Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

24kmagic's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 24kmagic's Profile / 24kmagic's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 50 pages)

Agriculture / Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by 24kmagic: 9:10am On May 20, 2020
IamAsiri:

So, this means the government didn't consider all these issues before stopping the importation of rice. If the government wanted to be responsible and not make people feel the serious impact of the price hike, then they should have waded in. They could have helped in the subsidisation of the price of rice, giving the farmers support in terms of those aspects you mentioned such as constructing factories at strategic points where de-stoning, polishing and the likes are being done at cheaper rates.

Without those factors already in place, the government shouldn't have stopped the importation of rice.

Yes, true.
But you know 9ja now.
Very lawless country where the government doesn't give a fcvk about how citizens survive.
They'll just wake up and implement policies without considering how it affects the ordinary man.
This country needs a total recolonization cos even a breakup can't fix it.
The whites need to come back and rule us forever. We can't rule ourselves.

1 Like

Crime / Re: Lady, Whose Death Was Announced By Friends, Resurfaces (photo) by 24kmagic: 8:56pm On May 19, 2020
Girls and preek
Just because she wants to go and collect preeq, she had to fake her own death smh.

Skibii did it
Ryan T did it

Now Margaret Ikumu has just done it

All these Buhari people sef

59 Likes 1 Share

Agriculture / Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by 24kmagic: 8:51pm On May 19, 2020
IamAsiri:

Good evening sir. I have always had unanswered questions about this local rice increment and I am happy that you can finally answer them for me.
Please why was it that when the local rice was competing with foreign rice it was being sold at between 13-15k, but when foreign rice was chased out of the market and local rice production increased, the price increased to an average of 18k? What was the cause of that? When they were competing with foreign rice, were they making such big losses? If yes, why did they keep growing the rice and kept making such big losses yearly?
These questions are not to spite rice growers but to get answers to these questions that have been bothering my mind for a long time.
Thanks.

Were we selling at a lost? No!
But the gain wasn't that much.
Why it is expensive now? This is due to some factors

The major reason why it was cheap then was because the demand for it was very low, people don't fancy it. So farmers kept selling because they knew consumers had a choice, (a better one at that). If you don't dispose it, you're on your own. But right now, the demand for the local rice is high and I believe you know the law of demand and supply.

Also, then, farmers just process and sell without polishing the rice. We sell with all the stones and chaft inside. But now, we polish the rice at a huge cost (N1500/bag). Imagine you have ten bags to just polish, that's 15k. This is aside the milling ooo. If you want to mill and polish, that's 3k per bag, which is 30k.(that's money for two bags)

Another factor is the land. For those who don't have paddy land to farm rice, the cost of renting one somehow doubled.

Finally, the mercenaries helping out during the production have somehow been brainwashed to believe that rice is the hottest cake in town now. Once you employ their services, the amount they will charge you ehn..... Hmm. Some go add jealousy join.

Government have a major role to play here.
We need machines to help us produce and process this thing. The manual labour is too much.
We also need government to site rice mills in many places at a subsidized rate. We also need stable light in the areas where those rice mills are sited. Cos at the moment, they are running on fuel, reason why it's expensive. Also, we spend crazy amounts to move these products from our farms to our houses and then to the rice mill. Government should see how they can subsidize the transport too.

If they want rice to be 15k per bag, it's achievable. But they should first reduce the stress and expenses on us.

My personal opinion tho

1 Like

Agriculture / Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by 24kmagic: 8:06pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

It will take 40000 hectares at a yield if 3 tonnes per hectare to produce that amount of rice.
400 square kilometres. Ogun state alone can produce that
It is not such a big deal.
Everyone is preparing for the eventual break up of the country in their own way

Break up into how many pieces? Certainly not two! I don't want a break up. I prefer a recolonization.

This time, it shouldn't be the British, it should be the Americans. Aboki have drag us back to the stone age. We really need recolonization. The whites need to come back and rule us. This time, they should rule forever.

