Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (89139 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 30, 2012
sentiment apart.. I give it to d sw states... Even those that didnt go to school are willing to learn...

N:B.. Litracy aint abt western education alone.. Oneluv
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by bashr8: 12:38am On Apr 30, 2012
9jadelta: sentiment apart.. I give it to d sw states... Even those that didnt go to school are willing to learn...

N:B.. Litracy aint abt western education alone.. Oneluv
a few more years and you people will catch up with the north in terms of illiteracy while you keep shouting we are the best
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jmaine: 12:39am On Apr 30, 2012
gbogboti:

I feel u. They have the Punch newspaper so don't be surprise. They know how to make plenty noise about whatever they do. Be it small or great. You think all the First class and 2.1 they litter about were all merited? Lie! This is the. Secret, they have made all Nigerians believed that they are the most educated. Hence, claim they are the most intelligent. So when they release 200 first class and 3500 2.1 from a single graduating set, you won't question them. So also, they are making a way for them in the labour market. So bro, all na sense and psychology. Is just like the North making you believe that the are more in number compare to any other region in naija. So when they are we are greater in number on a census scale you will think twice when u want to question them. All na make believe. I work with quite a number of 2.1 from the South-West. I swear, I go just dey wonder how them carry make their 2.1? But "since them be Yoruba", its OK. Na dem go school and know book pass.

Oga mi quit your shallow propaganda . . . . Those first class and 2:1 you mentioned all consist of various tribes who strive for excellence . . .tribalism to award degrees does not exist in any Western University and have not heard of one in other regions as well . . .

Must we import our myopic stand in all scenarios . . .This your attempt na complete fail abeg .
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ekwynwa: 12:43am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

This ranking is stupid. It is based on anything but the quality of academics in those schools; pity ignoramuses like you have no idea how universities are ranked. Ask yourself why universities in all sorts of African countries are better than the so-called best in Nigeria. Moreover, the topic says most, not best. Stop killing yourself.

tongue embarassed
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Wasquad(m): 12:53am On Apr 30, 2012
Biasness is absolutely shit here,talk abt Ogun where elite,prominent pple r frm. somebody is here talkin abt Anambra mtsheeeeeew!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 30, 2012
[size=18pt]
Wasquad: Biasness is absolutely shit here,talk abt Ogun where elite,prominent pple r frm. somebody is here talkin abt Anambra mtsheeeeeew!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/size]
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by bashr8: 12:57am On Apr 30, 2012
Wasquad: Biasness is absolutely shit here,talk abt Ogun where elite,prominent pple r frm. somebody is here talkin abt Anambra mtsheeeeeew!!!!!!!!!!!!
no matter how you want to compare anambra will still beat ogun anyday anytime , go and compete with your peers.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by BlackPikiN(m): 12:59am On Apr 30, 2012
Akwa Ibom should make Education free to University level.

The state seems to be one of the richest in Nigeria for now.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 30, 2012
So, being literate in language is what literacy is all about in Nigeria? This is appalling. Academic litracy has to do with basic knowledge in any language,be able to read and write it and ability to operate computer.Those statistics are totally flawed!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 1:08am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: So, being literate in language is what literacy is all about in Nigeria? This is appalling. Academic litracy has to do with basic knowledge in any language,be able to read and write it and ability to operate computer.Those statistics are totally flawed!

Every group is literate in their own language. The universal measure of literacy is in a common denominator holding a given set of people. In this case, Nigeria (a set of people) being an avowed English-speaking country, implies that English is the yardstick to measure literacy. All studies (except for almajiri ones)in Nigeria are conducted in English, remember?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ekwynwa: 1:11am On Apr 30, 2012
bashr8: [size=18pt]no matter how you want to compare anambra will still beat ogun anyday anytime , go and compete with your peers[/size].

tell them
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
Every group is literate in their own language. The universal measure of literacy is in a common denominator holding a given set of people. In this case, Nigeria (a set of people) being an avowed English-speaking country, implies that English is the yardstick to measure literacy. All studies (except for almajiri ones)in Nigeria are conducted in English, remember?

