Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779580 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
[size=15pt]Please Ignore this attention seeking ofenmmanu above.
Cannot even spell chinazaekpere.
He has been spamming all Igbo threads in NL seeking for attention
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hhm pls more pics

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
ketoprofen:

We are talking about Enugu state here not just the capital.
The state has potentials for agricultural industries for eg.
Remember we still have UDI, awgu, nsukka, nkanu to develop economically.
It should be in such a way that you can stay in Ezeagu and still make mad money other than moving all the way to Enugu to get a good job.
Obviously, Enugu indigenes don't have this flair for investing at home like their anambra sister state indigenes.
That too should be worked on
i know. I was having a different discussion with Ikengawo.

I also advocate for development of every town. It's not a difficult thing to do, all it takes is dedication. And a governor can't do that alone. Like 75% of the work should be handled by the local govt chairman while the governor guides them.
For instance, each local governments can sit down, look into their local challenges, their peculiar culture, local resources within their reach, the federal allocation, their manpower etc and come out with a blueprint for development of their area, divide such into phases, each will be time bound and also the blueprint is passed as a law guiding every tenure, so that no one deviates from it. Then every successive local govt chairman will have already outlined guidelines/projects to execute,during his tenure, in line with the blueprint. For most south east local govt that receive relatively small allocation that is not able to execute big projects, this is a good way of engaging in big projects. Instead those small small pockets of projects with insignificant economic impact on the locals.

It's very depressing what these local men do with their local govt allocation. They just execute petty projects like putting archaic solar street light or build house in the local govt headquarter, give 5k to local youth, then they share the remaining money and wait for next allocation angry

A Lot of our land in village are just wasting. What happens to agriculture and the able youths roaming about without any tangible work in the villages.
They just give them 5k and they start rejoicing, praising such chairman as the best...'he brings out money' grin. Tomorrow they come back for the fish, instead of learning how to fish.
All the local govt in enugu were given tractor, catapiller and some other heavy trucks, what have they achieved with them.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
henrychubayo: Your ideas are great. But we need to have something first to push. That is why I said if we can get someone to draw the structural speed train line and solid beautified stations. We will then start going beyond mere posting here. Do you have idea who can help with that?
i am not settled at the moment. once i do, will search and come with something.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 20, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Bro I'm from Nnewi, the last time I was there (August) I went there to take pics,but the entire structure was shielded with Zinc! I wonder what they are hiding undecided I hope it would be open in time for Christmas tho

I came across these updates of some of the Anambra projects...link below. Whoever is working on the Anambra thread, pls we need this thread badly. OP of the thread in the link has lots of pictures of these on-going projects that are worth uploading on Anambra thread to get it going. I'm impressed by the quality of work done so far as of April 2014. Check it out guys!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1699109

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 2:23am On Sep 20, 2014
Nigeria: Chime Promises Improved Environment for Investors

Gov. Sullivan Chime of Enugu State on Thursday said that ongoing infrastructural development of the state had boosted its economic profile.

Chime made the statement in Enugu at the inauguration of Tetra Log Limited's Mercedes Benz Sales and Services Center.

The governor, who was represented by his deputy, Rev. Raphael Nwoye, said that his administration was committed to removing all barriers hindering the growth of commerce in the state.

He announced that the state government had set up a steering committee to work out modalities to deal with issues of multiple taxation and related matters.

He also said that the state had benefitted from the upgrade of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, adding that the state had been adjudged as one of the fastest growing economies in the country.

Chime assured that his administration would sustain ongoing investment opportunities in the state.

He commended the management of Tetra Log Ltd. for citing the service centre in the state.

Earlier, the Managing Director of the company, Mr Onuorah Nnabugwu, said that the choice of Enugu for the investment was based on merit. Nnabugwu said that the investment would bring a turn-around in the fortunes of the state. He said that the company was given the right by the Federal Government to produce Mercedes Benz parts and assured that the company, in doing so, would comply with government's new automotive policy. He said that the measure would give the company the leverage to engage in the production of some equipment, including water/fuel tankers and troop carriers.

A representative of Daimler AG of Germany, a partner to Tetra Log, Dr Kloja Rebstock, expressed happiness that Mercedes Benz had sustained its growth in Nigeria. He said that the company would support Tetra to provide quality services to its customers, noting that "even after over 100 years of, Mercedes Benz has continued to maintain quality services to the people."