1 Like

Agriculture / Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by 24kmagic: 4:42pm On May 19, 2020
All these rice mills you guys are erecting up and down in southern Nigeria, do you have the paddy rice to process?

Can the whole of southern Nigeria combined cannot produce 2.4M bags of rice in a year?

They even said they're going to transport paddy rice from far away kebby state, wtf? Won't that further increase the price of the rice?

Look, if you're looking to invest in agriculture, go to northern Nigeria, that's where the raw material is. It mustn't be in almighty Lagos.

At the mention of the word agriculture, the first place you should be looking at is North.

1 Like

Agriculture / Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by 24kmagic: 4:02pm On May 19, 2020
Fragility6:

Diz one no b politicians problem na jst greed on the part of Nigeria farmers. How u go sell locally made rice 25-30 n foreign made na 30.I no go jst close eye buy d foreign made

Greed? Nah!
If you know what it takes to produce one bag of rice in Nigeria, you'll not complain. Foreign rice goes through a mechanised process from A-Z. There are machines that help in every phase of production so it should be cheap. But here in Nigeria, what do we have? Hard, manual labour. Every stage of processing is manual.

Even at 25-30 that we sell it, we're still running at a lost.

Farming in Nigeria isn't easy.
That's why farmers are mostly seen as poor people. Farming in Nigeria is not good.

If you've never been to the farm to see or join farmers in producing food, don't just complain. Just buy the one you can buy and go home. We're really suffering.

Sometimes we spend as much as 250k on rice farm before it even goes through processing. Processing it alone is another hard job.

Asin, you don ever see where de de process rice?

Asin, you'll not understand.
When you start your own rice production, you can decide to sell it at 5-10k

1 Like 1 Share

Family / Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by 24kmagic: 8:04pm On May 18, 2020
For someone like me that has an unforgiving spirit, that friendship/relationship is gone.

I won't even pick his call sef

Last last, na fake story
Politics / Re: The North Is The Problem Of Nigeria? by 24kmagic: 7:33pm On May 18, 2020
North isn't actually the problem per say, Islam is! Islam is everything bad.
Backwardness, illiteracy, almajiri, stagnation, unproductivity, subjugation, etc are all the hallmarks of Islam.

This is the major reason why this country is the way it is. No law can be fully passed in the national assembly without considering how it affects Islam.The other reason is ethnicity but that one can be managed.

If northern Nigeria was a non Muslim dominated region, things would have been a little bit ok.

Truly, ISLAMABAD

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Nigerian Man Killed In Ghana By Police Officers by 24kmagic: 6:41pm On May 18, 2020
chrisagyei:
am a Ghanaian in Accra and have not heard of this news on any Ghanaian media .This news is fake and wants to tarnish the hard earned reputation of Ghana and the Ghana Police Service. Ghanaians don't hate anybody.

Even if you hate Nigerians, your hatred for them will be justified. We are bad people. No sane nation of the earth should accommodate Nigerians. They are quick to play the victim card but back home, they hate themselves. Nigerians that mostly travel out are those from the southern part. They are quick to cry wolf about how they are hated. No one wants a parasite in his country. It is for this same reason that northern Nigerians are hated and discriminated in southern Nigeria by fellow Nigerians because they are seen as parasites due to their underdeveloped region. Only countries that are as useless and hopeless like Nigeria should accommodate Nigerians. If I wasn't a Nigerian, I will kill any Nigerian at first sight. We are just bad, evil, and parasiticc people.
Crime / Re: What Do I Do by 24kmagic: 10:05am On May 18, 2020
Celebrities / Re: Banky W Sacks His Chef For Stealing Cans Of Milo by 24kmagic: 10:00am On May 18, 2020
Baby W wife never born and she don de hire chef? If she come born like 3 children nkor?

Like seriously, she'll sit down and eat the food from the chef?

