Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148180 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by soapdish(f): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2008
Cutesy dearie, you don't have to be angry about anything. I know I have a right to compliment a guy who took his time to answer my question o.k.

With regard to the issue of encroachment, I need for you to elaborate blcos I don't see how that comes in except if you are telling me that you are the only one that has the right to appreciate Robbie Lex.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RANBAXY: 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2008
THANKS 2 every body in the house for the info. i will like to encourage all to keep praying even as we expect the mails next week. u should know that it is darker when it is close to down. dont give up. we shall all be there in jesus name , amen. once again ythanks to all who provide the info.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Kemjisuper(m): 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2008
Robbie Lex:

hahahahahahaahahaha

i just love it when they fight over me cool cool cool cool cool

Man, just wait till you start earning between 300 & 400 gees - the ladies'll skip WWIII and start WWIV over you. I bet you'll be happy then.

Cheers wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2008
Kemjisuper:

Man, just wait till you start earning between 300 & 400 gees - the ladies'll skip WWIII and start WWIV over you. I bet you'll be happy then.

Cheers wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hi ranbaxy long time, good to have you back
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tosat: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2008
Robbie lex!!!!!!

Better be careful lest i yarn 'every'!!!!! u know say i over-capable.

na u dey reign oh! d babes dey fight on top una cheesy

i second kemisuper, wait till the kish lands sha grin grin grin

@cutesy
my friend jus got a call from his Shell correspondence in his email. The call wast just to confirm he got the change of venue and would be there. have you gotten the call? actually we are colleagues thats why i know immediately things happen grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2008
Hmmm Tosat
Take it easy nowwwww, abeg, lets keep that life out of nairaland life (i take God beg you)
how are you doing sha you too busy ohhhh in that your office
will try and call you soonest sha,

I'm signing off for the day jare, see you all tommorow,
suddenly this thread is becoming spicey and interesting, and i thought nah only effiko's dey here before,

Goodnight folks
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2008
'Night, Robbie Lex, oh, sorry, Everyone!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by soapdish(f): 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2008
I want to wish Cutesy a lovely night sleep. Meanwhile what is with you and Robbie Lex?. Will like to know. No dey vexxxxxxxxx eh or else, smiley

Night night yah all, till tomorrow.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by majikprof(m): 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2008
hello everyone,

its funny you know that i get to be the night crawler cool on this thread i guess its due to the nature of my job, running night and day shifts every week but its all good. wink

nice to read and find out that this thread is growing by the day and becoming more interesting as the D'day draws nigh, well i thank GOd for allowing us keep the spirit of brotherly love thus far. cheesy cheesy cheesy

well my sources tell me that we shld start expecting the mails to be flying out from the 17th-29th of January i.e from next week thursday or there about so people dont loose hope and faith now but only hold on stronger to them like never before because the Lord God who started something good in our lives will surely see it to completion. Can i get a loudest AMEN!!!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley

as per d pay its for real people between 300k-350k/month shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked so much money cant wait to get there.

well i guess i'll draw the curtains here and go back to manning my office post so my servers dont crash grin cheesy

have a nice week people

see y'all at the TOP grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Kemjisuper(m): 9:03am On Jan 10, 2008
Nice thread anyways, very informative too. I'm still fresh on NYSC in Warri so I hope to apply for the next set of SITP's. Hopefully I'll soon be in SPDC's workshop working on contract for the Oil servicing firm I was posted to. Maybe then I could get some forehand insiders info from within the system.

Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:54am On Jan 10, 2008
Goodmorning everyone

i hope everyone had a lovely night rest, grin grin thats especially for cutesy and soapdish, grin

No need to worry we will all meet up in shell without our nairaland masks and suprise each other grin

Majiprof i love this info you just provided, more money again grin grin grin grin, i see the figure is increasing by the day.
These letters for medicals are they for SITP folks alone or did your source by any chance mention us, FIN/HR folks, undecided

Anyway i have put my mind towards april or something from the looks of things,

i second your prayer majiprof, what God has started he will surely complete in our lives, we just have to hold on to him especially nowww, So people even as the letters start coming in whatever the outcome lets all remember that God is in control,

Let me go back to work will be back in a bit, Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 10:03am On Jan 10, 2008
soapdish:

I want to wish Cutesy a lovely night sleep. Meanwhile what is with you and Robbie Lex?. Will like to know. No dey vexxxxxxxxx eh or else, smiley

Night night yah all, till tomorrow.

@ ose-dish
grin Why do u want to know, jealousy - jealousy grin wink

@Tosat

Same here, They communicate effectively, I give them that.

@Robbie Lex
Amen to that

@Majikprof
Soon and very soon, we are going to see the king,

@Ranbaxy
In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen, Preach on pastor!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 11:20am On Jan 10, 2008
@magicprof,
U always come in with good news! i fall deeper in luv wit this thread each time i see ur post! now 350k! men e b like say i go carry gun lead a band of militants go shell recruitment office just to force dem to put my name o!

