Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

5solas's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 5solas's Profile / 5solas's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 34 pages)

Religion / Re: Funke And Femi Ashekuns Fraudulent And Adulterous Acts Exposed by 5solas(m): 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2023

Why is this man so obsessed with Funke Ashekun?
Most certainly a paid blogger.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Funke And Femi Ashekuns Fraudulent And Adulterous Acts Exposed by 5solas(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2023
I see Funke Ashekun's vindication coming soon.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Testimony Of A Nairalander Who Got Healed Of Bed Wetting At 19 by 5solas(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2021
Congratulations! It could only have been God. May His holy name be praised.
Religion / Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by 5solas(m): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2021
[quote author=unstoppable51 post=105048257][/quote]

Blessed are your eyes. You are unstoppable! grin

1 Like

Religion / Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by 5solas(m): 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
Faithful4real:
When you give your life to God you have gained salvation. When you backslide and refuse to repent you have Lost your salvation unless you ask for forgiveness.

Dont forget what Jesus said, on the last day someone people will say i have cast out demon in your name i have performed miracle and Jesus will say to them i know thee not.

Matthew 7:22

He will say, '' I NEVER knew you.''
Religion / Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by 5solas(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Yeah, lover of money! If he were to be alive he would be one of the foremost Prosperity preachers in the world with all form of cunningness to entangled ignorant folks into his doctrines of mammon! Whom we have plenty of his examples presently in the world and a higher number of them in Nigeria! So pathetic
LOL. So true.
Religion / Re: Conditional Security Or Unconditional Security by 5solas(m): 11:08pm On May 19, 2019
solite3:
Does the bible teach conditional security or unconditional security? Discuss with scripture illustrate your point.
All believers of Christ are welcome to share their answers.
It is unconditional eternal security. Conditional eternal security is no security. Salvation is by grace, meaning, it is not deserved. Those saved were chosen before the foundation of the world, before they did anything - good or bad. That was when the book of life was written. See Ephesians 1:3-5, Rev. 13:8 and 17:8.
Religion / Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by 5solas(m): 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

John 6:64
[64]But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

Judas did not believe

You might have misunderstood my post.
I agree completely with yours. Mine wasn't saying Judas was an example of a person who had then lost salvation. I was saying his life was an example of the kind of persons (who were not in faith) and of whom Christ would say, " I NEVER knew you"!
Religion / Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by 5solas(m): 11:45am On Mar 10, 2019
Tosinex:
there were not in faith but were in church preaching, doing crusades, traveling from one continent to the other and winning souls, casting out demons, doing miracles, whose church you loved to attend, yet they are not in faith
We have Judas as a perfect example of that possibility.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by 5solas(m): 11:41am On Mar 10, 2019
cbrass:
Yes, it has happened to me before angry cry
So how did you get it back? grin
Religion / Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by 5solas(m): 10:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Marvyx:

When Jesus was speaking in Matthew 7 that many will say Lord, Lord we did casted out demons in your name etc and He will ask them to depart from Him, who was those set of people if you may do well to explain to me?
Jesus was referring to those who were NOT in faith. He would tell them, ''I NEVER knew you.''
Religion / Re: If You Were To Die Today, Will You Make Heaven? by 5solas(m): 10:04am On Mar 10, 2019
No one can 'make' heaven.Heaven has been made for those who trust in Christ and His merits (Rom..8:1-4).Yes, I have 'made' heaven by Christ's merits imputed to me 2 Cor.5:21.

1 Like

Religion / The Righteousness Of Faith by 5solas(m): 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2018
"The Righteousness Of Faith"

The Bible talks of two types of Righteousness – the Righteousness that is of the law and the Righteousness of faith. The Righteousness of the law is evident, known by almost all professing Christians. It is the Righteousness you get when you obey the law (commandments). It is your own Righteousness. A Righteousness of your self, self – Righteousness.
This Righteousness does not and cannot grant salvation – out of faith or in faith.

