Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786153 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Handsomegod: @Spyder.For the 3rd time today,I ask that you create a thread for Anambra state.Remember I asked it as a favour.Don't forget. Good day!

My brothers may punch me in the nose.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
They sell everything imaginable. ......fresh, I bought octopus meat today cheesy

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Fried fish, very tasty. ......

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 9:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
spyder880:

. Ur brothers? What was dat? You once created one before d NL crash re "Anambra,Home of Heroes" if am not mistaken? Kindly resurrect it if you can still trace it or recreate it as well.Am absolutely sure my request represent the wishe of all the progressives on this forum as I recal many placing same request. Time to divest our energy and attention! Please fire on!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo17: 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
I have seen 2 people I know from these pics, a guy and a girl. The last guy on white is my top man, I just called the him to confirm if he was at Shoprite Enugu today.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
cjrane:

O'l boy you are not qualified to criticize Chino. You are MORE GUILTY of exactly the same sin of being a loose canon firing against friends and foes at the same time.
You may be even worse because I have NEVER observed you give ndi ofe or abo.kis the same virulent attacks you have specialized against Ndi-Anambra and that state. At least Chino will defend Enugu if the virulent attack comes from Ab.oki or onye Ofe. Just like his posting this morning warning that "the termites were here, when onye-ofe was trying to diss Enugu mall using some pics. of Ibadan mall." At least Chino will never join them against any part of Igboland, but that cannot be said of you if the attack is specifically against something in Anambra. So save us your fake preaching.

Chino truly misses the point and misfires sometimes attacking his own, out of a "forgivable" naively misplaced judgement of where his interests lie.He still cannot comprehend how a good thing in the SE outside the borders of his Anambra can be beneficial to his state. On the other hand,your interests are mostly decidedly against all Igbo states not controlled by APC.

Chino is the one giving that false impression of me being against Anambra because I sometimes fire back when his attacks get much. All in all, if you're able to study the situations involved you'll realize that I'd rather open a fresh thread for our debate than derail a good thread. Another reason for the ill perception is because I don't support the lies of Igbo being from Nri which angered some people from that area peddling the falsehood over the years.

I fought the ethnic battle when I was younger and still fight it to the fullest now. I just don't like playing ethnicity or religious intolerance as that is not in the best of Igbo interest. Every thing I do, its Igbo interest 1st and then our coexistence with other Nigerians. Most importantly is the need to be sincere and truthful all the time. Notice that inspite of all my rejection of Theodore Orji, I never join other Igbos in posting bad images of Aba. The reason is because those pictures are later used against us by others and we all know fully well that the pictures were taken in selected bad areas.

As for this thread I've been a supporter of the thread. At a point a false moniker "abagworro" was created to paint me in bad light.

https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/63

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
When I asked them what this was and they said its strips from an octopus, I said "give me some of them"

You don't have to live on top of the ocean to enjoy ocean food grin

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
spyder880:

Spyder, Dike anyi ji aga mba, anyi ji chukwu ario gi!

You know all these people talking here are in faraway Maiduguri, Maputo or even Malaysia. They have no way of getting any recent Anambra pictures except it is on the internet or recently posted by a Nigerian newspaper. grin grin

Do it and support it with pictures of good things happening there. Let those that don't like it hug transformer. grin grin grin
Personally, I shall cite this post to prove how we all begged you to do it. As well as cite previous posts where so many noise makers said Capital NO to previous appeals to open a thread for that great SE state. Although we know why they said no was because they were actually posting from Bujumbura or Bangui and had no way of supporting the thread.

Biko, ezigbo nwa afo Igbo, do it for the sake of Igbo prosperity. Afterall, ndi ara nile no ebea may even be ndi-ofe, grin grin grin grin grin the way people have ofe-sounding monikers these days. grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
cjrane:

Spyder, Dike anyi ji aga mba, anyi ji chukwu ario gi!

