Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

9gerian's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9gerian's Profile / 9gerian's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (of 93 pages)

Career / Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by 9gerian: 9:41am On Feb 16, 2023
So sorry for your loss.

internationalman:
One of the boys that was killed yesterday (the one with GSW to the chest) was my cousin...

It's been a sad atmospheric condition in my family since yesterday..

91 Likes 5 Shares

Politics / Re: New Naira Notes: Protesters Block Roads In Warri by 9gerian: 4:44am On Feb 16, 2023
You are right. I remember how igbos chanted earlier that if they won’t get the presidency then the North should continue ruling Nigeria.

Today, some of them try to blackmail Yorubas into supporting Obi, even though Igbos do not have any history of supporting a Yoruba candidate that was actually wanted by Yorubas. They claim Yorubas hate them but the facts demonstrate the reverse (that they are the ones who hate Yorubas). This is why they are the most determined in stopping a Yoruba man from becoming president. Azikiwe did the same thing during the 1959 elections at independence. He accepted a ceremonial position just to keep the Yorubas out of the federal government cabinet. He succeeded but we all know how that eventually ended.

The Yorubas are the most balanced in their worldview of other Nigerians in terms of interactions, and everyone accepts and actually lauds this except the Igbos.

Even today, Yorubas welcome the idea of Obi becoming president, but can the same be said of Igbos towards a Tinubu presidency?

Tribal:
My beloved brother, you are one of the few that has Sincere Courage to Speak bitter Truth to erring majority. No lily-livered Person would ever talk like you do, I sincerely Salute you and I Pray that your shall Fulfill your Glorious Destiny.

I have Igbo Blood in me too, my Mom is Igbo. But the Truth that every wise and Sincere Igbo knows is that this Government can NEVER handover to Obi. Even Obi himself knows this, that is why he makes his Campaign fully Igbotic in nature just to enjoy the frenzy of moment. Question is, why should we serve as Spoiler for Southern Presidency?! Tinubu was definitely in best Position to Win this Presidency till my Igbos brothers Started massive Unprecedented Defamation of his Person. What we Igbos can not have for now, why being so Wicked to have been so bitterly Spoiling the Chance of a fellow Southerner to have it?! Myopic hatred for Yorubas is what has been directed towards Tinubu, now many that would have voted him before the Mockeries and Defamatory Online Campaigns against him are now rendered undecided which would get Flani Atiku more votes and your Know the 8 Years of Wickedness and Enslavement which that means for Southern Nigerians.
Politics / Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by 9gerian: 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2023
Too selfish to see beyond their noses and personal political gains.

One doesn’t need to be a prophet to know that several businesses have been crushed due to lack of cash in circulation. It’s the guys that sell in traffic and the market women that I pity the most.

DeWorlex45:

May God replenish ur wisdom for this piece.
It now appears that many people supporting the poor implementation of dis policy are either too wicked & selfish, or maybe they really don't understood d implications of what dis naira scarcity issue might cause at d long run.

The issue on ground now is beyond attaching it to favor a candidate or affect d other. People are really suffering & passing through a lot in regards to this scarcity. Only God knows what would happen in d coming days if d president don't step in to address d issue.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Keep Your Old Notes And Vote Tinubu To Reverse Emefiele's Policy by 9gerian: 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
Another angle… grin

This may be the most keenly contested election in the history of Nigeria.

Nanorest:
A win for tinubu means that our old notes will remain valid
Politics / Re: Breaking: APC, Oyetola Dodge Appeal Service, Locks Up Party Secretariat by 9gerian: 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
Substituted service?

press9jatv:
Feeling the heat over its procured Tribunal judgement, the APC is running from its own shadows, dodging receival of appeal service from the INEC, PDP and Governor Ademola Adeleke.

For over one week, it has been observed that APC state secretariat at Ogo Oluwa, Osogbo, has been under lock and key.

It was gathered that attempt to serve the appeal papers has also proved abortive because there is no single person at the party secretariat.

Commenting on the development, the State Caretaker Chairman of the PDP, Dr Akindele Adekunle described the development as “shameful and unhelpful to the APC and the former Governor.

” For how long can they run? Their secretariat was locked up to avoid service from our team. How can they evade service? A thief who steals the King’s trumpet will have nowhere to sound it.

” Justice must be served. We have solid confidence that with God and man, the higher court will reverse the miscarriage of Justice at the Tribunal.

” We call our members to remain calm. All hands are on deck to revalidate our mandate”, Dr Akindele said.

https://affairstv.com/politics/2023/02/14/breaking-apc-oyetola-dodge-appeal-service-locks-up-party-secretariat/
Crime / Re: 2 Security Guards Sentenced To Death For Killing Employer & His Daughter In Ondo by 9gerian: 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
Father and daughter gone.

