Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,830 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779364 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2018
kettykings:

Truth be told , you cannot stampede the realisation of biafra like NK and ipob were trying to , Nigerian is dying a slow death, Nigeria is a terminally ill country , so why not allow the country to pass on peacefully , why be the catalyst to the demise of Niigeria, knowing fully well other parts of the country will abandon their brutal fate in the hands of herdsmen and boko haram to fight igbos if igbos declare biafra. my advice would have been to scale down on the street shows , then prepare or start preparing for the inveitable over run of the country by the herdsmen and their boko counter parts , induce the divestment of igbos from crisis likely prone areas and from abandoned property mentally induced regions , establish R and D centres that would wean igbos from their chronic addiction to cow meat.

It seems our generation quickly forgot the lesson of the last war where there was crisis in the middle belt (TIV crisis) and western region only for Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna to drag igbos into that mess with igbos still paying the wages for that misadventure till date while the west and middle belt reaped where they did not sow.

I totally agree that Igbos should not lead but collaborate with others who are also oppressed by this system.

I think some die hard Igbos will still remain in strange places in the north. But some wise ones already know they should leave now because after Buhari has lost the 2019 election, Almajiris will be induced to attack foreigners in northern states. But you know some of our people can NEVER see beyond their noses until death stares them in the face.

Yes, i disagreed with putting an immediate date for a referendum without having built international support for it. You must present your case and counter Nigerian government arguments with FACTS not propaganda as IPOB usually likes to do. If you have a just cause and you keep mixing it with lies, then you get to a point that even your supporters begin to doubt your case too.

I think the demand and agitation for a referendum should be pursued legally in international courtrooms in the UK, USA and other countries. Once the merits of a UN supervised Referendum on the Biafra question are determined to have been met based on Universal Human Rights Charter Declaration Of the UNITED NATIONS by several competent courts across the globe, then the governments of those countries are pressured to stop trade and arms shipment to a country like Nigeria committing all these secret heinous crimes against people. In time, the rotten pack of cards called Nigeria will collapse on it's own sins or forced to seek a structure that is fair to all and allows all to thrive peacefully.

Black South Africans stopped apartheid not only because of ANC street protests in Soweto and other black townships, the threat of mandatory international sanctions against a regime that discriminates against sections of her own people was the major key.

Pursuing a legal way to expose the daily atrocities in Nigeria to the citizens of the world and their governments will make them see the regime for what they truly are; -Murderers. But, you have to document the facts and present them in a court where they are cross-examined and upheld as facts.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
oga we are our own problem,last year ipbo was everywhere shaking nigeria,northern govs were coming to east for peace talks and way forward but since ipbo die down where are those northern govs?even one of the useless gov from north open his mouth infront of abia state gov seeing that ipbo is more threat than boko haram that has killed thousands of people,you and some other igbos here were saying that ipbo method were bad since ipbo has die down i am still waiting for a group of igbos that we come up with right method since ipbo method is bad.mark today igbos we see the full buhair from middle of 2019.
oga nk was not strategic in his ways.. that is the simple truth.. also calling for the boycott of that anambra election was ill thought out.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
asha80:
oga nk was not strategic in his ways.. that is the simple truth.. also calling for the boycott of that anambra election was ill thought out.
since nk is not strategic why not start up a stategic one?or better still stop crying over what nigeria govt is doing.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
cjrane:

Let me first say i support IPOB and all its aspirations.

The problem with MOST IPOB people is that once some slight difference in opinion for the best strategy occurs, they immediately attack you and say you never wanted Biafra and would prefer Nigeria. You guys must learn how to listen to yourselves and other and weigh every strategy carefully.

The strategy to boycott Anambra election was flawed from the start. Then NK turned it into him being from East Central state from where Anambra was carved. Thus exactly playing into the trap of those trying to portray him as Abia guy trying to ruin Anambra. Once he went there, no matter what he said, he could never win from that angle. However, in reality, the decision to boycott a gubernatorial election was silly. The election to boycott is the Presidential election and you must get elections not to hold in about 12 -13 states. That is the critical number that will prevent any winner from emerging.

The issue is that IPOB still think Biafra could be achieved with what happens in the SE as in the 1960s. NO!, Biafra will be achieved by what happens OUTSIDE the Southeast. Other oppressed Nigerians in Benue, Southern Kaduna, Southern minorities, some parts of Yorubaland must come together and decide that what is happening in Nigeria must STOP.

