Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? (15239 Views)

Poll:

Yes: 43% (36 votes)
No: 48% (40 votes)
Not sure: 7% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL / Tribalism On Nairaland ... Hilarious Screen Shots / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
Ndi Yoruba:

@ekwy nwa
So you thought I was going to read your final rant??
hahahahaha. I laugh in ekwy nwa.
Never! It was meant to be your compensation.I gave it to you. Why should I want to be part of it again?
Now, I am free of any form of[b] guilt[/b]. cheesy

See Ben Johnson grin grin grin grin

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
~Bluetooth:

na your fault ? No be you drag me into this stupidity !

Now he is whining grin.

OMG, would that eniola(Yoruba woman) be able to finish that food? OMG, one can't imagine getting closer to her as she looks sweaty and must be stinking angry
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nnenna1(f): 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2012
Nairaland has awakened me to tribalism as an ugly reality in Nigeria. I don't think it is as bad as what is portrayed here but it certainly exists.

Whether or not this is a positive contribution to Nigeria from Nairaland is up to debate.I think that anyone who comes here with a negative perception of Nigeria (seeing as we have a bad rep) will further confirm his bias, concluding that Nigerians are little more than savage, hating, racist AND sexist people.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Johnsinia(m): 8:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
Toomuch of Tribalism is a sin.u can nt practise tribalism witout hatred in ur heart n no hatracy wil c or enter d kingdom of heaven.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 8:34pm On Mar 21, 2012
Frank-Aba:

Now he is whining grin.

OMG, would that eniola(Yoruba woman) be able to finish that food? OMG, one can't imagine getting closer to her as she looks sweaty and must be stinking angry

dont mind those clowns tongue
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2012
Frank-Aba:

LOL, as if you can afford to. Get a grip man and settle for less. wink

WORD!!!!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by bittyend(m): 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
Nnenna1: Nairaland has awakened me to tribalism as an ugly reality in Nigeria. I don't think it is as bad as what is portrayed here but it certainly exists.

Whether or not this is a positive contribution to Nigeria from Nairaland is up to debate.I think that anyone who comes here with a negative perception of Nigeria (seeing as we have a bad rep) will further confirm his bias, concluding that Nigerians are little more than savage, hating, racist AND sexist people.

The so-called "tribalism" in Nigeria is overrated! Why do we care about what outsiders think about us? - as long as this country is together - we're all Nigerians. The "tribal" thing is not only a Nigerian thing - it happens in every heterogeneous country around the world. In the UK, there is rivalry between the Irish, Welsh, Scots, English, Protestants and Catholic - even Northerners, Midlanders, Scousers, and Southerners do the same thing all the time.

I troll on NL most times and bash Igbos and Hausas - but in the real world - I jam with Igbos all the time; eat Igbo food at my boy's yard; and I link loads of Igbos girls. You lot need to stop moaning - and stop taking things to heart. Nigerians are NOT savages - we're CIVILIZED people, period. Since, there has never been a Southern Nigerian serial killer - targeting people based on their tribe - then, you lot are blowing things out of proportion here. Take a chill pill; drink some water; and laugh more.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Jiah011(f): 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2012
On the contrary, it has enlightened all of us to the differences we all have and has shown us that we are more alike than different. Nigerians all have "big boy" and "big girl" syndrome and will go to the ends of the earth to boast about themselves even at the expense of their brothers. There is nothing particularly remarkable about any tribe, but a certain group of people from each will keep lying to themselves in order to make themselves appear better than others. United we stand, divided we fall. Divided Nigeria is our reality. This country still has a looooooooonnnnngggg way to go!

