Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148181 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tonix88: 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ADE
i am billed for the same day as u. call me on 08033828386 or send me ur number. What time is urs? mine is 3pm
Waiting,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2008
Happy new year guys, the new year celebrations was a blast for me, i'm sooo burnt its over

Tosat where in God's name are you, i have been trying to reach you for ages, please send me a number i can call you on jare, this your MIA moves arent the best ohhhhh at this point in time

Oshilim once again you have dropped very very should i say valuable information, you seem to know alot of things we dont know! wink Nice one man

Now i see the number is down to 100 from 120 someone stipulated before, anyway even if its down to 50 i'm on the list come rain or shine.

All the best to you guys who have your interviews coming up, i did my interview in ph and i was not given accomodation i crashed at a cousins house and was paid about 80% of my Trabsport fare,

Lets all keep hoping on God, it's well. grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by scoobydoo: 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2008
hello guys,
Happy new year.  I have been following this thread and want to say "kudos". You guys are doing a wonderful job.  I learnt that  Shell has suspended employment till march '08 except SITP1. You can call hr to confirm. As for the SITP1, nobody has been contacted yet  either for good or bad but i was reliably informed that before month end, they will start sending out letters for medicals. Goodluck to the hopefuls.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2008
@onavae

Thanks for the enlightenment, makes a bit of sense put [/i]that[i] way.

Anyhow, if the interview is a one day affair, how far with accomodation? Will they think it necessary to provide that, will any travel details be provided b4 the date so we know what to look out 4 or are we on our own as usual, I de broke o!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by orjigga1: 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2008
tnx 4 d info dat we'l get f/b b4 d end of d mnth. realy hav waited v4 a while bro.
wow!! Shell na place oh! cheers men n hapi nu year.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by yemhosky: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2008
Hi guys,
So good to have been following the line of discussion on this forum with respect to the anticipated SITP interview result. I actually have tried posting this information for some time now but has met with botched attempts due to the slow nature of the network i use. Got an info from the HR guys on my interview date that the interview result would be released in Jan 2008. This overides the original date that was suggested for people who took their SRD in October. The issue is that people were invited for SRD until December 7th and Shell staff had to go on christmas break 2nd week of December and to resume 2 week of January. The invitation for medicals which is being anticipated would be in January when people could be called in batches for checks and this has to follow until all the invitees go through it.
Hope this would do to answer some questions which some people has asked on this forum. See you at Edjeba.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2008
@cutesy,
robielex said he had his in ph and was not given accomodation, so try hold enoff mony o. I am begining to think that ur own will be different from ours (SITP), but i still believe that a copy of shell annual report will be very helpful for uguys. they just want to know what u ar capable of, how u go about things( ur methodology. is it effective and problem solving?) and ur team spirit.

@SITP hopefuls,
I can confirm that the results are ready, but the list of those to be employed have not been completely compiled. only those that scored 88% and above are on the list yet. they are still holding discussions on those that scored b/w 75% and 88%. they dont want to exceed 100, but they just might anyway but definitely not more than 130 people. SHELL is very inconsistent o. they may just decide to take less than 100 like they did last year where they took only 83 people. lets just keep praying, God no go let us down. but generally, SITP2007 had better scores as compared to SITP of previous years. any how, we should start hearing from them from the second half of this month. medicals in february, training starts in march.

@HR/FINANCE hopefuls,
uguys will have to wait a little longer. they are still interviewing people and right now i think they want to be through with SITP first before anything else as regards recruitment.

that na de koko for now. its been onavae reporting for shell nxt generation. anyone with any other information should pls give it to us. we need am o.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2008
Thanks Onavae for the info, hmmmmm so i'm going to wait a little longer aint it cry cry cry

Anyway hopefully all of this will be sorted out by april after my long awaited leave,  grin grin grin grin
Please keep the info flowing, you guys are really doing a great job i'm so impressed thanks for all the contributions.

Cutsey i think you should take money for accomodation and all that just to be on the safe side all the best then

Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by charleyb: 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2008
am very hapi 4 u guys, i wish u guys the best ok! smiley

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2008
Alright, Nairalanders, I de go rob bank, ( wink that one closest to your house, so beware, grin)

Who has any idea of the entry level package for shell after all is said and done, and I mean for real and not speculation

Soon and very soon, we are going to see the king , alleluyah !
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin

Okay i can't exactly make a comment because it would be pure speculation, anyone in the house who knows the exact amount should please tell cutesy so she'll know if going to the bank is worth it, hahahahahahahah LOL

Seriously though i think this is a question for onavae he's the know it all in the house,

Hope you are preparing hard for your interview cutesy

Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2008
when i asked what entry level get from shell (SITP), i was told to put my mind on 200k/month. that is what i know. i was also told that at the end of the training, we will get 5m shocked though that latter part has not been fully confirmed, i know that SITP2 grads get 3m.
so cutesy, i am thinking that all entry level should hope along that line.
@robielex, am just close to the info source, i am not the source, so there is nothing wrong in u confirming again just to b sure wink
@SITP people, lets keep hoping for the best.

all 4 1; 1 4 all; God for us all.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by majikprof(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2008
hi all and a very happy and prosperous 2008 to everyone in the house.

to all SITP/Hr SHELL hopefuls keep saying your prayers and the Lord will surely see us thru it all.

from what i learnt from a friend of mine doing SITP presently the pay is about 300k/month so onavae get your facts right as per the 5m after graduation i didnt ask on that one. i was told also that the letters/calls for medicals shld start very soon most likely next week then medicals in february and SITP kicks off in march so guys lets keep praying and not loosing faith that we shall meet at edjeba come march 2008 as SITP inductees grin grin grin cool cool cool

See you guys at the top cool cool cool

And have a nice week filled with glorious stories,

i'm outta here grin cheesy wink cool
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by fmonopoli: 2:13am On Jan 09, 2008
Okay guys, I had a SHELL CAR ASSESSMENT. Has anyone in the house had the assessment?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tosat: 8:52am On Jan 09, 2008
fmonopoli:

Okay guys, I had a SHELL CAR ASSESSMENT. Has anyone in the house had the assessment?

