Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786974 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: KFC salad or mcdonalds salad is still unhealthy. I think you are just hot headed . i'm just giving a little advice but you are too proud to admit .
Plus this has nothing to do with obodo oyibo, it is simple common sense . african culture and society lacks esthetics and appeal. the environment looks dirty.
if you go to a small japanese village or german village or a small american town , they have no oil revenue,and yet the place looks very neat and clean.

Those places u mentioned are way richer than the average african areas. So yes money is still a factor
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: the aformentioned german village or japnese village or american town is not richer than Enugu or abuja[b]. those places have been just as neat and organized before natural resources was discovered , [/b]and that's because of the mentality.
nigerians behave like animals , littering the entire place , there's no building code ,poor esthetics,poor organization,lack of attention to detail. .

U dont know this for sure.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
For those who have never seen his face before. ......

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
^^the poster isn't even in inspiring.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
optimumprimus: "when jesus says yes,nobody can say no"
the poster is Laughable.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 23, 2014
optimumprimus: everyone knows that KFC and mcdonald is unhealthy,. you know how much preservatives they put in those salads?
anyway, my passport doesn't matter . what i'm saying is simple common sense . it doesn't have to be obodo oyibo or whatever . the nigerian environment looks dirty.
you don't need oil revenue to build a neat and organized society,and you don't need skyscrapers.

Preach on my brother. I find it ironic that foods and food chains many westerners are running away from are lauded and glorified in Nigeria. These foods are poisonous.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Innovator90:

Preach on my brother. I find ironic that foods and food chains many westerners are running away from are lauded and glorified in Nigeria. These foods are poisonous.

Inside the same food court, we have local food. I am expecting Dolphin and Emily restaurants in the mall soon.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2014
ketoprofen:

Are you saying pur own crunchies, celebrities, bubbles are not clean enough for foreigners?
No i mean our own roadside food cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bim42: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
What is happening
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by grafikii: 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
by Seun(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10
As for the thread meant to showcase Lagos, it was
moved to the Travel section because after the last
state picture posting controversy we agreed that all
threads showcasing pictures of states either for the
sake of criticism or for praise should be moved to the
Travel section.

Seun do the needful
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by grafikii: 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
Seun travel section

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
grafikii: Seun travel section

U dey craze?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by grafikii: 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
Unemadu:

U dey craze?

by Seun(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10
As for the thread meant to showcase Lagos, it was
moved to the Travel section because after the last
state picture posting controversy we agreed that all
threads showcasing pictures of states either for the
sake of criticism or for praise should be moved to the
Travel section.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 26, 2014
Sorry to bust your bubble brother, but the truth needs to be told.
Sincerely the Lagos thread belong to the travel section. We as Nigerians can only use it and Abuja to rival neigbouring african capitals. Why must you tag a federal state as Lagos pride of the S/West. Even before these fake cries, many of us know what you intend posting as pictures in the Lagos thread. Federal edifice like the Tafawa Balewa square, Third Mainland bridge, Tin Can ports, MMI airports and the numerous national monuments of post/pre colonial Nigeria. What happened to Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure and other capitals. What is the shame in it, if you tag one of these capitals as pride of the S/West. Borrow a leaf from our northern folks from Kano who only show you the beauty of their state. They and the people of the N/Central have been diplomatic enough by not toeing your line. You can never see a thread with the headline ' Abuja pride of the North'. If Uyo - a minority capital can have it's thread still trailing in the politics section , I see no reason why you shouldn't do likewise. Seun is smart enough to know the antics of those clamouring for the Lagos thread to be in the politics section. These whiners should revive the Ibadan thread and show us the beauty of your capital - the seat of government of the Western region. Sophistication indeed!

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:41am On Sep 26, 2014

^^^You're a very wicked and jealous soul!

Instead of you to ask Seun to return your thread to the politics section, you'd rather be happier seeing every thread (including this one) sent to the travel section! kinda reminds me of the wicked woman that wanted King Solomon to divide the baby in half rather than let the true mother have her child!

Typical crabs-in-a-barrel syndrome!

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 26, 2014
Umu nnem Ndi Enugu, please you guys shouldn't be annoyed, can we borrow spider for some few hours? Spider please I beg you, peradventure you stroll into Imo state, please can you help us snap pictures of our dear state and post to the Imo thread. Biko Ari rio kam na yo gi. We are in need of someone like you. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Chiwude: Umu nnem Ndi Enugu, please you guys shouldn't be annoyed, can we borrow spider for some few hours? Spider please I beg you, peradventure you stroll into Imo state, please can you help us snap pictures of our dear state and post to the Imo thread. Biko Ari rio kam na yo gi. We are in need of someone like you. Thanks.

^^^I think Ebonyi needs him more than you guys!.........Just saying!! sad

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 5:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Turkish Airlines to fly Enugu International airport

Nigeria and Turkey will on Monday sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Turkish Airline to commence operation at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, Vice President Namadi Sambo said on Thursday. Sambo said this on Thursday in Enugu during the rally organised by a group known as the Enugu Movement for the Re-election of Jonathan, .