The Righteousness that is of faith on the other hand is entirely of God; completely God-given, when we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is the Righteousness that avails/ counts as far as salvation is concerned.
It is mentioned in so many places in the Bible usually in contrast with that of the law and clearly shown and upheld to be better.
In Romans 3:21,22 and 28, the Bible says :
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference…

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

The conclusion is that in our justification (in our salvation ), the works of the laws (commandments ) are excluded.

Concerning Abraham’s possession of the Righteousness of faith, it says it was through faith without works and it is available for any who believes in Christ Jesus and that he got it when he was yet uncircumcised (Romans 4:3,5,9,11,13,22,23).

In Romans 8 : 1-4, the Bible announces that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ because what they could not do, through the keeping of the law (commandments), has been done for them by Christ and so the Righteousness of the law which could not be fulfilled by the natural man is fulfilled in the believer.

In Romans 9:30-33,
the gentiles which did not seek Righteousness got Righteousness and not just the one from the law, that does not save, but the one of faith that saves. On the contrary the Israelites who sought to be righteous by obeying the law did not get that of the law, not to talk of that which comes by faith!

In Romans 10:3,4-10, the Bible continuing with this theme of Righteousness by faith, states that the Israelites had a zeal for God but a misdirected zeal. Instead of trusting in Christ and having His Righteousness inputed/credited to their accounts, they were working up their own Righteousness (self-righteousness ) not realizing that Christ’ Righteousness was the ultimate; the Righteousness that supercedes that of the Pharisees (Matthew 5:20 ).

In Galatians 2:16, Paul affirmed that Righteousness (the Righteousness that counts, the Righteousness of faith ) does not come by the law but by faith and affirms that if it came by the law, then Christ died for nothing (Galatians 2 :21).
The Righteousness that saves does not come from the keeping of the law (Galatians 3:21.) Christ had to come because the keeping of the law could not and cannot save (Hebrews 7:11). For our Salvation, ”… God took the sinless Christ and poured into him our sins. Then, in exchange, he poured God’s goodness into us! ” (2 Corinthians 5:21.)

In Phillipians 3, Paul confesses that if anyone could save themselves, he was more qualified to do so and listed his credentials amongst which was ” touching the Righteousness which is of the law, blameless” (v 6). But goes on to say he counts it (the Righteousness he got from keeping the law) as dung and hopes when Christ comes, he would be found in the Righteousness which is of God by faith (8,9).

But if this Righteousness of God by faith is so clearly taught in the scriptures, why is it so scarcely taught, even in Church? For this simple reason, it makes nonsense of the teaching that salvation can be lost and exposes it as false.

https://ithappenedatdordt.com/2018/11/24/the-righteousness-of-faith/
Religion / Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by 5solas(m): 4:39pm On May 19, 2018
jiggaz:
A Bible Study by Jack Kelley

One of the most telling indicators that the rapture is near is the number of people who write fearing that because of their behavior they’re going to be left behind. People didn’t worry so much about that when they thought the rapture was off in the distant future.

I’m sure some of this is due to the normal conviction of the Holy Spirit and in that case it’s not a rapture issue because as we’ll see born again believers can’t be excluded from the Rapture for any reason.

No, I think most of the fear of missing the rapture comes from the false “partial-rapture” teaching. There are several variations on this theme but they all claim that just being saved is either not enough to put you in the rapture, or it’s not enough to get you into the Kingdom after you are raptured. They say you also have to be worthy in some additional way. In my opinion none of this can be reconciled with Scripture.

I want to approach the subject the way the US Treasury department trains bank employees to recognize counterfeit money. Instead of showing them all the fakes and pointing out what makes them fake, they focus on what legitimate bills look like. That way when bank tellers spot a bill that doesn’t look like what they have learned to recognize, they know it has to be a fake.
Let’s use that same principle to focus on what the Bible says about who qualifies for the rapture. Then we’ll know whether what we hear matches that. If it doesn’t it’s a false teaching.

How Do We Qualify?

