Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him (32694 Views)

Tinubu Shaken By Fashola’s Threat To Expose Him / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 12, 2012
ZUBY77: I have one silly question to as.. Please someone should help me out.

since otedola never imported any of the susidized products and never collected subsidy money,
HOW ON EARTH DID HE AGREE TO GIVE OUT HIS HARD EARNED 500K DOLLARS ? WHAT WAS HE AIMING TO ACHIEVE?
Read the first post again.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by jmaine: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2012
doctokwus: My take :Otedola wt his companies are complicit in d fuel subsidy scam.He got pissed dat FL& his committee want to meddle in sth dat has bn ongoing,further got pissed @d mention of his comp's name in d initial report,wanted to thus kill d report& nail Fl,offers d bribe mony in a sting operation;Fl like d average corrupt nigerian politician sees it as an avenue to mke fast millions,falls for d bait while keeping some part of d report true to his committee's findings,collects part payment while being video-taped& waits for d rest.Suddenly d scheme is exposed by Otedola who thinks its a straightforward exposee wt video evidence to boot,tips off some nigerian journalists wt monetary incentives.But he doesn't reckon dat Fl is an old fox in d game;d latter,boxed to a corner& about to see his long worked for charade exposed,formulates his own,clearly backdated story,to rope in Otedola,in league wt other committee members,gets equivalent amt of dollars he was given& refuses to release it,knowing fully well,some if not all wud b fd to b unmarked,unlike d 'original' from d SSS/Otedola.
Its a case of 2 thieves trying to outfox each other,with d interest of d nigerian nation not evn in consideration,but basal greed& protection of business/political interest being paramount.

A poor written script . . . . Review your storyline so that it may sell very well undecided
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by kaeto(m): 11:16am On Jun 12, 2012
Ms_Oluchi:
Farouk is just as guilty as Otedola. i pray Nigerians see thru his lies and stupidity. Didn't he just say that neither him nor any of his committee members collected any bribe? He has now changed his story now that he has been out-rightly exposed. He should go and hang himself! shameless man! angry
please madam,its glaringly obvious you've not been following this case. Otedola,on hearing the option of bribe took the case to the sss,the later provided him with video camcoders, voice recorders and ''SERIALISED 620k DOLLAR BILLS'' as bait and undoubting evidence,and you think Otedola is hit, huh?! Educatiön in the north must be refurbished with elevated face lift so as to foster good comprehension for lawan's kids and your likes. Haba! Comon understanding is 'count air' assignment for nigerian illiterate literates.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by oddy4real(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo: When the history of Jonathan presidency will be written, it will be about just one thing: corruption.
GEJ is the most corrupt Nigerian dead and alive. He wears corruption, he drinks corruption, he bathes in corruption, he speaks corruption, he even sleeps with corruption.

He is corrupted soul, body and spirit.

You are not making sense at all.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by LeJeun3: 11:23am On Jun 12, 2012
Watching- as it unfolds! Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2012
oddy4real:
You are not making sense at all.

It's a long saga, more dirty details are still coming, all will be clear to all. shocked
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by informatix: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2012
Why will Otedola Give Bribe if his Zenon wasn't Involved. The Police Memo will be the Only evidence that saved Farouk. Otedola should be Arrested Immediately if FG. Is NOT a Primary school.lol.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by kaeto(m): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2012
Silva79: Pls guys,i went through d list and i saw zenon oil among the names of d offenders. How could he have collected the so called bribe and included d name of his company? And y is otedola bragging bout d so called mess?
you are refering to the first released list that out before Otedola gave lawan the sss seialised $620k bills. After this bucks exchanged hands, the second list was released. Here, forte and zenon oil were no where near,get it?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by kenmusa: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2012
After all, Obj was right in calling them rogues. If not, they should prove otherwise. But why should lawan farouk change his statement from I never collected bribe to later I collected bribe only to expose Otedola. Those evidences provided by Lawan could easily be forged after all.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Alxmyr(m): 11:29am On Jun 12, 2012
ifihearam: If I say I am totally disapppinted in Farouk Lawan its an understatement,that midget is a thief and he even had the audacity to produce an indictment report.

