Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1781914 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:00am On Mar 22, 2018
Independence avenue is still as prestigious as ever. The streets still evoke that feeling of opulence even as you drive around.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 7:00am On Mar 22, 2018
Enugu us turning into something else. Nna see houses spring up overnight like flowers. Thank you spyder880 for the update.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:05am On Mar 22, 2018
horsepower101:
Enugu us turning into something else. Nna see houses spring up overnight like flowers. Thank you spyder880 for the update.

This city is just expanding into larger communities around Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:07am On Mar 22, 2018
The chilling coolness of old independence layout. .....

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 7:09am On Mar 22, 2018
spyder880:

This city is just expanding into larger communities around Enugu.

The growth is so rapid. My main concern is whether government can keep up with infrastructure especially roads. I hope there are plans to tar the roads in the new areas.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:17am On Mar 22, 2018
That's why we the patriotic residents laugh at them whenever they want us to pay all manner of levies, till they tar my street roads, am not paying for someone to drink pepersoup with our money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:20am On Mar 22, 2018
Let's go back to how cool it is to explore the areas where government did the road network, very neat.........

Cool and green cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 7:24am On Mar 22, 2018
spyder880:
That's why we the patriotic residents laugh at them whenever they want us to pay all manner of levies, till they tar my street roads, am not paying for someone to drink pepersoup with our money.

The truth is that more people will be willing to pay tax or levies if the use of the money is directly beneficial and transparent. The lack of transparency and corruption in the system discourages people.

I wish a growing city like Enugu can have its own independent mayor and use the taxes to build more infrastructures in the city. This is the standard practice all over the developed world.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:26am On Mar 22, 2018
The areas where streets are left dusty even inside Independence layout, what are they waiting for?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Mar 22, 2018
But no matter how you look at it, Enugu is still one gigantic city with the most friendly climate, peaceful people with good attitudes and you can be sure of having one thing here, PEACE OF MIND.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:57am On Mar 22, 2018
It seems like Enugu was created with only one purpose in mind, for people to have REST inside the city.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:14am On Mar 22, 2018
Spyder has ESWAMA upped their game in Enugu? This one I am not hearing if cabbage everywhere again
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mangood74: 9:42am On Mar 22, 2018
Happy faces everywhere you turn, a picture of the rapid development taking place behind Goshen estates. Around the new Artisan market areas. The area is heavily populated now.[

I want to buy land here

how much is one plot of land
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2018
mangood74:
Happy faces everywhere you turn, a picture of the rapid development taking place behind Goshen estates. Around the new Artisan market areas. The area is heavily populated now.[

I want to buy land here

how much is one plot of land

About N10m in the average. People who bought cheap are now reselling at a profit. But be careful, so many sharks out there in the waters.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 10:43am On Mar 22, 2018
horsepower101:

The truth is that more people will be willing to pay tax or levies if the use of the money is directly beneficial and transparent. The lack of transparency and corruption in the system discourages people.

I wish a growing city like Enugu can have its own independent mayor and use the taxes to build more infrastructures in the city. This is the standard practice all over the developed world.

You are right. The mayor will conentrate on Enugu and have his budget to build the the city and up coming surbubs.

As can be seen, Enugu has not seen any major project since this new administration came on board...as they focus on other towns....which is not bad on its on. But Enugu shouln't be neglected. A mayor would see to that...

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 10:46am On Mar 22, 2018
spyder880:
Let's go back to how cool it is to explore the areas where government did the road network, very neat.........

Cool and green cheesy

This is pure beauty...

Some people used to ask...where the people who live in these expensive properties work?

Enugu is not Lagos, Abuja or even PH with banks and insurance companies, oil companies, embassies, Federal institutions, or manufacturing complexes...lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mangood74: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
About N10m in the average. People who bought cheap are now reselling at a profit. But be careful, so many sharks out there in the waters

I need something in the neighborhood of 1.5 m to.2m

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
Cooly100:

This is pure beauty...

Some people used to ask...where the people who live in these expensive properties work?

Enugu is not Lagos, Abuja or even PH with banks and insurance companies, oil companies, embassies, Federal institutions, or manufacturing complexes...lol

The most surprising is Zoo Estate. How did those people who own properties there make their money?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jamjo: 2:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
spyder880:
Independence avenue is still as prestigious as ever. The streets still evoke that feeling of opulence even as you drive around.

Mr spyder880, to use the words prestigious and opulence to describe the pictures "Independence Avenue" please don't take offense but open drainage and mediocrity in the 21st century?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Mar 23, 2018
mangood74:

About N10m in the average. People who bought cheap are now reselling at a profit. But be careful, so many sharks out there in the waters

I need something in the neighborhood of 1.5 m to.2m

Obinagu town, near Emene, they are building houses in the streets already and you can start your building immediately. N2m with agents commission.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:49am On Mar 23, 2018
SoNature:

The most surprising is Zoo Estate. How did those people who own properties there make their money?

Hustling grin

Same way all those who own houses in Maitama, Asokoro and Banana island make their own money.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 8:35am On Mar 23, 2018
spyder880:

Hustling grin

Same way all those who own houses in Maitama, Asokoro and Banana island make their own money.

Mbanu. There are good jobs in Lagos. Some people are paid in dollars in Lagos. Yes, I have a cousin like that.

But what kinda jobs pays like that to enable someone acquire a plot of land for N30million in Enugu? That's shocking!

