Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (89133 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

How do you teach Chem and Bio in Nigeria? If you do not understand the language with which those subjects are taught in Nigeria, how do you understand the subjects?
Well, I don't know where you are driving at. But, I am quite sure that I explain that to be youth literacy and it is not mandatory it must be chemistry or biology but it could be art,etc. Then, again that's why I said it is flawed open using mastering of English language alone because literacy is well beyond mere language but also the ability to identify,understand,etc.

Let me divert a bit to explain this, not necessarily in our context though,it has some rationales behind it that relate to literacy definition.If a Japanese man without English mastering in Nigeria can not be said to be illiterate, that's a fact, because he can identify,interpret,etc to the people about what is on about in the community with whatever means available to him - that's on one hand. On the other hand, if he is good in English as the language use to define literacy in Nigeria and those who are not could undertsnad him clearly, it still makes him who he's a literate Japanese. From the Japanese analogy we can now see that it is about individual ability as well as the community to understand what is being pass across. Another one, if a Yoruba person is able to get across is message to the understanding of the people in the village with few educated ones with clarity it means he's not illiterate but then because he has knowledge of it and can create, identify,etc for himself to the understanding by others around him in the community. That's on the general literacy but the youth literacy go a length further to add ability to compute and academically literate - which is the GENUINE definition of literacy.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 1:58am On Apr 30, 2012
If Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas discriminate why in the world would one complain as if they are righteous?? If you are tired of your job, QUIT!

Adejoro74:

Why not show us the Board composition of Intercontinental or Sky or Guarantee Trust Bank. Oloshi Buruku.
Can you compare this list to the list in Diamond bank?? Even though there is discrimination, at least, it is more balanced! Keep deceiving the gullible!

[b]The Board of Directors

Mr. Oluwole S. Oduyemi Chairman, Board of Directors
Mr. J. K. Olusegun Agbaje Managing Director / CEO
Mrs. Cathy Echeozo Deputy Managing Director
Mr. Adebayo Adeola Non-Executive Director
Mr. Olabode Agusto Non-Executive Director
Mrs. Stella Okoli Non-Executive Director
Mr. Egbert U. Imomoh Non-Executive Director
Mr. Ibrahim Hassan Non-Executive Director
Mr. Andrew Alli Non-Executive Director
Mr. Akindele Akintoye Non-Executive Director
Mrs. Olutola Omotola Executive Director
Mr. Demola Odeyemi Executive Director
Mr. Ohis Ohiwerei Executive Director
Mr. Wale Oyedeji Executive Director

The Bank's management team consists of the Executive Office, Heads of Marketing, Operations and Support Divisions as well as Heads of the Bank's local and offshore subsidiaries.

