Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

24SEVEN's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 24SEVEN's Profile / 24SEVEN's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 61 pages)

Politics / Re: CBN - Godwin Emefiele To Put Holy Mary On New Naira Notes by 24SEVEN: 12:13pm On Nov 03, 2022
FieldMarshall06:
Nigeria is a Secular state. No agency or institution of Govt should promote one religion over another.

For the new Naira Notes, The CBN has 2 choices.

A) Remove the Arabic inscriptions on all Nigerian currency. OR
B) Leave the Arabic and add Christian inscriptions on the new notes.

We either remove religion completely or balance the currency with Christian inscriptions. Simple as ABC. Nigerian Christians aren't inferior. Remove all Arabic or add Christian inscriptions too.

Godwin Emefiele has a constitutional and a Religious duty to choose One option from the two above.

Godwin Emefiele must not be a coward. Pls Emefiele must see to this, stamp his feet down and Do It.

No oh. CBN must put the Mahanta on Naira notes. grin
Family / Re: ‘I Want To Kill You Dad’: Kid Says After Catching Him Cheating On Her Mum(video) by 24SEVEN: 11:27am On Nov 03, 2022
Useless girls. No respect for their father.
Politics / Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Remain The Leader Of Afenifere by 24SEVEN: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2022
seunmsg:
Adebanjo has been exposed as a bastard Yoruba man. He is simply serving the interest of his Igbo mother. I’m glad his treachery has been found out.

He has been kicked out as Acting leader of Afenifere and that’s it. He should go back to his Lekki home and lick his betrayal wound sorrowfully.

You are calling your ELDER a bastard because of politics. If I'm to follow your analogy, any non Yoruba voting for Tinubu should be referred to as bastard??

6 Likes

Romance / Re: Just Imagine What Is Happening In Broad Daylight Abroad (pics) by 24SEVEN: 7:23am On Nov 03, 2022
Iamdbull:
It's the background song for me lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34AEu-5tVm4

Pls who has that horrible song being played in the background.
Politics / Re: Hungary’s Orban Lambasts Brussels Sanctions Mania: by 24SEVEN: 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2022
SIRTee15:
Those sanctions are actually biting russia but not hard enough as expected. Europeans leaders actually knew Russia is too big to collapse under sanctions and they may likely fall into any pit they dig for russia, reason why gazprom was left out of sanctions and brussel was very reluctant to kick russia out of SWIFT.
But u cannot to claim you stand with ukraine yet continue to fund russian's war chest by purchasing russian oil and gas. Europe woke up too late and they will have to pay for their indisiciveness. Trump warned them but they were laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfJv9QYrlwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXqZf72pAhk

European disdain for Africa will be their eventual nemesis. Africa is rich in natural resources, a transaharan gas pipeline and heavy investment into nigerdelta oil field can easily replace russia. But EU will rather carry their money to build pipeline to russia- a threat to their own hegemony and institution. Trump was right and EU leaders are dvmb.
Anyway, my stand remain ukraine war is a white's man problem; not a global headache. we express our sympathy to both sides.

cheesy
Politics / Re: Atiku’s Supporters Tripled After Makinde Endorsed Tinubu by 24SEVEN: 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2022
broadman20:

Tell the house that you will credit my account with 50k if I do that so that after spending it you will learn how to shut up when people are talking.

I am a Christian. I don't gamble. cheesy
Politics / Re: Atiku’s Supporters Tripled After Makinde Endorsed Tinubu by 24SEVEN: 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2022
broadman20:

People like you are the FOOLISH PEOPLE politicians should avoid when contesting election because you don't participate, you don't observed, I even doubt if you vote. But you be among the people who will insult those who are part of the process because the data analysis may be working against what you believe.

Anyway, I'm not surprised because that was how some foolish people like you insulted me in 2015 when I told them that Jonathan will loose the election.

So continue in your folly and prepare for an eminent heart attack later after the election because I don't think I have your time.

Show proof where u said Jonathan will lose his elections.
Politics / Re: Atiku’s Supporters Tripled After Makinde Endorsed Tinubu by 24SEVEN: 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2022
Georgejeez:
Nice one , I like how the things are now panning out , Wike and his 4 stubborn Governor dogs should keep on segregating themselves and fanning the embers of ethnicity , we will see who will lose at the end .
Now with the way things are going , even Kwankwaso will be pressured to pitch camp with Atiku and therefore consolidate the North for PDP , Tinubu can take South west , Obi take South East , then South South will be split by Wike, Okowa and Obi , the margin will be wider than the Red sea .