Biko kowaa

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by iamhorny(m): 9:36am On Mar 23, 2018
More pictures please. I'm loving what am seeing...Enugu Obodo Oma

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by whirlwind7(m): 9:38am On Mar 23, 2018
SoNature:

How did this estate acquire its name? Zoo estate?
Is there a zoo attached to it, or what? The name is unsettling.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 9:52am On Mar 23, 2018
SoNature:

Mbanu. There are good jobs in Lagos. Some people are paid in dollars in Lagos. Yes, I have a cousin like that.

But what kinda jobs pays like that to enable someone acquire a plot of land for N30million in Enugu? That's shocking!

Biko kowaa

Its because you go to Lagos and kill yourself to work in other people's business. Folks in Enugu are creative to create and run their own businesses.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:17am On Mar 23, 2018
SoNature:

Biko kowaa

Enugu is bigger than you think, and I don't know of any laws that stops people from doing good business and making their money in $ £ or €, even while living in the centre of Abakpa Nike. It depends on your outlook to life, that's what determines your achievements.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:24am On Mar 23, 2018
whirlwind7:

How did this estate acquire its name? Zoo estate?
Is there a zoo attached to it, or what? The name is unsettling.

The zoo estate, sometimes called the zoological gardens in Enugu was built right on the spot where Enugu had a zoo. There were a lot of wild animals in the zoo, lions, zebras, pythons, monkeys, deer and antelope species were showcased in the zoo for visitors to watch. I was taken there by my mum as a child and we saw many animals.

Governor Chimaroke Nnamani closed the zoo and shared the lands in the zoo as residential area, since the area is in the centre of the city, the value soared and only rich people could afford to buy or build there now. There are senators, governors and very heavy business men as neighbours in zoo estates. Sales started from about N3.5m in 2002, but you may not find a plot below N100m inside the estate today.

The streets inside zoo estate are all named after animals, you will see Lion avenue, Zebra street, gorilla boulevard etc grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 10:44am On Mar 23, 2018
Cjrane2:

Its because you go to Lagos and kill yourself to work in other people's business. Folks in Enugu are creative to create and run their own businesses.

Uncle, rest! You don't know Enugu more than I do because a bum nwa afo. I was born, 'bread' and buttered in 042 until I moved to Lagos to stay with the cousin I talked about for a while.

I am not here to tell u my history, but my point is that government should regulate how we do property valuation in Nigeria because Nigeria may get to a point where the cost of living will be so high that everyone will start going into crime to survive.

Keep in mind that I never posted that thing to belittle Enugu...nah. I like Enugu more than Lagos, but a man has to make money that's why I am here....just like Flavour, Phyno, etc.

Let me tell you the truth u don't know. My bro has a friend who rented a flat there, paying a crazy rent as usual.

Guess what, he's a G-Guy!

Truly, that's what a sizeable number of people do there, while some aren't based in Enugu.

Gini ka I na aru I ga-eji ego 1 plot N30 Million?

I go chazie ani I ga-eji mgbirimgba gi ruo uno? angry

I bu onye oshi?

Ka mpa gi ana akpu ego na CBN?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 10:44am On Mar 23, 2018
spyder880:

The zoo estate, sometimes called the zoological gardens in Enugu was built right on the spot where Enugu had a zoo. There were a lot of wild animals in the zoo, lions, zebras, pythons, monkeys, deer and antelope species were showcased in the zoo for visitors to watch. I was taken there by my mum as a child and we saw many animals.

Governor Chimaroke Nnamani closed the zoo and shared the lands in the zoo as residential area, since the area is in the centre of the city, the value soared and only rich people could afford to buy or build there now. There are senators, governors and very heavy business men as neighbours in zoo estates. Sales started from about N3.5m in 2002, but you may not find a plot below N100m inside the estate today.

The streets inside zoo estate are all named after animals, you will see Lion avenue, Zebra street, gorilla boulevard etc grin
not sure that move by chimaroke was a good one.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 10:49am On Mar 23, 2018
spyder880:

Hustling grin

Akuko. grin

Nice job, bro!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by whirlwind7(m): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2018
spyder880:

Wow. Thanks for the exposé. smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
SoNature:

Uncle, rest! You don't know Enugu more than I do because a bum nwa afo. I was born, 'bread' and buttered in 042 until I moved to Lagos to stay with the cousin I talked about for a while.

I am not here to tell u my history, but my point is that government should regulate how we do property valuation in Nigeria because Nigeria may get to a point where the cost of living will be so high that everyone will start going into crime to survive.

Keep in mind that I never posted that thing to belittle Enugu...nah. I like Enugu more than Lagos, but a man has to make money that's why I am here....just like Flavour, Phyno, etc.

Let me tell you the truth u don't know. My bro has a friend who rented a flat there, paying a crazy rent as usual.

Guess what, he's a G-Guy!

Truly, that's what a sizeable number of people do there, while some aren't based in Enugu.

Gini ka I na aru I ga-eji ego 1 plot N30 Million?

I go chazie ani I ga-eji mgbirimgba gi ruo uno? angry

I bu onye oshi?

Ka mpa gi ana akpu ego na CBN?

Egwu de kwa...

Check out these homes in 042...

I know most of Enugu but don't see where these folks could be working... cheesy cheesy

The city is booming.

The last pic is Zoo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.