They should have the criminals executed promptly!

Omicronvaccine:
2 Security Guards Sentenced To Death For Killing Employer And His Daughter In Ondo (Photos)

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Naira Crisis Has Brought Hunger And Anger - Sultan Of Sokoto by 9gerian: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
Hoarding without an actual scarcity will not avail much for the hoarders.

There can only be hoarding when there is first of all an evidence of scarcity.

Luckylife:
Policy is good but implementation and hoarding of the new notes by bank manages and politicians made the policy looks rubbish .
Politics / Re: How Can One Remove 3tr 'old' Notes, Print Only 300b New Notes & Not Expect Chaos by 9gerian: 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
I have gotten tired of getting angry at him (Emefiele). He is beyond ridiculous to have pulled off such a disastrous implementation of a great idea.

The guy completely forgot he is CBN governor, not INEC chairman. What a disaster he is!

pineed:

I tell you this no bi laughing matter jare
Politics / Re: Breaking News: Gunmen Burn Down High Court In Imo 10 Days After Killing Judge by 9gerian: 9:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
What on earth is going on in Imo A judge killed in court? shocked

Where is the outcry that usually visits attacks elsewhere?

Ukpaka:
Breaking News: Gunmen Burn Down High Court in Imo 10 Days After Killing Judge
https://247ureports.com/2023/02/breaking-news-gunmen-burn-down-high-court-in-imo-10-days-after-killing-judge/
-
This is coming barely ten days after Nnaemeka Ugboma, the judge in charge of Ejemekwuru Customary Court in the state was gruesomely murdered right inside the court by the gunmen as he was presiding over a court session.

According to eyewitness, the arsonists came heavily-armed to attack the court, the Oguta High Court, located right inside the Oguta Local Government Headquarters.
Business / Re: We Are Still Receiving Old Notes - EcoBank by 9gerian: 8:58pm On Feb 13, 2023
Another angle. A bird at hand…

4ward4:
I dey mad to carry my old notes go bank ?
Most POS are giving that same old notes at N150/1000

1 Like

Business / Re: We Are Still Receiving Old Notes - EcoBank by 9gerian: 8:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
Correct bank!

tinsel:
Ecobank Nigeria has informed their numerous customers to visit any of their branched and deposit their old notes that they are still accepting them

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0arb8oz5KdDMMY215wX7PRCr2B2B5pt5BVmJNNpSVQFg3W7hKfghhhefQv23YZP7Sl&id=100064838498529&mibextid=Nif5oz

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: How Can One Remove 3tr 'old' Notes, Print Only 300b New Notes & Not Expect Chaos by 9gerian: 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2023
Only Emefiele knows the answer to the thread’s question, ask him. grin

pineed:
Till now it this logic beats me..

How Can one remove/mop up 3Tr 'Old' notes, print only 300b new notes in an Economy as huge as Nigeria!!

Which kind of economic theory is this?

If only Mr Emefiele know the gravity of what this most insensitive move has caused this country eh.

Most Banks including Zenith Bank closed branches for days

Most Bank Apps not been working

People sitting outside ATMs and Banks for 2weeks now for both old and new Naira

From Lagos to Abuja same situation..
Education / Re: Webometrics 2023 Ranking: UNIBEN Falls, Ranks 148th ‘Best University’ In Nigeria by 9gerian: 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2023
Yes, 7 out of top 10.

villagerspeople:
SW states have universities while others have schools
Pls who has this Odunlade Adekola meme posin g as a doctor
Politics / Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by 9gerian: 5:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
Thank you.

The only reason to hoard any item successfully is when there is scarcity, else hoarding is useless and ineffective.

inoki247:

You people are just crying up nd down the politicians are buying the note fine....

But since last week have you seen EFCC and ICPC bursting any bank again CBN sef no see any new notes to give bank so Wu EFCC and ICPC wan burst....

CBN is at fault right now cos I don't think any banks av the note for hand now...

Like this is either CBN prints more note or they allow the old one to circulate bak....

You people are leaving CBN that is to be blame with banks that's trying to milk the Loopholes CBN created if CBN printed enough nobody will try to milk the policy.,.

This not the first time we are doing cash swap we don du plenty cash swap and we have never faced something like this before...

I pray people eyes clear when I was telling people this cash scarcity will even give the politicians more power to buy vote you people are saying No even clueless Obi support the policies, You're saying bkuz Tinubu doesn't support it that means his affected APC is scamming you people buh you can't see it...
Politics / Re: Nigerians, How Is This Ok? Is The Southwest Proud Of The Violence In Lagos? by 9gerian: 7:47am On Feb 13, 2023
Attacks on anyone or party is bad and condemnable. However, let us thank God it wasn’t more serious than this in Lagos.