I strongly believe Obj had this before he openly called them rogues,perhaps Otedola went to him with the evidence

If you follow thye story very well, it was Obj that gave the video tape to the Speaker. Who invited Farouk with other leadership of the house.
Farouk denied in the meeting that he had visited or collected bribe from Otedola, he only foot-pedaled when he was informed that what went on was recorded.
For obviuos reasons, Farouk was lying. He called in on Raypower Political Platform program yesterday, and deined ever seeing any money, talkless of collecting it.
He said the video was his caricature. Obviously, when he made that statement, he hads not seen the video himself.
Having heard what he said about the caricature, someone must have shown him the video and try to analyse it to him that no one, if the vido get to the public would believe it was his caricature.
That was the point he realised that he was in deep shit. And change his story.
I expected him to come up with another round of story though, because this story of his, was not properly cooked.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:30am On Jun 12, 2012
I Took Otedola's $500K Bribe To Expose Him - Farouk Lawan

If that's the case then i spent a Night in an Ashawo's house just so i could "tell" her that what she's doing is wrong . grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by informatix: 11:31am On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo: When the history of Jonathan presidency will be written, it will be about just one thing: corruption.
GEJ is the most corrupt Nigerian dead and alive. He wears corruption, he drinks corruption, he bathes in corruption, he speaks corruption, he even sleeps with corruption.

Please show some respect GEJ. Is the presidor GEJ. Himself will NOT be involved in Corruption. If you say them Adoke,Madueke and co. I believe you.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by informatix: 11:33am On Jun 12, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

If that's the case then i spent a Night in an Ashawo's house just so i could "tell" her that what she's doing is wrong . grin grin grin

kai if you make me Burst my Belly Fashola go arrst you for Homicide. Cant stop lauging.looooooooooooool.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Alxmyr(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2012
informatix: Why will Otedola Give Bribe if his Zenon wasn't Involved. The Police Memo will be the Only evidence that saved Farouk. Otedola should be Arrested Immediately if FG. Is NOT a Primary school.lol.

You have not been following the story. Get more information before you comment on sensitive issues.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2012
informatix:

Please show some respect GEJ. Is the presidor GEJ. Himself will NOT be involved in Corruption. If you say them Adoke,Madueke and co. I believe you.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be joking right?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by seyigiggle: 11:37am On Jun 12, 2012
this regime is FRESH AIR OF CORRUPTION

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by olyivy(f): 11:37am On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

-How does that sound like a Joke
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Rheinmetal(m): 11:38am On Jun 12, 2012
Accusations and counter-accusations, blames and counter blames, punches and counter-punches, round houses and mule kicks, so what gives?

So Femi Otedola has suddenly grown a conscience and wants to expose Farouk Lawan and his ilk as the "corrupt legislooters" they are? We already know that the National Assembly is a House of Thieves, he need not bother. Wonders then that his obvious zeal for his fatherland and renewed sense of patriotism did not inform him to blow the whistle on Lawan until the probe report was published? Or did Mr. Lawan collect the bribe yesterday? His actions are tantamount to trying to discredit the umpire after the game and thereby nullify its results. At least Arunma Oteh had the good sense to 'rat out' Herman Hermbe while the SEC probe was on-going, and another was appointed in his stead to complete the exercise. More than Lawan's actions, Otedola's motives are quite ulterior.

I don't care much for either Lawan or Otedola, but I have a good sense to which of the duo would be happier if the Fuel Subsidy scammers never get to see the inside of a court room.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Alxmyr(m): 11:39am On Jun 12, 2012

since otedola never imported any of the susidized products and never collected subsidy money,
HOW ON EARTH DID HE AGREE TO GIVE OUT HIS HARD EARNED 500K DOLLARS ? WHAT WAS HE AIMING TO ACHIEVE?