Tufiakwa for our 21st century girls

1 Like

Romance / Re: How Can People Date Without Having Sex?? by 24kmagic: 9:19pm On May 17, 2020
Ok
Family / Re: What Age Should A Girl Leaves Her Parents Home? by 24kmagic: 6:33pm On May 17, 2020
As soon as she's ready to start fvcking indiscriminately.

If she must move away from her parents house, it should only be because of her job. (For a working class lady). I'm not saying she should go and look for job outside ooo.

Because once a lady gets a little freedom, she'll want to fvck all the whole guys that are available. This is the reason why girls in tertiary institutions and corp members usually fvck like their lives depends on it.

No matter how old a girl is, once she's still staying with her dad, she won't bring too many men around, only serious/reasonable people.

But the moment she start staying alone, anything with a preek can visit her, even at odd hours.

My answer: No age! She should only move because of her job (for employed ladies). Or remain in her father's house till someone comes to marry her

3 Likes

Family / Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by 24kmagic: 5:43pm On May 17, 2020
First of all, these questions should be asked in a western forum, not a Yoruba forum like nairaland.

But know this.....

Women will always be subordinates to men. This is not according to me, but according to your holy books. Both the Bible and the quoran agree that women are second class humans.

As a woman, if you know your position in those holy books, you'll weep. This is the same reason why the Bible talked about sexual purity for women but didn't say the same for men.

When Jesus fed 5k people, it wasn't actually 5k people but 5k men. Women and children were not counted cos they were regarded as second class humans in those days. (Go and read your Bible).

When it comes to women's monthly circle, the bible even told us to avoid them during that period. Isn't that discrimination?
If not because Christians like contextualising and cherry picking the bible, what is obtainable in Islam will be obtained in Christiandorm.

As for Muslim women, they have come to accept their position until at least the day Muslims start cherry picking the quoran. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon.

I'm not a religious person, but I like that part of religion that places me above a woman. Asin e de sweet me walai.

Haven said that....

I don't think there can be anything like equality. We can only have equity. What we have in those western countries is not even equality. What we have are laws that protect the rights of women so that full equity for women can be achieved.
Food / Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by 24kmagic: 5:17pm On May 17, 2020
Opperwezen:
Hitting front page on this forum na man know man things.
Native man don tire for this kwantry everything na man know man things.

I de tell you bros.
Once I see any story for front page I just know say OP know one of the mods or na fake story.

Poco no fit create thread make e no reach front page. May be lalasticla or seun or one of those mods na her very good friend. Cos no matter how meaningless the thread be, once na Poco, e must go front page.
Food / Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by 24kmagic: 5:12pm On May 17, 2020
The only reason why this thread made front page is because the OP is the almighty pocohantas. If it was a random lady, you won't even see upto 15 comments.

All poco's thread do make front page.

The question is why?

1 Like

Family / Re: Should I Relocate? by 24kmagic: 3:09pm On May 17, 2020
But why do people think Abuja is expensive?
Your brother wants to live in the expensive areas abi? Those places are for the big boys.

Go to Lugbe, Bwari, Mpape, Durumi, Apo, or even Karimo. You can get a good self contain in one of these places with 120-140k.

Abuja is not expensive compared to Lagos and Rivers. And hey, you don't only need a place to sleep, you need food to eat, which is available and cheap. At the end of the day, Abuja is a northern city, always remember that.

People should stop with the stereotype about Abuja being expensive.

To your topic....
If you must leave, try to stay on your own. Don't share an apartment with a friend, cos that's something else entirely.
Like someone suggested, use that money to start up something in the town you are relocating to. You can try starting up a laundry business. Just meet guys who are into the business and learn one or two things.

You can be doing your laundry business and still be going for your tiling work.

But that your brother sef...

I wish you all the best sha
Family / Re: Must A Man Marry In His 4os Even Without Money by 24kmagic: 2:31pm On May 17, 2020
The question should be "why would a man in his forties still be financially handicapped?"

