Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean (43760 Views)

Getting Married Next Month And Nothing Interest Me About My Hubby To Be! / How To Find Out If He Is Emotionally Attracted To You Or He Hates You / "3 Ways To Know Your Man Is Emotionally Matured" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by anonimi: 8:19am On Aug 01, 2014
Czechrep: Guys what could i possibly do that would warrant such meanness? Its so petty and i wouldnt ever bother to mention it, he visits nairaland and would probably see this and write back, Fyi i ddint cheat or steal or even commit any offense.thanks y'all for your comments, Whatever will be will be, i didnt ask for any gifts or money, i just felt " Happy Birthday " would have meant alot, cheers guys

I thought you said you APOLOGISED in your own OP after saying you had ISSUE

Czechrep: Hi Nairalanders, my hubby is emotionally mean

We had an issue 2 days to my birthday, i apologised, but he ignored me, my birthday came, from beginning to end, he never uttered " Happy birthday"

You can imagine how i felt, people all over were calling me to wish me, but he didnt, even cancelled the dinner we were supposed to have, i feel so heart broken!!!

One would think i did something so atrocious , meanwhile i didnt,marriage is so difficult

dayuuummm !!!

The tori get as e be o, madam lipsrsealed
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by hamabra(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2014
seriously she should tell us the issues, so that we can know if we will need to help beg her hubby.
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 01, 2014
rokiatu: He is an insensitive husband period. If he was really in for peace he would have even just let it go for the sake of her birthday.

Trust me people this lady didn't commit any serious crime to warrant such.....she probably did something we all have done some point in our marriages/relationships , maybe she pissed him off, say something offensive, didn't do something he wanted or so on......I'm no supporting her action am only saying that shes human, we all makes mistake and marriage is...tying a bond with someone to piss off each other for the rest of your lives. How you handle it is what sets your marriage apart. And this young man or old man is not handling it very well.

A little advice to @ You the wife, this thread is uncalled for....yes I say so. I mean whats the essence of this thread? How is what we're writing here gonna help you in anyway? and you said that hes on nairaland as well this thread could even gets him more angry. What you should have done is tell him about how you feel about what he did.......even if that means a day later because I know when some people gets angry pride gets in the way.........and that's individual differences even me my heart is not near here.......no marriage is perfect me and my husband fight sometimes..........and a lot of irrelevant fights but we always make up.... we dont go a day without making it better. And this is a result of team work, sometimes I try to swallow my pride and patch things up even if hes wrong and sometimes mostly he does because i have quicker temper, and big heart so he try to put his down a bit so we can be balance. Someone has to come down a bit one way or the other, it don't matter who.

And you the hubby, You have conscious, and I am pretty sure it must have told you the right thing to do by now. Be a man and make things right you still have time to make this lady feel special......it was her birthday for God sake I mean you could have atleast put aside your anger for the sake of this one day.
@ bolded, 100% agree. i luv i when pple see things for wat dey r. i don't think op did anything serious either. some pple just behave in very immature ways

oloriB: My hubby & yours should become friends. Mine would intentionally say words that would hurt u deep, when you react he is ready to keep malice for days. Some men are malicious in nature, they grew up in such environment so don't expect anything less. Big secret if you are tempted to talk back or say ur mind just shut up. It works for me.
woow, how do u cope? dis is y i want to be careful with who i marry. can't imagine living dis kind of life. u got a lot of strength
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Oahray: 8:21am On Aug 01, 2014
Did you talk to your husband about how you feel before offering him to a bunch of NL strangers who are probably worse, to attack and tear to pieces?

I can't judge until I hear the husband's side of the story. What may seem like a trivial matter to you may mean alot to your husband. Ignoring your birthday is probably his way to make you see how much it meant to him. We have to realise that 'sorry' is not an eraser that wipes away wrongs and hurt. At times you need more than that. He didn't accept your apology, did you try harder?

One thing is obvious. Your husband is not pretentious. It could be a good or bad thing, depending on how mature you both are. Go and talk to your husband angry

6 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by jnrbayano(m): 8:21am On Aug 01, 2014
aflyingbird:
wtf r u on abt?? dere's nothing wrong with mstik sayin op's husband is insensitive. wat he did is downright insensitive to his wife. what's wrong with using d word? she didn't call him any names, just dat his action is insensiitive n she's right. ignoring ur wife n not wishing her a happy birthday is 2 much

Keep calm and reason deep.

