Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1780404 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shineeye: 9:39am On May 07, 2015
LAGOS—Operatives of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, at Akanu Ibiam International Airport, AIIA, Enugu, have arrested a Lagos pastor over drug trafficking.
The suspect, Daniel Lanre Akintola, 43, was caught with 1.978kg of heroin concealed in the false bottom of his luggage.
This is coming just a few weeks after a Lagos-based pastor was arrested for smuggling narcotics to South Africa at the Lagos Airport.
Vanguard gathered that another suspect, Onwueg-busi Tochukwu Victor, 48, was also arrested with 51.5kg of ephedrine found inside his luggage.

NDLEA commander at the Enugu Airport, Mr. Nsikak-Abasi Udoh, disclosed that the 43-year-old pastor wanted to abandon his luggage at the arrival hall for fear of arrest.
He said: “Mr. Daniel Lanre Akintola unlawfully possessed 1.978kg of heroin, while returning from Entebbe, a major town in Central Uganda.
“He wanted to abandon the luggage, but we detected his intention. The drug was carefully concealed in a false bottom of his luggage.
“The second suspect is a businessman who had parcels of ephedrine weighing 51.5kg, which he wanted to smuggle to Ma-puto, Mozambique.
They are being investigated.”
Akintola, who claimed ownership of the bag containing heroin, said he was returning from a pastor’s conference.
He said: “I am a pastor with one of the pentecostal churches, at Ipaja, Lagos. I attended a minister’s conference in Uganda.
“This bag, where heroin was found, is my bag but I am a pastor and not a drug trafficker.”
The suspect, who hails from Oyo State but lives in Lagos, could not produce evidence that he actually attended a minister’s conference in Uganda.
Besides, he also did not give any reason for leaving Entebbe, Uganda, en-route Addis Ababa, to Enugu.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/ndlea-arrests-pastor-
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2015
social2008:

Bro what is the distance from Enugu to Nsukka, i mean how many hours journey by road (or flight) lol.
approximately one hour if your car was fast enough but 1hr 30mins, if your car was quite slow. As for the flight, there is no airport or aerodrome at Nsukka presently but in no distance time we would have one in this zone... LOL!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PhockPhockMan: 12:20pm On May 07, 2015
customized13:
One more probs I have, my device picture sizes are too large. I gas dey conserve mb na grin

Still, I want to post pictures here cry

What do I do?
Download photo resizer.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PhockPhockMan: 12:26pm On May 07, 2015
customized13:
Can someone tell me how to compress picture size? undecided
Download photo resizer.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:57pm On May 07, 2015
The state of road repairs along Holy Ghost cathedral Enugu

The newest developments around the start of Ogui road could all be seen here http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lacosanostra: 10:52pm On May 07, 2015
Got into Enugu yesterday and was happy work had resumed on that Holyghost rd, but what I can't imagine was y people are sucidal, imagine trading(Ogbete traders) right in the middle of the road being constructed, I wonder y the company could not chase them away and even where the government officials were.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 07, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Download photo resizer.
kk thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:05am On May 08, 2015
lacosanostra:
Got into Enugu yesterday and was happy work had resumed on that Holyghost rd, but what I can't imagine was y people are sucidal, imagine trading(Ogbete traders) right in the middle of the road being constructed, I wonder y the company could not chase them away and even where the government officials were.

Its terrible.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:07am On May 08, 2015
And if caterpillar injures someone, they will blame it all on the devil, who is even at home enjoying his siesta grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:40am On May 08, 2015
New developments around Ogui road. .....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 10:29am On May 08, 2015
christejames:
approximately one hour if your car was fast enough but 1hr 30mins, if your car was quite slow. As for the flight, there is no airport or aerodrome at Nsukka presently but in no distance time we would have one in this zone... LOL!
Nsukka is b/w 45 mins to 1hr if u go tru 9th mile and 30 - 45 mins tru d new Nike-Opi road

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:48am On May 08, 2015
spyder880:
And if caterpillar injures someone, they will blame it all on the devil, who is even at home enjoying his siesta grin grin grin