In order to exist in the presence of God, we have to be as righteous as He is. In the Lord’s time the Pharisees were thought to be the most righteous men in Israel. They were absolutely compulsive about keeping the Law, even straining their water before drinking it to avoid accidentally swallowing a tiny bug.

They come off badly in the Bible because of their resistance to the Gospel, but they were held in high esteem by the people as role models of righteousness.
Their problems with Jesus began in the early days of His ministry. Speaking to a large group on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, Jesus said, “For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law you will certainly not enter the Kingdom of Heaven” (Matt. 5:20 ). They didn’t like hearing that they would be excluded from the Kingdom.

Then He explained that righteousness is not just a matter of outward behavior, but also includes inner motivation. Anger is as bad as murder, lustful thoughts are as bad as adultery. He went on to teach them things that were utterly amazing to them, even saying they must “Be perfect therefore, as your Father in Heaven is perfect” (Matt. 5:48 ) in order to qualify for the Kingdom . By the time He was finished it was clear that no human on Earth could ever achieve this high standard.

Then He said if they asked Him for this righteousness He would give it to them. All of them. He said, “Everyone who asks receives. He who seeks finds, and to Him who knocks the door will be opened (Matt. 7:7-8 ).

He compared depending on Him to a narrow road with a small gate (Matt. 7:13-14 ). The name on the gate is faith. The temptation to do things in our own strength in an effort to secure our own righteousness is hard to resist, but if we’re not careful we’ll find ourselves on the wrong road, the broad one with the wide gate named works.
We must watch out for false teachers who will try to take us off the narrow road with a combination of faith and works. It doesn’t matter what kind of good work we do, even if we do it in His name, only those who do the will of our Father in Heaven will enter the Kingdom (Matt. 7:13-23 ). And what is our Father’s will?

Jesus said, “I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day” (John 6:38-40 )

And what kind of work does He require of us? When they asked Him this a few verses earlier, He replied, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent” (John 6:29) There’s nothing you can add to your faith in what the Lord has done. No good works of yours will either earn or hold your place in the rapture. It’s based totally on what you believe and not on how you behave.
Paul had a lot to say about this, and some of it has been misinterpreted too.

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. (Romans 3:21-22 )

Our righteousness is imputed to us by faith because of our belief that when Jesus went to the cross He took all the sins of our life and paid the full penalty for them there (Colossians 2:13-14 ). If all the penalty for all your sins has already been paid, what more can you do?

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Cor. 5:17 )

From God’s perspective, the old sinner no longer exists. He’s been replaced by the new righteous saint. How could this be?

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God (2 Cor. 5:21 ). Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. (Hebrews 10:14 )

Because of our faith in the sufficiency of the cross, God is able to see us not as we are but as we will become when we’re perfected in the rapture. The sins we still commit are viewed as if it’s no longer us doing the sinning but the sin nature that still temporarily dwells within us. Here’s Paul again.

I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. (Romans 7:18-20 )

Those who want to deny this call our attention to passages like 1 Cor. 6:8-10 as if Paul, writing under the influence of the Holy Spirit could contradict himself.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

But they stop too soon because in verse 11 Paul explained, “And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” (1 Cor. 6:11 )

Notice he said, “And that is what some of you were.” Because we’re a new creation, God no longer sees us the way we used to be. We’ve been washed, sanctified and justified. In other words, all our sins have been washed away by the blood of Jesus, we’ve been made holy by Him, and He has rendered us righteous. As righteous as He is. Please understand that all this was done by Him. We might have been part of the group described in
1 Cor. 6:9-10 sometime in the past, but because we accepted the Lord’s sacrifice on our behalf we no longer are.
Some folks can’t get past the idea that being good has to count for something and it does, but it’s not what they think. Once again we’ll get Paul’s input.

Everything is permissible”—but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible”—but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. (1 Cor. 10:23-24 )

Although we’re encouraged in the strongest possible way to behave in a manner pleasing to the Lord, no where in the New Testament are we told that our behavior will endanger our salvation, nor will it jeopardize our place in the rapture. So while we can theoretically do whatever we want, some behavior is just not good. First of all, our bad behavior can have a negative impact others. We should always be aware of how our actions are being viewed, and we should never knowingly behave in a manner that causes a weaker brother to stumble.