Ojukwu himself told us that we should not seek Biafra using his strategy. I still believe a measure of armed insurgency is required, but it must be planned to operate nationwide and meticulously avoid civilian casualties. What i have suggested isn't easy, but a disciplined group can easily pull it off with minimal casualties.
i heard you sir lets wait for another group and oppressed nigerian to achieve biafra for us maybe in the next 300yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
kettykings:

Truth be told , you cannot stampede the realisation of biafra like NK and ipob were trying to , Nigerian is dying a slow death, Nigeria is a terminally ill country , so why not allow the country to pass on peacefully , why be the catalyst to the demise of Niigeria, knowing fully well other parts of the country will abandon their brutal fate in the hands of herdsmen and boko haram to fight igbos if igbos declare biafra. my advice would have been to scale down on the street shows , then prepare or start preparing for the inveitable over run of the country by the herdsmen and their boko counter parts , induce the divestment of igbos from crisis likely prone areas and from abandoned property mentally induced regions , establish R and D centres that would wean igbos from their chronic addiction to cow meat.

It seems our generation quickly forgot the lesson of the last war where there was crisis in the middle belt (TIV crisis) and western region only for Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna to drag igbos into that mess with igbos still paying the wages for that misadventure till date while the west and middle belt reaped where they did not sow.
ok sir let us wait till nigeria die out but let us also stop crying like babies over what nigeria govt is doing to igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Daewang: 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kokolet11:
ok sir let us wait till nigeria die out but let us also stop crying like babies over what nigeria govt is doing to igbos.

From the comments I must agree with you. Igbos deserve everything they are suffering. The current Igbo race is critically lacking in WISDOM. With everything Igbos are suffering today that there are still "one nigeria" igbos in existence shows how foolish igbos are. Some will put others before their fellow igbos and igboland and when you talk they give stupid excuses like "it makes more business sense" or the most stupid one "igbos are accommodating" why can't you accommodate your land and people first?

Whenever someone rises to fight for igbos every idiot in the land will be fighting him until he goes instead of getting full support and then when everyone is back to square one the crying and complaining resumes again(is this an ancestral curse?). Just see how Nnamdi Kanu disappeared and igbos are not even concerned(what a shame). Right now I'm at the point of almost giving up on the igbo race.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:13am On Jun 18, 2018
Kokolet11:

There are two ways of achieving Biafra.

1. Wage a guerrilla war and kill those soldiers sent to kill Biafrans (Faster but bloody)

2. Pursue a legal diplomatic channel for a REFERENDUM through the United Nations universal declaration of human rights articles on freedom of association.(Slower but less bloody)

Palestinians have been seeking independence from Israel through a UN supervised referendum. it is still an ongoing process.

I personally think a combination of methods 1 & 2 is the best way to go.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2018
cjrane:

There are two ways of achieving Biafra.

1. Wage a guerrilla war and kill those soldiers sent to kill Biafrans (Faster but bloody)

2. Pursue a legal diplomatic channel for a REFERENDUM through the United Nations universal declaration of human rights articles on freedom of association.(Slower but less bloody)

Palestinians have been seeking independence from Israel through a UN supervised referendum. it is still an ongoing process.

I personally think a combination of methods 1 & 2 is the best way to go.
the question is what does igbos want?because as it stands now nobody knows what igbos want.ohaneze did their useless summit in awka up till today what has come out of it?they are shouting 2023 up and down while you and i knows that apc and bubu will never hand over to igbos.our best bet to achieve anything we wanted in igboland was ipob but we messed it up,nigerian was taking us serious but we mess things up.since boko started how many northern leaders has spoken about it?now is the best time to achieve biafra because time will come 8 out of 10 scurity men you see in nigeria will be an hausaman.it has already started.to achieve something in life you must lose,that is why in account we have profit and lost account.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 6:32am On Jun 18, 2018
Daewang:

From the comments I must agree with you. Igbos deserve everything they are suffering. The current Igbo race is critically lacking in WISDOM. With everything Igbos are suffering today that there are still "one nigeria" igbos in existence shows how foolish igbos are. Some will put others before their fellow igbos and igboland and when you talk they give stupid excuses like "it makes more business sense" or the most stupid one "igbos are accommodating" why can't you accommodate your land and people first?

Whenever someone rises to fight for igbos every idiot in the land will be fighting him until he goes instead of getting full support and then when everyone is back to square one the crying and complaining resumes again(is this an ancestral curse?). Just see how Nnamdi Kanu disappeared and igbos are not even concerned(what a shame). Right now I'm at the point of almost giving up on the igbo race.
oga i have given up on igbos long ago but sometimes i look back and feel ashamed of being an igboman.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Daewang: 6:37am On Jun 18, 2018
Kokolet11:
oga i have given up on igbos long ago but sometimes i look back and feel ashamed of being an igboman.