I like the fact they are covering the drainages. I was scared initially because they are too wide to be left open.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lyntiffany(f): 11:11am On May 08, 2015
jazzydee:
Truth be told the abia state and ebonyi state secretariat built by T A orji and martin elechi are much better looking and has bigger capacity than this overhype. Enugu secretariat that chime is and will not complete by may 29 2015.
don't make me laugh pls, are you talking about the Secretariat in Enugu abakaliki road close to Peugeot office or a new one? pls I graduated from Ebonyi state uni and I know the nook and cranny of the city so choose another pattern of lies.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 11:41am On May 08, 2015
christejames:

LOL at the bolded.Many airports in northern Nigeria are only used by the private jets of their state governor to fly to Abuja. Imagine the colossal waste of billions which could have been used to better peoples lives sunk into a such a useless which project nobody uses? grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just love how people think building airports in every town is a type of development.
Without asking themselves which airlines would go there, which people will book the air tickets. Just Nigerians and their mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:01pm On May 08, 2015
OreMI22:

LOL at the bolded.Many airports in northern Nigeria are only used by the private jets of their state governor to fly to Abuja. Imagine the colossal waste of billions which could have been used to better peoples lives sunk into a such a useless which project nobody uses? grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just love how people think building airports in every town is a type of development.
Without asking themselves which airlines would go there, which people will book the air tickets. Just Nigerians and their mentality.
there can still have aerodrome for private jets and other commercial airline not necessarily an airport. Many international scholars that visit UNN often, won't experience the stress and pang of our bumpy roads and would made the journey smooth and faster. You can't compare the standard of living or per capita income of those in the north to the east. If we have such facility here, I know even the market women would afford the fare to shuttle between Enugu and Nsukka. Wow! Let me stop pulling our legs biko... I only replied the chap in a sarcastic way, I know building such project would gulp fortune and might even end up a grandiose or white elephant project. Thanks bro, still learning from you all!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:02pm On May 08, 2015
basilo101:

Nsukka is b/w 45 mins to 1hr if u go tru 9th mile and 30 - 45 mins tru d new Nike-Opi road
copied... Thanks big bro, I do appreciate!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 11:26pm On May 08, 2015
[size=18pt]Mbaka why Part II[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oGwc4Kj4oM

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:17am On May 09, 2015
Just left eastern shop supermarket, going back to my house.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 09, 2015
Anybody stay in Maryland estate here?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2015
customized13:
Anybody stay in Maryland estate here?

A lot.
Question should be, ' is there still space in the estate? '
it's loma Linda estate

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 09, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

A lot.
it's loma Linda estate
do u stay there?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2015
customized13:
do u stay there?
no. relation does
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 09, 2015
The images are annoying. Smh... angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 09, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

no.
relation does
oh, cool then.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:32pm On May 09, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

A lot.
it's loma Linda estate

Loma Linda was sold out even during Chimaroke days.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 2:34pm On May 09, 2015
customized13:
oh, cool then.
we should learn to plant trees around our neighbourhood..i just imagine how hot and humid this place would be this period

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 09, 2015
asha80:
we should learn to plant trees around our neighbourhood..i just imagine how hot and humid this place would be this period
I swear, very hot. Enugu has trees planted everywhere but still kinda hot.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 10:00pm On May 09, 2015
customized13:
I swear, very hot. Enugu has trees planted everywhere but still kinda hot.

We don't have trees in Enugu, aside GRA and government house area. Trees should be lined up along streets to provide shades for people during intense sunshine. What would it cost to plant trees anyway?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:41pm On May 09, 2015
biafrandream:

We don't have trees in Enugu, aside GRA and government house area. Trees should be lined up along streets to provide shades for people during intense sunshine. What would it cost to plant trees anyway?

there are lots of trees in independence layout though
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:40am On May 10, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

there are lots of trees in independence layout though

And old GRA too.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Trypa(f): 7:33am On May 10, 2015
Please house am here to ask you guys for a favour please
VOTE TRYPA AS NEXT MISS NAIRALAND www.nairaland.com/trypa
Please am counting on you guys. Thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by frankzone: 8:26am On May 10, 2015
write2obi:

Actually the swimming pool has never being used, it was constructed during the Nuga games hosted by UNN around 2010 but was not yet ready until after the game .
UNN hosted NUGA games in 2008, I supplied contractors materials there, the stadium was used in the games but the stands wasn't completed but the pool was ready

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.