Second, and more important, living up to what we have already attained (as Paul put it in Phil. 3:16 ) is how the Lord wants us to express our gratitude to Him for what we’ve been given. Not to earn or keep anything, but to give thanks for what we already have. It’s something He wants us to want to do.

You see, we didn’t get where we are because of any merit or worthiness on our part. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:4-9 ) It’s the best gift ever given, it’s free, and it’s worthy of our gratitude.

So the bottom line is your ticket to the rapture came with your membership in the Church. It’s part of the inheritance you were guaranteed when you first believed (Ephes. 1:13-14 ). And your membership in the Church came as a result of your belief that Jesus gave His life to pay the penalty for all your sins and rose again to show that His payment was sufficient (Romans 10:9 ). As soon as you believed that you became as righteous as He is. There’s nothing you can do for good or bad that will ever change that (Romans 8:38-39 ). So if we’re all as righteous as God is, how can some deserve to go in the rapture or gain entry into the Kingdom while others don’t? They can’t.

As an expression of your gratitude you can choose to behave in a manner that’s more pleasing to God. That’s what He wants you to do. But you’d better hurry because soon you won’t even be able to do that. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. (1 Thes. 4:16-17 ) You can almost hear the footsteps of the Messiah. 04-09-11

https://gracethrufaith.com/end-times-prophecy/left-behind-for-bad-behavior/
Awesome!
Politics / Re: It's High Time We Began Talking About States Under Siege By Killer Herdsmen. by 5solas(m): 11:31am On Apr 30, 2018
thankyouJesus:
FOR THE RECORDS

I have compiled a list of all the reported killings in the Middle Belt from the first day of the year January 1 - April 25 (yesterday). Please read and also share so everyone can understand the damage. Also, if you have information for Niger State or anything I may have ommitted, let me know.
May God save us all.

1. January 1 2018, 50 Benue indigenes KILLED, 30 INJURED in Logo Benue (source; http://punchng.com/herdsmen-kill-20-injure-30-in-benue-ortom/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

2. January 1 2018, 2 Nasarawa farmers KILLED in Awe, Nasarawa. (Source; http://punchng.com/fleeing-herdsmen-allegedly-kill-nasarawa-farmers/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

3. January 1 2018, 25 Nasarawa farmers KILLED in Keana, Nasarawa. (source; http://punchng.com/death-toll-hits-25-in-nasarawas-herdsmen-farmers-crisis/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

4. January 3 2018, Violent protest in Markurdi leaves 3 dead (source https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/three-youths-feared-dead-benue-protest/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

5. January 4 2018, Gun men KILL 6 in Wukari, Taraba (source http://punchng.com/gunmen-kill-seven-in-taraba/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

6. January 4 2018, Gunmen KILL 1 in Gassol, Taraba (Source http://punchng.com/gunmen-kill-seven-in-taraba/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

7. January 5 2018, 60 indigenes ATTACKED AND KILLED in lau, Taraba (source https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/254650-taraba-communities-attacked-fulani-bachama-groups-accuse.html …)
#MiddleBeltMassacre

8. January 6 2018, Village head and 15 others ATTACKED AND KILLED in Logo, Benue. (Source https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/village-head-15-others-killed-fresh-herdsmen-attack-benue-communities/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

9. January 8 2018, 3 indigenes ATTACKED AND KILLED in Sardauna, Taraba (source https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/254861-three-killed-six-injured-fresh-taraba-attack.html …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

10. January 13 2018, At least 10 locals ATTACKED AND KILLED in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna (Source https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/255436-many-killed-fresh-attacks-kaduna-communities.html …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

11.January 13 2018, 1 person KILLED in violent clash in Makurdi, Benue (http://sunnewsonline.com/makurdi-1-feared-dead-in-violent-clashes/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

