Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779524 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
londoner: ^^^Thank you Cjrane. I'm likely to go to Enugu from Abuja, as I plan to be in Abuja at the end of the year for a vacation. Will try and stop off in Calabar for the carnival too.
Bros, you sabi enjoy o! grin
Safe trip.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by londoner: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
cjrane:
Bros, you sabi enjoy o! grin
Safe trip.

Yeah, that's the plan........I'm a sis by the way

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
Another new estate in Enugu, details and pictures later grin

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
A private housing revolution is happening in Enugu now

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hundreds of homes being built by private developers for sale to prospective home owners.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
No 10 Downing Street will have nothing on those houses

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
I am planning something big, I want to float a housing estate in Enugu. Details coming soonest. .......

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
spyder880:

This is a fact, UNN may not be the most sought after, but its not due to the universities dwindling education qualities, its because nobody wants to waste all his years waiting and wishing to be admitted into UNN. You have to be very bright to seek admission in UNN or else you are only dreaming. Because educational standards had fallen over the years in our secondary schools, realistic applicants seek ESUT, IMSU, UNIZIK and other universities instead of wasting their time dreaming of UNN.

As a teenager, I wrote JAMB and applied to read Law, I scored well and UNN was my first choice, they gave me Philosophy! (I didn't want to read that course so I sat at home) Their cut off mark was adjusted upwards after so many people from all over the nation/Africa are trying to enter the school.
I missed one year because ESUT ignored me and didnt give me law since I used them as my second choice, these days, people who know they may not make it into UNN just apply elsewhere.
thank you big brother!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
spyder880: Hundreds of homes being built by private developers for sale to prospective home owners.

Great estate! I hope Igbos in the north seize all these opportunity to have a home in the southeast before the coming pogrom of those who stubbornly refused to leave the north.

I am highly interested in seeing this estate transformed with trees and flowers to resemble Shell camp PH. They say only "Oyibo" people understand the importance of flowers and a conducive environment to their lives, but I think we Africans must begin to create beautiful housing estate-communities with plenty of trees and flowers too.

If only the developers will remember that a home isn't just about joining blocks with cement and putting a corrugated sheet over it as roof.
A home is very importantly " a conducive environment that allows families and communities to thrive in peace with nature"
Therefore planting flowers and trees around each house in that estate will convert it from looking like a prison camp in a residential shell-camp like community.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nextexcel: 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
spyder880: Hundreds of homes being built by private developers for sale to prospective home owners.
@spyder is that estate the one at nsukka army barracks?if yes then ur close to my fathers house.happy seeing u showcase unn especially my hostel here,nice effort that worth some drink.as your plan progress i could develop interest so let it be open sir.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
spyder880: I am planning something big, I want to float a housing estate in Enugu. Details coming soonest. .......

Here we go.....

https://www.nairaland.com/1830688/tigerkenn-homes-property-development-initiative

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
chinolization: Just look at this dunce. Do you know the stigma that graduates bearing Enugu certificate including those from ESUT, IMT even you so called UNN go through during NYSC? Do you even know how they treat average ESUT or IMT graduates out there? I am ever ready to expose this rot and under performance by Enugu based schools if you push your luck too far!

The fact which you cannot hide is that UNN has sunk and it is presently ranked among ESUT, IMT etc..

The only thing going for UNN at the moment is its name and nothing more, every other thing in the school including academic excellence are far gone from the school. Remove that name today it will not be different from ESUT.

I will like ndi ofe to come and be our judge. Bring it on..

please don't say that UNN is living on past glory again cause i can authoritatively assure you that the present generation of LIONS and LIONESSES would be a force to reckon with in the nearest future. Nigeria education is bad, but i think there are schools that are thriving in the system despite all odds (which UNN is part of such schools). To be sincere your argument is devoid of facts and its also illogical.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
spyder880: And as I drove out to find our daily bread. ........ "Daddy bye bye, come back on time"

I can't imagine how life would have been boring, without my family.
wow! I never knew you had such lovely kids, even up to four. I pray almighty God bless you with the resource to take good care of them all! ...they would always make you smile like their smiles in that pix. Amen!

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
nextexcel: @spyder is that estate the one at nsukka army barracks?if yes then ur close to my fathers house.happy seeing u showcase unn especially my hostel here,nice effort that worth some drink.as your plan progress i could develop interest so let it be open sir.
Nah, Vyvian estate is near Elim estate. Along the new Nike road connecting Enugu to Nsukka. Both estates are being financed with federal Govt loan in partnership with private developers.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
The dilapidated condition of this monument is an eyesore. I will go into the teaching hospital to see the state of things, there.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
spyder880: The dilapidated condition of this monument is an eyesore. I will go into the teaching hospital to see the state of things, there.
they are results of flying cars grin
Instead of slowing down and exercising patience, they prefer to do F1 tongue
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
This seems to be a new building, I don't think it was part of the original structures built by Chimaroke Nnamani.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
Some of the older buildings in the teaching hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
ESUT teaching hospital, Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Conducive atmosphere for training health workers.

Can you imagine these guys, heaping a trip of sand right on top of flowers?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
Around the school

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hospital car park.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
Is there no pipe borne water running in the hospital? Why the numerous tanks?

Eswama has a good presence in the hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
I will take a break, who cares for roasted yam with fresh palm oil? Vegetables, onions, ukpaka and pepper. grin

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by gabbytabby: 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
spyder880: I will take a break, who cares for roasted yam with fresh palm oil? Vegetables, onions, ukpaka and pepper. grin
oga spyder I like as you they show the young men say he that findet a woman that is the bone of his bone findet a good thing.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DeCritique(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
Uncle Spyder, ndewo! Please I'll be visiting Enugu quite soon, New Haven to be precise. I don't know if you can give me the names of any hotels around the area with not too expensive rates and a little idea of how the rates would be like. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
DeCritique: Uncle Spyder, ndewo! Please I'll be visiting Enugu quite soon, New Haven to be precise. I don't know if you can give me the names of any hotels around the area with not too expensive rates and a little idea of how the rates would be like. Thanks

Hotel de Himalayas, Nondon and white leaf will do you well, there are countless others but am not sure of the rates.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
gabbytabby: oga spyder I like as you they show the young men say he that findet a woman that is the bone of his bone findet a good thing.

Thank you sister, where have you been all these while, did you take a trip to relax at Ibiza? grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
If there is any city in Nigeria that comes very close to Abuja planning is Enugu City especially with their street roads and modern beautiful estates. One can easily mistake this Enugu street shots and houses as some where in Abuja. I'm from Calabar and travel a lot within Nigeria, will tell you Enugu City is the most underrated city in Nigeria. The city is beautiful, modern and has great potential

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by londoner: 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
^^^^^ Maybe these developers are the same Igbo developers responsible for some of the houses/hotels in Abuja. They also need to invest and design greenery to compliment those streets and estates.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
new2020: If there is any city in Nigeria that comes very close to Abuja planning is Enugu City especially with their street roads and modern beautiful estates. One can easily mistake this Enugu street shots and houses as some where in Abuja. I'm from Calabar and travel a lot within Nigeria, will tell you Enugu City is the most underrated city in Nigeria. The city is beautiful, modern and has great potential

Hmm, I thought Calabar was better planned than Enugu (anyway, I've only been there once, in 2003).

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DeCritique(m): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
spyder880:

Hotel de Himalayas, Nondon and white leaf will do you well, there are countless others but am not sure of the rates.

I don't want you to be sure. I just want an estimate of per night rates

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.