What has he been doing for the past thirty five years?

By age 40, a man should be certain of a certain amount that enters into his account every month, even if it's 50k.

If a man is still broke at 40, he'll end up marrying a girl he doesn't love. Cos at that point, he'll only marry his fellow evening news paper, AKA desperate singles. For those ones, at that age, any mature man with a preek is very ok. No more tall, dark, rich and handsome. All you need to do is show interest.

You go de enjoy her in cash and in kind.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: "Nollywood Has Dropped So Much With Lots Of Crappy Actors And Directors”- Yul by 24kmagic: 1:30pm On May 17, 2020
See who's talking.
He's also a crappy actor.
He's just so terrible. If not for his legendary father's name, he wouldn't have been popular.

His acting skills are nothing to write home about.

You hardly see him in movies with all those A list actors.

Na only those rubbish rubbish Igbo films about rituals, village boys running to the city, et'al him de feature. All those kind film weh na only upper Iweka and 1/3 pound road Aba e de sell.

His movies don't even make it to the cinemas. From production to Aba and Onitsha.This guy is just wack.

Alex Ekubo, IK Ogbonna and Blossom are a million miles ahead of him. He's not in their league at all.

Such a crappy actor Yul

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Man Shot Dead In Front Of His Girlfriend In Rivers (Graphic Photos) by 24kmagic: 9:38am On May 17, 2020
Coldie:

E get person way tell the girl to go friend cultist?

Guy, e be like say you Sabi that deceased wella o. Gist us na
Religion / Re: The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story by 24kmagic: 9:03am On May 17, 2020
kiss
Family / Re: The Menace Of SDK Blog by 24kmagic: 6:51pm On May 15, 2020
Reverse psychology.

This OP actually wants people to start visiting Stella's blog.

I like reading stories from bitter and frustrated women like the ones in SDK blog but I ain't going there.

This is dead on arrival
Politics / Re: Atiku: Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn National Assembly Renovation Fund by 24kmagic: 8:43am On May 15, 2020
kiss
Crime / Re: Clubkonnect Fear God by 24kmagic: 8:29pm On May 14, 2020
How many threads will you create because of N350? You already told us they are scammers, which is fine. Stop flowing nairaland with this topic abeg. Haba!
I'm sure a friend of yours sells or knows someone that sells data, but because you don't want to enrich him/her, you decided to go for those you don't know.

Even if none of your friends sells data, can't you buy directly from your network? Oh! You want a cheaper one abi? Just so you know awuf de run belle

1 Like

Crime / Re: 10 Most Remembered Serial Killers by 24kmagic: 8:20pm On May 14, 2020
This rubbish will make front page.

No be Yorubaland nairaland?
Politics / Re: Shina Peller Celebrates 44th Birthday With Lovely Pictures by 24kmagic: 7:52pm On May 14, 2020
BlackBovi:
Shina Abiola Peller is a Nigerian entrepreneur, politician, Industrialist, and a Member of the 9th National Assembly. He is the chairman and chief executive officer of Aquila Group of Companies and Club Quilox.

Shared with Caption ...

It's my 44th birthday today. And as I reminisce, I'm filled with immense gratitude for having the opportunity to impact lives and humanity, with a greater sense of consciousness that the best is yet to come. I have been fortunate to set the pace in different industries in the private sector and I am currently contributing my quota to nation-building as a legislator. Indeed, I have so much to be thankful for but this Covid-19 crisis has provided a lot of opportunity for sober reflection. My conscience keeps pricking me, urging me to do more and I believe I can do more!

I have thus decided to make nation-building my life's purpose. I want every young person to join me, whether you are young or young at heart, we cannot achieve the Nigeria of our dreams by being divided along religious, ethnic, social or even political lines. We must come together to move Nigeria forward. I have always yearned for a Nigeria that would reach enviable heights of national development. A Nigeria where our passport is respected globally. However, I have come to terms with the fact that without the active participation of the Nigerian youth, it is an effort in futility. We have to change our nonchalant attitude towards the affairs of this country.