The Management Team

Segun Agbaje Managing Director / CEO
Cathy Echeozo Deputy Managing Director
Wale Oyedeji Executive Director and Head, Corporate Bank
Olutola Omotola Executive Director and Head Corporate Services Division
Ohis Ohiwerei Executive Director and Head, Lagos Island Division
Demola Odeyemi Executive Director and Head, International Banking, Group Co-ordination and Planning
Aderonke Kuye General Manager and Head, Transaction Service Division
Aku Pauline Odinkemelu General Manager and Head, South South Division
Bolaji Lawal General Manager and Head, E Business Division
Dare Adeyeri General Manager and Head, Information Technology Group (Hardware)
George Uwakwe General Manager and Head, Risk Management Group
Kafilat Araoye General Manager and Head, Human Resource Group
Tayo Asupoto
General Manager and Head, Settlement Division
Lola Odedina
General Manager and Head, Communication and External Affairs Group
Miriam Olusanya
General Manager and Head, Treasury Group
Siraj Abdullahi General Manager and Head, North West Division
Aaron Mosugu Deputy General Manager , Hardware (IT)
Bolade Jegede
Deputy General Manager, Lagos Island Division
Dan Shuaib Deputy General Manager and Head, Abuja/North Central Public Sector Division
Dawodu Akintunde Deputy General Manager and Head, Systems and Control Division
Haruna Musa Deputy General Manager, North East Division
Ibukun Odegbaike Deputy General Manager and Head, Retail Division (Lagos Island & Abuja)
Lara Ogunlaja Deputy General Manager and Head, Syndicated Corporate Finance Group
Morayo Oyeleke Deputy General Manager, Transaction Services Group (Lagos Mainland 1)
Segun Fadahunsi Deputy General Manager and Head, Domestic Settlement Group
Tayo Itseumah Deputy General Manager and Head, Administration
Abba Musa Assistant General Manager, Retail Division (Abuja)
Adeola Ogunyemi Assistant General Manager, Retail Division (Lagos Mainland & South East)
Adetunji Oduntan Assistant General Manager and Head Energy (Mid Stream)
Adetola Owolabi Assistant General Manager and Head Maritime
Babalola Bosede Assistant General Manager , Transaction Services (Lagos Mainland)
Banji Adeniyi
Assistant General Manager and Head, Financial Control Group
Bolude Owele Assistant General Manager, Transaction Services Group (Abuja)
Dayo Ogunbekun Assistant General Manager and Head, Information Technology Group (Software)
Deji Oguntonade Assistant General Manager and Head E-payment Solutions Group
Don Ogbonna Assistant General Manager and Head South East Division
Femi Akerewusi
Assistant General Manager and Head, Lagos Mainland Division
Isa Omagu Assistant General Manager and Head, Telecommunications Group
Kola-Daisi Dele Assistant General Manager and Head, Total Quality Management Group
Sylvia Nwakwue Assistant General Manager, Transaction Services Group (Lagos Island)
Olusina Ayegbusi Assistant General Manager and Head, IT Business Support Group
Paul Abiagam
Assistant General Manager, Lagos Island Division
Simi Osinuga Assistant General Manager and Head, E-Business and Card Services Group
Sylvester Okonkwo Assistant General Manager, Retail Division (Lagos Central)
Tokunbo Akinsowon Assistant General Manager and Head, GT Projects
Usman Aliyu Assistant General Manager, Retail Division (North East )
Veracruz Bayo Assistant General Manager and Head, International Settlement Group

Subsidiaries

Ade Adebiyi

Managing Director, Guaranty Trust Bank UK
Daniel Orogun Managing Director, Guaranty Trust Bank Liberia
Tunde Macaulay General Manager, Guaranty Trust Bank Liberia
Femi Omotosho Managing Director, Guaranty Trust Bank Gambia
Bolaji Ayodele General Manager, Guaranty Trust Bank Gambia
Lekan Sanusi Managing Director, Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana
Jamiu Yusuf

General Manager, Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana
Ayoku Liadi Managing Director, Guaranty Trust Bank Sierra Leone
Aziegbe Abraham Assistant General Manager, Guaranty Trust Bank Sierra Leone
Ndiaye Oulimata Louise General Manager, Guaranty Trust Bank Cote D'ivoire
Soumahoro Mathila Assistant General Manager, Guaranty Trust Bank Cote D'ivoire
Ajani-Lawal Isiaka
Assistant General Manager, Guaranty Trust Bank Cote D'ivoire[/b]

http://www.gtbank.com/about-gtbank/our-bank/the-team.html
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by chuks49(m): 1:59am On Apr 30, 2012
@al boko harem, go hug transformer tongue
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by tit(f): 2:01am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: LOL, I tire for these people sad

no vex ooo.
no go bomb person.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 30, 2012
jason123: SEastern states have a very high level of literacy. Especially the females!
The truth is that SE literacy is high among female but among the male counterpart, it is very low. Most Ibo boys would like to be traders than go to school nor have the basic skills to read and write - leaving out arithmetical mental calculation.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:08am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: The truth is that SE literacy is high among female but among the male counterpart, it is very low. Most Ibo boys would like to be traders than go to school nor have the basic skills to read and write - leaving out arithmetical mental calculation.

You have failed again as this topic has been over-flogged. Go back to the JAMB records. Igbo males are slightly higher than females in seeking JAMB admission, which you do not seek if you cannot read and write. You can start educating yourself from here, at least https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-who-going-school-nigeria
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 2:08am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: The truth is that SE literacy is high among female but among the male counterpart, it is very low. Most Ibo boys would like to be traders than go to school nor have the basic skills to read and write - leaving out arithmetical mental calculation.

Omo, Igbo women sabi book. The guys too dey try but generally (according to my little experience) they are not has "hot" as SS, Yorubas or Northerners. Northerners are not into books but an abstract stat of 1 in every 100000 is a genius! When you meet a smart Northerner, you'll know say them too smart.