Who taught omo ibos their own language, okoro? mschewwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 1:17am On Apr 30, 2012
arole_odua1:

Who taught omo ibos their own language, okoro? mschewwwwwwwwwwww

Igbos were not speaking their language at their creation. They were speaking Yoruba which you indolent anumanus copied.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

It means, it is flawed in 21 century if they are using that for youth literacy!Do you know how the government arrived at their statistic, anyway?

ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA ON UNESCO DEFINITION OF LITRACY

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) defines literacy as the "ability to identify, understand, interpret, create, communicate and compute, using printed and written materials associated with varying contexts
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 1:23am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: It means, it is flawed in 21 century if they are using that for youth literacy!Do you know how the government arrived at their statistic, anyway?

Let's assume you are Yoruba. If you, as a Yoruba, visit Igboland, how do you communicate with them? If you speak English and they reply in conc Igbo, would you not call them illiterates - on the sheer basis of their inability to communicate with you with the expected language? What statistics are you talking about?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Let's assume you are Yoruba. If you, as a Yoruba, visit Igboland, how do you communicate with them? If you speak English and they reply in conc Igbo, would you not call them illiterates - on the sheer basis of their inability to communicate with you with the expected language? What statistics are you talking about?

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) defines literacy as the "ability to identify, understand, interpret, create, communicate and compute, using printed and written materials associated with varying contexts...

From UNESCO definition it means Nigerian statistic is flawed!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 1:26am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: It means, it is flawed in 21 century if they are using that for youth literacy!Do you know how the government arrived at their statistic, anyway?

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) defines literacy as the "ability to identify, understand, interpret, create, communicate and compute, using printed and written materials associated with varying contexts

And what is the context for Nigeria as a country?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 1:30am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Igbos were not speaking their language at their creation. They were speaking Yoruba which you indolent anumanus copied.

LMAO!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

And what is the context for Nigeria as a country?
You pointed out vary contexts on the ground that you didn't read the content as whole which that particular Vary contexts is a part of.Vary contexts in the sense that the printed and written materials are in variety of disciplines - like maybe biology, chemistry,etc.

To answer your question, I would expect the government to define it from a more probable way of able to read an write in English or any other Nigerian language. And, as for the youth literacy, aforementioned, computation and one or more knowledge in academic fields.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by SailorXY: 1:33am On Apr 30, 2012
indolent anumanus[size=8pt][/size]
cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 1:36am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: You pointed out vary contexts on the ground that you didn't read the content as whole which that particular Vary contexts is a part of.Vary contexts in the sense that the printed and written materials are in variety of disciplines - like maybe biology, chemistry,etc.

How do you teach Chem and Bio in Nigeria? If you do not understand the language with which those subjects are taught in Nigeria, how do you understand the subjects?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 1:39am On Apr 30, 2012
jmaine:

Oga mi quit your shallow propaganda . . . . Those first class and 2:1 you mentioned all consist of various tribes who strive for excellence . . .tribalism to award degrees does not exist in any Western University and have not heard of one in other regions as well . . .

Must we import our myopic stand in all scenarios . . .This your attempt na complete fail abeg .

No mind the ode!

gbogboti:

I feel u. They have the Punch newspaper so don't be surprise. They know how to make plenty noise about whatever they do. Be it small or great. You think all the First class and 2.1 they litter about were all merited? Lie! This is the secret, they have made all Nigerians believed that they are the most educated. Hence, claim they are the most intelligent. So when they release 200 first class and 3500 2.1 from a single graduating set, you won't question them. Its also a way of watering the soil for them in the labour market. So bro, all na sense and psychology. Is just like the North making you believe that the are more in number compare to any other region in naija. So when they say " we are greater in number" on a census scale you will think twice when u want to question them. All na make believe. I work with quite a number of 2.1 from the South-West. I swear, I go just dey wonder how them carry make their 2.1? But "since them be Yoruba", its OK. Na dem go school and know book pass.

