Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

9gerian's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9gerian's Profile / 9gerian's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 93 pages)

Business / Re: New Naira: Racketeering Booms In Lagos, Abuja, Anambra by 9gerian: 7:14am On Jan 31, 2023
Has this not created more inflation and a black market? That Emefiele guy is not very bright, else he would have thought this through before making Nigerians poorer and matters much worse.

PS
It’s even worse than imagined with each passing day.

The opposition do not need to stress themselves as they only need to unite. Emefiele has single handedly won this election for them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: My Friend Who Works As Bank manager Got Rich Overnight. by 9gerian: 11:48am On Jan 29, 2023
I think there should be a legislation that prevents bankers from ever becoming CBN Governors. This is because the conflict of interest and chances of banks being unduly favored at the detriment of the economy is way too high.

Imagine Emefiele being a major shareholder in some of the banks, will his policy not mostly favor them, that is if all his policies are not even made because of them.

No wonder he was asked to run for presidency.

1 Like 1 Share

Business / Re: New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks by 9gerian: 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2023
Good that they are beefing up security.

Imagine people being unable to get money after the one they have finishes. It can degenerate to riots quickly, and the banks will be the direct beneficiaries of the wrath from the irate mobs.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Sanctions Against Russia Are What Turned This Conflict Into An Existential Crisi by 9gerian: 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2023
This makes sense!

Masterviolence:

I was delighted when I read it on the news yesterday that the CBN lunched a domestic card scheme.
Once the card has gained enough ground in the country the CBN will dump Mastercard and visa for our domestic card. You see this move is the best I've seen from this administration so far.
This move will lead to a faster economic growth.
Crime / Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Using Victim’s Intestines To Cook by 9gerian: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2023
I hope the death sentence is by cooking. angry

phosky:
Court sentences man to death for using victim’s intestines to cook

Rivers State High Court has convicted a man identified as Bestman Lekia to death by hanging for killing four people and using one of his victims’ intestines to prepare porridge in Okwalie community, Khana Local Government Area of Rivers State.

The court also found Lekia guilty of armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism and burglary.

The convict and his gang members reportedly said to be at large, murdered Nenalebarri Mmeabe, Loveday Mmeabe, Gbodu Nobale and Etim Ekpe.

Lekia and his gang first kidnapped Loveday Mmeabe in 2019, removed his intestines and used them to prepare a plantain meal.

Justice Adolphus Enebeli said the prosecution lawyer proved his case beyond every reasonable doub and ruled that Lekia should be hanged on his neck until he was confirmed dead.

Makesense Promotions gathered that, Justice Enebeli noted that the attitude of Lekia throughout his trial proved that he was a hardened criminal, terrorist and cultist.

Reacting to the judgment, the State prosecutor, Chidi Ekeh described the judgment as erudite, saying that it would save the Ogoni community and Rivers State.

Speaking further, Ekeh said as a human being, he was not happy that someone is sentenced to death, but the State would have failed society if Lekia had been allowed to walk free without facing justice.

https://makesensepromotions.com/court-sentences-man-to-death-for-using-victims-intestines-to-cook/
Family / Re: Woman Rejects Keke As Push Gift Not Knowing That A Car Gift Was Coming by 9gerian: 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
The keke will give that woman daily income. So there was really no testing, but just the unraveling of an entitled woman who lacks comportment and understanding.

The man would never respect her again. The neighbors too. She will be a reference of what not to be as a wife.

LilMissFavvy:
Must he tempt her? Why not give your wife the car and stop tempting her with a Keke. He knows his wife deserves better, he just wanted to tempt her and disgrace her in public. The unfaithful*faggottt* can't try that with his side chick, he knows his side chick would give him a sound slapp. Nonsense' undecided

Modified:
34 mentions? cool . Unfortunately I don't have the time or interest to waste on fooools, so pls keep on wailing. I only read two mentions and I'm done.
Family / Re: Woman Rejects Keke As Push Gift Not Knowing That A Car Gift Was Coming by 9gerian: 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
All these badly behaved women of this generation, the type the Bible warned sons and princes against. And they usually think they are smart when in fact they a source of disgrace to their husbands and family.

Mindlog:
Very rude and ungrateful woman, feeling so entitled.😠

The man finally realized he married a bad wife, love how he took back both the tricycle and the car.
Politics / Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by 9gerian: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
Another angle. This is going to get everybody thinking before rushing to approve any initiative lest they fall victim eventually.

trutharena:

Lol. I thought we are all celebrating BVAS.

There was over voting and BVAS was able to help detect that which led to the judgement.

Are you saying they should bypass BVAS because APC people are not at the receiving end?