1 Like

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by dayokanu(m): 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekwy nwa:

yea like this grin

That was from a play and supposed to be for fun

have you seen the receipt of food consumed by the Igbo woman at Transcorp Hilton that cause wahala in the senate

How Human being not elephant go chop 800k meal at one sitting
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by neyostica: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2012
Akure

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2012
dayokanu:

have you seen the receipt of food consumed by the Igbo woman at Transcorp Hilton that cause wahala in the senate

The price of human meat has astronomically gone up.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekwy nwa:

but you will cherish this Yoruba babe
YOORK HOW CAN YOROBE DO THIS TO THEIR UGLY WOMEN sad sad sad sad
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
dayokanu:

the Igbo woman paid for six and you know how small and expensive Hilton meals are, and its not 800k per sitting get your facts straight
This is Eniola’s feeding pattern, that’s her regular meal play or no play , eniola’s ,live and direct.

Enjoy this

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekwy nwa:

the Igbo woman paid for six and you know how small and expensive Hilton meals are, and its not 800k per sitting get your facts straight
This is Eniola’s feeding pattern, that’s her regular meal play or no play , eniola’s ,live and direct.

Enjoy this
hehehe that one over weight..................
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by bittyend(m): 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2012
[size=20pt]Damn! These clowns have taken over this thread as well grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2012
neyostica: Akure
that's nice,,never knew development touches other yorobe states...in SW shocked shocked shocked shocked hope is not just one round about well time for yorobe to start developing like eastern states they are lacking behind only fashola they get......
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nnenna1(f): 9:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
bittyend:

The so-called "tribalism" in Nigeria is overrated! Why do we care about what outsiders think about us? - as long as this country is together - we're all Nigerians. The "tribal" thing is not only a Nigerian thing - it happens in every heterogeneous country around the world. In the UK, there is rivalry between the Irish, Welsh, Scots, English, Protestants and Catholic - even Northerners, Midlanders, Scousers, and Southerners do the same thing all the time.

I troll on NL most times and bash Igbos and Hausas - but in the real world - I jam with Igbos all the time; eat Igbo food at my boy's yard; and I link loads of Igbos girls. You lot need to stop moaning - and stop taking things to heart. Nigerians are NOT savages - we're CIVILIZED people, period. Since, there has never been a Southern Nigerian serial killer - targeting people based on their tribe - then, you lot are blowing things out of proportion here. Take a chill pill; drink some water; and laugh more.

I think that this is another problem Nigerians have - this tendency to laugh these things off all the time and repress, and sweep uncomfortable facts under the carpet. And then we wonder why ethnically motivated killings and reprisals sporadically appear out of nowhere at all nooks and crannies. You think that our ethnic biases and all of the lives they have taken is something we should take a chill pill and drink and laugh about? I'm not sure that stuff of this magnitude is present in developed countries though ethnic alliances exist.

My own personal opinion that the "tribalism" exhibited by the better off Nigerians here (who are established enough to access the internet) spills from the inclinations of the poor masses who are ignorant enough to take out their frustration on others who seem different. For the most part Nigerians just get by and interact well when the going is good -in their easygoing way.

The "educated folks" here are much more sinister and articulate, yet playful (your words).
So they post articles that highlight negatives about their country for ethnically motivated reasons while other countries watch in fascination and keep their own dirty laundry hidden.

As we don't care about how this may affect relations and general perceptions from others for whom first impressions may count for our benefit then it's whatever. We are not exactly liked anyway.

Play on! Your drink is on the house.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by linclon(f): 9:34pm On Mar 21, 2012
I have been an keen observer on nairaland for quite a while and rarely comment on posts even when am soo tempted to do so. Am here basically to update my self on stuffs happening in Naija, but recently I must say I dont fancy the trend nairaland is turning. There are lots of tribalist threads and comments, its soo bad that there are nairalanders that I can predict will always have tribalist comments especially among the yorubas and the igbos. Its really disheartening. I have spent lots of time in different parts of naija and appreciate the people I met there, why are some nairalanders soo tribalist, I may sound like a tribalist to some people now but the igbo tribalists on nairaland are always quick to run down other tribes, even with the threads they start. Must you start a tribalist thread? When a tribalist thread is started, some people cant help but to respond in defense of their tribe and then the cycle continues.
All tribes have good and bad people, please stop destroying nairaland and turning tribes against each other.I also think the tribalism on nairaland is way too exaggerated. In Naija and abroad, I have awesome friends from my tribe and other tribes. I see people getting along well in naija despite their tribal differences.

