Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:53 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1761572 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 9:11am On Apr 22, 2015
Are you not a clown to say that you have an ambition? JAMBITE has an ambition? You are not even a student to start with but a wanderer! cheesy cheesy

You have been wandering from place to place, from UNIZIK as a wanderer to Lagos trying to go to China as a wanderer and now you have wandered to Nsukka. Who knows where next you will wander to!

You are hopeless and useless to your parents who are equally wanderers. A look at your pictures makes my heart to weep for you. You need help ASAP..let us put the joke aside..you really need help! If I am that wicked I would have sent your pictures to some system men at UNN/UNEC to look for you and teach you the final lesson.

Go and cure yourself of AIDS first before coming here to rant like an i.diot.

Nnewi1stSon:
I'm yet to pass Jamb, yet i'm already studying at one of the best universities in the country. I know your senility has gradually degenerated to to an illness worse than Alzheimers. You must really think every other person is as "Ambitionless" as yourself... At your age all you can boast of as an achievement is being a "P.A" to a commissioner carrying his files around like a hopeless degenerate! Like I said I won't banter words with you. I know you seek to derail this thread. I shall not grant you that wish.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
Somewhere between Nowas junction and Penoks filling station.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2015

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
My man centje, I know say one day, you go make us proud!

Your incandescent talent continues to blossom.
This is impressive.
Jide ka I ji!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2015

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
Polo park mall Enugu, NOW. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
spyder880:

This is the beginning of even greater things ahead. Keep it up bro.
thanks sir spyder cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
passion007:
My man centje, I know say one day, you go make us proud!

Your incandescent talent continues to blossom.
This is impressive.
Jide ka I ji!
you see how your encouragements are pushing me, Dr. Thanks a lot, dear!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
spyder880:
Polo park mall Enugu, NOW. cheesy
more companies are still moving into the polo mall. I heard Genesis deluxe cinema now has 3D cinema.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PhockPhockMan: 10:33am On Apr 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan, thanks man! cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igbonazy: 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
I need someone who can modify this pix, Make it more exotic,like what you find in Europe. Name your price and how payment can be made.

I want those crappy clutters to go. I need a beautiful roads with markings. No open gutters. No flowers.
Just a wide beautiful road with zebra crossing etc

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igbonazy: 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
Something like this

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Igbonazy:
Something like this
Funnily enough the so called leaders have spent years abroad in many cases yet their thick skulls cannot copy or learn what a proper street should look like. They still return and build these nasty streets with no sidewalks and disgusting open drains. Their followers are even more ignorant. I read a post recently where one guy was praising his governor for building a road "with very deep drainages" ie big open gutters. I mean, where do you start?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 11:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Funnily enough the so called leaders have spent years abroad in many cases yet their thick skulls cannot copy or learn what a proper street should look like. They still return and build these nasty streets with no sidewalks and disgusting open drains. Their followers are even more ignorant. I read a post recently where one guy was praising his governor for building a road "with very deep drainages" ie big open gutters. I mean, where do you start?

My brother, the most important thing is to have the right institutions and not necessarily leaders.
Having a statewide building code and educating the town planning authority how to enforce them will transform Nigeria rather than individuals. Before i went to USA, my husband lived in Houston, Texas. When he moved to Atlanta Georgia and sent me pictures of the new city, i just secretly thought he was lying because the cities looked EXACTLY the same.How can cities apart as Lagos and Kaduna look exactly the same?, i asked myself. Eventually, he explained that all parts of USA enforce same building codes. So looking at a highway in Texas, it will resemble the one in Indiana or Arizona. It will be hard to enforce a national building code for Nigeria, but some progressive states such as Enugu should develop a building code for every infrastructure placed in the state. So if it is a state law for every house to have a covered gutter in front, the LGA will either tax the landlords so that they can provide it or ask the property owner to provide and meet the law.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 25, 2015
angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
OreMI22:

My brother, the most important thing is to have the right institutions and not necessarily leaders.
Having a statewide building code and educating the town planning authority how to enforce them will transform Nigeria rather than individuals. Before i went to USA, my husband lived in Houston, Texas. When he moved to Atlanta Georgia and sent me pictures of the new city, i just secretly thought he was lying because the cities looked EXACTLY the same.How can cities apart as Lagos and Kaduna look exactly the same?, i asked myself. Eventually, he explained that all parts of USA enforce same building codes. So looking at a highway in Texas, it will resemble the one in Indiana or Arizona. It will be hard to enforce a national building code for Nigeria, but some progressive states such as Enugu should develop a building code for every infrastructure placed in the state. So if it is a state law for every house to have a covered gutter in front, the LGA will either tax the landlords so that they can provide it or ask the property owner to provide and meet the law.
First-class contribution cool

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Pictures from Meniru street Idaw River, Enugu

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mayor market, between Amechi bus stop and Mayor bus stops all at Achara layout, Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
Agbani road

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ziks avenue. .....

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
spyder880:
Ziks avenue. .....

Igboson and a few others have always advocated the use of flowers in our medians like the first picture of Ebeano tunnel.

For me, that would be great. But, we know that is just too much to expect all over the city. So i would suggest that we always cover our road median with concrete to make it look great like the second picture when flowers are not feasible or refused to grow.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
christejames:
congratulation to you big bro, wishing the very best.

Kcinho:

odogwu jisie ike. o diro ofele

Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
Do you know the Igbo ezue centre in Enugu around the airport in Emene Enugu? I heard that it was very Rochas Okorocha that built it? I will visit the place for a comprehensive coverage of pictures. I heard there is a prayer ground or something?

Does anyone here know anything about it?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by EzeUche(m): 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
Enugu is truly the Igbo capital. cool

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WIZGUY69(m): 11:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
Igbonazy:
I need someone who can modify this pix, Make it more exotic,like what you find in Europe. Name your price and how payment can be made.

I want those crappy clutters to go. I need a beautiful roads with markings. No open gutters. No flowers.
Just a wide beautiful road with zebra crossing etc

Thief!

why can't you leave Enugu the way it is? cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:07am On Apr 27, 2015
Permit my little knowledge, but I didn't notice this building so much even as a resident of Enugu, this building is beside the Emene airport building, between the airport and Anammco. Iconic structure. The person I asked told me Rochas Okorocha has a hand in this building, is this true?

More pictures here http://amazingviewpoints..com/

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 27, 2015
spyder880:
Permit my little knowledge, but I didn't notice this building so much even as a resident of Enugu, this building is beside the Emene airport building, between the airport and Anammco. Iconic structure. The person I asked told me Rochas Okorocha has a hand in this building, is this true?

More pictures here http://amazingviewpoints..com/
I think he has a hand, judging from the architectural design of the house, it's similar to his structures in owerri including the designed street lamps.

This is the kind of thing I want to see in igbo land, collective development, that's the best way igbos can move faster.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 27, 2015
Just got transferred to Enugu. Enugu, ebe ona kpotu.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (692) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.