Politics / Re: Non PVC Holders Blocked From Entering EDAN, Alaba Market by 9gerian: 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2023
Very bold statements you made there. I bet it made you feel good. Some of your ancestors (including Azikiwe) expressed stronger sentiments and felt good about it not too long ago.

Good thing you guys are deliberate and loud about your utmost aspirations.

Let no one cry victimization if and when your disdain for your hosts backfires like all other inordinate pursuits by some of your people.

All the major Nigerian problems being nursed till date- civil war (Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna), no referendum (Nnamdi Azikiwe), no resource control/restructuring (General Aguiyi Ironsi), were all orchestrated by your people (Igbos) for self serving reasons up until the tides eventually turned and the hunter became the hunted. We are all witnesses to how that panned out and how it is currently going today.

Continue to have inordinate ambitions because that’s obviously what makes you feel good as a people. History has this noted for posterity.

Mystic216:

No wahala
I’m not talking about all over the world
Igbos are doing what is call a modern colonization to Yorubas
We are gradually taking over your streets and changing it to our names or I should show you evidence tomorrow
We will own all your streets, buy your ancestral lands and give you conditions on how to be living in your own lands and you people can’t do more than a dead rat

Focus more on Aso rock
We are more interested in buying your region
Phoolish tribe be forming educated and wise

Igbos will play film for all of you in few years to come
Be fooling around

3 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Re: Have You Ever Had Sex With Someone & Started Having Nightmares? by 9gerian: 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2023
Stop please! cheesy grin 😂😂

Oceanjagaban:

You go chew Queen of the coast kpomo,you come nairaland dey confess.this place be like church for ya eye abi...just ready this night o
Politics / Re: Pics: Man Married His New WIFE With Tinubu Signature Logo by 9gerian: 10:04am On Jan 24, 2023
The funny thing is most yorubas would not have even supported Tinubu because of his sickness. But because of the way people are being attacked for supporting a different candidate, it has become a matter of ethnic interests.

Even the peasants are now aware that the only reason Tinubu is rejected by most igbos is first because he is Yoruba, which has always been a trend for any known achievements of the yorubas. And conversely the support of Obi by igbos is because he is Igbo. I mean the same Igbo people who condemned him as a governor have done a 180 degrees to chant he is the best thing since slice bread. This has become too obvious, and will likely play a significant role in the elections.

For me Tinubu’s health is his biggest challenge and much cause for worry in this election, except that I don’t even see a better choice outside the not too well known contestants like the SDP candidate. The rest are mostly hype with no concrete antecedents orfgroundbreaking achievements to demonstrate their capacity and knowledge to manage a state or complex system progressively, how much more Nigeria. No out of the box ideas, just the usual I will do- I will do, as if mere aspirations can beat the actual experience of know how.

Reality will dawn on the president-elect the moment he wins and starts getting briefs about the state of affairs. Deviations will start from appointments and the backlash that usually visits such, and from there on, more deviations into a state of helplessness.

Let this election just come and go. It won’t make much difference who wins because the problems are waiting, and any drastic changes will cause more pains, and perhaps some gains if the president knows what he is doing as he administers the nation. A healthy Tinubu would have been the best choice though looking at where the nation is today but hey this is just my opinion.

agarawu1985:
God bless your union..

I love the way yorubas rally round their own ..

All the olori pelebe are supporting obituary ..

We can't neglect ours..

Omo eni o ni shey idi bebere....

Ka fi ileke si idi omo elomi....

💃💃💃💃💃💃💃
Business / Re: Aliko Dangote’s Refinery Might Exploit Nigerians – Oil Marketers Express Fear by 9gerian: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2023
Why not come together to have your own refinery with all the free subsidies collected over the years? And why are the nation’s refineries not working, and why didn’t they have an issue with that but now have an issue with Dangote Refinery?

These oil marketers seem to prefer the old order that continues to allow them to fleece the nation with their mostly fraudulent subsidies. We remember how they were bringing ships and taking them back with the same shipments they brought back then.

AlarinkaOla:
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has stated that Aliko Dangote’s oil refinery might exploit oil producers and Nigerians.

According to the oil marketers, Nigerians will be at the mercy of Dangote due to its refinery’s monopoly, as it will be the only refinery refining oil within the country, hence, dictating prices of the commodity.

Also, they ruled Dangote Refinery out as a perfect solution to the high cost of fuel in Nigeria, stating that the company will operate like https://www.primebusiness.africa/aliko-dangotes-refinery-might-still-exploit-nigerians-oil-marketers-express-fear/
Politics / Re: Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers by 9gerian: 7:49am On Jan 23, 2023
The price will go up significantly no doubt but later stabilize due to competition.