12. January 14 2018, 1 KILLED in Bassa, Plateau (Source https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/1-killed-another-injured-attack-plateau-community/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

13.January 14 2018, Herdsmen attack and kill 1 in Ibi, Taraba (Source file://localhost/tp/::http://punchng.com :armed-fulani-men-attack-taraba-community-kill-traditional-rulersmiley
#MiddleBeltMassacres

14. January 16 2018, Boko Haram attack and kill 5 in Madagali, Adamawa (Source https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/boko-haram-terrorists-raid-adamawa-community …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

15. January 16 2018, 6 KILLED in attack on Guma, Logo and Okpokwu, Benue (source http://punchng.com/breaking-six-killed-in-fresh-attacks-in-benue/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

16. January 18 2018 Boko Haram KILL 5 in Madagali, Adamawa (source http://saharareporters.com/2018/01/19/boko-haram-attacks-adamawa-town-kills-five-0 …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

17. January 20 2018 Hunter KILLED in Barkin Ladi, Plateau (Source http://punchng.com/suspected-herdsmen-kill-hunter-in-plateau/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

18. January 21 2018 Reprisal attack leaves 6 dead in Juman, Adamawa (Source http://saharareporters.com/2018/01/23/herdsmen-attack-reprisal-claims-six-lives-adamawa …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

19. January 22 2018 SARS opens fire and kill 1 in Jos South, Plateau https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/256417-sars-operatives-open-fire-jos-relaxation-spot-reportedly-kill-one.html …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

20. January 23 2018 Gunmen kill family of 9 in Ardo Kola, Adamawa (Source https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/gunmen-wipe-family-9-adamawa-kidnap-7-children/ …)
#MiddleBeltMassacres

Awesome!
Thank you. Your post was shared to me on whatsapp, I goggled and found it here. I have been sharing it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: Historical Facts! Freewillism Existed For Centuries As A Heresy. by 5solas(m): 10:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the council of Orange was also a Catholic council against the pelagian heresy, it was counter-pelegianism as its sum and was to nullify the gains of pelagianism

council of nicea was anti- Arianism and countered the Arian heresy to nullify it gains.

council of Jerusalem was anti-judiazer and nullified their gains too.

so also the council of Trent addressed the heresy that arose in the 16th century... that isn't new, since biblical times the Christian Church has been having council against heresy.
True, the Council of Orange was Christian and condemned Pelagianism. That of Trent on the other hand was unchristian having airtel its goal the erosion of the gains of the Reformation. It is also in conflict with that of Orange.
Religion / Re: Historical Facts! Freewillism Existed For Centuries As A Heresy. by 5solas(m): 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2018
Ubenedictus:
it is a good post,
it is Christian, Calvin merely took a part of the Christian truth and twisted it to the extreme.
Unfortunately , usually when Calvin is attacked, it is the Reformed Faith and the Reformers that are the targets. He was in accord with other Reformers in those doctrines which are now branded as 'Calvinistic'.
Religion / Re: Historical Facts! Freewillism Existed For Centuries As A Heresy. by 5solas(m): 10:40am On Mar 30, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Who organized the council of Trent isn't the council a Catholic organization? Besides what the gospel the moment it began? And what did Calvin
The Council of Trent was Catholic and against the Reformation. It was a counter reformation as its sum was to nullify all the gains of the Protestant Reformers.
Religion / Re: Historical Facts! Freewillism Existed For Centuries As A Heresy. by 5solas(m): 11:45am On Mar 24, 2018
Ubenedictus:

Pelagianism is the belief that original sin did not taint
human nature and that mortal will is still capable of
choosing good or evil without special divine aid.

you just told me that some people do good work without grace that is a half part of the heresy of pelagius condemned by the council of Carthage and Orange.

you believe original sin taints human nature, you believe we can't be saved without grace.... which is correct but you and pelagius agree that humans can do good works and chose good without God. that is semi pelagainism I.e holding a part of his condemned teaching.

you guys need to read past the 15th century
This is a great post. It is Calvinistic.
You should be bashing Pelagians and Arminians. Not Calvinists!
@Ferisidowu
It is standard reformed teaching that man cannot do good without grace, hence the need for grace.It is the extent of original sin. But again, you are totally on point when you say man cannot do good towards salvation.