I have date guys from my tribe and other tribes while in Naija cos I dont judge people by their tribe but by the quality of their personality. I am proud to be a Yoruba lady and engaged to an Igbo man, we expecting our baby soon. To both of us, been Nigerians in foriegn land has only made us more unified despite coming from two different tribes.Our family both in Naija and abroad are not at 'each others throat" cos one family is yoruba and the other tribe is igbo. I have both yoruba, igbo and hausa inlaws in my immediate family. It only makes it more fun when we have family events.

So to the posters question, No, tribalism on nairaland has not affected my relationship with other tribes negatively, Still love my hausa Muslim friends,(despite boko haram) my igbo hubby and friends however, naiaraland tribalist threads and comments are disheartening and should be discouraged. it could affect some people's view and add more to the negative image of Nigerians in the international community.

1 Like

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ibide(m): 9:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
I enjoy being tribalist it's my way of life
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by bittyend(m): 9:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
Nnenna1:

I think that this is another problem Nigerians have - this tendency to laugh these things off all the time and repress, and sweep uncomfortable facts under the carpet. And then we wonder why ethnically motivated killings and reprisals sporadically appear out of nowhere at all nooks and crannies. You think that our ethnic biases and all of the lives they have taken is something we should take a chill pill and drink and laugh about? I'm not sure that stuff of this magnitude is present in developed countries though ethnic alliances exist.

I'm not laughing things off - I know ethnic killings happen in Northern Nigeria - but I don't think it's problematic in the South (if the ethnic bashing on NL btw Igbos and Yorubas is what you used as a yardstick). NL posters don't even represent 0.01% of Nigerians - and what happens on NL, is not what happens in REAL LIFE. We all have our differences - the same way brothers and sisters have their differences. Like I said earlier, this is not only peculiar to Nigerians - it happens everywhere. And if you think stuff of this magnitude is not present in "developed countries" - maybe you should explain why Catholics and Protestants don't get along in Ireland? Explain why the Scots call the English, Inerlanders? ANd why the Southerners in England are abusive towards the Scousers?

My own personal opinion that the "tribalism" exhibited by the better off Nigerians here (who are established enough to access the internet) spills from the inclinations of the poor masses who are ignorant enough to take out their frustration on others who seem different. For the most part Nigerians just get by and interact well when the going is good -in their easygoing way.

You're just being an alarmist, and you need to calm down. The "tribalists" on NL are not even upto 5% of the posters - you only notice them because they post a lot of vitriolic comments - with multiple IDs. It's called trolling!

The "educated folks" here are much more sinister and articulate, yet playful (your words).
So they post articles that highlight negatives about their country for ethnically motivated reasons while other countries watch in fascination and keep their own dirty laundry hidden.

Who cares about other people think about us? The last time I checked, Nigeria is a free and PUBLIC country - it's better to wash our laundry in public, to create awareness - than hide them. The average Nigerian is tired of suffering and smiling - it's high time people spoke out, and have a public discourse about our imperfections. The NL generation are the future leaders of Nigeria - and the awareness being created on here is a platform to educate Nigerians about the challenges and problems we have as a people.

As we don't care about how this may affect relations and general perceptions from others for whom first impressions may count for our benefit then it's whatever. We are not exactly liked anyway.

We don't need to beg people to like us. All we need to do is fix our country, and make it a better place - and they will respect us. America is the most hated country in the world, yet most will like to live there.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Beaf: 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
bittyend:

This guy is a fool. You have never been to Nigeria as can be gathered from your posts, yet you know what is happening here?
Dude, get a ticket and fly down to locate your fathers village, that is where your heritage is, not in Brixton or Peckam.

While you have laughs with bigotry, it affects many real people and many lives. Your foolish words might even claim a life.

