love. The person you cheat on, that is the person you lust after. Loving someone does not "kill" the lust in you.

I am not encouraging cheating, I only analysed the case study you presented here.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Alexaonfleek: 4:55pm On May 11, 2021
DEMZEE:

Lolzzzzz

Facts don't care about ur feelings tho
Nothing factual in the gibberish you typed

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Kobicove(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2021
JESHAL:

I can send you citations to show evidence of my quotes, Egalitarianistic-Equalism ideology doesn't adhere to Biological realities, look at the gender equality paradox the most Egalitarian societies scandanavian countries like Finland Norway Iceland are facing as gender differences have widened

Don't use ad hominem attacks on me , make your objective case to invalidate my points

Are you here to engage in a simple debate or lecture us on sociology?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 11, 2021
Kobicove:

Are you here to engage in a simple debate or lecture us on sociology?

Not lecturing but just stating empirical evidence of Biological differences between men and women, don't be offended if my points are not brief and concise
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 11, 2021
Alexaonfleek:
Nothing factual in the gibberish you typed

His message was spot on
Factual correctness doesn't adhere to political correctness
Social construct doesn't adhere to reality
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Misterone: 5:07pm On May 11, 2021
Draslo:
For most couples, infidelity marks the end of the relationship. I have noticed that it's easier for women to forgive an unfaithful partner than for men to do the same. As a matter of fact, men who do are considered weaklings while women are encouraged to forgive.

Now to the main issue, does having sex with someone other than your current partner mean you love them less? Less discuss, maturely like adults, please.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Philipsdael(m): 5:12pm On May 11, 2021
Men are dominant beings ...
That's why it hurts to the marrow when our 2nd in command spread legs outside to be banged by another conqueror.

It's a man's world �.
men and women can have sex and still love their spouse.
Just the ego in men that makes female cheating a humongous taboo.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Lekq2: 5:17pm On May 11, 2021
Yeah
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by Octobertwentysix(f): 5:18pm On May 11, 2021
JESHAL:

Men are success objects
Women are sexual objects

Men are logical
Women are Emotional

Men are risk takers
Women are risk adverse

Men are analytical
Women are intuitive

Men are leaders
Women are followers

Biological proven facts from statistical analysis
I had never wanted to dignify you with a response, you may think you are making sense but obviously you are just a young chap sitting in the comfort of his father's house with a small itel phone, typing all these rubbish all over the thread, you think you are knowledgeable but no you are not. You still need a lot of growing up to do. Please go and read for your upcoming SSCE and JAMB and let adults do the talking here.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? by iRepNaija1: 5:27pm On May 11, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

That's why western societies are gynocentric and women dominate their culture and Africa is Patriachal and men dominate the Culture

Men don't cheat
We just have sex

Women cheat

Men must become and gain socio-economic status to get sexual abundance

Women just exist and have sexual abundance

Don't use the same metric to make your judgement on both genders , you're not been objective

And you think you're objective? You're just using pseudo-science to justify some men and their terrible behavior. I already gave the reason (it was clearly bolded) and my reason had nothing to do with gender. You clearly can't read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Girl That Refused To Date You Several Years Ago? / "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today / Should I Tell His Wife That He Is Having An Affair With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.