It is truly a sad state of affairs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 7:49am On Jun 18, 2018
Kokolet11:
since nk is not strategic why not start up a stategic one?or better still stop crying over what nigeria govt is doing.
you are the one crying here since yesterday.. have you seen me crying over anything here?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2018
asha80:
you are the one crying here since yesterday.. have you seen me crying over anything here?
lol Godforbid that i will cry over south east again.my business in igboland has ended long ago.if govt want they should down the enugu airport,leave the roads,the railways and others,is no more my business.always know that east can never be like dubia in nigeria.one thing that always draw me back in east are the poor masses not your type or others here.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2018
Kokolet11:
[b]lol Godforbid that i will cry over south east again.[/b]my business in igboland has ended long ago.if govt want they should down the enugu airport,leave the roads,the railways and others,is no more my business.always know that east can never be like dubia in nigeria.one thing that always draw me back in east are the poor masses not your type or others here.
then stop coming to lament

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DrGoodman: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2018
Kokolet11:
lol Godforbid that i will cry over south east again.my business in igboland has ended long ago.if govt want they should down the enugu airport,leave the roads,the railways and others,is no more my business.always know that east can never be like dubia in nigeria.one thing that always draw me back in east are the poor masses not your type or others here.

Afonja. Nobody needs your sinparty, billionaires are still being created everyday in the south east despite the government abandonment. The Igbo man were created to conquer, despite the odds. You chickened out and ran, like your brethren from afonja territory are known to do.
You all ran away from Obomosho, ado Ekiti, ibadan and ondo to live in Lagos that was developed with federal oil money. Now those SW towns are rotting away while you come here to pretend. Na curse them curse you? grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DrGoodman: 9:02am On Jun 18, 2018
asha80:

The person you are replying is a complete Afonjigijigi grin

they move in to deride a region better than their homes just to talk them down. Don't let him deceive you.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:04am On Jun 18, 2018
DrGoodman:

The person you are replying is a complete Afonjigijigi grin

they move in to deride a region better than their homes just to talk them down. Don't let him deceive you.
i dont think so..look at this his thread before anambra election https://www.nairaland.com/4182788/tomorrow-operation-kick-willie-out

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 9:06am On Jun 18, 2018
Lol my brother truth is always bitter,you can call me afonja who cares?.
DrGoodman:

Afonja. Nobody needs your sinparty, billionaires are still being created everyday in the south east despite the government abandonment. The Igbo man were created to conquer, despite the odds. You chickened out and ran, like your brethren from afonja territory are known to do.
You all ran away from Obomosho, ado Ekiti, ibadan and ondo to live in Lagos that was developed with federal oil money. Now those SW towns are rotting away while you come here to pretend. Na curse them curse you? grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 9:09am On Jun 18, 2018
asha80:
i will stop lamenting as long as you people stop crying like children and wait oo this one you did not call me afonja like the man up there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2018
Kokolet11:
i will stop lamenting as long as you people stop crying like children and wait oo this one you did not call me afonja like the man up there.
so is ngige part of the igbo politicians you hate?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DrGoodman: 9:17am On Jun 18, 2018
asha80:
i dont think so..look at this his thread before anambra election https://www.nairaland.com/4182788/tomorrow-operation-kick-willie-out

I even thought you have some level of knowledge, please don't disappoint me. The fact that someone opened a thread on the Anambra elections to kick away a known Igbo performing government makes him Igbo? Holy Moses!

These afonjas are jobless, humping from thread to thread talking absolute rubbishh is their work. He is on Enugu case to spread hate and despondency by blaming everything and everyone. He may never have left Oshogbo in his entire miserable life.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DrGoodman: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2018
Kokolet11:

What did you think killed Awolowo? grin

Honest opinion pls.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:31am On Jun 18, 2018
DrGoodman:

I even thought you have some level of knowledge, please don't disappoint me. The fact that someone opened a thread on the Anambra elections to kick away a known Igbo performing government makes him Igbo? Holy Moses!

These afonjas are jobless, humping from thread to thread talking absolute rubbishh is their work. He is on Enugu case to spread hate and despondency by blaming everything and everyone. He may never have left Oshogbo in his entire miserable life.
lol

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2018
asha80:

You need to pack it in mate!

It's 'theorists' like you that is a big part of the problem we face as a people! Always theorising what Mazi Kanu and IPOB did and didn't do...could and couldn't do!

Now Buhari has sent his kinsmen to kidnap and possibly murder Mazi kanu and his parents (the same way they got rid of the likes of Ken Saro-Wiwa, Abiola and his wife Kudirat....people who likewise threatened their hegemony and hustle), the coast is now clear for theorists, apologists and 'one Nigeria' lovers like you and Ohaneze to put your own ideas to the test...ideas that hopefully would see Ndigbo and Alaigbo being placed on an equal footing with the other two major ethnic groups like it was on the day of independence!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 9:37am On Jun 18, 2018
Xander85:

You need to pack it in mate!

It's 'theorists' like you that is a big part of the problem we face as a people! Always theorising what Mazi Kanu and IPOB did and didn't do...could and couldn't do!