Ogbeni, have you been to Diamond bank? Go there and see how mostly Igbos are employed! Is that discrimination? NO! Why? because they are private businesses and thus, can employ who they choose.

So dude, if you are tired of your job (where ever it may be, probably Lagos), kindly quit and FU.C.K off from Lagos. There are banks in all over the SE! Why come on NL to start preaching hate?

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 1:40am On Apr 30, 2012
jason123:

No mind the ode!

Ogbeni, have you been to Diamond bank? Go there and see how mostly Igbos are employed! Is that discrimination? NO! Why? because they are private businesses and thus, can employ who they choose.

So dude, if you are tired of your job (where ever it may be, probably Lagos), kindly quit and FU.C.K off from Lagos. There are banks in all over the SE! Why come on NL to start preaching hate?

This is also meant for your likes, like Jahman!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 1:40am On Apr 30, 2012
SEastern states have a very high level of literacy. Especially the females!

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 1:43am On Apr 30, 2012
Jmaine sorry that I did not respond to your comment. I knew this thread was going to be hijacked.

@ Adejoro aka Nchara and Bashr4 etc

State is different from ethnicity lets get our facts right here. For all I care OAU might have all Igbo student but the quality again is way higher than many Nigerian universities.

You two are quick to talk about Yoruba down fall, free education this, Igbos have beaten the yoruba etc and all other childish remarks. I am not looking at it from that point of view. I am look at it in terms of standard of education, employment rate of each university and the great professionals those universities have churn out on a yearly bases.

Tell me how many big successive men Nsukka have produced compare to the ones I listed.

The truth is that Nigeria universities are not up to standard but reality remains those universities I alj harem picked are still the best in Nigeria.

Yes if they are, it would directly correlate to the state in which those universities are to be the most educated.

Most educated is not in terms of number of graduates alone but also in terms of quality education which those state/schools have.

If we now move down to Secondary schools, you would find out that those states have the best public and private secondary schools in Nigeria. Especially Lagos quote me anyday.

If it is poly's as well, Ogun has the best poly in Nigeria which is the Agricultural poly in Abeokuta of which other countries send their people to.

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 1:47am On Apr 30, 2012
LOL, I tire for these people sad
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 1:50am On Apr 30, 2012
gbogboti:

I feel u. They have the Punch newspaper so don't be surprise. They know how to make plenty noise about whatever they do. Be it small or great. You think all the First class and 2.1 they litter about were all merited? Lie! This is the secret, they have made all Nigerians believed that they are the most educated. Hence, claim they are the most intelligent. So when they release 200 first class and 3500 2.1 from a single graduating set, you won't question them. Its also a way of watering the soil for them in the labour market. So bro, all na sense and psychology. Is just like the North making you believe that the are more in number compare to any other region in naija. So when they say " we are greater in number" on a census scale you will think twice when u want to question them. All na make believe. I work with quite a number of 2.1 from the South-West. I swear, I go just dey wonder how them carry make their 2.1? But "since them be Yoruba", its OK. Na dem go school and know book pass.

Ogbeni, you wan see diamond bank?

There you go!

The Board of Directors of Diamond Bank is made up of eminent and internationally acclaimed professionals. It is chaired by HRM Igwe Nnaemeka A. Achebe, the Obi of Onitsha. Other members are: Dr. Alex Otti, Chief John Edozien, Mazi Clem Owunna, Mr. Simon Harford, Dr. Olubola A. Hassan, Mr. Chris Ogbechie, Lt. Gen. Jeremiah Useni (rtd), Mr. Ian Greenstreet, Ms. Ngozi Edozien, Mr Barry Thomas, Uzoma Dozie, Oladele Akinyemi, Victor Ezenwoko, Abdulrahman Yinusa and Caroline Anyanwu.

1 or 2 SW,North and SS. The rest, Igbos! Yet, you wouldn't call that discrimination!