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQ-AsoATAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fallafrica.com%2Fstories%2F201409190476.html&ei=JtUcVPXPKcS0PPDHgbgB&usg=AFQjCNEEH9LSu-NFHCSTpfgORzLklh8Ujw

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 2:29am On Sep 20, 2014
At 5% cost, Abuja, Enugu lead peers in ease of property registration

Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory and Enugu State in the South-East, are leading the 35 other major cities of the country, with relatively cheaper cost of registering property, BusinessDay checks have shown. The two are also leading at geo-political zonal level

As against 15 percent of the property value charged by the Lagos State government for registering property, Abuja charges between 3 and 7 percent while Enugu charges 5 percent and, according to our checks, the Federal Capital C Territory Administration (FCTA) does not even ask an applicant to pay to obtain a form.

Nigeria is one of the most expensive property markets globally, and the cost of land has been identified as the most expensive component of housing development and delivery in the country.

It is the singular reason for the country’s low home ownership rate, at a little above 10 percent and also accounts for the wide housing demand-supply gap estimated at 17 million units.

In Enugu, land acquisition and registration are digitalised and our checks reveal that an applicant does not necessarily have to be in the state before he gets his transactions processed and his documents mailed to him.

Olisa Agbakoba, the legal adviser to Berverly & Sam Properties—developers of luxury apartments in Apo, Abuja, confirmed to BusinessDay that Abuja is leading not just the whole of the Northern Nigeria, but also the major cities of the country, in the ease of registering property and delivering houses.

“Abuja presents better opportunities not just in land charges, but also in cheap labour. The city is the highest construction activity rates in all of Africa, accommodating all types of developments for low, middle and high income buyers, unlike Lagos, where developments are concentrated at the high end market”, Agbakoba noted, pointing out that all these however depended on the location.

He further said, whereas Delta State in the South-South Geopolitical Zone of the country charges 7-10 percent value of the property to register it, Benin, also in the South, has the best approach to it, explaining that to register a property in Benin City, the Oba of Benin has to endorse it and once this is done, registration becomes easy with the state government.

Teniola Eleoramo, Group Managing Director of Kohath Investment Group Limited, also confirmed to BusinessDay that Abuja is investor friendly in terms of registering property, disclosing that “because Abuja is less bureaucratic than Lagos, we were able to conclude the transaction for the development of our project much earlier.

Kohath Investment Group are in Nigeria to develop what it calls Land of Honey City in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt, a project it describes as the largest real estate development in Sub-Saharan Africa, sitting on 1,727 hectares of land and consisting of an ultra-modern entertainment centre, commercial park and residential buildings.

BusinessDay had reported in an earlier survey that in terms of speed, that is the time it takes to conclude land registration, Lagos and Kano were leading the 34 other states and Abuja.

According to the survey, the speed of registration in Lagos is such that it takes just 30 days for an applicant who has met the necessary requirements, including payment of all relevant fees, to pick up his/her Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) from the government, while in Kano, it takes an applicant six weeks to get his deal done. All these are however, possible with official procedures.

In Lagos, processes related to land acquisition could even be concluded in less than one month from the day an applicant for state-owned land sends in his application, as it takes about five days from the time the application is received for an officer in charge of any government scheme applied for, to process the application and create a file for the applicant.

In terms of cost, rates applicable in the location of the property are multiplied by the total land size, to arrive at the assessment.

In every case, the charges payable are as follows: Consent Fee, 8%; Capital Gains Tax, 2 percent; Stamp Duty, 2 percent; Registration Fee, 3 percent, bringing the total to 15 percent of the assessment.

In Oyo, our survey reveals that it takes about 90 days and in Akwa Ibom, it is a long, tedious and indeterminate process that is also costly.

CHUKA UROKO

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEQQqQIoADAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbusinessdayonline.com%2F2014%2F09%2Fat-5-cost-abuja-enugu-lead-peers-in-ease-of-property-registration%2F&ei=JtUcVPXPKcS0PPDHgbgB&usg=AFQjCNEtCTRZRGBhhtqbtQZV0dO3UygLYg

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:48am On Sep 20, 2014
Innovator90:

I came across these updates of some of the Anambra projects...link below. Whoever is working on the Anambra thread, pls we need this thread badly. OP of the thread in the link has lots of pictures of these on-going projects that are worth uploading on Anambra thread to get it going. I'm impressed by the quality of work done so far as of April 2014. Check it out guys!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1699109

That picture has been long ago nah. The development of Agulu 5 star resort hotel have advanced beyond that.See Obiano's visit there in April!