Until we Southerners learn to play the game of Politics properly , the North should continue ruling . Obi had a chance to be the next president for PDP by continueing as Atiku's vice , then after Atiku's tenure , he would have gathered enough weight to fly the Party's ticket and become the first Igbo President , but no he rather jump the gun by decamping and contesting.

Wike also had a good chance , with his impressive exploits at the PDP Presidential election primaries, if he had worked with Atiku to make him the next president and deliver the South, he would have been the next in time to take over from Atiku after his tenure because the PDP I know is still the most liberal and all inclusive party among them all, but no , he rather play bad Politics , engage in anti party activities , endorse candidates from rival parties and tormenting the Party's chairman thinking he's tormenting Atiku so that he will come bow to him and beg for his endorsement.

Unknowing to him that he is arranging sympathy votes for Atiku because the North now see his actions and that of his lap dog Makinde endorsing Tinubu as South Vs North .

We de watch

Don't complain. Vote whoever you want. Period.
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 10:54am On Nov 02, 2022
EmekaA125:

Ebonyi alone has 15 flyovers including bridges.
Flyover is not a good indices for governance.

Mr man, Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom people should be respecting themselves. Every small thing they want to compare indices and figures with Rivers state.

Which day that one start na. What are you mentioning Ebonyi state here for. Nobody in Rivers cares if Ebonyi has 100 flyovers. Please keep your development to yourself and sto disturbing us. Afterall, you are building it for yourselves.
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 10:32am On Nov 02, 2022
Tohmey:
Smiles . . .
Flyover of no use, wickedness in hidden places
Instead of positioning the flyover along ikwerre roads, he chooses to position it azikiwe to amaigbo street.
Now no motor is climbing the flyover.

Sincerely, the positioning of the flyovers is really uninspiring.

Rumuokoro flyover is situated on East West Road that is wide and has no traffic congestion. He left Ikwerre Road, the crux of the matter the way it was.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 10:29am On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

Benin city is bigger than Portharcourt even if you add igno Etche and Choba to Phc. I have lived in both cities.

I read something like 4times bigger. Like 4times bigger?? shocked
Politics / Re: Atiku’s Supporters Tripled After Makinde Endorsed Tinubu by 24SEVEN: 10:13am On Nov 02, 2022
Rekhina:
mu arewa mun ja kunnen atiku akan kabilanci me ya sa Yarbawa za su kawo kabilanci a wannan

When I told Yarabawa that we north are watching them ,they called the eyes of the north ipob mpukummiri addict ,
All will bear witness that waziri Atiku was cautioned by north for his tribal utterances. I cautioned him too ,Peter obi has never approached ohanaze for endorsement
Why will all Yarabawa clap for this show of discrimination?
This is Wickedness , their cleverness aren't wisdom ,tell that to them kwuma

#IamNorth
#lamProud

Me sef I'm tired of this country. Fake unity everywhere. You can't even take the kind greetings of someone from another ethnic group seriously anymore.

Must we even be one country?

There is nothing as beautiful as peace of mind. Nigeria offers us all nothing marginally close to that.

4 Likes

Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 9:51am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

Yeah, I pray something will make you visit.

Make we host you wink

Yeah. Thanks.
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 9:49am On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

Rivers is not same thing as Phc bro. Udom has opened up many rural roads and also done we'll with the airport and airline. What about the deep sea port to mention a few.
As for rivers, it is just a glorified concrete jungle. No plans no direction. The gov wakes up and builds over bloated fly overs where he could have blocks maybe an intersection to redirect traffic.

Airport, Seaport and whatever you wish to add have been in PH for eons. PH first Seaport was built in 1912( 110years ago). Airport was in 1970s thereabout. So what the fuss.

We are talking urban renewal and redevelopment due to expansion in population.