The Op "lamented" that her hubby is "emotionally mean" out of heartbreak. She has already evaluated the situation and come out with that adjective.

Now she wants you to advice her on how to ameliorate her hurt and possibly win her hubby back (reverse her hubby's emotionally mean status she has already given him)

She doesn't want you to begin another judgement/appraisal of the hubby and the situation, if she did, she wouldn't have called the hubby "emotionally mean". She would have told you the story as it happened (what offence she committed against the hubby and how hubby snubbed her and her birthday) and requires you to now judge the situation for her.

I don't expect you to agree with me, but issues about other people's marriages require wisdom to handle it well and not exuberance.

5 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by honeric01(m): 8:23am On Aug 01, 2014
See "kids" assuming for the man.

Some are even saying she didn't commit any offence

How come she skipped what she did?

Or you think every offence is worthy of the same punishment?

Well, there are some offences you can't even stomach to tell people, maybe this particular one falls under this region.

Until you give the forum a clue of what you did, sensible people won't even give you any legal/illegal advice.

Enjoy your pity party.

5 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2014
[quote
author=oloriB]My hubby & yours should become friends. Mine would
intentionally say words that would hurt u deep, when you react he is
ready to keep malice for days. Some men are malicious in nature, they
grew up in such environment so don't expect anything less. Big secret if
you are tempted to talk back or say ur mind just shut up. It works for
me. [/quote]

thank you for this tip. My hubby is like yours but when i shut up and ignore him, he feels am keeping malice too
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by kedukc(m): 8:24am On Aug 01, 2014
Czechrep: Guys what could i possibly do that would warrant such meanness? Its so petty and i wouldnt ever bother to mention it, he visits nairaland and would probably see this and write back, Fyi i ddint cheat or steal or even commit any offense.thanks y'all for your comments, Whatever will be will be, i didnt ask for any gifts or money, i just felt " Happy Birthday " would have meant alot, cheers guys

Obviously there was nothing "Happy" about the birthday... Too bad you ladies prefer lies to the starkness of reality.

5 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:24am On Aug 01, 2014

We had an issue 2 days to my birthday, i apologised, but he ignored me, my birthday came, from beginning to end, he never uttered " Happy birthday"

You can imagine how i felt, people all over were calling me to wish me, but he didnt, even cancelled the dinner we were supposed to have, i feel so heart broken!!!

One would think i did something so atrocious , meanwhile i didnt,marriage is so difficult

dayuuummm !!!

He need to man-up and stop being a cry-baby....Children shouldn't be getting married.
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 01, 2014
Czechrep, if you had created this thread on the family section, you would have gotten better responses...Most people commenting here ain't even married and know nothing about marriage

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 01, 2014
jnrbayano:

Keep calm and reason deep.

The Op "lamented" that her hubby is "emotionally mean" out of heartbreak. She has already evaluated the situation and come out with that adjective.

Now she wants you to advice her on how to ameliorate her hurt and possibly win her hubby back (reverse her hubby's emotionally mean status she has already given him)

She doesn't want you to begin another judgement/appraisal of the hubby and the situation, if she did, she wouldn't have called the hubby "emotionally mean". She would have told you the story as it happened (what offence she committed against the hubby and how hubby snubbed her and her birthday) and requires you to now judge the situation for her.

I don't expect you to agree with me, but issues about other people's marriages require wisdom to handle it well and not exuberance.
u r going on abt nothing. i said misthik was correct for saying op's hubby is insensitive, n i agreed dat it was also hurtful. sooo, wat is dis story u r giving me? op n her hubby shud talk things out, dat's all. she can't force him to talk but hope he will soon start.
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by rightflank: 8:30am On Aug 01, 2014

dayuuummm !!!
Ma'am, it's more than just saying sorry.