Now Buhari has sent his kinsmen to kidnap and possibly murder Mazi kanu and his parents (the same way they got rid of the likes of Ken Saro-Wiwa, Abiola and his wife Kudirat....people who likewise threatened their hegemony and hustle), the coast is now clear for theorists, apologists and 'one Nigeria' lovers like you and Ohaneze to put your own ideas to the test...ideas that hopefully would see Ndigbo and Alaigbo being placed on an equal footing with the other two major ethnic groups like it was on the day of independence!
forget long story..he should stop coming here to lament ..EOD

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 9:53am On Jun 18, 2018
DrGoodman:

I look at the likes of Singapore, Dubai, Taiwan and other Asian Tigers, and i shake my head when i hear people like you cheer on Obiano as 'a performing governor'! Our level of expectations from those we elect to govern us has dropped to abysmal levels!

That someone wanted someone else besides Obiano to win the elections in 2017 doesn't make him any less Igbo than you! I personally wanted Chidoka to win.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DrGoodman: 9:58am On Jun 18, 2018
Xander85:

I look at the likes of Singapore, Dubai, Taiwan and other Asian Tigers, and i shake my head when i hear people like you cheer on Obiano as 'a performing governor'! Our level of expectations from those we elect to govern us has dropped to abysmal levels!

That someone wanted someone else besides Obiano to win the elections in 2017 doesn't make him any less Igbo than you! I personally wanted Chidoka to win.

Let's leave the review of Obiano's tenure for Anambra thread. But the singular act of opening a thread on Anambra elections cannot confer Igboness on anyone. Who did he even support to win? Nobodygrin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 10:05am On Jun 18, 2018
cjrane:

Stop lying!
I was always in support of a peaceful street march well video taped by many people with cell phones etc so that the excesses of the security forces can be captured on tape for future trials and justice. The videos should be immediately posted on social media and deleted from your phone, so that even if the army gets you, they cannot see the video from your phone.

I also supported speaking with international press and emphasizing that IPOB was not calling for war but for Referendum.

My ONLY disagreement with NK was that we should boycott Anambra elections which i thought was counter productive and would not change anything. Instead of boycotting gubernatorial election, IPOB must work with OPC and Afenifere, Benue Peoples Movement and of course Niger Delta partners such as Avengers and other freedom fighters to ask the respective southern and middle belt states to boycott 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

NK, must decentralize IPOB to make sure he does not make ALL the decisions. Else if he was eliminated, IPOB would be dead. Well, the problem with IPOB is that nobody knows anything except them. So they centered everything around Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. Experience they say is the best teacher. In the future we will learn to stop having only one leader that makes all the decisions. Little operational decisions can be made by others and only the big decisions or major change in tactics can be made by the leader. Nelson Mandela was put in jail, but ANC did not die because he was not the one making all the operational decisions.
stop saying what you don't know, Nnamdi Kanu does not make all the decisions, join IPOB family meeting and understand how things are done. every decision IPOB make goes through the Directorate Of State(DOS) of the IPOB.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 10:08am On Jun 18, 2018
Maduawuchukwu:
When I see people support IPOB I attribute it to too much sentiment or lack of sound logic. The way the group was designed from the start and it's modus operandi it was clear that it leader and leadership merely wanted to become the big boys eating from politics in Igbo land. Which serious group will call for independence when we don't have an economy to support an independent nation? Which serious group would call for killing of other ethnicities knowing fully well that our people are the highest in terms of our population outside Nigeria? We blame our leaders for betraying IPOB but when IPOB declared them enemies what do you expect?
you should ask questions first before talking so that you don't look stupid

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 10:09am On Jun 18, 2018
asha80:
so is ngige part of the igbo politicians you hate?
i hate every igbo poliyician,including the dawrf ngige.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kokolet11: 10:13am On Jun 18, 2018
DrGoodman:

What did you think killed Awolowo? grin

Honest opinion pls.
the people you called afonja got fed govt to remember abiola but stops you from remembering one milion biafra.who is fooling who?you can call me afonja i dont care.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2018
Kokolet11:
i hate every igbo poliyician,including the dawrf ngige.
your comments on ngige on that thread does not suggest so

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DrGoodman: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2018
Kokolet11:
the people you called afonja got fed govt to remember abiola but stops you from remembering one milion biafra.who is fooling who?you can call me afonja i dont care.

The deed has already been done, what rubbish remembrance when its the same ppl who killed the man and his wife? It's an insult. If your people are wise, you should reject the useless remembrance which its intended purpose is to get you to vote them in again. Who says democracy day cannot be changed back to to May 29th after he wins his second term, its easy to play your people.

We remember our dead heroes every 30th may. We did it without incident this year again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: LOVEALAIGBO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.