I think yours might be different. i had SRD day like robbielex and there was an advice about what the day would be like in word doc attached to the invite. Capacity, Ability,Relationship was part of what we were interviewed based on but it was not called CAR assessment. It was called Shell Recruitment Day. It is quite likely you didnt write the selection tests, did u? How long did your interview take? Mine went from like 9am-6pm.

@ SITP people, dont get confused. thats Finance/Hr yarns grin

@cutesy,
i told him to join nairaland but he's not interested so i would jus try n get info from him n pass it on grin grin grin
my friend's venue was changed from ph to lagos yesterday. He is scheduled for 16th Jan. He got a mail saying his interview would go on for 45 minutes in total. 5 minutes about his career objectives, 30 mins for CAR qualities, somethin like that. im not sure of the breakdown. Have you gotten the mail? I'm thinkin yours might be like fmonopoli so you could ask him about his CAR assessment.

@majikprof
i hrd the same as par pay like N300k take home monthly for entry level, excluding some allowances.
Haba, na only SITP wan collect letter for medicals ni grin warn yourself oh grin grin grin
I have to agree with you, its likely you guys get called up before Hr/Finance hopefuls from the look of things. Hr/finance reconstruction just started this week i heard.

All the best to the people that have the interviews in the coming week. May God go before you and cause all that you come across to favor you in Jesus name.

Have a great week everyone!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 11:11am On Jan 09, 2008
hmm! 300k/month! shell go kill person o! and we no go pay for feeding, accomodation and trans to work. shocked at least for the 1 yr period of training. no wonder they are using 88% for pass mark. anyway, cutesy, i think robbing a bank will b worth it, but no come d one wey near my house abeg.
God no go let this kin big fish swim pass us. we must catch am i Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2008
Ok, so the banks are safe now; the venue is now Lagos, someone out there heard my prayer (someone shout halleluyah !)

@fmonopoli

abeg let us know what they grilled u on,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by soapdish(f): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2008
Hi landers,
I am new and I want to know when next Shell will be employing. Secondly if they employ fresh graduates or those with just a year experience.
Thanks a lot
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 11:40am On Jan 09, 2008
@cutesy,
Thank God for the banks, sory i mean thank God for u.
shell is constantly assesing u on CAR, capacity(what u know and what u can do), achievement(how u will go about it and how effective ur methods are) and Relationship (team work).
any question they ask u, just keep these things in mind and make sure ur answer demonstrates at least one of them, even when they ask about ur career aspirations, ur university project, anything, put them in mind and u will sail tru.
N FORGET TO DO PLENTY PRAYERS JOIN O, BECOS NA GOG HAND EVERYTHING DE O.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 11:43am On Jan 09, 2008
@ cutesey, @ onavae @tosat You guys are funnyno be small, grin grin grin grin

Anyway its a good thing to start the day laughing my head off

smiley 250K 300K 400K, all is fine by me though the higher the better sooo anyone who has a higher figure should please post asap,

Tosat we have to do something about these sitp guys oh!!!! which chancing levels cry, anyway since hr/fin reconstruction just started then i guess ours will really take some time, maybe i should start planning a holiday in barcelona or something, grin

You guys that have 45 mins interviews are lucky shaaa, i was grilled from 7 till like 4, anyways all the best to all who have upcoming interviews, cutesy and co, fill us in on the outcome okay, Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 11:45am On Jan 09, 2008
onavae:

@cutesy,
Thank God for the banks, sory i mean thank God for u.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 11:47am On Jan 09, 2008
@soapdish,
SITP is yearly, i think d advert comes out in June. they will take u as long as u will finish ur NYSC before the job starts. SITP is for engineers and physical sciences. for soc science and arts, just watch out sha, but fresh grads are not employed that often in those fields, except highly experienced staff.
Good Luck.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by soapdish(f): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2008
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink Onavae thanks for the info. I am actually a Lawyer ,was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2005. I am currently working in a Property dev. Firm but my desire is to work in Shell. What are my chances?.Somebody should please enlighten me .

Thanks yah all.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2008
hmmmmmmm a lawyer, well i guess it all depends on if you want to keep practicing law or not, if you want to cross over to something else in the social science bit that might not be a problem, but im not sure if they do general recruitment for lawyers shaaaa, but who knowsss?? maybe onavae grin grin grin grin

just pulling your legs onavae, anyway like i always say you can always try your luck during the next recruitment excercise,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by soapdish(f): 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2008
cry cry cry cry cry cry sombody should please answer me. cry cry cry It is very important to me pleeeeeeeese cry cry cry
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by soapdish(f): 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2008
Robbie lex,
Didnt see your post before i sent my last. Thanks so much. I will try my luck next time as you said.

C winkheers.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2008
your welcome soapdish
glad i could be of service!!!!! cool
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2008
Robbie Lex, (sigh, ,) always of service,

wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2008
i take it that that's a comment right,
embarassed

thanks but i can't help helping our a damsel in distress and once in a while help out a distressed gentleman!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by soapdish(f): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2008
@Robby Lex,
Its always good to help out ok.
Keep it up dear. kiss kiss
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2008
angry Who is this soapdish sef, stop encroaching, angry

Has anyone received notification of venue change for upcoming CAR interviews?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2008
hahahahahahaahahaha

i just love it when they fight over me cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50