However, when the direct beneficiaries of subsidy by the government talk like this it is because they don’t want the subsidy to end.

adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Petrol-may-hit-N800/litre-on-subsidy-removal-Marketers

1 Like

Politics / Re: First Commercial Vessel Berths At Lekki Port Ahead Of Buhari’s Commissioning by 9gerian: 7:15am On Jan 23, 2023
Because it is Lagos State initiative. Other states can do likewise and work with FG to bring it to life.

Dmanlex:
Why building another Seaport in Lagos. Why not extend it to Onitsha and Calabar.

1 Like

Politics / Re: First Commercial Vessel Berths At Lekki Port Ahead Of Buhari’s Commissioning by 9gerian: 7:11am On Jan 23, 2023
Because it is Lagos State initiative. Other states can do likewise.

Dmanlex:
Why building another Seaport in Lagos. Why not extend it to Onitsha and Calabar.

2 Likes

Sports / Re: See The Ex-nfl Player Who Kill Huge Lion Terrorizing Community by 9gerian: 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
That would have been stupid, a waste of effort and with the outcome highly unpredictable.

Sticking to the goal, and keeping it simple is far better.

VeryWickedGoat:
He killed it from afar with a poisoned bow and arrow then carrying it like he is related to Samson.

If he was so brave he should have fought the lion one on one like a real man.
Politics / Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by 9gerian: 5:41am On Jan 21, 2023
The generated power can’t be transmitted story is the narratives the discos created to deceive the gullible while they reject supply from the generating companies.

The discos make more money from estimated billing, hence their refusal to support any metering of customers initiatives. Estimated billing is easy and sweet money- period.

Takeaway estimated billing and watch them become efficient with the transmission of the generated capacity.

dochenaj:

If this is the case, why does the FG keep harping on generating more MW, when all generated power can't be transmitted.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Soludo: Obi Didn’t Allow LP To Campaign Freely In Anambra As Governor by 9gerian: 5:20am On Jan 21, 2023
Interesting.

The big question is why some supporters attack whoever exposes the past of their favorites. S it not better we know what all aspirants are capable of than to find out later after they win?

If truly we aim for Nigeria to be better and we’ll governed, we shouldn’t be scared of any aspirants being scrutinized and exposed.

GeneralPula:
Very true..

Nah Ghana must Go Pandora carry along when he was going to beg for the ticket..
Politics / Re: PDP Suspends Chimaroke Nnamani, Fayose Oluwajomiloju, Ayeni Funso, Others by 9gerian: 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
Warning to others who may be having anti party ideas it looks like.
Career / Re: Should I Quit My Job To Pursue More Education ? by 9gerian: 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
Well said.

This is because when he finishes the education, he will hunt for a job and would be asked for an ongoing experience.

yomi007k:
Don't try it.

Continue working and part time. You will be building experience and education at the same time..
Health / Re: Man Mauled By Tiger On The Loose In Johannesburg (Pictures) by 9gerian: 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2023
I’m with you on this!

There was one reported here years ago where the tigers housed in a big premises were climbing props and peeping over the fence into the kindergarten school next door. shocked

TheWolfen:
Yes the man should sue the big cat owner.

They are called wild animals for a reason. Why should anyone try to tame and keep such wild beast in residential area?

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Korra Obidi's Ex-Husband Takes Her Children Away From Her by 9gerian: 10:48am On Jan 19, 2023
Lawyers should kindly clarify whether Korra will have to pay alimony to the ex-husband if he wins custody of the children. That is if she is the breadwinner.

That may be the eventual bottom line here because women do not like to play that role, even if they are the breadwinners. It is seen as a manly thing and much too excruciating for women. Maybe the feminists movement should take this up to ensure equality.

ebukajay184:
Korra Obidi Goes To Court Again, Accuses Her Ex-Husband Of Abusing Her

- she says her husband is a narcissist

https://www.facebook.com/korraobidi1/videos/8587348768005795/?app=fbl

1 Like

Crime / Re: Nigerian Woman Mourns Husband Killed By Kidnappers Despite Ransom Payment (Pix) by 9gerian: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2023
What I was thinking…

ethan101:
immediately they kill anyone after collecting ransom

its purely an insider job
Sports / Re: Pele Leaves Millions In Will For Out Of Wedlock Daughter He Denied by 9gerian: 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
Very heartbreaking. Maybe she would be alive if the father had shown her love.