Sorry, goodmornin all! i was carried away. dont mind me.

@soapdish,
shell has a legal department and they do recruit lawyers, but once again, they hardly take entry level, (dem de take sometimes sha, but not often at all), they usually ask for experience especially in land law, company law and international law, and its easier with a masters degree. but u can always try like robie lex said, who knows? and u could digress a little to humanities (human resource management).

@cutesy,
i hail o. u always brighten up any thread u enter. i pray say we go jam for shell at last o. u will b very interesting to work with.

17th-29th abi? oya now! we de wait.

to God be the glory!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2008
onavae:

@magicprof,
You always come in with good news! i fall deeper in love wit this thread each time i see your post! now 350k! men e b like say i go carry gun lead a band of militants go shell recruitment office just to force them to put my name o!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

onavae:

@cutesy,
i hail o. u always brighten up any thread u enter. i pray say we go jam for shell at last o. u will b very interesting to work with.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ONAVAE, lipsrsealed
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ robie lex,
why u de hmmmmmmmmm me with capital letters for that matter? come even seal ur lips ontop? angry

anyway, since i still de pray to God for this job, i no go send my boys from the creeks to kidnap u, yet!

i go wait till u get the job first. grin grin grin grin

1 luv o! nutin dey happen!! kiss kiss kiss!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2008
onavae:

@ robie lex,
i no go send my boys from the creeks to kidnap u, yet!

i go wait till u get the job first. grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I second that onavae,
No fighting or kidnapping until we are within shell walls , LOL
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by majikprof(m): 7:03pm On Jan 10, 2008
hello peeps!!! grin grin grin

its the night crawler in the house y'all.

well nice postings but let me start with a lil pidgin english cool cool cool

@cutesy & soapdish

the one when una dey fight cat and mice over Robbie Lex i wonder OOOOOOOOO the guy must be a real HUNK grin grin grin otherwise una just dey flex kpari for nothing. No offence meant Robbie Lex grin grin grin cutesy hope to see you in SHELL soonest

@ Robbie Lex

nice one man you get them girls head rolling all for you even though the haven't met you yet cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy can you imagine the outcome after you guys must have met physically well it beats my imagination shocked shocked shocked nice one gee cool cool grin

@ onavae

well by the special Grace of God i dont just bring good news but i make it happen in the lives of many grin grin grin see u in edjeba my March 2008. Can i get a loudest AMEN cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ every1else

well the ino i got is for SITP1 starting in March i'm not too sure when Hr/Finance will start lets keep praying and keep believing for the mercies of GOD endureth forever and ever AMEN AMEN AMEN
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by orjigga1: 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ every1

so happy 2 hear a definite time, @ last. so we stat refreshin our e-mail browsers 4m on d
17th til d 29th evry 5mins. Wow! dats anotha tension on its own. as pa d pay, bobssss, e dey very gud 2 b a party 2 such oh! God dey sha, we go get there. tk kia every1.

@Robbie lex
hav u confirmed d total no dat waz successful finally? cos it waz 130 posted earlier then later reduced 2 100, which is more authentic? tnx bro, xpectin a reply. gud nite
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2008
@magicprof,
AMENOOOOOO! AMEN TO THAT WONDERFUL PRAYER OF YOURS FOR ALL OF US!

@ORJIGA1,
i spoke with a top guy in recruitment who said they were interested in 100 people, he it was who told me about the 88% mark, etc. and he is very authentic, but this is shell and u just never know, i even pray they take more than100 sef, that will favour all of us more. but seriously, shell can be funny. they took only 83 last year when they said they were looking for 120 people. well even if they are looking for 50 people, let us keep praying that it will be the niralanders first, then others, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Miketomi: 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hey folks, u all doing great with your various posts.
Keep it up.

As regards pay, current (2007/2008) SITP folks take-home pay is 280K and also spiced up with free
accomodation and three square meals per day.
I mean the type of meal the Warri candidates took during the SRD grin
Anyway after 3 - 4 months, you will not like the meal again. Am serious.
Except if there is an upward review, be prepared for 280K.
Folks, una fit go on fasting for upward review during 2008/2009 SITP grin grin grin

Am wishing u guys the very best.
Just as a reminder to the successful candidates be prepared for another one year of rigorous academics wahala but this time around at a big boy level.
Keep beleiving God and He will pleasantly surprise you.

grin grin This is my first post  o grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by soapdish(f): 10:19am On Jan 11, 2008
Goodmorning folks,how has it been?,missed yah all.

@Robbie lex
How was your night my dear?, wink winkhope you had a wonderful night rest.