If you are suffering from low self-esteem or disconnection from your kindred, then the answer is to see a shrink, instead of spreading hatred.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Gracie1818(f): 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2012
Yes it has.I have open mindedly read the Nigerian history recently after my encounter with nairaland.To be honest,the origin of all this was the betrayal of the Igbos by the yorubas and the celebration of that betrayal.I once saw some classified pictures of the Biafran war victims in 1985 while in secondary school,gawd,even satan would not like it.One of the pictures showed a middle aged woman,a survivor who told a story about how her left eye was plucked off and given to her to chew and swallow for her to live.This is jjust one of the many millions of stories about the war.Adekunle Black scorpion would go into villiages,kill women and children rather than face soldiers while Ojukwu gave a safe passage to yorubas and notherners in Igboland.Adekunle was given the chieftancy title of Are Onakakanfo of yoruba land in 1969,in Ogbomosho.Awo was also given many titles within the period for genocide by hunger while Adekunle is genocide by bullet.These two men are heroes in yorubaland.What puzzles d Igboman is that the yoruba cherishes all those pasts just for the plate of food,all their pastors,alfas and human right activists except Gani and soyinka may God bless these two people.We lost that war galantly but I can tell you honestly the whole south and nothern minority are the real losers.I've lived in the north and have seen how the housa see the whole south as conquered people including the yoruba irrespective of their alignment durring the war.What I'm giving u Is grass root and home truth,ask any aboki.Do u know that it was after the war that housa fulani gained ground in zaria and then kaduna,and then consolidated in illorin,a yoruba land.historical victories give them courage and sense of superiority ..Afonja,uthman dan fodio and civil war.Have u asked why the last road to the sea in lagos is ahmadu bello way.lagos is a target for housa.I know what they say about lagos. The second puzzle was why snc while the Aburi that was on a plater of gold was stopped by awolowo and edwin clark.mark my word ,the housas are coming for invasion and u will appreciate peacefull people like lagos.To be honest Igbos are not interested in lagos provided u don't provoke them.History is an evidence that we don't fight our neighbours or host for land,what we do is business.Let there be a fully functional seaport in seaport in the east and we,ll withdraw from lagos

2 Likes

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 21, 2012
@ekwy nwa

What is Ben Johnson?
On a very serious note, I've made significant breakthroughs since I discharged you yesterday. To God be the glory.
I was shocked by your resort to cheap blackmail. Thank God you didn't even pretend.... At least,now I know have to do something and fast.
You've been civil so far.Keep it up.Maybe my therapy worked afterall.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by sayusuf(m): 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
initially, i thought Igbo are less concern in tribalism than yoruba nd hausa, less concer in politics than yoruba nd hausa.i thought dat their mind is occupied by business.but i am wrong. Nairaland show me d mind of truly Igbo...full of anger nd htr 2wrd hausa, looking desperatly for slightest chance 2 eliminate them.i think is because of d war..sorry Igbo, u hv 2 die wid it, there is nothing u can do abt it.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Yeske2(m): 12:02am On Mar 22, 2012
Yes,yes, yes, ..I've always advocated a 'one Nigeria" but after Madala bombing Dec 25th, God punish that day(sobbing now), hated those thoughts. Fuvvvk Naija, we are doomed. Let's get out and form alliances instead of this dream or do i say make belief.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 12:14am On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf:

This guy is a fool. You have never been to Nigeria as can be gathered from your posts, yet you know what is happening here?
Dude, get a ticket and fly down to locate your fathers village, that is where your heritage is, not in[b] Brixton or Peckam.[/b]

While you have laughs with bigotry, it affects many real people and many lives. Your foolish words might even claim a life.

