Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry (29181 Views)

My Girlfriend Mum Is Currently Looking For Me With Police, I'm On The Run! Help / My Mum Is Against My Relationship / Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by BabaOfLagos: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
You're still a SIMP.

Search and join IAJ ONLINE on telegram, go learn to man up!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by CondemnBattery(f): 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
So your mum just profile how many tribes? The real definition of bigotry
Blaze14k:
I would like to use this opportunity to seek guidance based on the issue I have on ground. I believe it's igbos especially elderly person who is in a better position to give me a reasonable explanation. I told my mum my girlfriend is from ohafia, abia state and she instantly told me I can't get married to her. Her reason is because people from ohafia, arochukwu, izombe, and few other places in abia state are regarded as OSU. I complained to other members of my family but they also rejected her.

I have made some research personally and found out people from other part of igboland marry from those places. Now my question is why are they strongly rejecting her cos it doesn't make sense to call everybody from different local government in abia state OSU.

I've made more research on the girls family and found out they are king makers and her father belongs to eze's cabinet.

Her father and mine are no longer alive. They both have a traditional title and belong to eze's cabinet too. Please I need your advice cos I really want marry this girl. I also know that people encounter alot of difficulties when they want to get married. So I need a clarification from someone who has extensive knowledge on igbo tradition. Thank you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by bluefilm: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:
I would like to use this opportunity to seek guidance based on the issue I have on ground. I believe it's igbos especially elderly person who is in a better position to give me a reasonable explanation. I told my mum my girlfriend is from ohafia, abia state and she instantly told me I can't get married to her. Her reason is because people from ohafia, arochukwu, izombe, and few other places in abia state are regarded as OSU. I complained to other members of my family but they also rejected her.

I have made some research personally and found out people from other part of igboland marry from those places. Now my question is why are they strongly rejecting her cos it doesn't make sense to call everybody from different local government in abia state OSU.

I've made more research on the girls family and found out they are king makers and her father belongs to eze's cabinet.

Her father and mine are no longer alive. They both have a traditional title and belong to eze's cabinet too. Please I need your advice cos I really want marry this girl. I also know that people encounter alot of difficulties when they want to get married. So I need a clarification from someone who has extensive knowledge on igbo tradition. Thank you

Are you sure your mom is not stylishly dodging the high price issue of a thing under the guise of OSU?
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Lexusgs430: 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

When I wanted to get married, my mother kicked against my choice.......... I went ahead and married my choice (regardless).........

It's my wedding/marriage, my funds, my choice and my life......... 😜🤣

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by lomprico(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

This is 2023 for Pete's sake, what the hell is OSU? If you like don't marry the girl you love because of some archaic belief.
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by godwinstringed1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lol all these ordinances from your mum wouldn't happen if you're rich.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by lomprico(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

When I wanted to get married, my mother kicked against my choice.......... I went ahead and married my choice (regardless).........

It's my wedding/marriage, my funds and my life.........

...and your gaddam happiness! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Ifylee515: 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
Izombe is not Abia state ,it's actually in Oguta LGA imo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by lomprico(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
godwinstringed1:
Lol all these ordinances from your mum wouldn't happen if you're rich.

I swear or if the girl is from a wealthy family
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by ednut1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
Do court wedding. Give am belle. Your mother will be alright. Imagine nonsense osu talks. But if you brought home an African American woman who is clearly a descendant of slavery will they object The generation of Nigerians with useless beliefs need to died off asap

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Lexusgs430: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
lomprico:

...and your gaddam happiness! smiley

Absolutely....... Almost 30 years after, still rocking it together....... 😁

That mother would eventually engage reverse gear....... 😜

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by 1Sharon(f): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
talented321:
Your mama and the elders see more than u see'' you are in love why they are not'' you want to please ur girl why they are not''
Don't play with it whenever ur parents bring up issues like this'' many of them are talking from experience''

Which stupid experience?

So you actually believe people that are OSU exist??
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Memyselfu2009(m): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
Marriage na for you and madam.

Your mum would not be in the picture later

Marry who you love
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Badgers14: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

Did you or your elders did a research about this girls background to determine if she is osu or did your people assume she is one based on her LGA??

