Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782121 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880:

Poor man must drive on the smooth road na?
yea,thanks with the pics btw

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880: Driving into our airport. .......

You promised pictures of the new terminal building, remember this.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
HappyJoe:

You promised pictures of the new terminal building, remember this.

I have them, just keep money available in case olokpa come carry me.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
The airport building now, looking well kept and maintained.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
They are still working as at this evening.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by waternogetenemy: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880: They are still working as at this evening.

Dat is a beast of a building. It will look really good if they keep to the original design.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
Another view from another angle.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880: They are still working as at this evening.

Thanks a million.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
ANAMMCO training centre, Enugu.

Mercedes trucks produced by ANAMMCO on display in Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880: ANAMMCO training centre, Enugu.

Mercedes trucks produced by ANAMMCO on display in Enugu.

^^^Can someone tell me if ANNAMCO is still assembling trucks and buses at this factory; and who are the major shareholders?

The PAN factory in Kaduna is still in operation, and they both started at the same time!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:26am On Aug 02, 2014
spyder880: Proper road markings, road signs and traffic lights.

Enugu is truly Obodo oyibo! COMPLETE!!!
No Nigerian city, except perhaps Abuja is in it's class.

Please, beg Sullivan that a flyover is needed at Abakpa junction to easily transition traffic coming from Onitsha -Enugu expressway into the Abakaliki expressway without undue hindrance which is the case now.

Oga Spyder, abeg help champion the campaign , to bring Chime's attention to at least build a good roundabout at Abakpa junction by the 82 Div. gate. The last time I was going to the airport,there was a lot of traffic at this junction. Three major dual carriage ways meet at that junction! The Abakaliki road which is a busy road in the coal city, the Enugu-Onitsha expressway and the Abakaliki expressway. We should not wait on the Federal government since Abakaliki road is also on that junction.Besides, it could be built and reimbursement sought later from the FG like many states have done.

We need a massive roundabout at the Abakpa junction, not just to ease traffic, but complete with art work sculptures showcasing the history of Enugu. So that even passersby,or even tourists visiting the city for the first time from the airport will know this is truly a great city that has a pulse and soul when they see the magnificent beauty of the massive roundabout.

I volunteer a sketch of how the roundabout could be designed.Of course, the one in Enugu must include sculptures and colorful flowers ooo!
Una already know say, I want our people to imbibe obodo oyibo habit of planting flowers and trees along major roads to bring our cities to world class standard.grin.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:59am On Aug 02, 2014
^^^ my brother, you have a good point there but the road I think we need most in Enugu is the one that shoulds de congest the Nike axis. The two roads leading to Nike, the one running through Abakpa and the other one starting from Penoks junction to Nowas, and from Nowas to T-junction and all the way to join the Nike-Opi Nsukka road are all being overused. Traffic jams are a common thing everyday there.

This is so because of the heavy movement of people to build and develop lands around Ibagwa, Amorji, Edem and all the way to Ugwuogo Nike areas, enugu is pushing rapidly into those towns and the government are not reacting fast enough. I must praise Sullivan for the new road passing through Abakpa to Opi-Nsukka, but it's not enough.

I advocate a new road, a broad road that will tear from another junction altogether, if am the one planning it, I will want a new road to lead from around NEPA office at Oshimiri street/RCC site all on the Enugu-Onitsha express area. I will tear this road into Trans Ekulu area and link it to Sani Abacha road in Trans Ekulu (phase 6) I will stretch it from Phase 6 straight till it will enter Abor in Udi local government, creating a heavy development there, and an alternative road to enter or leave Enugu city, cutting off Onyeama road for heavy trucks and Ninth mile.

I will also like this same road to form a junction around New GRA and cut back into Enugu, either to come through the back of the Enugu east Local government joining the road leading to Opi-Nsukka at Nkwo Nike junction. This will bring serious development to those areas like New GRA, Nike, Abor, Ukana, Ngwo and Okpatu etc. It will deepen Enugu and de congest the existing and over stressed Nike roads.

The picture below is of Nike lake road, around the timber shed, blocked with traffic this morning.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2014
O boy this our airport is making great sense oooooooo. I wish our Governor will beg the Federal govt to allow him design the airport environments. We need five star hotel, Shopping mall and other things that will make the city a great one. Also the airport road should be closed after the airport so that those gooing to Emene and other environs can use another road. This will make it easy for agents to monitor the security aroound the airport. Tree planting is very good for the city of Enugu. I really looked forward to landing at the new terminal God's grace. Imagine British airways, Emirates, KLM, SAA and other airline landing direct. Will look forward to that time. Till then, let's continue to patronize Ethiopian airline. They have saved us a lot of money and stress. More Airport pix still needed here

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
I don't like this. .......the authorities should quickly repair the road around Chris Chemists bus stop between old park and Holy ghost area.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
The rails for our roads are getting dirty after the rains and splashing of water by moving vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nnewi1stSon: 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
henrychubayo: O boy this our airport is making great sense oooooooo. I wish our Governor will beg the Federal govt to allow him design the airport environments. We need five star hotel, Shopping mall and other things that will make the city a great one. Also the airport road should be closed after the airport so that those gooing to Emene and other environs can use another road. This will make it easy for agents to monitor the security aroound the airport. Tree planting is very good for the city of Enugu. I really looked forward to landing at the new terminal God's grace. Imagine British airways, Emirates, KLM, SAA and other airline landing direct. Will look forward to that time. Till then, let's continue to patronize Ethiopian airline. They have saved us a lot of money and stress. More Airport pix still needed here
The Airport road in MMIA has a toll for those who wish to use, the revenue accrued is used to maintain the road, it wouldnt be a bad idea if AIIA took cue from that!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
Approaching Ogui junction, the commercial vehicles are causing some slight delay at this junction.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Calculia: 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
spyder880: The rails for our roads are getting dirty after the rains and splashing of water by moving vehicles.