But, this is based on my experience. According to stats, the SE and Rivers state have the highest percentage literacy (apart from Lagos and the mystical Ekiti).
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:09am On Apr 30, 2012

If only SE females go to school, how come the overall SE literacy rate is very high, higher than those in SW and North with supposedly higher population?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 2:11am On Apr 30, 2012
In fact, using this forum, you can get a rough idea. With likes of Manny4life and EKITI bear (our intellectuals grin) and Beaf, another smart dude.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

You have failed again as this topics has been overflogged. Go back to the JAMB records. Igbo males are higher than females in seeking JAMB admission, which you do not seek if you cannot read and write. You can start educating yourself from here, at least https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-who-going-school-nigeria
I don't know about that. Again, I am going by what most Nigerians and Ibo people in general used to say coupled with the trade. But, is JAMB the right determinant of literacy?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jmaine: 2:14am On Apr 30, 2012
I can see ZNO here grin . . .
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:14am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: I don't know about that. Again, I am going by what most Nigerians and Ibo people in general used to say coupled with the trade. But, is JAMB the right determinant of literacy?

JAMB is not the measure of literacy, but you have to be able to read, write and understand before aspiring to that level. Moreover, we all used to think Igbos don't go to school that much until our eyes come open. Perecption is not reality, bro.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by mimifonwon(f): 2:15am On Apr 30, 2012
I feel sorry for some of the south east states, cause this reaffirms the fact that IgBOS are losing their native language at an alarming rate. Who gives a shit how good one is in English language, sad!!.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

If only SE females go to school, how come the overall SE literacy rate is very high, higher than those in SW and North with supposedly higher population?
Yes!Possibly the statistic is actually on the female not male. Can you give link to statistic of the SE male literacy rate?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 2:15am On Apr 30, 2012
jmaine: I can see ZNO here grin . . .

Oga mi, you get sharp mind! grin grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jmaine: 2:17am On Apr 30, 2012
jason123: In fact, using this forum, you can get a rough idea. With likes of Manny4life and EKITI bear (our intellectuals grin) and Beaf, another smart dude.

Lolz . .You sef don pull cloth enter ring cheesy . . .meanwhile wey Oga harem for ya list shocked . . .abeg update am sharply grin

jason123:

Oga mi, you get sharp mind! grin grin

I dey see every from the sidelines . . . cheesy
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

JAMB is not the measure of literacy, but you have to be able to read, write and understand before aspiring to that level. Moreover, we all used to think Igbos don't go to school that much until our eyes come open. Perecption is not reality, bro.
This is not my perception per se but general one. There are evidences the male pursue trade than school. So, what's you take on that relating it to literacy rate?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:18am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: Yes!Possibly the statistic is actually on the female not male. Can you give link to statistic of the SE male literacy rate?

The stats is from the entire population, both male and female. Commonsense tells you that if only Igbo girls go to school, then the overall literacy rate in Igboland will not be higher than the SW. The days of ignorance is over; use your head.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 2:21am On Apr 30, 2012
jmaine:

Lolz . .You sef don pull cloth enter ring cheesy . . .meanwhile wey Oga harem for ya list shocked . . .abeg update am sharply grin

I dey see every from the sidelines . . . cheesy

grin grin grin
Oga mi, no vex jor. The guy just dey yarn anyhow like say hin people no dey discriminate! cheesy
Alj harem ke? You wan make Beaf kill me? Him and Beaf no dey see eye to eye at all cheesy
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:21am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: This is not my perception per se but general one. There are evidences the male pursue trade than school. So, what's you take on that relating it to literacy rate?

