Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779111 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 1:24am On Dec 31, 2017
PDPGuy:
^^
I thought the airport is closed. Or have they opened it without the knowledge of the media?

BTW, it’s nice that Ethiopian Airlines has brought the A350 to Enugu, which is a sign of increasing passenger numbers.

The airport is partially closed to enable the useless FAAN complete some work on the runway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 3:00am On Dec 31, 2017
ARROBA:

The airport is partially closed to enable the useless FAAN complete some work on the runway
Ok
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
APPEAL FOR AN ORGANIZED TAXI CAB SERVICE AT AKANU IBIAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

I wish to appeal to Enugu state government to look into the manner which taxi cab operators at AIIA, Enugu operate.

I personally observed that some taxi cab at the airport were not registered, hassle passengers like motor park to enter their vehicle. The worst part was that i picked one for an interstate drop with a relative who arrived at the airport. The cab driver first took us to a house and stayed more than 40 minutes inside the house! I was so uncomfortable because i feared i was being set up for robbery, yet could not call anyone to complain or report the cab driver because they didn't really have a union at the airport. I thank God that eventually i got to my destination safely.

If as a Nigerian who can fluently speak Igbo, i felt so unsafe, Imagine what foreigners experience would be like. If it's a tourist, would they return?

I am using this media to appeal to those who are in a position to do something to work towards organizing the taxi cab system at AIIA. If we want the place to be safely used by Nigerians and foreigners, we must get the taxi service at the airport well regulated so that passengers can safely pick any cab at the airport to any destination and do so with confidence in their cab driver.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ka Chukwu Okike Abiama mezie okwu

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 3:23am On Jan 01, 2018
Options for acquiring properties at Jedidiah Gardens & Elshammah Estate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2pN5o3yUSE

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jamjo: 7:57am On Jan 01, 2018
Cjrane2:

Options for acquiring properties at Jedidiah Gardens & Elshammah Estate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2pN5o3yUSE

Enough of all this ugly open drainage, please can anyone tell me the advantages of open drainage in the southeast?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
jamjo:

Enough of all this ugly open drainage, please can anyone tell me the advantages of open drainage in the southeast?

No advantage aside from being cheap. Once there's no regulation from the govt, developers will always go the cheapest route.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

Those wicked people. Their ultimate plan is to completely shut down the eastern airspace.

After shutting down Enugu, they will find an excuse to quickly shut down Owerri airport. Just like they shut down Asaba airport.
Then their plan is to divert the traffic to Lagos, Kaduna and Kano

Very wicked evil people we share a country with.

These wicked people are still diverting Enugu flights to Lagos!

Didn't they say their runway "repair" was going to last from 22nd of december to 27th december 2017 and only after 3:00pm?

This is now January , 2018 and they are still diverting Enugu bound flights to Lagos and not even Port Harcourt as they stated in the announcement?

So, how will the passengers get to Enugu if they were not told they will be going to Lagos until the last minute?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
Cjrane2:

Didn't they say their runway "repair" was going to last from 22nd of december to 27th december 2017 and only after 3:00pm?

This is now January , 2018 and they are still diverting Enugu bound flights to Lagos and not even Port Harcourt as they stated in the announcement?

So, how will the passengers get to Enugu if they were not told they will be going to Lagos until the last minute?

Is there a way for the people to protest massively against the Ohaneze and the governors...as they told the youths to channel all request through them...and not any other groups...?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
Cooly100:

Is there a way for the people to protest massively against the Ohaneze and the governors...as they told the youths to channel all request through them...and not any other groups...?

I think it is time to protest the deliberately mischievous and incessant disruption of operations at the airport. They now specifically target the only international flight and allow the local flights. Why? It overtly shows the plan here. I also hope those that dug those holes on the runway claiming to "fix" the airport are documented if any accident occurs there due to what they did on that runway, they need to face legal action.

Now they say it's "weather". Meanwhile, the same "harmattan weather" does not disrupt services in Kaduna airport located in the middle of harmattan region.

In any case, why not divert to the nearest airports of Owerri or Port Harcourt airports to minimize the stress on the passengers as they pledged to do in their public announcement?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
Cjrane2:

I think it is time to protest the deliberately mischievous and incessant disruption of operations at the airport. They now specifically target the only international flight and allow the local flights. Why? It overtly shows the plan here. I also hope those that dug those holes on the runway claiming to "fix" the airport are documented if any accident occurs there due to what they did on that runway, they need to face legal action.