The should have been black with silver used only at juctions or cross roads well paved.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Calculia: 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
Flower pot could be used as decoration for the rails at the airport. They too should be black so they don't get dirty and the surrounding area well paved.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
spyder880: I don't like this. .......the authorities should quickly repair the road around Chris Chemists bus stop between old park and Holy ghost area.

Thank you Sir for bringing these roads to the government's attention. This road around Chris chemist around old park has always been bad even when I was a teenager in Enugu.I remember when an Abakaliki bound bus almost killed me while on Okada there, just because they were dodging bad portions of that road and trying to reach old park in a hurry.
Now that i have seen and learned great things, I can tell you that without massive gutters around that road, it will always breakdown again even if they fix it now.

They must award the rehabilitation contract to include massive gutters to take away the run-off water, if not they are just wasting money because it will return to the same state after a few rains.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
spyder880: The rails for our roads are getting dirty after the rains and splashing of water by moving vehicles.

Oga Spyder, is there really a reason to put those rails by the roadside anyway; instead of using heavy concrete dividers like in Obodo...
It does not make economical sense to me.. it cannot even server as a barriers for vehicles. Enugu is really trying, my brother.. how I wish other States can emulate this improvements.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: The Airport road in MMIA has a toll for those who wish to use, the revenue accrued is used to maintain the road, it wouldnt be a bad idea if AIIA took cue from that!
U are on point brother. Tolls will make less traffic toward the airport road.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2014

^^^I never really warmed to those railings! Looks a bit too contrived and pretentious to me!

They also need to repaint those black and white stripes as they're getting a bit too dusty!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
For the first time, am seeing the seriousness of federal Govt to give us a reputable international terminal. This is great news. The photos from spyder shows how solid and durable the work that is going on there. Imagine what would have happened to this airport if Stella was still on seat? Chidioka our new minister, do wat is necessary to arrange your backyard very well. Do not mind what people will say. Do the needful in South east Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Calculia: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
henrychubayo: For the first time, am seeing the seriousness of federal Govt to give us a reputable international terminal. This is great news. The photos from spyder shows how solid and durable the work that is going on there. Imagine what would have happened to this airport if Stella was still on seat? Chidioka our new minister, do wat is necessary to arrange your backyard very well. Do not mind what people will say. Do the needful in South east Enugu.

I pray this Chidioka is not a mumu to think that Ministrial position is permanent. Whilst on seat, anything u don't get in a day out of that office is a waste of a day and can easily be a waste of a week and month to a year and a tenure.

Kindly see to it Enugu international and local airport is completed with a befitting interior finishing and surrounding environment. Then ur tenure would have made a difference and we can never forget u.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
Calculia:

I pray this Chidioka is not a mumu to think that Ministrial position is permanent. Whilst on seat, anything u don't get in a day out of that office is a waste of a day and can easily be a waste of a week and month to a year and a tenure.

Kindly see to it Enugu international and local airport is completed with a befitting interior finishing and surrounding environment. Then ur tenure would have made a difference and we can never forget u.
. You are right. We need to remember him the way we do stella. He needs to start his charity from home. He should not imagine what others will say. Enugu airport is ours.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder, is there really a reason to put those rails by the roadside anyway; instead of using heavy concrete dividers like in Obodo...
It does not make economical sense to me.. it cannot even server as a barriers for vehicles. Enugu is really trying, my brother.. how I wish other States can emulate this improvements.

Hajji M.

You are right, I think the promoter of the idea sold it to the government on the point of the beauty only, without considering the safety implications.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: The Airport road in MMIA has a toll for those who wish to use, the revenue accrued is used to maintain the road, it wouldnt be a bad idea if AIIA took cue from that!
AIIA have toll, but you know Nigerian factor, remittance and appropriation is poorly managed.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

i also complained about those rails. They may look nice now but they will turn nasty by the time they get smashed by cars, no thanks to our poor maintenance culture.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
spyder880: I don't like this. .......the authorities should quickly repair the road around Chris Chemists bus stop between old park and Holy ghost area.
quite ugly. But i think they are about to repair it.
That part of the road was damaged by water cooperation while they were laying pipes and since then it hasn't been repaired.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
cjrane:

Thank you Sir for bringing these roads to the government's attention. This road around Chris chemist around old park has always been bad even when I was a teenager in Enugu.I remember when an Abakaliki bound bus almost killed me while on Okada there, just because they were dodging bad portions of that road and trying to reach old park in a hurry.
Now that i have seen and learned great things, I can tell you that without massive gutters around that road, it will always breakdown again even if they fix it now.

They must award the rehabilitation contract to include massive gutters to take away the run-off water, if not they are just wasting money because it will return to the same state after a few rains.
the break down wasn't actually from poor drainage but the handwork of Water Cooperation while they were laying pipes.

Recall how water used to log around enugu north headquarter, along that same road, just before old park. The same size of gutters were used along that road, if it was drainage issue, then water log wouldn't have disappeared around the enugu north area.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by awodman: 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Impressed with the pictures of the current state of the new terminal building am seeing...am just grinning sheepishly here...Nwanne spyder thanks for the good work!

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.