I am left with charging anyone who believes it is in man to 'choose' the Pelagian, not even semi Pelagian!
Religion / Re: Historical Facts! Freewillism Existed For Centuries As A Heresy. by 5solas(m): 11:07am On Mar 24, 2018
Ubenedictus:
Paul didn't receive irresistable grace, because just as your Westminster catechism says Grace doesn't do violence to the will. in fact if Paul wanted to stand up from Damascus and still go back with his blind eye in unrepentance nothing stopped him but he chose to accept Jesus.

in fact I have seen a man who became convicted of his sins and even came to see the need for Jesus, he was there crying but he still refused to open his heart. Jesus says I stand at the door of your heart and knock, sometimes he knocks very loud but the decision to open the door is yours.

the reason some are saved and others aren't is because some open their door while others don't not because Jesu wasn't at the door.
grin grin grin
Religion / That Fall From Grace! by 5solas(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2018
That Fall From Grace!

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Galatians 5:4.

This is one of the most abused verse in the Bible. Second maybe, only to Romans 6:1 which is often quoted out of context by Pelagians and Arminians to counter any exposition of the Doctrines of Grace.  In this verse, the Pelagian or Arminian  pounces on the words, "ye are fallen from grace "  runs away with it and asserts, "See, this proves salvation can be lost" !

From the verse, whom do Pelagians and Arminians teach can fall from grace? It is people who DO NOT keep the law (commandments). Whereas the apostle says that they fall from grace who are justified by the law (commandments) or who SEEK to be justified by the law (commandments).

Secondly, Pelagians and Arminians fail to note what the apostle Paul says in chapter 2:16 of the same book :

" Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified".

This is repeated in this same book in  2:21;  3:7,10-13,18.21 and 24. Thus what is meant by, "ye are fallen from grace " is,  "far from being in grace by keeping the law (commandments), you were never in grace". That this is a true interpretation is clear when it is considered that adherence to the law (commandments ) does not grant justification without which there is no grace to fall from. Paul was using the figure of speech known as a HYPERBOLE to demonstrate to what extent the law does not justify - it rather condemns.

For Pelagians and Arminians to be accurate when they use this phrase,  they must use it as Paul uses it and admonish Those  who imagine that their justification (salvation) comes from keeping the law that they are, "fallen from grace ", this would be the proper rendering of Paul's message.

Interestingly, we learn from this book, that it is possible for one to lose, what one never had! And it is not Calvinist logic!

https://ithappenedatdordt.com/blog/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Religion / Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 8:39am On Feb 28, 2018
Bhol28:
Please,are we trying to encourage sin here.Some of us here, like me,are new believers growing daily in the Words and to my own understanding peter was mentioned by the angels may be because he had denied Christ.Well the Op might be right by saying he enjoyed an uncommon favour there.But are we not really encouraging sin here.

This is the best time to study and lay a good foundation for yourself. Search out and establish what you have been and are being thought. Throw away any you find to be false no matter how popular it is.
Try to read up the Reformation too and what it was about.
Religion / A Gospel Without Election Is No Gospel At All by 5solas(m): 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
It will not come as a surprise to me if you have not heard of the doctrine of election. It is one doctrine that has been attacked over the years by the world and the devil. But the gospel cannot be faithfully proclaimed without mentioning God’s election of persons to salvation. The doctrine of election states that:

“Election is God’s eternal choice of persons unto everlasting life not because of foreseen merit in them but of His mere mercy in Christ in consequence of which choice they are called, justified and glorified”.

Those so chosen (referred to as the elects in the bible ) He gives faith in time Acts 13:48; Eph. 1:3,4.