Now they say it's "weather". Meanwhile, the same "harmattan weather" does not disrupt services in Kaduna airport located in the middle of harmattan region.

In any case, why not divert to the nearest airport of Owerri or Port Harcourt to minimize the stress on the passengers?

These things can be localised. The heat should be put on the governors and Ohaneze. Since they stated that all griveances should be tabled thrrough them to the FG. See what they are doing in Iran. Everyone knows there is deliberate policy by the FG to shut down the SE..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
Cooly100:

These things can be localised. The heat should be put on the governors and Ohaneze. Since they stated that all griveances should be tabled thrrough them to the FG. See what they are doing in Iran. Everyone knows there is deliberate policy by the FG to shut down the SE..

I do agree that there needs to be a protest against the plan by some NAAN and NCAA to frustrate international operations at AIIA,Enugu.
They now "mistakenly" omit to refer to it as one of the 5 international airports in Nigeria. Instead, they emphasize Kaduna airport. Not that i have anything against Kaduna, but they should not try to kill the only International airport in the SE zone just to have two Intl. airports in the NW zone.
Let the international airports in Kaduna exist, let Kano exist, let Abuja exist, let Lagos, Enugu and Port Harcourt exist. Let Nigerians choose the airport which is closest to their destination as it is done in civilized countries

We inhabit a space called a "country" with people who treat us no less wickedness than a hate-filled enemy. It is unfortunate the type of countrymen that we are stuck with. But, i think everything should be pursued in a civil manner with dialogue and legal action against specific persons responsible for the sabotage of the airport presently going on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2018
Cjrane2:

Flights are landing. It is just that it is beign delayed (sometimes lands in Lagos before proceeding to Enugu) due to the harmattan.

Below is from Wilson Uche facebook post showing the arrival of the flights at Enugu Airport.I think he is the Etiopian Airline marketing manager based in Enugu

Todays 4th of December at Ajanu Ibiam International airport.
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AohIxPTkfe4 [/url]

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
ARROBA:

Flights are landing. It is just that it is beign delayed (sometimes lands in Lagos before proceeding to Enugu) due to the harmattan.

Below is from Wilson Uche facebook post showing the arrival of the flights at Enugu Airport.I think he is the Etiopian Airline marketing manager based in Enugu

Todays 4th of December at Ajanu Ibiam International airport.
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AohIxPTkfe4 [/url]

Oga mi,
I know a flight landed today in Enugu and took the passengers who had been stranded since Tuesday. it's not today's flight that were referenced to in the previous post.

They diverted Enugu flights to Lagos on last Tuesday January 2nd 2018 and again on Tuesday December 26th 2017.
They made a lot of people trying to fly out of Enugu last Tuesday stranded at the airport as they asked them to board a flight to Lagos or come back on Thursday (Today). They had suddenly diverted the flight to Lagos as it approached Enugu without even informing Ethiopian airlines. So we had to take back our already checked in luggage.

They also diverted the flight of Thursday December 28th 2017 to Port harcourt and then recalled it back to Enugu a few minutes before it landed in Port harcourt.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2018
Cjrane2:

Oga mi,
I know a flight landed today in Enugu and took the passengers who had been stranded since Tuesday. it's not today's flight that were referenced to in the previous post.

They diverted Enugu flights to Lagos on last Tuesday January 2nd 2018 and again on Tuesday December 26th 2017.
They made a lot of people trying to fly out of Enugu last Tuesday stranded at the airport as they asked them to board a flight to Lagos or come back on Thursday (Today). They had suddenly diverted the flight to Lagos as it approached Enugu without even informing Ethiopian airlines. So we had to take back our already checked in luggage.

They also diverted the flight of Thursday December 28th 2017 to Port harcourt and then recalled it back to Enugu a few minutes before it landed in Port harcourt.

The diversion could have been due to the wheather condition (harmattan) at the airport or due to the so called palliative work on the runway?

Does anyone know if the palliative work on the runway has been completed as it was meant to be completed on the 4th of January?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:38am On Jan 09, 2018
This is a summary of some of our works in 2017, as we step into a 2018 laden with hope and progress.

https://www.nairaland.com/2060748/tigerkenn-homes-annual-summary-page/1

Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Arinze96(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
spyder880:
This is a summary of some of our works in 2017, as we step into a 2018 laden with hope and progress.

https://www.nairaland.com/2060748/tigerkenn-homes-annual-summary-page/1

Thank you all.
Happy new year bro.
Like how much can one build a 3 bedroom bungalow in Aku, Enugu state with already available land?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:39am On Jan 10, 2018
Arinze96:

Happy new year bro.
Like how much can one build a 3 bedroom bungalow in Aku, Enugu state with already available land?