I beg Obiano to embark on massive urban renewal of Onitsha,Awka and Nnewi. Total reconstruction and dualization of some major roads. For example, in Onitsha, he should dualize Awka road and Oguta road with gutters on both sides, Street lights and traffic lights which will give Onitsha a great urban ambience. Some will come here and attack me, that they prefer dual carriages at Umuchu or Achina rather than the state capital and major urban centers.
Although i dislike Rochas for his style of politics, he gets some credit for dualizing some roads in Owerri such as Orlu road, Dee Sam Mbakwe road and doing a lot of urban renewal in Owerri,Okigwe and Orlu.Although he raked up a massive N200 billion naira debt to do it and still left many abandoned projects because he wanted to do everything in one week,instead of the organized way Chime starts one major road and completes it before moving to the next....and using renowned and qualified foreign construction companies to make sure his projects are of world class standard.
Abakaliki has also been transformed with proper urban renewals and roads dualization into a beautiful city. I don't need to mention Chime's exploits here, he is in a class of his own in this regard of dualization of inner city roads and total tranformational urban renewal. wink

Now that rural roads have been built, Anambra's three major cities must get massive urban renewal attention this time around than they were getting. A budget of at least N 100 billion naira spread out over 4 years to tackle Anambra cities modernization and upgrade will allow the government to spend at least N25 billion every year in up grading Anambra cities in a systematic way. I mean massive dualization and modernization of the inner city roads such as Ugwunabamkpa road continued down to Modebe avenue,Iweka road from the foot of the flyover to the Onitsha main market, Oguta road, Ezeiweka road,MCC road with a flyover connecting it into it's former continuation now called Oraifite street in Awada, Port Harcourt road into Fegge , trans Nkisi road dualized at least past the Federal government girls college,Limca road dualized up to Nkpor junction, Atani road dualized past Odekpe layout, etc all in Onitsha. Awka inner roads and Nnewi inner roads should get similar attention and not just tackling the federal expressway passing by these cities while inner city roads remain single lanes how they were built in 1900 by the colonial masters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKoplbLy5yc

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:48am On Sep 20, 2014
cjrane: That picture has been long ago nah. The development of Agulu 5 star resort hotel have advanced beyond that.See Obiano's visit there in April!

I beg Obiano to embark on massive urban renewal of Onitsha,Awka and Nnewi. Total reconstruction and dualization of some major roads. For example, in Onitsha, he should dualize Awka road and Oguta road with gutters on both sides, Street lights and traffic lights which will give Onitsha a great urban ambience. Some will come here and attack me, that they prefer dual carriages at Umuchu or Achina rather than the state capital and major urban centers.
Although i dislike Rochas for his style of politics, he gets some credit for dualizing some roads in Owerri such as Orlu road, Dee Sam Mbakwe road and doing a lot of urban renewal in Owerri,Okigwe and Orlu.Although he raked up a massive N200 billion naira debt to do it and still left many abandoned projects because he wanted to do everything in one week,instead of the organized way Chime starts one major road and completes it before moving to the next....and using renowned and qualified foreign construction companies to make sure his projects are of world class standard.
Abakaliki has also been transformed with proper urban renewals and roads dualization into a beautiful city. I don't need to mention Chime's exploits here, he is in a class of his own in this regard of dualization of inner city roads and total tranformational urban renewal. wink

Now that rural roads have been built, Anambra's three major cities must get massive urban renewal attention this time around than they were getting. A budget of at least N 100 billion naira spread out over 4 years to tackle Anambra cities modernization and upgrade will allow the government to spend at least N25 billion every year in up grading Anambra cities in a systematic way. I mean massive dualization and modernization of the inner city roads such as Ugwunabamkpa road continued down to Modebe avenue,Iweka road from the foot of the flyover to the Onitsha main market, Oguta road, Ezeiweka road,MCC road with a flyover connecting it into it's former continuation now called Oraifite street in Awada, Port Harcourt road into Fegge , trans Nkisi road dualized at least past the Federal government girls college,Limca road dualized up to Nkpor junction, Atani road dualized past Odekpe layout, etc all in Onitsha. Awka inner roads and Nnewi inner roads should get similar attention and not just tackling the federal expressway passing by these cities while inner city roads remain single lanes how they were built in 1900 by the colonial masters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKoplbLy5yc

Wow! Thanks man for the video...so hard to find recent updates on these projects. Very impressed by the magnitude and quality work. This Agulu 5-star resort is not a small project...just seeing it on video it looks very impressive. I like the idea of a resort; siting the hotel close to nature... beautiful Ogbunike Cave and Agulu lake. Cave Pics below.

I certainly agree with you that Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka need serious facelift. I have discussed this in detail in many of my posts. Doing this will revive these towns and propel the state to a larger limelight. Those Europe-looking high-rise buildings in Onitsha can look gorgeous if the thoroughfares and streets are modernized. I'm sure Obiano is very aware of this and working towards it...he was in Florida, U.S late last year, pretty sure he saw what inner cities and towns look like and took notes.

Obi governance style of Bottom-up(more rural emphasis to urban) development is not bad as some people have criticized him for. In hindsight, it developed rural communities and raised standard of living. In all of my travels, Anambra is one of few states that has holistic development; where basic necessities of life are met in virtually all communities. I think the time is right NOW for the government to focus more on the three major cities...massive transformation. Obiano strong emphasis on Anambra security and ridding it of criminals is needed to attract investors.