If you are suffering from low self-esteem or disconnection from your kindred, then the answer is to see a shrink, instead of spreading hatred.
grin grin
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 12:26am On Mar 22, 2012
Gracie1818: Yes it has.I have open mindedly read the Nigerian history recently after my encounter with nairaland.To be honest,the origin of all this was the betrayal of the Igbos by the yorubas and the celebration of that betrayal.I once saw some classified pictures of the Biafran war victims in 1985 while in secondary school,gawd,even satan would not like it.One of the pictures showed a middle aged woman,a survivor who told a story about how her left eye was plucked off and given to her to chew and swallow for her to live.This is jjust one of the many millions of stories about the war.Adekunle Black scorpion would go into villiages,kill women and children rather than face soldiers while Ojukwu gave a safe passage to yorubas and notherners in Igboland.Adekunle was given the chieftancy title of Are Onakakanfo of yoruba land in 1969,in Ogbomosho.Awo was also given many titles within the period for genocide by hunger while Adekunle is genocide by bullet.These two men are heroes in yorubaland.What puzzles d Igboman is that the yoruba cherishes all those pasts just for the plate of food,all their pastors,alfas and human right activists except Gani and soyinka may God bless these two people.We lost that war galantly but I can tell you honestly the whole south and nothern minority are the real losers.I've lived in the north and have seen how the housa see the whole south as conquered people including the yoruba irrespective of their alignment durring the war.What I'm giving u Is grass root and home truth,ask any aboki.Do u know that it was after the war that housa fulani gained ground in zaria and then kaduna,and then consolidated in illorin,a yoruba land.historical victories give them courage and sense of superiority ..Afonja,uthman dan fodio and civil war.Have u asked why the last road to the sea in lagos is ahmadu bello way.lagos is a target for housa.I know what they say about lagos. The second puzzle was why snc while the Aburi that was on a plater of gold was stopped by awolowo and edwin clark.mark my word ,the housas are coming for invasion and u will appreciate peacefull people like lagos.To be honest Igbos are not interested in lagos provided u don't provoke them.History is an evidence that we don't fight our neighbours or host for land,what we do is business.Let there be a fully functional seaport in seaport in the east and we,ll withdraw from lagos
true talk southern Nigeria should not jump up and down like they have gain something more than others look at all the oil wells in niger delta mostly owned by Hausa fulanis how many of those oil wells belongs to Niger delta people?none, yoruba too may be one or two but Hausa owns majority who is fooling who my sister, that's why when ever southerners boast as if they were favored in the union more than the rest of the region is a sad thing because in the true sense none of them gain anything for fighting for Nigeria,but the igbos they fought against is better off today such is life...........
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by bakila: 1:17am On Mar 22, 2012
gbogboti: TRIBALISM HAS COME TO STAY IN NAIJA MEN. FUNNY ENOUGH, EVEN WHEN WE SPLIT, IT WILL CONTINUE TO WITCH HUNT US TILL ETERNITY. HOLD IT! IT WILL EVEN BE WORST. I CAN IMAGINE AN IGBO MAN GOING TO DO BUSINESS IN HAUSA LAND. OR HAUSA GOING TO YORUBA LAND FOR BUSINESS OR MIDDLE BELT. ITS BETTER NOT IMAGINED. HONESTLY I AM A VICTIM OF TRIBALISM EVEN NOW WHERE I WORK. ALL OF THEM ARE YORUBAS. GUY TO ANSWER MY GREETINGS SELF NA BY FORCE. NA EVERYDAY I DEY PRAY TO GET OUT. THEY ONLY PRETEND TO LIKE U. IN THEIR PRETENCES, YOU STILL SEE THE BEHAVIOURAL DISCRIMINATION. GASH! I HATE TRIBALISM. IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE HATING. BUT I TRY AS MUCH AS I CAN TO SUPPRESS IT. I MEAN IT. MY MESSAGE IS SIMPLE. IF U HATE ME, DON'T COME TO MY LAND. FOR THE FACT THAT YOU HATE ME AND STILL COME TO SETTLE IN MY LAND, IT MEANS YOU ARE SIMPLY STUPID!
Which is your land
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by bakila: 1:23am On Mar 22, 2012
Gracie1818: Yes it has.I have open mindedly read the Nigerian history recently after my encounter with nairaland.To be honest,the origin of all this was the betrayal of the Igbos by the yorubas and the celebration of that betrayal.I once saw some classified pictures of the Biafran war victims in 1985 while in secondary school,gawd,even satan would not like it.One of the pictures showed a middle aged woman,a survivor who told a story about how her left eye was plucked off and given to her to chew and swallow for her to live.This is jjust one of the many millions of stories about the war.Adekunle Black scorpion would go into villiages,kill women and children rather than face soldiers while Ojukwu gave a safe passage to yorubas and notherners in Igboland.Adekunle was given the chieftancy title of Are Onakakanfo of yoruba land in 1969,in Ogbomosho.Awo was also given many titles within the period for genocide by hunger while Adekunle is genocide by bullet.These two men are heroes in yorubaland.What puzzles d Igboman is that the yoruba cherishes all those pasts just for the plate of food,all their pastors,alfas and human right activists except Gani and soyinka may God bless these two people.We lost that war galantly but I can tell you honestly the whole south and nothern minority are the real losers.I've lived in the north and have seen how the housa see the whole south as conquered people including the yoruba irrespective of their alignment durring the war.What I'm giving u Is grass root and home truth,ask any aboki.Do u know that it was after the war that housa fulani gained ground in zaria and then kaduna,and then consolidated in illorin,a yoruba land.historical victories give them courage and sense of superiority ..Afonja,uthman dan fodio and civil war.Have u asked why the last road to the sea in lagos is ahmadu bello way.lagos is a target for housa.I know what they say about lagos. The second puzzle was why snc while the Aburi that was on a plater of gold was stopped by awolowo and edwin clark.mark my word ,the housas are coming for invasion and u will appreciate peacefull people like lagos.To be honest Igbos are not interested in lagos provided u don't provoke them.History is an evidence that we don't fight our neighbours or host for land,what we do is business.Let there be a fully functional seaport in seaport in the east and we,ll withdraw from lagos

