Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (811618 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
KingRuckus: Guys, I got admission from both Kingston Uni & University of Hertfordshire ; please which 1 offers the better academic quality & correct social life ??
January entry, 2015.

From the leauge table here: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

It's obvious Hertfordshire is far better. Nevertheless, you still have to consider location, money involved and student life

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by BossLadyCEO: 10:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
[quote author=spikesC]

Probably because of the baggage allowance.

Errm, can you help me with some info.
I am helping a few friends with there Germany school stuff and i would like to know about the scholarship thingy you talked about a while ago.
Is there a link you can give me to check it out.

Would really appreciate if you can[/quote

Oh ok, bt ave u ussed emirates b4? Is dere service nt satisfactory? I mean aside d baggage allowamce

I just made a scholarship proposal to my LG, and it ws approved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
mhoreh:

emirate was a srz mistake swear down
Please, can you advise on what you mean? I'm thinking on boarding emirate.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
Reporting Live from Hamad International! Got here 2 hours agogrin Na God go punish all our Nigerian Airlines oo with their piss poor service I swear. My flight was super smooth with 5 star service I repeat 5 star service!! Chai!

Planned to go to their Oryx Lounge but the airport itself na lounge with fast working free wifi and all, so no need to blow $40 on the Oryx Lounge any more.

I almost missed my flight today oo and even carried a little bit of excess luggage (Carried two bags, one na 85% Indomie grin cheesy) but talking nice and smiling wink to the fine lady at their check in desk allowed me get away with being late and paying for excess luggage.

Arriving London in the morning. God bless us all here and allow us achieve fantastic grades in our post grad endeavors, Amen!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
guiddoti: Please, can you advised on what you mean? I'm thinking on boarding emirate.

Book Qatar!!!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
HudsonBanks: Reporting Live from Hamad International! Got here 2 hours agogrin Na God go punish all our Nigerian Airlines oo with their piss poor service I swear. My flight was super smooth with 5 star service I repeat 5 star service!! Chai!

Planned to go to their Oryx Lounge but the airport itself na lounge with fast working free wifi and all, so no need to blow $40 on the Oryx Lounge any more.

I almost missed my flight today oo and even carried a little bit of excess luggage (Carried two bags, one na 85% Indomie grin cheesy) but talking nice and smiling wink to the fine lady at their check in desk allowed me get away with being late and paying for excess luggage.

Arriving London in the morning. God bless us all here and allow us achieve fantastic grades in our post grad endeavors, Amen!
I read you enjoyed the trip. did you include the oryx lounge in your booking or is it there usual services? How long will it take on your stop-over? Pardon me for my many jamb questions.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 11:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
guiddoti: I read you enjoyed the trip. did you include the oryx lounge in your booking or is it there usual services? How long will it take on your stop-over? Pardon me for my many jamb questions.

No shaking ask as many questions as you want grin . No the Oryx Lounge you book when you get here. My stop-over is for 6 hrs( there are stop-overs for less time or more tho). It's a fantastic Airline I must say.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 12:00am On Sep 26, 2014
[quote author=HudsonBanks]

No shaking ask as many questions as you want grin . No the Oryx Lounge you book whepn you get here. My stop-over is for 6 hrs( there are stop-overs for less time or more tho). It's a fantastic Airline I must say. ok, I'ii check stop-over durations for glasgow. I hate long wait.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gbemmiey: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2014
spikesC:

I forgot, too many people coming and going through nairaland

You don already start to dey chop there poison grin
I bet you'll never forget that word, plagiarism, till you graduate. They be like forcing it down your throat

Seems you're still staying very far. Omo, accommodation here na war oooo
Gillingham is full o, you better look fast.
Most houses are gone online. The few you'll find are via word of mouth

Yea, if I were to go to Medway via train, how do I go about it, missed the 11am bus even tho I got there at 10:50. It's really annoying.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 11:32am On Sep 26, 2014
Think you will take a train from london bridge/greenwich going to Gillingham, stop is at chatham town
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by KingRuckus: 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
spikesC:

From the leauge table here: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

It's obvious Hertfordshire is far better. Nevertheless, you still have to consider location, money involved and student life
. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
HudsonBanks: Reporting Live from Hamad International! Got here 2 hours agogrin Na God go punish all our Nigerian Airlines oo with their piss poor service I swear. My flight was super smooth with 5 star service I repeat 5 star service!! Chai!

My man grin

This one wey u dey shout 5 star, e be like say them serve una Egusi soup with pounded yam? grin
I hope that indomie is the big pack(220g). I couldn't find it here in gillingham, i had to buy a carton of the small packs(70g).

wish you safe flight to london cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
gbemmiey:

Yea, if I were to go to Medway via train, how do I go about it, missed the 11am bus even tho I got there at 10:50. It's really annoying.