Ireportlive:
Daughter of a cleaner, probably one night stand

Pele should have acknowledged her and swallowed some pride
Sports / Re: Pele Leaves Millions In Will For Out Of Wedlock Daughter He Denied by 9gerian: 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
While dead?

orohbiro:
Chai the girl done win lottery grin
Family / Re: Tunde Ayeni & Adaobi Alagwu In Paternity Tussle by 9gerian: 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2023
The friend will call her mummy grin

Emmanuel909090:
She wants to be step mother to her friend.
Politics / Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by 9gerian: 8:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
There may have been violence capable of leading to death.

Tough but if the judge senses that the culprit is menace to the society, then she may be trying to protect the society. However, sometimes the law is not just rational especially when applied without a human face. Tough call either way.

blackslayer:
WTF? Death for stealing? Was it armed robbery that involved the victim's death? I don't get it! But Nigeria is a banana republic so........
Celebrities / Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by 9gerian: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
Congratulations to the doctor. May your healing be permanent!

Thank you to Dr Tayo Ojo for being part of those that have not abandoned the Nigerian health sector.

Lumenasblog:
Popular Nigeria health influencer, Dr. Chinonso Egemba better known as Aproko Doctor, has revealed why he had his brain tumour surgery in Nigeria and declined suggestions by friends and well wishers to have the surgery overseas.

Egemba on Monday morning via his social media platforms, opened up about his health issue with Craniopharyngioma, which simply means brain tumour.

In a series of tweets, however, Egemba further revealed that he believed in the Nigeria health-sector and is dedicating his life to see the country’s health-sector succeed.

Posting a picture of the doctor who operated on him, Egemba wrote, “It was Dr. Tayo Ojo, a neurosurgeon here in Nigeria that did the surgery. So many people begged me to leave the country to get the surgery done, but something kept me back here because I still had trust in us. We just need more investment in our health sector.

“Education, health. For me… those are the two systems any nation needs to succeed. I’m dedicating my life to seeing that they succeed in our country Nigeria. I hope you see it too.”

Captioning the video, as seen on his Twitter page, Egemba wrote, “Throughout December of 2022, I was fighting for my life. I went blind in one eye on the 3rd of December 2022 and on the 5th, I was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

“Today, I stand here before you to share my story. It has been a long road to recovery but each day is better than the last.”

While speaking in the video, he said, “One thing to understand is that health issues can happen to you regardless of who you are, including me.

“For the past three weeks or two weeks, I have been fighting for my life. Some of you have no idea. It happened that I was diagnosed with Craniopharyngioma which is a brain tumour and I had no idea I would be sharing my story.

“Here I am sitting on this seat sharing my own story about how I had a tumour in my brain. It was so bad that I couldn’t read out of my phone anymore to the point where this eye, I couldn’t read with it and it was also closing. They said it is a Craniopharyngioma and we need to do surgery to remove it.”

Over the years, Egemba has used his videos to enlighten people via his social media platforms, about health related matters and life changes that can improve and maintain good health.

He is also the executive director of the 100kClub, a non-profit organisation that lends medical support to Nigerians who need health assistance

He has also won numerous awards for his health advocacy in the country’s social media space.

Egemba got married to fellow influencer, Chiamaka Nwakalor better known as Chef Amaka, in June of 2020

123 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by 9gerian: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
These should help.

https://guardian.ng/opinion/history-and-the-future-of-decree-34-of-1966/

gidgiddy:

I have read Decree 34 many times and no where does it abolish the 4 Regions we had, nor does it remove resource control

1 Like

Politics / Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by 9gerian: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
Google decree 34 of 1966.

You are welcome!

gidgiddy:

How could Ironsi have abolished the 4 Regions Nigeris had if the 4 Regions were still existing the day Ironsi was killed? Did Ironsi come back from the dead to abolish the Regions?

Ironsi never tampered with resource control, not even for one day. All 4 Regions controlled their resources throughout the 6 months Ironsi was in charge

It was Gowon that came after Ironsi and used Decree 14 to abolish the 4 Regions we had, and created 12 new states to replace them

Gowon immediately followed this up with Decree 15 where he abolished resource control and placed it in the hands of the federal government
Politics / Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by 9gerian: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2023
Here we go again…

AbdulMagaji:

I guess you are a kid!

But let's face the TRUTH

Look I was born and breed in Kaduna.
All my life, I have never seen an igboman trespassing on any tribe.

Igbo businessmen are 80% responsible for the development of almost all Nigerian states including Lagos (100%)

Stop the hate and always go for the Truth
Politics / Re: Statue Of Nzeogwu Erected In His Home Town Of Okpanam - Picture by 9gerian: 7:45am On Jan 16, 2023
Emmanuel Ifeajuna Coup rather.

Research it.

gidgiddy:

It is those who say that his coup truncated the Nigeria of their dreams that have been ruling Nigeria since then, and brought us to where we are today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 93 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.