Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,377 members, 7,954,531 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:27 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1842622 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2014
Roads to Ekweremadu areas.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:51am On Sep 21, 2014
Ekweremadu loves Enugu. He is confident enough to invest in Enugu, lots of quality buildings, homes, hotels, office complexes, all in Enugu and environs. That mega building rising like a phoenix in the center of Owerri road Enugu. ........... this man is trying. His numerous projects provide jobs for the masses.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 10:13am On Sep 21, 2014
passion007:
Ifeoma Nwobodo has yet to gain public acceptance; There was a rally to try to convince Nkanu indigenes that despite originally being from Udi, she is now married to an Nkanu man and has the liberty to represent Nkanu. On the other hand, Frank Nweke hasn't any identity issues to battle with. His stint as Minister ended well. So, I believe he has the advantage of everything else except incumbency.

My grouse with Gil is that he has neglected his constituency. He might have fixed a few schools at Nike but his ministership is parochial. Nkanu East and West and Isi Uzo has benefited little or nothing from him. And whatever he did at Enugu Urban must be too small because I cant see it. Contrast with Ekweremadu and Ayogu who have attracted vocational schools, SURE-P roads, offered scholarships or built churches.

Nkanu East is home to the popular Unateze dynasty. I think we are yet to exploit this avenue to public acceptance. The Okwesiliezes were able to take advantage of their royalty to clinch political successes.
Can you please remove Ayogu Eze from your list of senators that have achieved something tangible because he has nothing to show for the 7 years he has been in Abuja. He obviously is the worst of the 3. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
^
Kcinho
May be you're right.
I'm giving Ayogu an easy pass based on my smooth sail from Nsukka through Imilike Agu and Imilike Uno, Eha Alumona to Obollo Afor. I believe that road continues to Makurdi. It was a SURE-P project.
Ayogu hasn't been exceptional like Ekweremadu, but he has bested Nnaji.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
spyder880: Roads to Ekweremadu areas.
I often go back and forth on my choice for the senate: Ekweremadu or Chime. As Lawmaker and ECOWAS deputy speaker, Ekweremadu is very useful to Igbo interests. Chime has distinguished himself with his characteristic quality infrastructure. Whoever becomes senator among them has deserved it.

However, I had hoped that Chime will give fresh life to agro-allied industries. I was particularly sad when I learned that our Heneke pineapples will be exported to Europe, rather than be processed here. I understand funding is another issue. May be Mark Chidi Obetta will give the agro industry a jump start, since the road infrastructure is largely in place. Don't ask me how I know he'll be governor. (7 years ago I saw the shadow of Chimaroke behind Chime and he won; today I see the shadow of Chime behind Obetta.)

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ubomeze: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Please stop being so pessimistic over the international terminal project. It will be completed and handed over on schedule in September 2015.The Federal govt is satisfied with the ongoing works and have no issues with the Chinese company handling the project. It has nothing to do with Chime Sullivan hence he leaves office the work continues. Stop looking for obstacles were there are none, for over 40 years after the civil war Enugu was neglected and no international flights landed or took off from the airport until now. The airport will grow mark my words. Cheers
biafrandream:

For someone to think the airport will be completed before Chime leaves office, shows that many of us have not accepted the reality of Igboman's second class status in the Zoo called Nigeria.

To even suggest that Chime has not done all he could to ensure the airport was completed means we have not truly appreciated his determination to make Enugu one of Nigeria's most tourists and business attractions. I do not think he needs to be reminded about the importance of the airport to the development of Enugu. If not, why would he waste money to open a new link road to the airport. Building the link road shows that if he were allowed by the federal government, he would equally build the airport.

For many us who live in the fantasy world of one Nigeria, please wake up and face the reality.

Even Jonathan's hand is tied as far as that airport is concerned. The airport poses a non existent threat to the Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba slave masters. They understand how strategic that airport is to the development of Igbo land, which is why they will fight to death to frustrate it's international status.

The airport was accorded international status even before Jonathan came to power but when you search the website of the FAAN, Enugu is still missing as one of the international airports in Nigeria. Everyone here knows how important web information is, when it comes publicising the existence of anything in the modern world.

If the fearless Stella Odua could not add the Enugu as one of the international airports in Nigeria to the FAAN website, is it the so called Chidoka that would.

Has any of you wondered why Ethiopian airline should touch Kano before coming to Enugu? It's because Enugu remains a local airport in reality but international in government paper.

That's the price you pay for being Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nnaji Gill, maybe outgoing.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Gud morning
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ubomeze: Please stop being so pessimistic over the international terminal project. It will be completed and handed over on schedule in September 2015.The Federal govt is satisfied with the ongoing works and have no issues with the Chinese company handling the project. It has nothing to do with Chime Sullivan hence he leaves office the work continues. Stop looking for obstacles were there are none, for over 40 years after the civil war Enugu was neglected and no international flights landed or took off from the airport until now. The airport will grow mark my words. Cheers
It may even be completed before September, say around June. The Chinese a very fast when it comes to construction.