Anambra government is on overdrive.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 4:42am On Sep 20, 2014
Forty-two pilots have graduated from the Nigerian Airforce International Helicopter Flying School, Enugu.

Speaking at a ceremony held to mark the graduation of the pilots, President Goodluck Jonathan, represented by Vice President Namadi Sambo, said the Nigerian Airforce has achieved an important milestone with the success of the flying school.

The president noted that the achievement has not only helped to boost the capacity and capability of the Airforce but that of the Nigerian Armed Forces in general.

He described the success of the project as “a clear demonstration that the Airforce was heading in the right direction in its quest to reposition itself among its contemporaries in other countries.”

The President lauded the quality of training at the school, saying it was good enough to compete with international standards.

He urged the graduands to demonstrate excellence and professionalism in their duties in order to help take the Airforce and the nation to higher levels.

In separate addresses at the event, the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Amosu, and the Rector of the School, Group Captain I.A Yahaya, commended the Federal Government for providing the necessary resources for the school and promised to ensure that it met all the expectations of the government.

Also speaking at the occasion, a businessmen, Prince Arthur Eze, said Enugu State “has become the best place to invest in Nigeria.”

Highlights of the event include the commissioning and inspection of facilities in the school and presentation of certificates to the graduands.

Dignitaries who witnessed the event include Governor Sullivan Chime, the Deputy Governor, Reverend Raphael Nwoye, former Governor ofold Anambra State, Senator Jim Nwobodo, and several others.
Speaking at the ceremony, billionaire businessman, Prince Arthur Eze, noted that Enugu State has become the best place to invest in the country, which credit, he said, should be given to Governor Sullivan Chime.

Eze, who said that Chime has “completely transformed the state,” commended the Federal Government for its commitment to the project

Ezechitoke Abiama bless Ndigbo, and friends of Ndigbo!

http://www.punchng.com/news/42-graduate-from-enugu-airforce-helicopter-school/

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=82617

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2014
Innovator90:

Wow! Thanks man for the video...so hard to find recent updates on these projects. Very impressed by the magnitude and quality work. This Agulu 5-star resort is not a small project...just seeing it on video it looks very impressive. I like the idea of a resort; siting the hotel close to nature... beautiful Ogbunike Cave and Agulu lake. Cave Pics below.

I certainly agree with you that Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka need serious facelift. I have discussed this in detail in many of my posts. Doing this will revive these towns and propel the state to a larger limelight. Those Europe-looking high-rise buildings in Onitsha can look gorgeous if the thoroughfares and streets are modernized. I'm sure Obiano is very aware of this and working towards it...he was in Florida, U.S late last year, pretty sure he saw what inner cities and towns look like and took notes.

Obi governance style of Bottom-up(more rural emphasis to urban) development is not bad as some people have criticized him for. In hindsight, it developed rural communities and raised standard of living. In all of my travels, Anambra is one of few states that has holistic development; where basic necessities of life are met in virtually all communities. I think the time is right NOW for the government to focus more on the three major cities...massive transformation. Obiano strong emphasis on Anambra security and ridding it of criminals is needed to attract investors.

Anambra government is on overdrive.
Agreed
His overdrive mode should please extend to Nnobi Ekwulobia road.
Yes it is an FG road but he can at least get the bad parts refurbished, it is a busy major route.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Keeping the surrounding clean is a great thing to do. But most importantly planting trees, grass and flowers to transform the entire environment into a true campus feel is a begging issue in our higher institutions. We must teach young people that a conducive environment is just as important as the building itself. The best place to impact that awareness is in the universities...... and you can only do so by planting trees and flowers so that they see the difference between the campus environment to their hometown.
you are right brother. But UNN has been on that since time immemorial, the major roads in the school have beautiful ornamental trees and flowers planted either beside or inbetween it. Trees in the school are not sparsely located but more gregarious in nature, (more like a forest campus)... I'm not in campus now if not i would have shown you what i mean.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spodathug: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2014
With the heavy development going on in enugu and the cry of the indian government for a direct flight to nigeria,I think osita should convince the indians to fly direct to enugu since igbos travel to india more than any other people,most drugs we use are from india and the major importers are onitsha and orlu people who reside in the east,by osita archiving this more foreign investment will come into enugu and the entire igboland. Osita should also work on the enugu direct flight to china so our business men can travel from all asian countries they operate direct to igboland through Enugu cuz the igboman has businesses in almost all asian countries. God will see us through this economic strangling nigeria is doing to us(amen)