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by fm7070: 8:31am On Aug 01, 2014
@OP is economical with the truth. Why can't you give a hint of what happened. What you thought was minor could be serious to him
You must have hurt him so badly for him to react that way, men are not dumb that can forget ugly experience in a jiffy.
He proposed the birthday dinner, shows that he meant a nice birthday for you probably something more could come out of that
check yourself, your words, your reactions and work towards satisfying him
If not, with this kind of reaction, i pray your marriage will not crash

3 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Oahray: 8:32am On Aug 01, 2014
adorable29:

To the men talking out of point and the women wanting to score cheap points with the men. Can't you see her response? She said she was sorry. Should she start rolling on the floor begging or what?

I strongly believe if it was a man that posted this, some men on here will advice the op to even send the wife packing! Bloody hypocritical naija men! Always wanting to intimidate the women!

so if you wrong your husband and he gets upset enough to reject your apology, you'd just relax and hope he'd forget about it just because you were born on a particular date many years ago?

If he doesn't act as you expect, you'd call him bad names in public so people can follow your steps and condemn him? Is that right or are you simply supporting her because she's a woman? You don't even what she did or how she apologised.

If a woman is hurt, do you think there would be real peace in that house?

4 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Sagamite(m): 8:33am On Aug 01, 2014
OliverPin: LOL* you go sabi scatter marriage gan. See as you conclude without knowing the root of the matter. I salute you ma. grin grin grin

Shut up! Did they not teach you that a man is always to blame for anything that happens in a relationship?

What era do you think this is? You don't know it is the 21st century?

Useless fake man. You are so immature. angry

andromida, abeg come and give this guy, that dared to stand up against women, your expert "Real Man" training so that one more man can be converted to a debilitating mugu.

5 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 01, 2014
ednut1: so wat shud we do
advice her
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by bigx(m): 8:34am On Aug 01, 2014
You didnt notice the trait before accepting him as your husband?
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by jamesbridget13(f): 8:35am On Aug 01, 2014
i see! Op is hiding alot from her hubby. Pls op try 2 win ur hubbys trust. I noticed u opened this account yesterday. Probably cos of this issue. N u dont want ur hubby to stumble on it in nl. Anyways op, since u cant say wat u did. I guess u wont get d exact advice. So, for d sake of peace, go on ur kneels n apologise. Forget abt d bday neglection. Bdays ll come again n u ll ve a better celebration. For now, go down on ur kneels n do d needful. Win ur hubby back

4 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by MadCow1: 8:35am On Aug 01, 2014
bigx: You didnt notice the trait before accepting him as your husband?

When I was advocating that couple live together before marriage, most of the Nairalanders almost killed me.

Now you see yourself?!

How would anyone know anyone fully if they dont begin and end their day together?

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by rattlesnake(m): 8:37am On Aug 01, 2014
Some ladies are so silly to use their ex as dp
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by chris070(m): 8:38am On Aug 01, 2014
Hmm. Usually don't comment.
But don't worry he will tell you sorry after the birthday GUESS THAT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM shocked
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 01, 2014
Sagamite:

Shut up! Did they not teach you that a man is always to blame for anything that happens in a relationship?

What era do you think this is? You don't know it is the 21st century?

Useless fake man. You are so immature. angry

andromida, abeg come and give this guy, that dared to stand up against women, your expert "Real Man" training so that one more man can be converted to a debilitating mugu.
Even when the woman is wrong? Meanwhile, I only said mstik shouldn't push blames without knowing the full story. I didn't even answer the Question so abeg find ur own lane grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 01, 2014
MzMariah: I want to apologize to you na sad
Nah don't ooo.
Some apologies fit make your anger rise sef.

Hubby- I told you not to........

Wife - Oya sorry naaa, sorrryyyy!!!

Hubby- Listen and hear my out firs.......

Wife - Hiaaa sorry . shey I have told you sorry .Why are you still angry na? I know why I'm saying sorry ooo,anyway it's ok sorry......... blah blah blah.