So would Wike build more airport's and seaports when we already have atleast 2 of each??
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 9:43am On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

Let me day something that most of u may not have thought of. Flyovers do not primarily ease traffic especially when done the way wike did it on Aba road. If you go to benin city you will not fond a single flyover in that city which is almost 5 time bigger than Portharcourt. In time past there was serious hold up especially around the ring road area, akpakpava, new Benin and even 5 junctions to mention a few. What the govt in that state did was put a law in place that forbids private and commercial vehicles from dropping or picking up passengers anywhere close to T junctions and intersections. You do not need flyovers per day to achieve your 8mins drive on Aba road. Think of it this way, remove the bridges at GRA, CFC, and Waterlines junction. Erect medians on that spot to discourage turning then do the following;
1. Build and interchange at the garrison, mile 1, Rumuola and Artillery.
2. Do a one way turning immediately after the mile 1 bridge that takes you back to the garrison end.
3. Do same as 2 at Rumuola interchange that takes you back to garrison end. Same with artillery junction.
4. Stop buses and taxis from waiting or loading anywhere near major junctions.
5. Fix internal/ minor roads to accommodate the traffic from Aba road.
6. Remove the slabs causing blind spots from under the bridges that would have been built.

If you build bridges at every turn you will soon turn the city into a concrete jungle.

Take a cue from the presidential hotel junction by Aba road, you'd notice that you would have to turn right to GRA junction before you can turn towards artillery. That's how GRA, Waterlines, market junction and even the first bank you mentioned should be. Turning into the road at every junction causes gridlock. Block all the T junctions and intersections and build interchanges, mind you not just flyovers, to tackle the volume of traffic.

As for the pple oriented projects you mentioned, yes he has built campuses and the law school. The question is to what end? The law school right at the nose of rivers state university will create no more than shop floor jobs for the pple of the state. Would you compare that to the red or blue rail in Lagos or the Ibeno deep sea port project in Akwa ibom. Let's not even talk of the congestion the law school will bring to that area when it kicks off. If he must do it like he did why not take it to greater Portharcourt or even Etche or igirita. All of this is close to Phc.
You do not spend that amount of money and call it pple oriented when primary and secondary education in your state us in comatoes. What kind if development according to you will the law school attract to that tight area of Phc or rivers state as a whole.

Which kind of statement is that. That is how someone initially claimed that Ibadan was bigger then Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom combined. Ibadan oh, not even Oyo state
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

Nay but definitely bigger than 1 of the state. While the 3 combined is a little bigger than Oyo state

Ok, Maybe bigger than Bayelsa. That is a very large city.
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2022
boldtruthalways:

Stop talking trash. If you have moved on that road some years ago, it will take you more than 4hours to move from Oil mill junction to Garrison or Park but today, in less than 30mins, you are there. Yes 8 flyovers looks much but that road is the major road in PHC, it has made live now easy for the people. Moreover, this is his 2nd tenure when many Governors in Nigeria don't even do much but steal alone, but he's busy trying to deliver some dividends. Wike is not perfect but he has done well on infrastructure. Give it to him. There may be other areas he did not do so well, that's left for another discussion but on infrastructure, he has done great.

Leave that girl called Obembet, she doesn't have a car. Her own is to sit inside bus and taxi everyday and be making opinions. People that actually pay for wear and tear of vehicles that are caused by stress on the road will know that Wike has done on our road infrastructures.
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

Ahaha

They will swallow SouthWest and collect change

Lolz. But is Ibadan really bigger than Rivers and Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom combined?? I haven't been there before, tho I heard its big.
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2022
kettykin:
See a whole port harcourt looking like a brown roof enclave, Tufiakwa

That is the notorious Diobu area of PH. Guys living or who have lived there have 100% street cred in PH.

If you live there 1week, you go get better street sense.
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

Ah, why?

We are in comparison mode.

After that compare the 6 states in SWest with Niger and Borno states. I think we should get a better perspective by then. grin
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2022
pocom35:

He doesn't have to..
Besides... Sanwo Olu..initiated the Red line rail project which is longer than the blue line only the blue line was met at no less than 50% completed ..
Sanwo Olu also paid for the trains for the redline which are now in Lagos And 2 sets of electric trains for the blue line

The part he is constructing cost no less than 70bn..

The cost of wike's flyover combined will never match the cost of the blue line not to talk of combining it with the red line..

The economic impact.
Contribution to growth, development and ease in transportation can never match

No state governor's project beats sanwo olu's flagship project in just under 4 years..

Wike's flyover have little benefit and impact .they are merely to deceive naive and gullible folks..