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 9:48am On Sep 20, 2014
spodathug: With the heavy development going on in enugu and the cry of the indian government for a direct flight to nigeria,I think osita should convince the indians to fly direct to enugu since igbos travel to india more than any other people,most drugs we use are from india and the major importers are onitsha and orlu people who reside in the east,by osita archiving this more foreign investment will come into enugu and the entire igboland. Osita should also work on the enugu direct flight to china so our business men can travel from all asian countries they operate direct to igboland through Enugu cuz the igboman has businesses in almost all asian countries. God will see us through this economic strangling nigeria is doing to us(amen)

I pray that Osita is sharp like Stella, seriously.
Stella used limited time to achieve a lot, international status and operations, and then defined international terminal . No dulling.
This is the only chance SE has to secure everything about aviation!
There is an Igbo minister and a president that has been the least anti SE as far as aviation is concerned.
I hope he doesn't go there and become one Zik or Ironsi like that.
Y am saying this is that constitutionally, criticisms from non Igbo politicians will come but if he were fast, he will achieve much before they pull him down.
Stella's case is an eg.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spodathug: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2014
ketoprofen:

I pray that Osita is sharp like Stella, seriously.
Stella used limited time to achieve a lot, international status and operations, and then defined international terminal . No dulling.
This is the only chance SE has to secure everything about aviation!
There is an Igbo minister and a president that has been the least anti SE as far as aviation is concerned.
I hope he doesn't go there and become one Zik or Ironsi like that.
Y am saying this is that constitutionally, criticisms from non Igbo politicians will come but if he were fast, he will achieve much before they pull him down.
Stella's case is an eg.
zik and ironsi are goats sorry to say,then stella is one messiah to us but they conspired to take are away,now osita got to open his eyes and do the needful in this Igbo fan president regime,the only president that wiped away our tears since the genocide,I just can't wait to see osita making moves about the international flights to enugu. do you know onitsha was the chosen place for the siting of ajaokuta steel complex but shagari refused and forced the russian engineers to build the steel complex at ajaokuta. So osita and GEJ gats tighten their sit bets before we lose this opportunity cuz this people we claim one country with are ready to turn us all slaves due to their inexplicable hatred for us.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
Our next governor is here

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
spodathug: zik and ironsi are goats sorry to say,then stella is one messiah to us but they conspired to take are away,now osita got to open his eyes and do the needful in this Igbo fan president regime,the only president that wiped away our tears since the genocide,I just can't wait to see osita making moves about the international flights to enugu. do you know onitsha was the chosen place for the siting of ajaokuta steel complex but shagari refused and forced the russian engineers to build the steel complex at ajaokuta. So osita and GEJ gats tighten their sit bets before we lose this opportunity cuz this people we claim one country with are ready to turn us all slaves due to their inexplicable hatred for us.

^^^ I heard that story as well! After overruling those that should know better (for primordial, vindictive and xenophobic reasons), they now gave Onitsha MTI (metallurgical training institute) as compensation!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
spodathug: With the heavy development going on in enugu and the cry of the indian government for a direct flight to nigeria,I think osita should convince the indians to fly direct to enugu since igbos travel to india more than any other people,most drugs we use are from india and the major importers are onitsha and orlu people who reside in the east,by osita archiving this more foreign investment will come into enugu and the entire igboland. Osita should also work on the enugu direct flight to china so our business men can travel from all asian countries they operate direct to igboland through Enugu cuz the igboman has businesses in almost all asian countries. God will see us through this economic strangling nigeria is doing to us(amen)

Great point. It's no longer a surprise that most developed countries know that the Igbos are very industrious people and remain the driving factor of Nigeria. These people would love to deal directly with us especially Chinese since we account for 90% of their transactions with Nigerians. But we need to do the basics! This goes back to my point that Enugu most build a functional airport. Anything short of this will set Igboland development back to 20 yrs and I'll personally blame Chime for this....how he allowed that nonsense, below mediocre of remodelling at his watch still baffles me for someone of his caliber with sheer taste for quality. He has to monitor closely whatever Federal Aviation is building, if it's short what he has in mind to attract investors, tourists and people in general to the state and region, he should take Federal Aviation court and force them to hands off the project to him to build it as he wishes for the interest of Enugu and SE region. Edited( when I say Chime should take federal government to court, I mean that in metaphorical sense not literal. I need to clarify this as some people cannot read through the lines without seeing the figure of speech used to make a much larger point...look up definition of "figure of speech" before you get on attack mode). Now back to my point, A functional airport attracts airline companies and people to it...you rarely need to plead, convince or lobby for them to have direct flight out of Enugu. They will be the ones begging you to use your airport. I don't know how big this airport is, why are they hiding the plan from us? As I speak now, there is virtually no 3d plan of this new on-going airport they are building for us....if you have one, pls post it here! Why is the Federal Aviation hiding the plan from the public? You can hide it as you want but don't build us nonsense like the raggedy remodeled work done and expect it to attract investors and people. Show us the plan now so we can assess, critique it and tell the government what needs to be added or improved. Entire SE region is now on overdrive in development; I have never witnessed such massive development going on in SE particularly in Enugu and Anambra; it's unprecedented. We don't need nobody to delay us any further.