Where exactly are you coming from?

BTW, there's a double room and double bed available very close to school. The person listed it as 320 but you could get it for 300pm.
All bills inclusive

I would have taken it but i already paid for another place before he responded for viewing.
Here's the link

[url]http://www.gumtree.com/p/double-room-flatshare/large-bedroom-in-student-house-medway-%C2%A3320-monthly-all-bills-included/1082173336[/url]

You can also look around gumtree

DisGuy: Think you will take a train from london bridge/greenwich going to Gillingham, stop is at chatham town

Chatham station is a bit farther. He should go to Gillingham station
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gbemmiey: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
spikesC:

Where exactly are you coming from?

BTW, there's a double room and double bed available very close to school. The person listed it as 320 but you could get it for 300pm.
All bills inclusive

I would have taken it but i already paid for another place before he responded for viewing.
Here's the link

[url]http://www.gumtree.com/p/double-room-flatshare/large-bedroom-in-student-house-medway-%C2%A3320-monthly-all-bills-included/1082173336[/url]

You can also look around gumtree

Chatham station is a bit farther. He should go to Gillingham station

thanks from peckham. so from the gillingham station i should just get a bus going greenwich uni (medway)? about how much would they charge and is the oyster card valid on it. forgive my questions undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by FutureDon(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
See free ads for Qatar Airways oo. I agree with HudsonBanks on Qatar Airways. My first flight with them in 2012 from Lagos to Manchester made me fall in love with their services.

I had close to 4:30hrs stopover and it was just like minutes. I met a Nigerian guy and girl at Hamad International airport and we chatted and 'boozed' away the long hours. After finishing the booze, we went on quick perfume spraying mission, lol.

They young man who sold the booze kept it for us inside a big brown envelop and advised us to drink directly from the envelop cos we asked if we could consume it right in the waiting area smiley

I can't say the same for other airlines I had used.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
gbemmiey:

thanks from peckham. so from the gillingham station i should just get a bus going greenwich uni (medway)? about how much would they charge and is the oyster card valid on it. forgive my questions undecided

Yeah, though you can walk to school from there. About 30-35mins walk.

You'll be taking the 116 bus that roams around medway. Use the links below for the costs:

This link is for inner medway as that is where you'll be travelling around
https://tickets.arrivabus.co.uk/south-east/medway-inner/

This one has the details for student discounts but it's for medway in general. So you'll have to compare them
https://tickets.arrivabus.co.uk/south-east/medway/?_ga=1.46459360.632775938.1411558417#305

To search on google for travel directions from peckham to gillingham station or even to school.
Search with postcodes or with train stations

Example:
For postcodes from your location to school
"SE5 2HY to ME4 4TB"

Or from your location to gillingham train station
"SE5 2HY to gillingham train station"

Google will also tell you when the next train will leave
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
spikesC:

My man grin

This one wey u dey shout 5 star, e be like say them serve una Egusi soup with pounded yam? grin
I hope that indomie is the big pack(220g). I couldn't find it here in gillingham, i had to buy a carton of the small packs(70g).

wish you safe flight to london cool

Chaiiii my Brother them wan finish me with chop chop for the flight! Had to beg to be left alone grin No Egusi sha but them too try cheesy, their service is second to none.
Ahh me no like the big pack oo na small one I dey always buy, small one seasoning dey enter well unlike the big one.

Thanks my Bro! Am in London now at my Uncles, My cousin was at the airport waiting to pick me up so didn't take me more than 20 mins after getting off the plane. God go bless all of una beyond measure oo, you guys are amazing helping us all with your experience and pro advice.

By the way, today weather sweet here oo grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Chaiiii my Brother them wan finish me with chop chop for the flight! Had to beg to be left alone grin No Egusi sha but them too try cheesy, their service is second to none.
Ahh me no like the big pack oo na small one I dey always buy, small one seasoning dey enter well unlike the big one.

Thanks my Bro! Am in London now at my Uncles, My cousin was at the airport waiting to pick me up so didn't take me more than 20 mins after getting off the plane. God go bless all of una beyond measure oo, you guys are amazing helping us all with your experience and pro advice.

By the way, today weather sweet here oo grin

Welcome man. Na the big one be the ogbonge one as e dey full belle well well grin

I hope them no search you. And i hope you carry contraband enter cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
FutureDon: See free ads for Qatar Airways oo. I agree with HudsonBanks on Qatar Airways. My first flight with them in 2012 from Lagos to Manchester made me fall in love with their services.