How did it affect you. Not regurtiate your husband onlytruth
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Ivynwa(f): 1:35am On Mar 22, 2012
It's stifling and [b]so fills the [/b]website with hardcore hatred.
What they don't realize is that it is all riling up the fire of hatred among Nigerians.
I wish[b] that it can [/b]be stopped before it becomes too late and sends people boiling against others in the street.
We all know how Rwandans arose and killed themselves.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by BaBaMike: 1:40am On Mar 22, 2012
Yoruba bo wonni ti omode koba ba itan aba aroba, aroba baba itan. ... I dnt knw wat is wrong wt us in dis country. Dis terrorist called OJUKWU wanted 2 divide dis great country but his plan was destroyed ..hmmm, By now dis Terrorist Man should b in d hell fire roasting 4 what he make our parent 2 go tru during d biafran war. May his never smell d mercy of his lord. stupid HITLER of our time
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dede1(m): 3:16am On Mar 22, 2012
Any Nigerian who claims Nairaland forum indoctrinated him/her into tribal consciousness is a bloody fool and dirty liar. Unless you are not a Nigerian and you are capable of speaking all the native languages and can perform all the cultural rites among the ethnicities in Nigeria, you might not be tribally bias. Nigeria is a basket of tribalism and anybody who denied such scenario is worse than tribal bigot.

Nigerian government has even institutionalized tribalism and sectionalism in the country through government policies that ponder to state of origin, quota system, zone and even official language of the Nigeria. Why is English language adopted as the official language of Nigeria? Yet few numskulls have the audacious pedigree to denial tribalism existed in Nigeria where people are known as Hausa, Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba, Kanuri, Tiv, Ibibio, Ijo, Ogoni, Annang, Igbira, Junkun, Nupe, Gwari, Efik, Ejagam, Atama, Ekoi, Bachama, Angas, Birom, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ishan, Edo etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senate Slams N10m Fine On Police For Killing UNIPORT Undergraduate / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Gambia (Photos) / ISWAP Kidnaps Policeman, 7 Civilian JTF, Hunters In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.