We have to come together to effect social change but we need to change our ORIENTATION in this country first. We need to re-establish a merit-based system across the country and we need to end bigotry. A lot of young people have given up on project Nigeria, but I see hope, I see opportunity and I believe that Nigeria will become a superpower within my lifetime.

The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way and manner we live and do things. It has also exposed our infrastructural voids and it has revealed the urgency for achieving the SDGs. Things won't be the same again.

The post-COVID-19 era comes with a different challenge and presents fresh opportunities. And I see fertile ground for young Nigerians to use their abundant talents to mould the kind of country they deserve.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAJ9QOZnX5Y/

Wash.
Nigeria will forever be a sh!thole until it is declared a failed state and gets recolonized.

If you like see hope, see Allah/Muhammad, see all those people in the holy books Nigeria will forever be a sh!thole.

How can you be seeing hope when there's no hope? That's just sentiment. For example, babies born in 2020 are still not captured in the national identity management system, meaning in fifty years time, we'll still not know who our citizens are. So how can we plan for them?

There's only one solution to Nigeria

Declare it a failed state, let the whites come back and handle us again. Until that happens, no any Jesus or Muhammad will save us.

Last last, Shina Peller still de loot him constituency. No be by talk

1 Like

Crime / Re: Man Who Attempted To Sell Nigerian In Lebanon Is Syrian, Not Lebanese by 24kmagic: 7:23pm On May 12, 2020
I'm not happy he didn't succeed.
He shouldn't have advertised online na. Useless girl!

I'm sure she's one of the people that are quick to shout japa when any news comes up.

Him for turn her to the sex slave weh she be walai. They for fvck her soteh another hole go commot for her nyash.

All of Una weh de quick to shout "japa" , na like this some of una go end.

I don't know how someone will save millions just to travel to another man's country and constitute nuisance in the name of searching for greener pastures.

Like someone said in one thread earlier, the same way we see aboki as nuisance in the south is the same way other countries see us. Why can't you just stop constituting nuisance?

1 Like

Family / Re: Should I Forcefully Take Possession Of My Daughter? by 24kmagic: 6:51pm On May 12, 2020
I didn't want to comment initially but the thread kept growing with loads of nonsense comments.

95% of the people that commented from page 1-4 didn't use their brains. Instead, they used their Dicks and their pussies.
I'm like wtf?

OP, if I were you, I will do everything humanly possible to get my daughter back, even if that means ending her marriage. I don't bloody care what happens after but I will go for my daughter. I will be ready to pay her off for damages. I'm not going to let another man take ownership of my seed. Wtf?

Those dick heads and those pussy holes that are telling you to let her be will still be the ones to condemn that lady if the husband finds out on his own that the child is not his.

Just imagine how people are supporting paternity fraud. Wtf?
One of the biggest problems facing us as a country is sentiment and irrationality. People cannot give their opinion from a rational point of view. Religion, ethnicity, emotions, traditions, gender, and sometimes age are what people consider before they air their opinion.

Haven said that....
The moral of this story: never marry a non virgin. Right now, the husband of that woman thinks he has a lovely wife and baby at home. Not knowing that what he married is about to bring down his world. OP can still fvck her even if he wants to. Hey! Before you marry that girl, confirm her virginity status.

Only marry a non virgin if you were the one that deflowered her.

1 Like

Family / Re: My Husband Never Listen To Anything I Say by 24kmagic: 6:19pm On May 12, 2020
I will never forgive you for making read this rubbish. What sort of terrible write-up is this?

No comma, no full stop.

Last last, na another fake nairaland story to generate traffic or make front page.

Nairaland, the number one nepotistic/tribalistic blog in Africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 50 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.