The spine of my message is the on-going Enugu International Airport is supposed to be a regional airport, and must, I repeat must rival or best Lagos and Abuja...this is common sense. If you are not thinking along these lines, then certainly you are not looking at the future of SE region. We need a very functional, international-standard airport to boast the growth of a people(Ndigbo) that controls the wealth of this country. As I have mentioned before, it must have capability for flight connections, house multiple airline companies, aircraft hangers, cargo, e.t.c., these are what airline companies look for to use your facility. We sometimes ignore all these things and don't realize how indispensable these are for an airport to function to its full capacity and ability. Most of us who fly internationally; rarely seldom pause to think, why is it that these Western, Asian, or even some African airports are well organized, your luggage are out of the carousel in no long time; everything is in condition as you had it when checked in. We never bother to think the size and complexity of work these people are doing in the logistical arm of the airport operation...it's critical, just as important as the passenger arm, and most Nigerian airports score 1/10 on a scale of 10 with respect to logistics. I know some people are wondering why I harp on this some much; I do because I expect another deja vu...build us another mediocre airport that looks barely 20% of the cost appropriated for it.

I hope Enugu government is reading this; this airport is just as strategic as the new Gulf City going on and requires similar and more oversight attention. I close by saying, the biggest legacy Chime has is the Enugu International Airport. If he fails to deliver something of international standard at this current yr of 2014, most people will be very unhappy with him, and certainly, will cheapen the good works he has done.

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
Innovator90:

Great. This goes back to my point that Enugu most build a functional airport. Anything short of this will set Igboland development back to 20 yrs and I'll personally blame Chime for this....how he allowed that nonsense, below mediocre of remodelling at his watch still baffles me for someone of his caliber with sheer taste for quality. He has to monitor closely whatever Federal Aviation is building, if it's short what he has in mind to attract investors, tourists and people in general to the state and region, he should take Federal Aviation court and force them to hands off the project to him to build it as he wishes for the interest of Enugu and SE region. A functional airport attracts airline companies and people to it...you rarely need to plead, convince or lobby for them to have direct flight out of Enugu. They will be the ones begging you to use your airport. I don't know how big this airport is, why are they hiding the plan from us? As I speak now, there is virtually no 3d plan of this new on-going airport they are building for us....if you have one, pls post it here! Why is the Federal Aviation hiding the plan from the public? You can hide it as you want but don't build us nonsense like the raggedy remodeled work done and expect it to attract investors and people. Show us the plan now so we can assess, critique it and tell the government what needs to be added or improved. Entire SE region is now on overdrive in development; I have never witnessed such massive development going on in SE particularly in Enugu and Anambra; it's unprecedented. We don't need nobody to delay us any further. The spine of my message is the on-going Enugu International Airport is supposed to be a regional airport, and must, I repeat must rival Lagos and Abuja...this is common sense. If you are not thinking along these lines, then certainly you are not looking at the future of SE region. We need a very functional, international-standard airport to boast the growth of a people(Ndigbo) that controls the wealth of this country. As I have mentioned before, it must have capability for flight connections, house multiple airline companies, aircraft hangers, cargo, e.t.c., these are what airline companies look for to use your facility. We sometimes ignore all these things and don't realize how indispensable these are for an airport to function to its full capacity and ability. Most of us who fly internationally; rarely seldom pause to think, why is it that these Western, Asian, or even some African airports are well organized, your luggage are out of the carousel in no long time; everything is in condition as you had it when checked in. We never bother to think the size and complexity of work these people are doing in the logistical arm of the airport operation...it's critical, just as important as the passenger arm, and most Nigerian airports score 1/10 on a scale of 10 with respect to logistics.

I hope Enugu government is reading this; this airport is just as strategic as the new Gulf City going on and requires similar and more oversight attention. I close by saying, the biggest legacy Chime has is the Enugu International Airport. If he fails to deliver something of international standard at this current yr of 2014, most people will be very unhappy with him, and certainly, will cheapen the good works he has done.

I am with you Bro. But i don't think you should sound so militant while begging the governor to read your post. He has tried beyond all of our expectations for someone with only a paltry $550 million dollars budget for the entire year. We are in a hurry to develop because the others before him had no vision or simply preferred to use the excuses of low budget to do nothing at all.If every previous regime had some vision and did a little, it won't all be so pressing now. The same is even more true for Anambra before Peter Obi who was undoubtedly the only visionary leader that state had ever experienced came on board in 2006.