5 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Tikitaka(m): 8:45am On Aug 01, 2014
Permit me to ask a few questions. How long have you guys been married? Do you have kids? How often do you guys quarrel? What are the causes of your quarrels? It is very ok to apologize when you are wrong but please try to avoid the situations that make you say sorry all the time.
Lastly Proverbs 14:1 says ' The truly wise woman builds up her house, But the foolish one tears it down with her own hands' discussing family matters in a public forum is a recipe for disaster. If you have issues you can't settle with your husband privately please look for a spiritually matured christian to talk to and not a public forum

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by MadCow1: 8:47am On Aug 01, 2014

If you wouldnt tell us what this issue is, then we cant possibly help you.

You dont have to cheat or steal to piss your boo off.
I once threw a girl out of my house for messing during my morning devotion. angry That biitch had no respect for God. angry

So if you tell us what that issue was, then I can tap into the mind of your husband (who sounds like a really nice guy) and tell you what it was you did that annoyed him and teach you how to correct your ways and seek his forgiveness.

NOTE:: Never keep your boo angry for too long. Thats when cheating is most likely to happen.

9 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Oahray: 8:47am On Aug 01, 2014
you have no idea how you sound. Making up excuses for yourself is petty. You didn't even have the maturity to talk to him first. Instead you go public and hope he sees it here and comes to talk to you? No wonder he's still upset with you. Who knows, you may have flung a shabby apology at him, expecting him to just accept since you are the one with a right to get upset, not him.

So only stealing and cheating are bad enough to make a man upset? But you have a right to be upset that he didn't mention just two words?

That's even the kind of person I am. I wouldn't pretend that I'm happy with you when I'm not. I'd tell you. Why pretend? Just because it's your birthday? You'd have another one next year.

Women are so wrapped up in their own emotions.

11 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by gidjah(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2014
Tallesty1: Issues get level madam so what really happened?

It is funny how people think that saying "sorry" would make you automaticaly 4get everything they did to you. Maybe he has taken enough, or maybe he know what you are after. You know some women automaticaly become nice and angelic when they need something from you. It doesn't work on everybody. Only a woman wrapper can be bought so easily. I'm not trying to be mean too but chances are the reason you apologised is because your birthday is around the conner. You Need That Gift Badly.
I KINDAsupport your claim tallest,my hubby does same and even worse too,she do es not apologise when ever offends ,so i guess this our op na d same line of person be that o!its only when they need things that they want to go low.this makes me become un emotional about her just like the op said her husband is emotionally mean!
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by ednut1(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2014
rane06: tunde that's mean
my name is nt tunde o
Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Michyeddy(f): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2014
I believe in communication...you waited till night and he still didn't wish you..u should have taken the bull by the horn and politely ask him why. You are his wife not just anyone..now if he sees this on nairaland i have a feeling dat he won't like this thread..he maY see it as a bridge to his privacy..sort ur differences in ur room.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Sagamite(m): 8:49am On Aug 01, 2014
OliverPin: Even when the woman is wrong? Meanwhile, I only said mstik shouldn't push blames without knowing the full story. I didn't even answer the Question so abeg find ur own lane grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The woman is what?

You have the audacity to say a woman is wrong in a relationship issue? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You need deliverance from the demons possessing you. angry

You need to learn that when you hear an issue between couples, for you to show you are a REAL MAN, you need to always take the woman's side.

A real man knows men are always the ones wrong. They are only right when they do what a woman wants and the woman is happy.

Saying a woman is wrong is soooooo immature.

6 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by sailormoon: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2014
Sagamite:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The woman is what?
You have the audacity to say a woman is wrong in a relationship issue? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
You need deliverance from the demons possessing you. angry
You need to learn that when you hear an issue between couples, for you to show you are a REAL MAN, you need to always take the woman's side.
A real man knows men are always the ones wrong. They are only right when they do what a woman wants and the woman is happy.
Saying a woman is wrong is soooooo immature.
What is wrong with you? grin

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 01, 2014
onegig: This thread just confirmed the romance section is filled with kids having mucus running down their noses.

@op
You need to tell him how his actions hurt you. He is just plaini insensitive and very childish.

No matter what the fight is a simple happy birthday is the least thing he could have said. We even wish our enemies happy birthday on their facebook pages let alone your spouse.

1000000 likes.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? / 6 Reasons Bad Girls Get Married To Good Guys / See What My Gf Got Me For My Birthday Today.. Is She Legit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.