Well the question is silly. But read Otedola's version of the story, he explained why he was furious with Farouk's committee and was advised by SSS to play along.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by princeFAD: 11:40am On Jun 12, 2012
informatix: Why will Otedola Give Bribe if his Zenon wasn't Involved. The Police Memo will be the Only evidence that saved Farouk. Otedola should be Arrested Immediately if FG. Is NOT a Primary school.lol.
It obvious that you hv not been following the storyline from the onset.
Otedola didnt give his own dollars to Farouk.The money he gave to Farouk is a serialised dollar notes given to Otedola by SS to track Farouk.You shud note that Otedola contacted the SS from the onset when the pressure on him from Farouk to pay bribe to remove his companies from the companies indicted was too much.SS advised Otedola to play along and they gave him serialsed dollar notes,video and voice recorder
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by princeFAD: 11:41am On Jun 12, 2012

Otedola didnt give his own dollars to Farouk.The money he gave to Farouk is a serialised dollar notes given to Otedola by SS to track Farouk.You shud note that Otedola contacted the SS from the onset when the pressure on him from Farouk to pay bribe to remove his companies from the companies indicted was too much.SS advised Otedola to play along and they gave him serialsed dollar notes,video and voice recorder
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by deenee: 11:41am On Jun 12, 2012
Bullocks! If he took the bribe to expose the corrupt marketers, why did it take him seven weeks to bring the money out as evidence? Why did he deny the allegation vehemently when the speaker House of rep Hon. Tanbuwal confronted him and he later accepted mildly after watching the ill fated video footage?

It is on record that Zenon deals with diesel which is not subsidized. So who is fooling who? There are records and call logs of several conversations that he has with Femi Otedola also submitted as evidence which implicate him in the whole issue. More so, the operation was carried out by SSS operative, and yet the SSS chief has claimed "ignorance" of the whole sting. Yet again, Nigeria is back at "square one" whilst we are busy tearing ourselves down and taking sides blindly along ethnic and tribal lines!

I am not holding sway for both parties because quite frankly, I think that we would be better off if both of them and their cohorts fade into oblivion but personally, I believe that there is a bigger picture and hidden motive in the whole fiasco. Let's watch as the events unfold. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by porryred(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2012
omo this season film go long gan o.omo make d sss talk or make dem release the season 1 video with em make we nigerians start from there.abi dem wan sweep d matter under carpet as usual?no long thing.as they say video evidence pass paper evidence.na from d foetus our unborn pikin don dey know corruption...naija for life sha
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by tuaregx(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2012
Bad news : farouk lawan collected the bribe. Good news: he his now qualified to run for president under the pdp platform
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by princeFAD: 11:42am On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

Good question. He was used to destroy the subsidy report.

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by oddy4real(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

u are a waste of space. do u have any reasonable reason to link GEJ to all these?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 12, 2012
olyivy:
-How does that sound like a Joke

How does GEJ being president rule out being corrupt?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 12, 2012
oddy4real:
u are a waste of space. do u have any reasonable reason to link GEJ to all these?

GEJ is corrupt soul, body and spirit

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by tawa89(f): 11:45am On Jun 12, 2012
[quote author=bayooooooo]When the history of Jonathan presidency will be written, it will be about just one thing: corruption.

Pure genius......great theory
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Freestyl(m): 11:45am On Jun 12, 2012
Both of them are corrupt! *end of story*
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 12, 2012
prince FAD:

Farouk Lawan is a thief. Agreed.

But blackmail does not exist without complicity. You get it?

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by oddy4real(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

GEJ is corrupt soul, body and spirit
GEJ is corrupt? how?? do u have an instance or concrete proof you cant just make wild allegations you cant substantiate because u have unlimited access to the internet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators / Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix / Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.