I know Aku in Igbo etiti local government area. But we can only determine the cost of the 3 bedroom bungalow when we are sure of the design of the building, and most importantly, the size. When you are ready, we can give you a sketch of the building and from there give you a quotation for the cost. You can reach me on 0803 335 0750 (voice and WhatsApp)
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Daewang: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Enugu adigo mma
Chukwu gozie Enugu goziekwa ala Igbo niile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2018
They are still working on the Enugu Onitsha express road today. From around Ninth mile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:52am On Jan 11, 2018
More

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:59am On Jan 11, 2018
Ashphalt

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Daewang: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
I wonder what Enugu government is doing to increase IGR.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 6:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daewang:
I wonder what Enugu government is doing to increase IGR.

Before this new government, this thread was moving very fast with pictures of infrastructural development in the state, especially Enugu. But today there is hardly any major investment in the capital city. Enugu state is now last of all the states in SE in terms of development. We see images from Imo, Anambra, Ebony and even Abia states. Can people who are resident in the state, kindly post pictures of any development in the City. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
We have fallen into the ignorant trap of believing IGR = Development.
IGR is how much people are taxed. A lot of development comes from reducing and eliminating tax. I hope this ignorance ends within this generation because it's senseless.

There are states that double and triple tax people property and goods, but someone will see this on a spreadsheet and clap because it's "IGR".

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
We have fallen into the ignorant trap of believing IGR = Development.
IGR is how much people are taxed. A lot of development comes from reducing and eliminating tax. I hope this ignorance ends within this generation because it's senseless.

There are states that double and triple tax people property and goods, but someone will see this on a spreadsheet and clap because it's "IGR".
IGR is logically borne from development. The more developed a place is, the more investors and in turn, the more revenue that accrues from it. A state that has 20 5 star hotels and one that has just 5, which do you think is more developed assuming that is the only basis for comparison and also assuming all other things remain equal.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2018
Stingman:

Before this new government, this thread was moving very fast with pictures of infrastructural development in the state, especially Enugu. But today there is hardly any major investment in the capital city. Enugu state is now last of all the states in SE in terms of development. We see images from Imo, Anambra, Ebony and even Abia states. Can people who are resident in the state, kindly post pictures of any development in the City. Thanks
There's nothing happening in Enugu that isn't natural. If you're looking for those massive and deliberate developments then i think, you can get such from Imo, Ebonyi and Anambra not Enugu. We mistake the fact that Enugu has been developed to some certain level and is beautiful to think that it has somehow experienced some sort of urban renaissance.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
Afam4eva:

IGR is logically borne from development. The more developed a place is, the more investors and in turn, the more revenue that accrues from it. A state that has 20 5 star hotels and one that has just 5, which do you think is more developed assuming that is the only basis for comparison and also assuming all other things remain equal.

This is a falsehood and a misconception. Unless there's a tax on 'development' then no, it's a tax on people and business. Anambra doesn't have a tax on new businesses. Ogun has a tax of N25,000 last I checked. If 500 new businesses open in Anambra and 2 in Ogun, what will the IGR figures look like? If the state chooses to tax it's hotels, that's one thing. If the state doesn't that's another. If the hotels are being overtaxed, or double taxed, which is usually the case in this zoo, then, again, another thing.

In most developed countries there's a win that's for taxation and a wing that's against. In Nigeria, there's an ideologically bankrupt march towards celebrating government revenue. High taxes, or taxes in general, slow down the flow of high volume business which is sometimes a good thing, sometimes bad.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 8:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
I stand with Ofodirinwa on this issue of IGR...

IGR is simply taxes on goods and services.

Just to import goods to sell in the EAST, the average Igbo trader has already paid multiple levies, bribes, transportation and taxes. Now imagine if the eastern governors taxed him on top of all that expenses.

The LOW IGR is not a reflection of wealth in the EAST. Don't be deceived by those who say otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Daewang: 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
[quote author=Stingman post=64314037]

Nwanne buhari's regime is also contributing to the problem.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2018
[quote author=Daewang post=64317854][/quote]

Why is it not affecting other states in the SE? During the past government Enugu was the best in infrastructural development in the region.

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.