Romans 8:29-30 says:

” 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. ‘

So those foreknown are in time called and those called are in time justified and those justified are glorified. Those foreknown are called, justified and glorified. The glorification comes at their deaths or at Christ’s second coming. They are presently sojourners in this world (1 Peter 1:17) of whom this world is not worthy (Heb 11:38) whose suffering here are only temporary compared to their glorification (Rom. 8:18) whose glorying is not in earthly pleasures (Heb. 11:24-26) but in the fact that their names are written in heaven (Lk 10:20). The writing of their names in heaven being done not at their believing in time but from all eternity (Rev. 13: 8 ).

In John 6:37, 44 and 65, Jesus said :

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

From which we can concluded that no one can come to Christ except they are ‘given’ or ‘drawn’ by the Father . Anyone of the ‘given’ or ‘drawn’ that comes to Jesus, He will not cast out for any reason. See also John 10, John 17 and Matthew 11:25-27. No one can come to Christ except He is revealed to them by the Father. The believer’s faith is God-given Phil 1:29. Not only is the faith God-given, but the suffering to follow which is one of the marks of a believer.

From the foregoing, it is clear that a believer cannot lose salvation.It is affirmed all over the Bible but a last one from Jesus :

’37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.’ John 6:37-40.

Election is a necessary aspect of the gospel and it should be taught for believers to have a proper understanding of the gospel.

https://ithappenedatdordt.com/2018/02/21/a-gospel-without-election-is-no-gospel/#respond

1 Like

Religion / Re: Seun Doesn't Exist by 5solas(m): 1:02pm On Feb 16, 2018
OkaiCorne:
RIDDLE OF THE DAY

Four guys walk into a room and see an artwork hanging on the wall without the artist around;

The first guy says "Nice artwork, I really appreciate the artist for such a piece of beauty and inspiration"

The second guy says "Well I've heard a lot about the artist, and going by his reputation...I am not surprised if this is his artwork"

The third guy says "What nonsense! I cannot see any artist...and the artwork has a lot of flaws. Infact the artist does not exist! until I see him"

The fourth guy says
"At the very least, an artwork cannot exist without an artist, I am not sure what he looks like and I've heard a lot of conflicting descriptions about him...but definitely, there should be an artist responsible for this artwork"

Dear all, out of these four guys...please tell me which of them is delusional??

PLEASE NO BEATING AROUND THE BUSH WITH UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS OR THEORIES...JUST A SIMPLE ANSWER IS NEEDED!

Cheers

The third guy, of course.
He is also irrational.
Religion / Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2018
jiggaz:
Beautiful explanation. Thank u bro.
Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 5:21am On Feb 12, 2018
grin
jiggaz:
Hia... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2018
jiggaz:
Hello
Hi. grin
Religion / Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2018
frosbel2:
This is why Christianity is so wrong, it permits sin !!

Shows how poor your understanding of the Bible is.
Read the Bible and for now be content with being taught!

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2018
frosbel2:
This is why Christianity is so wrong, it permits sin !!

Sin as much as you want and the blood of Jesus will atone for your present sins, past sins and future sins.

Glory to God!
Your true nature is revealed.
You have shown what you have been fighting, not Calvinism, but Christianity!

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2018
toobusy:
Does this actually means that God takes more notice and favour his sinful children than the good ones,i don't understand,
Please try reading the book of Romans, Galatians and Hebrews, by His grace, you will understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2018
Bhol28:
Please,are we trying to encourage sin here.Some of us here, like me,are new believers growing daily in the Words and to my own understanding peter was mentioned by the angels may be because he had denied Christ.Well the Op might be right by saying he enjoyed an uncommon favour there.But are we not really encouraging sin here.
No, we are not trying to encourage sin. We are trying to preach the gospel as it is. Where sun abounds grace did much more abound so that as sin brought death so should grace bring everlasting life. We should not sin on that account, knowing it is not the will of God for us.
We do not encourage sin through preaching grace rather we are able to live above sin when we know grace. Romans 3:31.

3 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire by 5solas(m): 10:20am On Jan 29, 2018
jiggaz:
lol why u dey laff? grin
Haaa.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 34 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.