You know all these people talking here are in faraway Maiduguri, Maputo or even Malaysia. They have no way of getting any recent Anambra pictures except it is on the internet or recently posted by a Nigerian newspaper. grin grin

Do it and support it with pictures of good things happening there. Let those that don't like it hug transformer. grin grin grin
Personally, I shall cite this post to prove how we all begged you to do it. As well as cite previous posts where so many noise makers said Capital NO to previous appeals to open a thread for that great SE state. Although we know why they said no was because they were actually posting from Bujumbura or Bangui and had no way of supporting the thread.

Biko, ezigbo nwa afo Igbo, do it for the sake of Igbo prosperity. Afterall, ndi ara nile no ebea may even be ndi-ofe, grin grin grin grin grin the way people have ofe-sounding monikers. grin

I love Anambra State and respect the wealth of knowledge and industrious disposition of the people. I have many friends, relatives and business partners, associates from Anambra. I will create some time to gather materials to open the thread for Anambra as time permits. We are one people with only one destiny.

Alaigbo mmamma nu!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
And the boys will always help you cart your goods to the car after shopping.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
More pictures of Enugu taken today.

14 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
Celebrities, Froyo bay.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
Some surrounding areas. .......

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
More. .....

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
Abagworo:

Chino is the one giving that false impression of me being against Anambra because I sometimes fire back when his attacks get much. All in all, if you're able to study the situations involved you'll realize that I'd rather open a fresh thread for our debate than derail a good thread. Another reason for the ill perception is because I don't support the lies of Igbo being from Nri which angered some people from that area peddling the falsehood over the years.

I fought the ethnic battle when I was younger and still fight it to the fullest now. I just don't like playing ethnicity or religious intolerance as that is not in the best of Igbo interest. Every thing I do, its Igbo interest 1st and then our coexistence with other Nigerians. Most importantly is the need to be sincere and truthful all the time. Notice that inspite of all my rejection of Theodore Orji, I never join other Igbos in posting bad images of Aba. The reason is because those pictures are later used against us by others and we all know fully well that the pictures were taken in selected bad areas.

As for this thread I've been a supporter of the thread. At a point a false moniker "abagworro" was created to paint me in bad light.

https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/63

Thank you for replying to my post. I'm glad I'm able to respond to you again after such a long time.
You and Chino drove me away from the Owerri thread.

It was really heart breaking to read what you guys hauled at each other day in day out.
I suspect Rochas also read that thread because he once almost quoted your virulent type of language when he said "Anambra people were the worst trouble with Igboland". Many Imo people promptly and vigorously protested such blanket statement against a group of Ndigbo. Afterall, if Rochas is an Orlu man, what is the difference in Igbo dialect, culture or tradition between an Uli /Ihiala man to an Orlu man, except the pencil line where Murtala Muhammed decided to call a border between Anambra and Imo?
I took care to notice you did not find anything wrong with that statement. So to save my further heartache, i unfollowed that thread and stopped contributing there. I also silently became anti-Rochas having understood he had no integrity. I realized that Rochas would kill, sell,betray or do any vice against Ndigbo if he felt that prospered his political chances at being Vee Pee for APC.
I was shocked that you and Chino soon got tired at hauling mud at each other after so many people stopped viewing the thread. grin

For me, I heard Igbos came from Lokoja! I don't know those old enough to have been taught that. The important thing is that we have been identified as Igbo and our geographic coordinates correspond to SE Nigeria.
There are very mean people out there who hate us vehemently for no other reason than being born Igbo. I respect many fellow Nigerians because they too oppose the hatred and oppression of Igbo in Nigeria, but it does not change the fact on the ground.Just like the fact that many white people in USA oppose racism against black people does not mean the reality on the ground has changed. So, I applaud your decision not to play ethnic politics, i think it's ok. As for me, i have seen things in Nigeria that has made me lose faith in it.