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Angelfrost(m): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
Osu Caste system in this day and age??! Dear Lawd! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by toprealman: 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

Your mum most likely watch too much Nollywood, Awka production, in addition to feeding on social media junk.
How can an entire village be osu? Do you really understand the meaning of Osu?
Talking about osu, how backwards can one be when most villages have liberated themselves from such social anathema.
Ohafia, Abriba and Arochukwu cultures are very deep. If you are associated with them one way or the other, na man you be! Something to be proud of.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by yesloaded: 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
azraeljaheel:
Before I write anything ... Can anyone help me with the meaning of OSU

Outcast
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by yesloaded: 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
toprealman:

Your mum most like watch too much Nollywood Awka production in addition to feeding on social media junk.
How can an entire village be osu?
Talking about osu, how backwards can one be when most villages have liberated themselves from such social anathema.

grin

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Teymanhenry(f): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2023
If you have done your research about her and her family and found no fault in her and you love and see her as the right companion for you, go ahead and marry her. No one is perfect and it is your life not your mums. I think it's high time parents stop being control freaks and allow their children be.
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by 1Sharon(f): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2023
Macphenson:
The Osu caste system is very strong in Igbo land no matter how civilization and Christianity tries to gas light it.

My candid advice, send some well respected elders from your village to go on an annonymous and discrete inquiry to the girl's village to make their findings.

If their findings reveal she is not an OSU, let them tell the entire UMUNNA of it and you can go ahead and marry her, but if she is, the Lord is your strength as you are OYO.

So you believe in OSU??

And this is supposed to be the most intelligent tribe in Africa !!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by yesloaded: 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

This is 21st century and OSU thingy is outdated irrelevant thingy

You can ask your mum why these people becomes an OSU

Reasons like giving birth to twins, someone forefathers committing crime even little crimes, slaves etc are the reason to cast out some people and lebelled them an OSU

If your gf has everything that you need in a woman, don't part ways with her instead seek for peace with your family and let them reason with you

I wish you the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Teymanhenry(f): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
I recall my dad rejecting my sister's fiancee because he is from Anambra state and we are from Nasarawa State. He said those people don't treat their wives with respect 😆. My kid sis went ahead to marry him and they are very happy together.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Biglittlelois(f): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
So they stil practice this Osu thing in this 21st century? Smh.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
If your mum does not support a marriage, the most prudent thing is to let go of it. Someone else will come along.

An only suggestion is if the Lord almighty specifically ask you to go ahead. Otherwise avoid this route.
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by BarrElChapo(m): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

These discriminations are what have held us back for too long.

My parents will have no say whatsoever in whom I choose to marry but it's up to you. Follow the trend or carve a new order for your unborn descendants.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by lomprico(m): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
Dshocker:

Ohafia women are known to make a terrible wife, they like to dominate and cage their husband & they also cheat in marriage.

But your girl might be different, who knows.

Racial/bigotry profiling. This is wrong on all levels.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by samuelson06(m): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

Her father and mine are no longer alive. They both have a traditional title and belong to eze's cabinet too. Please I need your advice cos I really want marry this girl. I also know that people encounter alot of difficulties when they want to get married. So I need a clarification from someone who has extensive knowledge on igbo tradition. Thank you.

A mom is a mom. She's the remaining parent for you right now and surely have a say in your life. The elders are even with her. So, what exactly can I say? Sincerely, I can't go against her. She may be wrong but I can't go against her words, especially when even the elders are with her.

However, if I were in your shoes, I'll seek a higher authority if I can't hear from God. And I'll recommend that for you. Seek God's face through His true prophets or go with your mom. Don't override her except you hear from God.
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by vengertime: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

I grew up in the village with them even though my family is not.

My advice is, 1, go and investigate there , usually you will send someone from your village to go ask questions if she's from an OSU family or not. OSU families are within every community in Igbo land.

Number 2. If she's not but your mom just don't like the girl but doesn't want to say it bluntly, one day use style and tell her that you have made up your mind that you are no longer interested in getting married to anyone again. That things are not really fine for you, the above decision scares every Igbo mother's.

She will lower her expectations and accept whoever you bring home. Cos she feels that you're still young and should still be shopping around which is ridiculous this days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by Dikastan: 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

If you have prayed and God confirmed through revelation from two or more people that she is wife, look for people that will follow you,go and marry her. Your mother has her own life while you have yours.
Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by bonnyhope: 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2023
And the OSUs are here reading all these

If we stepped into Europe now we will be shouting discrimination

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by bluefilm: 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
Ikennaford:
I don't know about those areas, but arochukwu is osu, carry me go anywhere, na osu dem be

Your ignorance is quite embarrassing.

What a pity!

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry by agyo(m): 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
respect your mum's decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10_signs_that_a_girl_likes_you There Are Some Common Signs, Are They / The Amazing Power Of The Kitchen And The Other Room. / Guys, What Is The Greatest Lie A Woman Has Ever Told You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.