Non-Executive Directors
Name Office
HRM, Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe (the Obi of Onitsha) Chairman
Chief John Edozien Director
Mr. Simon Harford Director
Mazi Clem Owunna Director
Dr. Olubola A. Hassan Director
Mr. Chris Ogbechie Director
Lt. Gen. Jeremiah T. Useni Director
Mr. Ian Greenstreet Independent Director
Ms. Ngozi Edozien Independent Director
Mr Barry Thomas Director

[center]
Name Office
Alex Otti
Group Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
Uzoma Dozie Executive Director, Corporate Banking
Oladele Akinyemi Executive Director, Regional Business - North
Victor Ezenwoko Executive Director, Regional Business - South
Abdulrahman Yinusa Executive Director/ Chief Financial Officer
Caroline Anyanwu Executive Director, Risk Management[/center]

Do you guys think we are stupi.d?!

http://www.diamondbank.com/about-us/our-organisation/directors-profile.html
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 1:52am On Apr 30, 2012
gbogboti:

Next time, you keep quiet! Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa discriminate EQUALLY!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 1:52am On Apr 30, 2012
jason123:

Ogbeni, you wan see diamond bank?

There you go!

The Board of Directors of Diamond Bank is made up of eminent and internationally acclaimed professionals. It is chaired by HRM Igwe Nnaemeka A. Achebe, the Obi of Onitsha. Other members are: Dr. Alex Otti, Chief John Edozien, Mazi Clem Owunna, Mr. Simon Harford, Dr. Olubola A. Hassan, Mr. Chris Ogbechie, Lt. Gen. Jeremiah Useni (rtd), Mr. Ian Greenstreet, Ms. Ngozi Edozien, Mr Barry Thomas, Uzoma Dozie, Oladele Akinyemi, Victor Ezenwoko, Abdulrahman Yinusa and Caroline Anyanwu.

1 or 2 SW,North and SS. The rest, Igbos! Yet, you wouldn't call that discrimination!

Non-Executive Directors
Name Office
HRM, Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe (the Obi of Onitsha) Chairman
Chief John Edozien Director
Mr. Simon Harford Director
Mazi Clem Owunna Director
Dr. Olubola A. Hassan Director
Mr. Chris Ogbechie Director
Lt. Gen. Jeremiah T. Useni Director
Mr. Ian Greenstreet Independent Director
Ms. Ngozi Edozien Independent Director
Mr Barry Thomas Director

[center]
Name Office
Alex Otti
Group Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
Uzoma Dozie Executive Director, Corporate Banking
Oladele Akinyemi Executive Director, Regional Business - North
Victor Ezenwoko Executive Director, Regional Business - South
Abdulrahman Yinusa Executive Director/ Chief Financial Officer
Caroline Anyanwu Executive Director, Risk Management[/center]

Do you guys think we are stupi.d?!

http://www.diamondbank.com/about-us/our-organisation/directors-profile.html

Why not show us the Board composition of Intercontinental or Sky or Guarantee Trust Bank. Oloshi Buruku.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 1:54am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: Jmaine sorry that I did not respond to your comment. I knew this thread was going to be hijacked.

@ Adejoro aka Nchara and Bashr4 etc

State is different from ethnicity lets get our facts right here. For all I care OAU might have all Igbo student but the quality again is way higher than many Nigerian universities.

You two are quick to talk about Yoruba down fall, free education this, Igbos have beaten the yoruba etc and all other childish remarks. I am not looking at it from that point of view. I am look at it in terms of standard of education, employment rate of each university and the great professionals those universities have churn out on a yearly bases.

Tell me how many big successive men Nsukka have produced compare to the ones I listed.

The truth is that Nigeria universities are not up to standard but reality remains those universities I alj harem picked are still the best in Nigeria.

Yes if they are, it would directly correlate to the state in which those universities are to be the most educated.

Most educated is not in terms of number of graduates alone but also in terms of quality education which those state/schools have.

If we now move down to Secondary schools, you would find out that those states have the best public and private secondary schools in Nigeria. Especially Lagos quote me anyday.

If it is poly's as well, Ogun has the best poly in Nigeria which is the Agricultural poly in Abeokuta of which other countries send their people to.

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

You be proper Ode. Best in what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.