As racism is a reality nobody wants to talk about in USA is tribalism is a reality of life in Nigeria. Infact, Part of Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aguiyi Ironsi's mistakes were that they opted to play ostrich and overlook that reality. Tragically in Ironsi's case, behaved as though it didn't exist nor matter in choosing his personal security detail. So, Personally, i forbid myself or my descendants make such fatal error of omission again. i have accepted tribalism as a system that will outlive us all. As long as Nigeria ask people to list their state of origin on a piece of paper as a condition to be employed or receive service, so will tribalism continue whether we like it or not.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
spyder880: Even to pay for your goods, you have to stand in line for an average of fifteen minutes.

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

This will shut that knobhead up! angry

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
spyder880:

I love Anambra State and respect the wealth of knowledge and industrious disposition of the people. I have many friends, relatives and business partners, associates from Anambra. I will create some time to gather materials to open the thread for Anambra as time permits. We are one people with only one destiny.

Alaigbo mmamma nu!

that's y I like u

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 10:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
spyder880: More pictures of Enugu taken today.

Nna, Biko just see the layout of coal city!

Allah!, even Berlin does not have a better panoramic view! grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
spyder880:

Alaigbo mmamma nu!

Spyder, I bu odogwu!

I must see you one of these days when i enter coal city !

Thank you very much Sir!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
cjrane:

Thank you for replying to my post. I'm glad I'm able to respond to you again after such a long time.

It was really heart breaking to read what you guys hauled at each other day in day out.
I suspect Rochas also read that thread because he once almost quoted your virulent type of language when he said "Anambra people were the worst trouble with Igboland". Many Imo people promptly and vigorously protested such blanket statement against a group of Ndigbo. Afterall, if Rochas is an Orlu man, what is the difference in Igbo dialect, culture or tradition between an Uli /Ihiala man to an Orlu man, except the pencil line where Murtala Muhammed decided to call a border between Anambra and Imo?
I took care to notice you did not find anything wrong with that statement. So to save my further heartache, i unfollowed that thread and stopped contributing there. I also silently became anti-Rochas having understood he had no integrity. I realized that Rochas would kill, sell,betray or do any vice against Ndigbo if he felt that prospered his political chances at being Vee Pee for APC.
I was shocked that you and Chino soon got tired at hauling mud at each other after so many people stopped viewing the thread. grin

For me, I heard Igbos came from Lokoja! I don't know those old enough to have been taught that. The important thing is that we have been identified as Igbo and our geographic coordinates correspond to SE Nigeria.
There are very mean people out there who hate us vehemently for no other reason than being born Igbo. I respect many fellow Nigerians because they too oppose the hatred and oppression of Igbo in Nigeria, but it does not change the fact on the ground.Just like the fact that many white people in USA oppose racism against black people does not mean the reality on the ground has changed. So, I applaud your decision not to play ethnic politics, i think it's ok. As for me, i have seen things in Nigeria that has made me lose faith in it.

As racism is a reality nobody wants to talk about in USA is tribalism is a reality of life in Nigeria. Infact, Part of Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aguiyi Ironsi's mistakes were that they opted to play ostrich and overlook that reality. Tragically in Ironsi's case, behaved as though it didn't exist nor matter in choosing his personal security detail. So, Personally, i forbid myself or my descendants make such fatal error of omission again. i have accepted tribalism as a system that will outlive us all. As long as Nigeria ask people to list their state of origin on a piece of paper as a condition to be employed or receive service, so will tribalism continue whether we like it or not.

He just knows how to say these things
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
I trust Chime will deliver another state of the art facility in this diagnostic centre but my worry is that it's taking ages to complete...I took these pictures today.

I think another big diagnostic centre is also being built inside UNEC.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
Good night my people.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
cjrane:

Rochas made that statement with respect to Peter Obi and he said some Anambra leaders and not all Anambra people. After all Ngige and a lot of Anambra people are working with Rochas. The truth is that Peter Obi was puting Jonathan's ambition ahead of Igbo ambition. Not only Peter Obi but a lot of politically naïve Igbos that don't realize the need to stand your ground and have a universal stake like Yorubas or Northerners that are everywhere as leaders in both PDP and APC. The thread "Few pics from Imo" was a thread to showcase Imo State and not a thread for mudslinging. Chino came there just like he did here to derail it and I endured but at the end gave him a dose of the heat.