@Cutesy
U can call me whatever u like, I'm not gonna reply u in kind this time. The fact is I like Robbie Lex, there I'v said it, YOU ARE NOT GONNA STOP ME grin grin grin

@Onavae
Thanks man, I would probably digress a little while waiting to finish my LLM. Would appreciate it if U or anyother person informs me when the next recruitment excercise will commence grin grin grin

@majikprof
I knowRobbie Lex is a REAL HUNK, I don't have to see him to know,though hunk or not I still like him.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 10:43am On Jan 11, 2008
@miketomi,
welcome to this thread. but y u wan come reduce our money now? from 350 to 280? well thanks. i guess urs is correct becos when i asked i was told to place my mind on about 200. even at 280k, with the free accomodation and feeding (both of which i had a taste of when i did my SRD in waffi), and no paying of transport to work, i think it is still very jellooo! as for the akada wahala, no be today now! wetin we wan see again wey we never first see? its all good, lets just keep praying that we get there anyway, by God's grace of course.

@soapdish,
hmm. reading through ur last post to magicprof, i can only say NA WAHOOOOO!
just stay glued to nairaland and u will know when next shell will be recruiting.

@robbielex,
i hail bros, first of all. its not easy to win hearts even without showing face. u too much bro! and sorry o, its not that the SITP guys are taking over ur wonderful thread, its just that there is more activity in SITP now. no worry, wen una time reach, the thread will find its way back to uguys at Hr/Finance.

with God, all things are possible.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 11:04am On Jan 11, 2008
onavae:

@cutesy,

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed grin

soapdish:

@Cutesy
You can call me whatever u like, I'm not going to reply u in kind this time. The fact is I like Robbie Lex, there I'v said it, YOU ARE NOT GONNA STOP ME grin grin grin

grin grin I love it wen others who come 2nd in line trip ova my guys !!! grin grin grin

@ Majikprof

Our nightwatchman grin hope nobody came to "tiff" the thread while we were away, our money seems to be diminishing (350, 300, 280 , wink

@ Robbie Lex

Abeg, no fight Onavae for appreciating good tin wen he senses it, I still need u on this thread in one "hunkful" piece,

@ Rest of the Shell hopefulls in the house

2008 is our year of Glory, RECEIVE IT!!!!

ciao

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by soapdish(f): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2008
Y
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by mikkyphp(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2008
Hey guys, i'm very interested in this thread, the Shell thing n stuff. i'm a civil engineering graduate. can anyone in da house tell me when the next SITP is so dat i can apply in due course this year?
thanks a lot!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2008
@mikkyphp,
civil
cant remember seeing civil on the list shaaa, but, not sure, try to confirm.
as for next SITP test, its always may/june, every year for engineering and physical sciences.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by mikkyphp(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ onavae
is there a website i can lookup to confirm if civil engineering is on the list?
and i thought there wasnt any particular bias for the course in engineering you studied afterall we had common foundation courses.

thanks onavae for the prompt response anyway!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by texazzpete(m): 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2008
Here's something i can say to y'all hopefuls.

1. SITP admission is purely on merit, so no need to feel scared of any possible wuru-wuru. Even with recent reports of planned streamlining in the organization, recruiting new staff still has priority.

2. The Current SITP batch should be out in february, so you guys should start medicals sometime this month (if you made it through the SRD stage successfully)

3. Definitely higher than 280. It should be a whole lot closer to 350

mikkyphp:

@ onavae
is there a website i can lookup to confirm if civil engineering is on the list?
and i thought there wasnt any particular bias for the course in engineering you studied afterall we had common foundation courses.

thanks onavae for the prompt response anyway!

ALL Engineering disciplines can apply, IMHO. There are dedicated civil engineers in SPDC anyway, so there's always a niche for you to fill

onavae:

as for the akada wahala, no be today now! wetin we wan see again wey we never first see? its all good, lets just keep praying that we get there anyway, by God's grace of course.

Lol. There's a reason the 'i' in SITP stands for intensive. After 50 + 1 hrs exams, you'll know what it is to go through an intensive training programme. grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2008
I have also been told earlier that the training is extremely intensive. but then, if anybody can qualify to be there, that person should be able to survive the intensity of the training abi? please all SITP hopefuls, do not dispair, let not your hearts not be troubled by the 50+1 hr exam or whatever. by God's grace, we will succeed.
the Joy of the Lord will always be our Strenght.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by mikkyphp(m): 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2008
onavae:

I have also been told earlier that the training is extremely intensive. but then, if anybody can qualify to be there, that person should be able to survive the intensity of the training abi? please all SITP hopefuls, do not dispair, let not your hearts not be troubled by the 50+1 hr exam or whatever. by God's grace, we will succeed.
the Joy of the Lord will always be our Strenght.
Amen O!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by texazzpete(m): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2008
@onavae
No need to worry. As you said, anyone that makes it into the programme has the neccessary skills to go through anything.
The success rate is now about 100% anyway

That isn't to mean it isn't stressful. You could be tearing your hair out with tension and frustration, but you'll pass!

The exams will be plenty, but they're only 1hr exams.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tunene: 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2008
you guys are funny o! whether 280 or 350. all join. na big money o as salary. remember you are being paid for doing what you like doing best. i believe most of you like reading now. abi una don forget the rigorous training una undergo for inside Nigerian universities. as for me it wasn't easy. so shell "intensive" program cannot scare me. Lets just be hopeful. cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65