I hope Chime, and Stella Oduah would be amongst the dignitaries when the terminal is being commissioned cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
spyder880: Ekweremadu loves Enugu. He is confident enough to invest in Enugu, lots of quality buildings, homes, hotels, office complexes, all in Enugu and environs. That mega building rising like a phoenix in the center of Owerri road Enugu. ........... this man is trying. His numerous projects provide jobs for the masses.
You mean the building behind ABC office? shocked
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
Eugene Odoh in pictures. ...

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ifeoma Nwobodo in pictures

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
spyder880: Ifeoma Nwobodo in pictures
hmmm, odikwa serious!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
passion007:
I often go back and forth on my choice for the senate: Ekweremadu or Chime. As Lawmaker and ECOWAS deputy speaker, Ekweremadu is very useful to Igbo interests. Chime has distinguished himself with his characteristic quality infrastructure. Whoever becomes senator among them has deserved it.

However, I had hoped that Chime will give fresh life to agro-allied industries. I was particularly sad when I learned that our Heneke pineapples will be exported to Europe, rather than be processed here. I understand funding is another issue. May be [/b]Mark Chidi Obetta[b] will give the agro industry a jump start, since the road infrastructure is largely in place. Don't ask me how I know he'll be governor. (7 years ago I saw the shadow of Chimaroke behind Chime and he won; today I see the shadow of Chime behind Obetta.)

Abeg who's Mark Chidi Obeta? What's his occupation now?

I never hear of am before
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
Enjoy. .....

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
spyder880: Enjoy. .....

Wow! kids are really having fun in Enugu!

Please where is Joeluv? I miss that guy and his pictures grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Activity77(m): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Coal City bustop @ 9nt

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2014
Activity77: Coal City bustop @ 9nt
Am impressed, never knew i will see modern bus stops with light inside wonderful.Enugu is obodo oyibo for real cool cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
My cousin in KFC enugu cool

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2014

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: junk food . so you think you are civilized by eating junk food ? you are copying the good and bad .
people in developed nations are paying the prize and learning for their mistakes . most people are becoming vegetarians these days . there you are rejoicing over KFC junk food .
Junk food you mean?KFC and other fast food restaurants have introduced salads in their menu,is just that most black people in western world prefer burgers,fries,chicken.So don't educate me about civilized countries maybe you just travel recently so obodo oyibo is making your head swell like bolom bolom cool

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: KFC salad or mcdonalds salad is still unhealthy. I think you are just hot headed . i'm just giving a little advice but you are too proud to admit .
You said salads is unhealthy? how can i advice someone with this kind of mentality is unimaginable,which passport are you holding at the moment before we can talk?because i have two cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: everyone knows that KFC and mcdonald is unhealthy,. you know how much preservatives they put in those salads?
Am not promoting junk food,obviously we need things like KFC,PIZZA HUT,MACDONALD etc because we have foreigners living there or do u want them to eat mama put that is not half as clean as the ones mention above? cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: junk food . so you think you are civilized by eating junk food ? you are copying the good and bad .
people in developed nations are paying the prize and learning for their mistakes . most people are becoming vegetarians these days . there you are rejoicing over KFC junk food .
some people just talk from their cauda equina. Do you really know what is junk food? To you, the food in the picture is junk Hatred has blinded you. Smh

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
Here in the US, it is estimated that about 1/3 of children aged 12 and below are either overweight or obese; likewise 66% of adults.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
spyder880:

Frank Nweke will be the outsider here, Ifeoma has been inside this administration and part controls the party machinery in Enugu. But for the sake of equity, an Nkanu east person is the person supposed to come forward if we are following our rotational/gentleman agreement policy in Enugu politics.

The first senator there was Jim Nwobodo from Nkanu west
The second was Ken Nnamani from Nkanu west
The third was Gil Nnaji from Enugu east

What about my people from Nkanu east? Abandoned, ignored as Ifeoma Nwobodo and Frank Nweke jr. are both from Nkanu west again?

Dia is God ooo

Nkanu is nkanu, nothing like east or west in Enugu zonal politics .
So, till the slot comes to nkanu again, u will have to cool down.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
biafrandream:

So far non of them deserve that seat. I see in them a bunch of immature opportunists. In as much as I support rotation of political seats, I am really scared about an Nsukka man becoming governor of Enugu. I think that Enugu will loose the little gain we have made. I may be wrong though but that's my feeling.

My Nsukka brothers are wonderful people, but one thing that puts me off about them is selfishness. I despise over-selfishness no matter who is involved. It is one of the reservations I had over Chima's government even though he is my brother. When I remember Okwy Nwodo, I become more apprehensive.

However, as a man who believes in the equality of all men and a true democrat, I will still vote an Nsukka man come 2015. I believe in egbe bere ugo Bere. I only wish new states were created, so they can have their own state and govern themselves.

Please, it's not every Nsukka man that is selfish. There are selfless ones but few. I am sorry to generalise but having had more than ten very close friends from Nsukka for so many years, I speak from experience.

please, What exactly will a selfish governor do differently?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
ak47mann: Am not promoting junk food,obviously we need things like KFC,PIZZA HUT,MACDONALD etc because we have foreigners living there or do u want them to eat mama put that is not half as clean as the ones mention above? cool

Are you saying pur own crunchies, celebrities, bubbles are not clean enough for foreigners?

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.