Flyovers are something Lagos has been building since the 1970s..no big deal..
With all the flyovers Wike built plus the existing no. of flyovers he met.. the total is not up to the no. of flyovers in Lagos state

The bolded is issue with Nigeria. Lagos has been building flyovers since the 70s as what na? Federal Capital abi. You have seen PH that has not been building flyovers since 70s The one in Mile 1 was built yesterday. The one Ambode/Sanwo-Owu built at Pen Cinema is fly-under

Cities and Town build infrastructures according to their development rate and accessible funds but since it is in PH and not Lagos, you have found it convenient to make rubbish of it. I'm very sure you will have been happy if they weren't built so you can grin and say PH lacks basic infrastructure as flyovers.

Deceit will kill you one day.
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 7:48am On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

God bless you... And I ask how wike was able to get the award for infrastructure with his mediocre and irrelevant bridges. Too much politics and bribery with wike. Udom of Akwa ibom has done far more than 10 wikes combined not to mention sanwo olu

Udom has not done anything. Akwa Ibom is still a village compared to Rivers. undecided
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 7:47am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

Smiles

Oyo - 28,454KM²

Rivers State 11,077KM²
Bayelsa State 10,773KM²
Akwa Ibom State 7,081KM²
Total - 28,931

And No, Southwest isn't bigger than South South

South South is about to 15,000 or 20,000km² bigger than SW

Compare Ondo Ekiti and Osun with Rivers Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom.

Then compare Oyo, Ogun and Lagos with Delta, Edo and Cross River.

I need figures.

thanks
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 7:00am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

My bad I shouldn't have included calabar.

South east is almost same size as Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwaibom.

So I'm free to say Ibadan is almost the same size as Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwaibom

Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom is bigger than Ekiti, Osun and Ondo. I might even throw in Tiny Lagos to the mix. So I don't get your point.

Is Ibadan same as Oyo state??

Is the SWest bigger than SS in Size??
Travel / Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 6:41am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

Lol, mouth Don change.

Have you been to Ibadan b4?

Ibadan is almost the same size as South East region.
Ibadan is almost the same size as Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River and Akwaibom combined.

Some part of it are Brownroofs, while many part of it ain't Brown roofs

What are you smoking??

1 Like

Politics / Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by 24SEVEN: 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
Multitalented1:
APC - 15,191,847
PDP - 11,262,978

PDP got 11M votes When Kwankwaso was there with his movement.

When Wike was there with his Governors allies

When Obi was there not in Labour Party

Labour in Vain Party and PDP ma lulę in 2023

Result master. grin

Buhari factor. That is if you're truthful to yourself.
Politics / Re: Peter Obi Calls Nassarawa "A Great Country" by 24SEVEN: 11:32am On Oct 30, 2022
BATified2023:
The best way to embarrass obi is to give him microphone

The mugu will embarrass himself woefully

Lolz. BAT is more of a blunder when given the Mic. Remember what he said about El-Rufai?? grin

I know you will claim its Freudian slip.

Freudian slip kor, Sportybet ticket ni. tongue
Travel / Re: World's Travel: 15 Most Visited Cities In The World. by 24SEVEN: 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2022
2016 thread in 2022.

Hmmm. Lack of content dey worry nairaland.
Family / Re: My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy by 24SEVEN: 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2022
DSS1335:
I am writing this with a sorrowful heart!
This is quite a lengthy piece!!

In 2018, My wife brought a live-in maid toward the end of her gestational period as we eagerly anticipate the birth of our first fruit after 8 years of marriage.

We took the young girl as part of our family, she was just 13 years old in JSS2 at the time she joined us. She does minor household chores, like washing the dishes, keeping the house in and out clean, that's all. I made sure
her education was not interrupted, she continued her schooling from Js3 till she completed her SSCE this year. Outsiders thought she was my first child considering the way she was being taken good care of.

At 16 years age, the evidence of proper nutrition was so glaring in her physique, the young girl of yesterday was already a beautiful damsel. I protected her from ravenous men old enough to be her father. Even from her classmates. Perhaps the mistake i made was in buying her phone before WAEC exam started. Well, the need for constant communication can not be overemphasized because i and my wife go out for work in the morning. My wife comes back in the day while i return back in the evening. Living her our 2 kids in her care: My first Child is 3 years plus in Nursery, the second is about 2 years in Prenursery.