I also agree he should regularly visit the airport and other key project sites to make sure the quality is strictly adhered. But,what's that talk about taking FG to talk and asking them not to work on the airport anymore and hand it over ? grin grin grin Bros, biko kwa, are you well? Even oil producing states as Akwa Ibom struggle to find funds for a proper terminal building, where will the governor pluck the money from?

The matured leadership of Chime is the way to go. Not ill advised childish tantrums over nothing.COOPERATION with the FG is the way to go. If they aren't doing it properly, we should work with them to correct the identified shortcoming.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
cjrane:

I am with you Bro. But i don't think you should sound militant while begging the governor to read your post. He has tried beyond all of our expectations for someone with only a paltry $550 million dollars budget for the entire year.

I also agree he should regularly visit the airport and other key project sites to make sure the quality is strictly adhered. But,what's that talk about taking FG to talk and asking them not to work on the airport anymore and hand it over ? grin grin grin Bros, biko kwa, are you well? Even oil producing states as Akwa Ibom struggle to find funds for a proper terminal building, where will the governor pluck the money from?

The matured leadership of Chime is the way to go. Not ill advised childish tantrums over nothing.COOPERATION with the FG is the way to go. If they aren't doing it properly, we should work with them to correct the identified shortcoming.

Keep your insults to yourself. We don't need such childish, extreme criticism and senseless accusation of "militant and tantrums" to derail this thread. Look up definitions of "militant and tantrums" before you accuse someone of such. I'm one of Chime's biggest supporters. Yes, I use hyperbole and write in metaphor occasionally. If you are well versed in the use of English and figure of speech, you will would certainly get my drift. When I say Chime should take FG to court to hands of the project, I mean figuratively not literally. I don't know the quality of your education but please spare such rash and shameless criticism. We don't need to antagonize each other here but to form ideas for our people. Some speak passionately, some speak solemnly. You don't have to like how I word my opinion, but MUST respect it. Some of your posts are radical in nature, I may not agree with you but I respect them. This is a civilized behavior required of humanity to coexist peacefully!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
basilo101: Our next governor is here

Who's he

I thought it was either going to be Asogwa or Speaker Odoh

Rumour also has it that Itanyi is interested

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Good discussion
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
Innovator90:

Keep your insults to yourself. We don't need such childish criticism here of "militant and tantrums". Look up definition of "militant and tantrums" before you accuse someone of such. Yes, I use hyperbole and write in metaphor occasionally. If you are well versed in the use of English and figure of speech, you will would certainly not get my drift. When I say Chime to take FG to court to hands of the project, I mean figuratively not literally. I don't know the quality of your education but please spare such rash criticism. We don't ned to antagonize each other here but to form ideas for our people.

Bro, I am not here to antagonize you.You have a right to your opinion, which by the way i agreed with. Just the tone of language was uncalled for. Yes, some people write English better than others but their contribution is often empty, and bereft of any concrete ideas except of course telling you to replicate Hong Kong in Enugu without offering any strategic road-map of how to do it with the available resources. While other may write bad English and with a few wrong spellings, but their contribution is very rich in ideas.

I learnt in another NL thread that if you have nothing to say in a discussion, you should begin lecturing the other fellow about literature. We are simply here to pool ideas together in a clear comprehensible way. Hypobole,simile, metaphor or irony,you lecture me about, isn't necessary because I'm not in your literature class. You'd be surprised at the educational level of some people on NL, which isn't the issue. We are here because we want to share ideas on how to realistically develop our land within the available resources.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
basilo101: Our next governor is here
who is he? Hope he hasn't been endorsed (which could make him to start behaving radical when elected). Let all the candidates vying have equal opportunity, we don't want a candidate impose on us against our wish.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
cjrane:

I am with you Bro. But i don't think you should sound so militant while begging the governor to read your post. He has tried beyond all of our expectations for someone with only a paltry $550 million dollars budget for the entire year. We are in a hurry to develop because the others before him had no vision or simply preferred to use the excuses of low budget to do nothing at all.If every previous regime had some vision and did a little, it won't all be so pressing now. The same is even more true for Anambra before Peter Obi who was undoubtedly the only visionary leader that state had ever experienced came on board in 2006.