Even till this day, anytime a picture is posted on that thread, they'll come up and start talking about Rochas as if Imo State is Rochas. Rochas is only the present Governor adding his own quota to development and will leave when his tenure completes. It is same with every other place.

I also advice you as an Igbo man to stop being fooled by Jonathan. As at today no road works or any of the things promised has been fulfilled by his administration. He promised to fulfill them before 2015 but today all the federal roads in the Southeast are still at snail pace progress. The Niger bridge is still a dream. In fact infrastructurally nothing can be pin-pointed as completed or rapidly progressing.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Abagworo:

Rochas made that statement with respect to Peter Obi and he said some Anambra leaders and not all Anambra people. After all Ngige and a lot of Anambra people are working with Rochas. The truth is that Peter Obi was puting Jonathan's ambition ahead of Igbo ambition. Not only Peter Obi but a lot of politically naïve Igbos that don't realize the need to stand your ground and have a universal stake like Yorubas or Northerners that are everywhere as leaders in both PDP and APC. The thread "Few pics from Imo" was a thread to showcase Imo State and not a thread for mudslinging. Chino came there just like he did here to derail it and I endured but at the end gave him a dose of the heat.

Even till this day, anytime a picture is posted on that thread, they'll come up and start talking about Rochas as if Imo State is Rochas. Rochas is only the present Governor adding his own quota to development and will leave when his tenure completes. It is same with every other place.

I also advice you as an Igbo man to stop being fooled by Jonathan. As at today no road works or any of the things promised has been fulfilled by his administration. He promised to fulfill them before 2015 but today all the federal roads in the Southeast are still at snail pace progress. The Niger bridge is still a dream. In fact infrastructurally nothing can be pin-pointed as completed or rapidly progressing.

Bros,
Forget Jonathan, even if PDP makes a Cameroonian their aspirant, Igbos will vote for him because the APC has given them no choice

APC intentionally became hostile and sidelined Igbos in their silly belief they do not need Igbo to win. What they forgot was that as much as 2006 census was fake, Igbos reside in significant numbers outside the southeast. If APC had made the slightest effort to disregard men like Kwankwaso & El Rufai and gone ahead to court Igbo as advised by Ribadu, they will be at least sure of 25% in all the SE states. Those numbers could be decisive if they have a tight race elsewhere.

APC has made it obvious that it is a party determined to deal ruthlessly with the Igbo people of Nigeria. Rochas said what he said in order to please them that he is anti-Igbo. Amaechi even announced openly that he is not Igbo to please them. (Not to say Amaechi was ever Igbo). But Amaechi forgets that those that voted him into office are 50% ethnic Igbo! What a fool! There is a reason why GEJ emphasize his middle name "Ebele" to gain the confidence of every Nigerian.Even OBJ knew that much.
Anyhow, as much as i don't like Rochas, if you made him Presidential aspirant of APC, I WILL VOTE FOR HIM.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 6:43am On Sep 15, 2014
centje: I trust Chime will deliver another state of the art facility in this diagnostic centre but my worry is that it's taking ages to complete...I took these pictures today.

The problem was that the local contractors who were earlier given the contract messed up big time.

Arab contractors had to be drafted in to rescue the project.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2014
signz:

The problem was that the local contractors who were earlier given the contract messed up big time.

Arab contractors had to be drafted in to rescue the project.
Too bad for our local companies. And that's how we keep losing faith in them and using whites to execute every major project.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 7:36am On Sep 15, 2014
I will not warn you again. If you ever mention my name again you know the consequences. cool

You are the problem of Igbos on NL, you bring a lot of confusions and your hate and envy and frustration to bear in anything that has to do with my state and its people. This same reason was why I started launching attacks on whatever you represent and its people. I did not cut out to do just that but because of your in born envy and bitterness against the good of others.