When her mother made a stop by to visit her daughter 5 months ago after 4 years, she was so full of praise and thanking us for taking good care of her daughter, and begged us to allow her stay longer with us rather than her returning back to the village after completing her WAEC. I and my wife plan that i will take up the responsibility to train her up in University so she can be light to her family. Her elder siblings didn't complete their secondary school!

Today, all those dreams and aspirations have been shattered! The innocent girl child i took as a daughter is 5 months pregnant without even knowing she was pregnant! How possible? I could have swear with my life that she was still a virgin and innocent. Damm it! Where do I start from eh??

Well, my wife was rattled up by a what she called a terrible nightmare, she dreamt that she saw her girl carrying a new born baby. That was around 3 A.M she woke her up from sleep and asked her if she was pregnant, the girl denied it ignorantly. My wife had no reason to suspect her as she always buy her pads for her monthly menses except for this month. Then examined her and her suspicion became heightened as she saw a remarkable changes, her bra can't fit any longer, her bellybutton was out with black line running down! She ordered her to pee and run her test kit, it came back positive! My wife broke down in tears.

That morning, we didn't go to work for the day. we grilled her with questions. She confessed to us that she had intercourse only once in the month MAY yet she was still seeing her monthly menses. That she had a boy friend whom they secretly communicate on phone every day. That she lost her virginity to the boy. And they did it only ones in less than 30 minutes as she came back to check the kids who were still sleeping in the afternoon.

The boy came to visit her grand mother who return from the USA, she refused traveling to the East due to insecurities and rented a flat opposite my compound for just 3 months from March to June. During her stay, all her children and grandchildren came to visit her. It was one of her grand son that lured my maid and took advantage of her innocences.

We contacted the boy on phone and told him what happened, he denied it that it is impossible for him to be held responsible that he had sex with her only once and that's not enough to get a girl pregnant! I swear,i could have dealt with him fatally if he were within my reach. Well, i was able to comport myself and explain to him in details after which he kept quiet. He is just 20 years old awaiting admission. We have informed the girl's mother too who became shock and cold! And asked her daughter to return back to the village!

Considering this scenario, i came up with the plan to make that boy and family take up the responsibility of the pregnancy, she can't remain with my family anymore so as not draw unnecessary attention. I will track down the boy and his family and file a statutory rape charge against them if all avenue to resolve this case peacefully fail. From Pregnancy to child care is no joke. My people that is no joke at all. I feel very bad and compassionate for the innocent young girl who will be forced to sacrifice her future to be in the family way.

Any honest advise on how best to tackle this issue at hand would be appreciated

Send her home back to her parents and wash your hands off her.
Politics / Re: Fitch Predicts That Bola Tinubu Will Win 2023 Presidential Election by 24SEVEN: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2022
lhordspy:

Lol. The bolded also sold you out again. You are very predictable my friend.

A typical Obi suppporter. Always roping in Atiku just to disguise their weakness and non-existence voters influence in the North.

Must you guys need Atiku to win the north, is Obi not a presidential candidate himself? Or is he running for Atiku. Cant he also challenge for the north? grin grin

Speak for your candidate and stop roping in Atiku everytime.

Or have you heard of a c presidential andidate that wins election without The north? Obi is finished my friend.

I'm a supporter of Osinbajo. I do not intend to vote in these elections as Osinbajo isn't on the ballot.

Tell, IYO how Tinubu would win the elections.
Politics / Re: Fitch Predicts That Bola Tinubu Will Win 2023 Presidential Election by 24SEVEN: 10:11am On Oct 29, 2022
lhordspy:

The bolded sold you out.

It is very obvious you didnt even go through the write-up. A typical Nigeria ! Always rushing to comment by emotional lines going by the headlines only....

Go back and read the writeup and stop displaying your ignorance here. What do you mean by using their index and foreign parameters....Every point giving in the writeup conforms with every reality in Nigeria here.

You have heard Atiku say to Northerners that no candidate from any part of Nigeria can protect their interest as much as a Northerner.

Where does that leave Tinubu??

Also these foreigners predictions and assessments are not tangible.

Nigeria was once declared the largest economy in Africa and Nigerians didn't feel the slightest impact of such claims.

How about the CIA doomsday 2015 prediction.

Just don't tie your hope to any of such foreign surveys/predictions/assessments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 61 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.