Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (810296 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DFAM: 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
adaobi123:

You're in brighton too ?
Yea, University of Sussex to be precise.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
DFAM:
Yea, University of Sussex to be precise.

okay, I'll be at brighton cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DFAM: 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
adaobi123:

okay, I'll be at brighton cheesy
Great. University of Sussex?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
DFAM:
grin,thanks bro. Actually, I did not. I was just been careful after I heard they do not allow liquid of any sort.

Na wa to you oo. Why are now giving a testimony. Your own no be miracle na grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
DFAM:
Great. University of Sussex?

Nah brighton university
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EAkoteyon: 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
abeg o, I hope my crayfish, dried fish will be safe and arrive successfully. I think I'll b having excess load, how's d charge like on Emirates? what's d maximum load I can carry on Emirates?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
EAkoteyon: abeg o, I hope my crayfish, dried fish will be safe and arrive successfully. I think I'll b having excess load, how's d charge like on Emirates? what's d maximum load I can carry on Emirates?

They will as far as they don't get above 20kg altogether.
I think Emirates is 2x35kg checking bags and 12kg hand luggage.

But am not sure, so contact them and ask
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DonOms(m): 1:15am On Sep 25, 2014
spikesC:

They will as far as they don't get above 20kg altogether.
I think Emirates is 2x35kg checking bags and 12kg hand luggage.

But am not sure, so contact them and ask

It's a single hold luggage of 30 kG and a hand luggage of 7 kG for Emirates. EAKoteyon will have to pay for extra luggage if it's above the recommended.

It should be about USD 65 per kG for Economy flight from LOS to LHR. You can use the baggage calculator to know the price: http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggages/baggage_calculator.aspx

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EAkoteyon: 7:16am On Sep 25, 2014
DonOms:

It's a single hold luggage of 30 kG and a hand luggage of 7 kG for Emirates. EAKoteyon will have to pay for extra luggage if it's above the recommended.

It should be about USD 65 per kG for Economy flight from LOS to LHR. You can use the baggage calculator to know the price: http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggages/baggage_calculator.aspx
thanks guys
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EAkoteyon: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2014
DonOms:

thanks guys but that's small and costly
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EAkoteyon: 7:35am On Sep 25, 2014
DonOms:

single hand luggage? meaning it has to be in a single travel bag? was planning to carry 2
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 9:11am On Sep 25, 2014
DonOms:

If you got this from there website, just disregard it.
Flights, in Nigeria atleast, are mostly double check in bags.

Royal air maroc listed 1 checking bag on there website, but i called them and they said it's 2. It was also written 2 on my ticket
That was why i told him to call to confirm.

If he's paying for extra luggage online, he's wasting money. Extra luggage is cheaper to pay for at the airport because you can beat down the price.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Frangbon: 9:39am On Sep 25, 2014
I'm adapting "small small"
This cold no get part 2 sha

And the water tastes really funny
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bobbieydeey: 9:55am On Sep 25, 2014
adaobi123:

Nah brighton university
UG ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2014
spikesC:

If you got this from there website, just disregard it.
Flights, in Nigeria atleast, are mostly double check in bags.

Royal air maroc listed 1 checking bag on there website, but i called them and they said it's 2. It was also written 2 on my ticket
That was why i told him to call to confirm.

If he's paying for extra luggage online, he's wasting money. Extra luggage is cheaper to pay for at the airport because you can beat down the price.
Unfortunately its a single 30kg bag, my parents flew emirates to manchester last xmas and they could only take 1 bag each.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 25, 2014
Frangbon: I'm adapting "small small"
This cold no get part 2 sha

And the water tastes really funny
Lol, you have not seen cold o, you are still in Autumn. Wait till winter and you will testify. Just get gloves, cap with ear cover and thermal wears. Sports direct has really good thermal wears and socks. Good luck on your studies.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by emteecve(m): 10:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Any Imperial guy in London yet? I jes came in yesterday
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 25, 2014
Bobbieydeey: UG ?

yup
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EAkoteyon: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
honey86:
Unfortunately its a single 30kg bag, my parents flew emirates to manchester last xmas and they could only take 1 bag each.
thanks all for your response.
I'll look for ways to reduce my load.
As I'm taking connecting flight from Dubai, will I pay again at Dubai if I have excess load after I've paid In Lagos?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DFAM: 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
Pls, how best can I move my fund from GTB into my Barclays account. I supposed I could use my master card at the POS to do that. But the lady I meet at the bank says they can only give me swift code and then I have to contact GTB to effect the transfer. Cc: SpikesC, DonOms.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DFAM: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
spikesC:

Na wa to you oo. Why are now giving a testimony. Your own no be miracle na grin
grin, but at least I was saved the stress of having to re-arrange my bag all over again cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DFAM: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
adaobi123:

Nah brighton university
Ok
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
honey86:

na wa oooo

EAkoteyon:
As I'm taking connecting flight from Dubai, will I pay again at Dubai if I have excess load after I've paid In Lagos?

naaah
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
DFAM:
grin, but at least I was saved the stress of having to re-arrange my bag all over again cheesy

You can say that again. Welcome to the UK cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DFAM: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
spikesC:

You can say that again. Welcome to the UK cool
Thanks bro. Pls, I copied you on an issue that has to do with fund transfer from my GTB to a Barclays account. Kindly respond pls.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
DFAM: Pls, how best can I move my fund from GTB into my Barclays account. I supposed I could use my master card at the POS to do that. But the lady I meet at the bank says they can only give me swift code and then I have to contact GTB to effect the transfer. Cc: SpikesC, DonOms.

You should be able to do that, i am sure of it.

Nevertheless, if your GTB account is domiciliary, then you can do an international transfer else you'll have to withdraw it from an ATM.

If the money you wish to move is for paying bills, like school fees, i would advice you pay with the card.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mhoreh: 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
spikesC:

na wa oooo

naaah
EAkoteyon:

emirate was a srz mistake swear down
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EAkoteyon: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
mhoreh:

why did u say that?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by BossLadyCEO: 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
mhoreh:

Oga why is it? As in hw? Pls abeg I need to knw. I jst booked emirate 2day o. This ur statement is scary..
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
BossLadyCEO:

Oga why is it? As in hw? Pls abeg I need to knw. I jst booked emirate 2day o. This ur statement is scary..

Probably because of the baggage allowance.

Errm, can you help me with some info.
I am helping a few friends with there Germany school stuff and i would like to know about the scholarship thingy you talked about a while ago.
Is there a link you can give me to check it out.

Would really appreciate if you can
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by KingRuckus: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
KingRuckus: Guys, I got admission from both Kingston Uni & University of Hertfordshire ; please which 1 offers the better academic quality & correct social life ??
January entry, 2015.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.