A good number of those you see in Alaba, etc are either graduates (who took to trading due to lack of jobs) or high-school dropouts, who based on the definition of literacy, you can never classify as illiterates. Many are also non-school attendants just alike you have touts and agberos in SW and almajiris in the North.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:22am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

The stats is from the entire population, both male and female. Commonsense tells you that if only Igbo girls go to school, then the overall literacy rate in Igboland will not be higher than the SW. The days of ignorance is over; use your head.
You are insinuating something non-asserted by me. I never said only the female Ibo tribe go to school. I said there are more educated female among the Ibo. So, that could possibly cover up for the high literacy level even at the low rate of the male. 91% for Anambra can easily gives an edge to the total literacy rate of that state.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 2:22am On Apr 30, 2012
igbo women are now different from igbo men undecided undecided so upon the statistic on literacy in nigeria which SE was on top of course, still people still doubting themselves.Talk about self denial coolnigeria everything has to be tribal but they don't like it when it give them a bit of their own medicine cool
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 30, 2012
Manny4life is an intellectual, huh?? grin grin grin grin

Jason123 a la promiscuous btchboy, go find yourself - you're lost... You and Alh_harem are alter egos, but Alh_harem is more direct with his chameleon posts.

Sam_ikenna is probably the only intellectual across the niger on NL... And ekt_bear is not an intellectual, but he's brilliant and intelligent...

The intellectuals on NL are: eGuerilla, Katsumoto, NorthSharp and PhysicsQED....
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by BlackPikiN(m): 2:25am On Apr 30, 2012
jason123:

Omo, Igbo women sabi book. [size=20pt]The guys too dey try but generally (according to my little experience) they are not has "hot" as SS, Yorubas or Northerners.[/size] Northerners are not into books but an abstract stat of 1 in every 100000 is a genius! When you meet a smart Northerner, you'll know say them too smart.

But, this is based on my experience. According to stats, the SE and Rivers state have the highest percentage literacy (apart from Lagos and the mystical Ekiti).

This guy na hediot sha.

Prove to me that the guys from the SE are not hot as the bold you mentioned here.

You all lie Igbo boys no go school but majority of those guys you call traders are mostly graduates.

So I go say all those mechanics with long tribal marks wey full Lagos equal say SW boys be mechanics.

You have never convinced me that you are not a f00l. Mumu boy.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

A good number of those you see in Alaba, etc are either graduates (who took to trading due to lack of jobs) or high-school dropouts, who based on the definition of literacy, you can never classify as illiterates. Many are also non-school attendants just alike you have touts and agberos in SW and almajiris in the North.
Thank you for that. That's not the information we have been fed. Even an Ibo person would confirm this to you that their male don't usually go to school but trade under their elder brothers or uncles. This is the first time I am seeing them to be dropouts or graduates. I still doubt your assertion though.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:25am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija:

ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA ON UNESCO DEFINITION OF LITRACY

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) defines literacy as the "ability to identify, understand, interpret, create, communicate and compute, using printed and written materials associated with varying contexts...

From UNESCO definition it means Nigerian statistic is flawed!

The same UNESCO and other global bodies rate Nigeria as a highly illiterate country. So ask yourself how they arrived at that.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 30, 2012
ak47mann: igbo women are now different from igbo men undecided undecided so upon the statistic on literacy in nigeria which SE was on top of course, still people still doubting themselves.Talk about self denial coolnigeria everything has to be tribal but they don't like it when it give them a bit of their own medicine cool

Nwanne, watch what you say about Igbo women - they're my queens. grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:27am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: You are insinuating something non-asserted by me. I never said only the female Ibo tribe go to school. I said there are more educated female among the Ibo. So, that could possibly cover up for the high literacy level even at the low rate of the male. 91% for Anambra can easily gives an edge to the total literacy rate of that state.

There is no lack of educated males in the SE. Everyone goes to school equally. Take a walk in any of the schools there and come back with your findings.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

The same UNESCO and other global bodies rate Nigeria as a highly illiterate country. So ask yourself how they arrived at that.
That's what I am saying that Nigeria is highly illiterate looking at the UNESCO definition of literacy which seems the right one to take.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

There is no lack of educated males in the SE. Everyone goes to school equally. Take a walk in any of the schools there and come back with your findings.
You misunderstood me. I was talking about the rate. Are you telling me those traders are literates? The young ones among them can read, write and compute?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:32am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: That's what I am saying that Nigeria is highly illiterate looking at the UNESCO definition of literacy which seems the right one to take.

All thanks to northerners and now SWners who unfortunately seem to prefer to be motor park touts and agberos than go to school.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 2:32am On Apr 30, 2012
okayyy i see, people prefer when you say nigerians not igbos sad so igbo is not good to mention,or are you dying to become one? say the truth is not a crime Mr man cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.