He said that five Turkish airlines would be joining their Ethiopian counterpart, the only airline currently operating at the airport. “This is going to be a big feat because five airlines from Turkey will be departing from the airport per week. “We are going to have all the world’s airlines here because we want to make Enugu the hub of business in the aviation sector,” he said.

The Vice President said that locating the International Helicopter Flying School in the state had given it the leverage to grow in the sector. “More workers will be deployed at the helipad built by the state government and this will boost the state’s economy.” Sambo said that the Federal Government had approved the sum of N220 million for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in the state.

He said that the Federal Government had also put modalities in place for the establishment of a gas pipeline to generate 1,000 mega watts of electricity in Enugu state.

“We are doing everything to ensure that the state is improved in terms of power supply to support economic activities of the people here.

“The Federal Government has also concluded plans to employ 12 million Nigerians in the next eight months,” Sambo said.

Earlier, Gov Sullivan Chime pledged the support and loyalty of the government and people of the state for President Goodluck Jonathan.

According to Chime, “all we do in Enugu, we owe to the President and PDP”.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that dignitaries at the event included the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim, former Senate President, Chief Ken Nnamani and Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra.

Others are former governors of the old Anambra and Enugu states, Chief Jim Nwobodo and Dr Okwesilieze Nwodo respectively, and the Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Prof. Rufai Ahmed, among others

http://nigerianewsbox.com/turkish-airline-to-fly-enugu-international-airport/

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:59am On Sep 26, 2014
ARROBA: Turkish Airlines to fly Enugu International airport

Nigeria and Turkey will on Monday sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Turkish Airline to commence operation at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, Vice President Namadi Sambo said on Thursday. Sambo said this on Thursday in Enugu during the rally organised by a group known as the Enugu Movement for the Re-election of Jonathan, .

He said that five Turkish airlines would be joining their Ethiopian counterpart, the only airline currently operating at the airport. “This is going to be a big feat because five airlines from Turkey will be departing from the airport per week. “We are going to have all the world’s airlines here because we want to make Enugu the hub of business in the aviation sector,” he said.

The Vice President said that locating the International Helicopter Flying School in the state had given it the leverage to grow in the sector. “More workers will be deployed at the helipad built by the state government and this will boost the state’s economy.” Sambo said that the Federal Government had approved the sum of N220 million for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in the state.

He said that the Federal Government had also put modalities in place for the establishment of a gas pipeline to generate 1,000 mega watts of electricity in Enugu state.

“We are doing everything to ensure that the state is improved in terms of power supply to support economic activities of the people here.

“The Federal Government has also concluded plans to employ 12 million Nigerians in the next eight months,” Sambo said.

Earlier, Gov Sullivan Chime pledged the support and loyalty of the government and people of the state for President Goodluck Jonathan.

According to Chime, “all we do in Enugu, we owe to the President and PDP”.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that dignitaries at the event included the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim, former Senate President, Chief Ken Nnamani and Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra.

Others are former governors of the old Anambra and Enugu states, Chief Jim Nwobodo and Dr Okwesilieze Nwodo respectively, and the Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Prof. Rufai Ahmed, among others

Very good news.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:01am On Sep 26, 2014
Chiwude: Umu nnem Ndi Enugu, please you guys shouldn't be annoyed, can we borrow spider for some few hours? Spider please I beg you, peradventure you stroll into Imo state, please can you help us snap pictures of our dear state and post to the Imo thread. Biko Ari rio kam na yo gi. We are in need of someone like you. Thanks.

I will supply some pictures later on that thread, its a continuous thing.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Sep 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I think Ebonyi needs him more than you guys!.........Just saying!! sad

Do we have a dedicated Ebonyi thread? please show me so I can be sure which one. Thank you.,

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:08am On Sep 26, 2014
I am getting apprehensive about the type of traffic jams looming around the Nike areas in the coming years.

I took this picture around T junction Nike, looking up the Nike lake hotel front, totally blocked due to a rally at the hotel to support Jonathan or something. We need another route to pass this area please.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 6:57am On Sep 26, 2014
spyder880: I am getting apprehensive about the type of traffic jams looming around the Nike areas in the coming years.

I took this picture around T junction Nike, looking up the Nike lake hotel front, totally blocked due to a rally at the hotel to support Jonathan or something. We need another route to pass this area please.

I read somewhere that this road will be dualized.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozonna(m): 7:10am On Sep 26, 2014
Any correct guess on who'll be succeeding Gov Sullivan
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 8:31am On Sep 26, 2014
ARROBA: Turkish Airlines to fly Enugu International airport

This is great news, but the emboldened is wrong.
What he did say, and what makes the news all the more cheering, is that Fed Govt is working on a coal-fired plant, of the said capacity.
I hope that plan actually sees the light of day, and not a mere political promise.
Delivering 100% of registered voters in Enugu to GEJ is do-able (after all, both fighting elephants in the state are PDP members), but let him keep his promises.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2014
Another face of a contender for governorship?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2014
This morning in Enugu, the New market to Onitsha express link road going on with drainages,

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:23am On Sep 26, 2014
Sullivan Chime is a mass attack strategist, imagine the number of construction equipment there

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2014
These pictures were taken life, like 30 minutes ago. If you doubt me, go to New market now.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.