Okorosha is a criminal and should be treated as such. I have consistently made it clear to you that so far as you mind your business on this forum you will never see me on any thing that concerns you and your people. Just desist from anything that has to do with my state and you will have peace if not I will haunt you even into your grave.

Be warned!

Abagworo:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 7:40am On Sep 15, 2014
centje: Too bad for our local companies. And that's how we keep losing faith in them and using whites to execute every major project.

Gbam!!!

Some part of the building collapsed that time
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 7:43am On Sep 15, 2014
Lemme tell you even if APC gives Okorosha presidential ticket Igbos will still take their votes to GEJ. Apart from the fact that the north and west will abandon the party immediately the clown Okorosha is given the ticket they will still not vote for him..that is if they will give him the ticket which we all know is not gonna happen. Even Amechi is better positioned to clinch the VP ticket ahead of Okorosha.

In a nutshell Igbos are better of with voting GEJ than going to vote somebody like Okorosha who we do not even know whether he is Igbo. The same Okorosha is very much anti Igbo both in his actions and comments so far. Peter Obi was right when he told him off as a rabble rouser who gets carried away each time he is handed a microphone.

Okorosha's paternity has been traced to Taraba so there is no way Igbos will vote another abok1 as an Igbo. He had better lead the state he had ran into huge debt with nothing to show for it because Igbos that I know and I have seen will not give their votes to no other person than GEJ. I have been attending several meetings within the SE to know this fact!

cjrane:

Bros,
Forget Jonathan, even if PDP makes a Cameroonian their aspirant, Igbos will vote for him because the APC has given them no choice

APC intentionally became hostile and sidelined Igbos in their silly belief they do not need Igbo to win. What they forgot was that as much as 2006 census was fake, Igbos reside in significant numbers outside the southeast. If APC had made the slightest effort to disregard men like Kwankwaso and gone ahead to court Igbo as advised by Ribadu, they will be at least sure of 25% in all the SE states. Those numbers could be decisive if they have a tight race elsewhere.

APC has made it obvious that it is a party determined to deal ruthlessly with the Igbo people of Nigeria. Rochas said what he said in order to please them that he is anti-Igbo. Amaechi even announced openly that he is not Igbo to please them. (Not to say Amaechi was ever Igbo). But Amaechi forgets that those that voted him into office are 50% ethnic Igbo! What a fool! There is a reason why GEJ emphasize his middle name "Ebele" to gain the confidence of every Nigerian.Even OBJ knew that much.
Anyhow, as much as i don't like Rochas, if you made him Presidential aspirant of APC, I WILL VOTE FOR HIM.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 7:49am On Sep 15, 2014
May the curse return to you 100 fold since you do not know how we got here.

Chiwude: Curse be on you Chino. I remember when this dude was messing up the Imo thread, turning it to an Imo vs Anambra war, people like Banega and Evergreen stood behind him in support. Forgetting that it would be the turn of their state one day. Igbo unity comes first before party support; Be it PDP, APC or APGA. Party come and go, Governor's come and go but Igboland just like Barracks is permanent. Let this sink into the heads of all the idiots trying to sow seeds of division and rife in Alaigbo.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 7:59am On Sep 15, 2014
centje: I trust Chime will deliver another state of the art facility in this diagnostic centre but my worry is that it's taking ages to complete...I took these pictures today.

I hope its completed asap as that will go a long way to complement ESUTH resulting in More employment, more accurate diagnosis hence better healthcare delivery. The centre in Unec is moving at an encouraging rate. Hopefully it will be completed this year.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2014
Kcinho:
I hope its completed asap as that will go a long way to complement ESUTH resulting in More employment, more accurate diagnosis hence better healthcare delivery. The centre in Unec is moving at an encouraging rate. Hopefully it will be completed this year.

Any pics of the unec center? is it unec that's building it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.