You are always making excuses for chime at the slightest thing.
The guy's message is clear, Chime should see to that airport just as Kwankwaso has been over protective of kano airport.
QED

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ekoibile: 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Innovator90:

Great point. It's no longer a surprise that most developed countries know that the Igbos are very industrious people and remain the driving factor of Nigeria. These people would love to deal directly with us especially Chinese since we account for 90% of their transactions with Nigerians. But we need to do the basics! This goes back to my point that Enugu most build a functional airport. Anything short of this will set Igboland development back to 20 yrs and I'll personally blame Chime for this....how he allowed that nonsense, below mediocre of remodelling at his watch still baffles me for someone of his caliber with sheer taste for quality. He has to monitor closely whatever Federal Aviation is building, if it's short what he has in mind to attract investors, tourists and people in general to the state and region, he should take Federal Aviation court and force them to hands off the project to him to build it as he wishes for the interest of Enugu and SE region. A functional airport attracts airline companies and people to it...you rarely need to plead, convince or lobby for them to have direct flight out of Enugu. They will be the ones begging you to use your airport. I don't know how big this airport is, why are they hiding the plan from us? As I speak now, there is virtually no 3d plan of this new on-going airport they are building for us....if you have one, pls post it here! Why is the Federal Aviation hiding the plan from the public? You can hide it as you want but don't build us nonsense like the raggedy remodeled work done and expect it to attract investors and people. Show us the plan now so we can assess, critique it and tell the government what needs to be added or improved. Entire SE region is now on overdrive in development; I have never witnessed such massive development going on in SE particularly in Enugu and Anambra; it's unprecedented. We don't need nobody to delay us any further.

The spine of my message is the on-going Enugu International Airport is supposed to be a regional airport, and must, I repeat must rival or best Lagos and Abuja...this is common sense. If you are not thinking along these lines, then certainly you are not looking at the future of SE region. We need a very functional, international-standard airport to boast the growth of a people(Ndigbo) that controls the wealth of this country. As I have mentioned before, it must have capability for flight connections, house multiple airline companies, aircraft hangers, cargo, e.t.c., these are what airline companies look for to use your facility. We sometimes ignore all these things and don't realize how indispensable these are for an airport to function to its full capacity and ability. Most of us who fly internationally; rarely seldom pause to think, why is it that these Western, Asian, or even some African airports are well organized, your luggage are out of the carousel in no long time; everything is in condition as you had it when checked in. We never bother to think the size and complexity of work these people are doing in the logistical arm of the airport operation...it's critical, just as important as the passenger arm, and most Nigerian airports score 1/10 on a scale of 10 with respect to logistics. I know some people are wondering why I harp on this some much; I do because I expect another deja vu...build us another mediocre airport that looks barely 20% of the cost appropriated for it.

Shebi all Ibo states have equal stake in this airport? I remember all states in the Iboland shouting for it. But what you see now is the clannish mentality ibos are known for. The airport is now there for them and suddenly one ibo state governor of Enogu is being catapulted above other Ibo governors for what all of them fought for. Why is he the one to halt the work and take the FG to court for what doesn't belong to his state alone? A people who can’t recognize what supposed to be their common wealth but yet want leadership in Yoruba land. What a people!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
ekoibile:
Shebi all Ibo states have equal stake in this airport? I remember all states in the Iboland shouting for it. But what you see now is the clannish mentality ibos are known for. The airport is now there for them and suddenly one ibo state governor of Enogu is being catapulted above other Ibo governors for what all of them fought for. Why is he the one to halt the work and take the FG to court for what doesn't belong to his state alone? A people who can’t recognize what supposed to be their common wealth but yet want leadership in Yoruba land. What a people!

Who is this yoruba thing? Somebody should pls block this smelly backward nuisance from mud and red roof slums immediately...block him out of here. Spyder880 may have tolerated your stupidity in his house project threads, but we'll not tolerate you here. This is an Igbo forum for Igbos only, so stay away from here. Don't let Chino catch your yoruba azz!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by future001: 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
042 Representing in the entertainment industry. Phyno has really inspired a lot of our youths and created a new culture of Igbo Rap.

Pls enjoy on the link below Tidinz - Paa Cool ft Yung6ix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8--UL3edoY

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Keeping the surrounding clean is a great thing to do. But most importantly planting trees, grass and flowers to transform the entire environment into a true campus feel is a begging issue in our higher institutions. We must teach young people that a conducive environment is just as important as the building itself. The best place to impact that awareness is in the universities...... and you can only do so by planting trees and flowers so that they see the difference between the campus environment to their hometown.
UNN has trees, grasses and flowers. the place he posted was cleared for landscaping after which new trees and flowers will be planted. check the pics below

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
Inside

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
christejames: who is he? Hope he hasn't been endorsed (which could make him to start behaving radical when elected). Let all the candidates vying have equal opportunity, we don't want a candidate impose on us against our wish.
looks like he will be imposed. heard he is from Ibagwa-ani in Nsukka LGA and was among those who treated chime in London

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
basilo101:
looks like he will be imposed. heard he is from Ibagwa-ani in Nsukka LGA and was among those who treated chime in London
he is even a medic, i just hope the primary election would be free and fair devoid of manipulations.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.