I had close to 4:30hrs stopover and it was just like minutes. I met a Nigerian guy and girl at Hamad International airport and we chatted and 'boozed' away the long hours. After finishing the booze, we went on quick perfume spraying mission, lol.

They young man who sold the booze kept it for us inside a big brown envelop and advised us to drink directly from the envelop cos we asked if we could consume it right in the waiting area smiley

I can't say the same for other airlines I had used.

I waka airport I tire, my eye full! remain small make I start to try out Tag Heuer watches wey i see and one yellow Lambo on display( I respect myself make I no receive early deportation grin) but I Bleep up oo I no go try out perfumes damn! The time flew tho it was wonderful I enjoyed every minute
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
spikesC:

Welcome man. Na the big one be the ogbonge one as e dey full belle well well grin

I hope them no search you. And i hope you carry contraband enter cheesy

Hahahahaha cheesy! Chop man! three small ones with chicken dey belle-ful me wella.

I was surprised oo no form of searching at all everything sharp sharp, but when e reach some asians turn border officers come dey form tuff, e sweet me die!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gbemmiey: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
spikesC:

Yeah, though you can walk to school from there. About 30-35mins walk.

You'll be taking the 116 bus that roams around medway. Use the links below for the costs:

This link is for inner medway as that is where you'll be travelling around
https://tickets.arrivabus.co.uk/south-east/medway-inner/

This one has the details for student discounts but it's for medway in general. So you'll have to compare them
https://tickets.arrivabus.co.uk/south-east/medway/?_ga=1.46459360.632775938.1411558417#305

To search on google for travel directions from peckham to gillingham station or even to school.
Search with postcodes or with train stations

Example:
For postcodes from your location to school
"SE5 2HY to ME4 4TB"

Or from your location to gillingham train station
"SE5 2HY to gillingham train station"

Google will also tell you when the next train will leave

Thank u very much. May God continue to bless u
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
gbemmiey:

Thank u very much. May God continue to bless u

cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Hahahahaha cheesy! Chop man! three small ones with chicken dey belle-ful me wella.

I was surprised oo no form of searching at all everything sharp sharp, but when e reach some asians turn border officers come dey form tuff, e sweet me die!

Na em be say chicken go kill you for this place grin

So, ehe, did you bring in any contraband sad undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
spikesC:

Bro me na law-abiding citizenS grin so no contra at all
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by paradisewoods: 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
spikesC:

SpikeC , ur guy don enter Sunderland today o. *****wink wink***. I flew emirate they won kill me with food. dessert, light bite, appetizers, breakfast, lunch etc . kilode. Anyways. Ajeyo tinx and bulole tinz. lolz

NB. I also got the number of one of the air hostesses for u

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
HudsonBanks:

grin grin
Egbon don reach...take it easy oooo...wen u sey reach surrey I even pass ur side ystday on my way to southaea....
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
kingsilly:
grin grin
Egbon don reach...take it easy oooo...wen u sey reach surrey I even pass ur side ystday on my way to southaea....

My Henessey go still dey intact oo no think say I forget grin I still dey London I never enter school. You don already start waka waka just now now, jeje oo Loool.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 4:39am On Sep 27, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Make i hear grin

So you waste all those money and flight time without, atleast, one bottle of schnapps grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 4:42am On Sep 27, 2014
paradisewoods:

SpikeC , ur guy don enter Sunderland today o. *****wink wink***. I flew emirate they won kill me with food. dessert, light bite, appetizers, breakfast, lunch etc . kilode. Anyways. Ajeyo tinx and bulole tinz. lolz

NB. I also got the number of one of the air hostesses for u

Welcome bro cool
Hope you're enjoying the weather grin

Seems you guys are now teasing us with emirates and Qatar cry

Hope say she fine, tall, with sexy legs grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2014
HudsonBanks:

My Henessey go still dey intact oo no think say I forget grin I still dey London I never enter school. You don already start waka waka just now now, jeje oo Loool.

I be dey sort accommodation ishh na make I dey go skol from London so I just have pass ur side atimes cuz na Coach I dey use..I dey London too oo today..which side u dey??
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 10:12am On Sep 27, 2014
kingsilly:

I be dey sort accommodation ishh na make I dey go skol from London so I just have pass ur side atimes cuz na Coach I dey use..I dey London too oo today..which side u dey??

Oh okay make sense, hope say na two bedroom studio you get cos if I come I need to lounge grin. I dey Carshalton, I dey even plan go one friend event for central London today today so, somewhere around Farringdon station. Which side you dey we fit block oo
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 10:15am On Sep 27, 2014
spikesC:

Make i hear grin

So you waste all those money and flight time without, atleast, one bottle of schnapps grin

Now wey you mention am e dey pain me say I no carry cos them no search me at all cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.