More serious attacks happened elsewhere (Anambra) that should equally draw condemnation from everyone including you.

https://punchng.com/anambra-how-gunmen-killed-three-policemen-in-okowa-security-team/?amp

Elfree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bRQCS2gTfs

How can we justify electoral violence and intimidation in 2023.

Nigeria has lost its moral compass.

No rule of law.

I am beginning to agree with MNK this country is zoo😡😡
Politics / Re: Who Noticed This About Fulani Herdsmen by 9gerian: 7:35am On Feb 13, 2023
Amen. And may the wrath of God visit and wipe all the killers out.

Goodson15:
They reck havoc in Benue state last week,their sponsors will never know peace
Education / Re: 12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) by 9gerian: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hair shaved, incision? I will get the whole school management and their teachers arrested and investigated, whichever is possible. shocked

NoToTerrorists:
What exactly is happening in our schools. Just yesterday someone was complaining her daughters hair was shaved and incision made in what looks like witchcraft.
Politics / Re: Northern Muslims Cry Foul As Cross Is Found In Tinubu's House (picture) by 9gerian: 10:31am On Feb 12, 2023
If anything, it can be argued that Tinubu is balanced having a pastor as wife. He is a nominal Muslim obviously, but picked another more traditional Muslim as his running.

He can’t be begrudged from a religious point of view.

Ogbuefi2020:

For someone who claims to be a Muslim, cross makes the claim questionable
Politics / Re: Northern Muslims Cry Foul As Cross Is Found In Tinubu's House (picture) by 9gerian: 7:32am On Feb 12, 2023
The cross is not questionable!

Ogbuefi2020:
Everything about Tinubu is questionable

10 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by 9gerian: 7:31am On Feb 12, 2023
The NLC has a new leader. They should avoid plenty talk and swing into concrete action using everything they have to save the economies of the bottom of the pyramid.

OddsDoc:

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/tuc-threatens-to-sue-fg-over-naira-fuel-scarcity
Politics / Re: ObIdients & Tinubu Supporters, What Do You Learn From Datti & Sanwo-Olu Picture? by 9gerian: 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
God1000:
We're still brothers no matter what happens
Politics / Re: Aerial View Of Peter Obi Presidential Campaign Rally In Lagos (Pics, Video) by 9gerian: 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
Impressive.

I’m happy all sides of the divide are finding their voices and representation, and therefore participating actively in politics.

Soon Nigerian politics would evolve and be more issue based, and beneficial to the people.
Politics / Re: 2PM Drone View Of Peter Obi Rally In Lagos by 9gerian: 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
There will be updates I guess.

wwwihy:
2PM 🕑 drone View of Peter obi rally in Lagos 🥳

“Lagos is no man’s land”💥

Tulumbu Lagos

#ObiDattiInLagos
#Obidatti023
#ObiDients
Education / Re: Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities by 9gerian: 7:41am On Feb 10, 2023
Parents won’t find it funny as it would require another mobilization costs for the children to return to school. 1 week would have been adequate to see how things pan out after the elections before students return to school.

Osidazz19:
Closing schools for 3 weeks because of election? wow this country gets serious wahala.
3 Weeks, people can't even get one day off on the US to go and vote.
I can see may be a day or two but 3 weeks is totally moronic and counter productive. The students that are behind before are now in a worse situation.
Politics / Re: The Moment Obi Landed In Abuja For His Presidential Campaign Rally (Pics, Video) by 9gerian: 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
Please stop insulting our sensibilities.

You are most likely an Igbo because it is only igbos that think others are tribalistic without verifiable facts.

The screenshots below is the worst form of tribalism that Nigeria has ever suffered, impacting the nation’s trajectory till date, but Igbos like you point fingers without reflection.

Some Majors (mostly igbos in the list) planned a coup and killed all other region’s leaders (Tafawa Balewa, Amhadu Bello, Akintola, and Okoti-Eboh) but spared only their tribesmen (Azikiwe, Nwafor and Ironsi). No other tribe has this kind of historical record in Nigeria.

Therefore Yorubas can never be the most tribalistic in Nigeria where Igbos are. I challenge you to show historical facts that prove your assertion.

This is just to set the records straight and dispel your campaign of calumny.

Hendrixky:
After this election we are going to be aware of certain things
1)the problem of Nigeria is tribalism and not all about religion but mostly tribalism
And hausas are not really tribalistic the way we thought
But the yorubas are more tribalistic..the problem with hausas is that religious line..apart from that hausas are fantastic people

Because as at the time Buhari was sick and travelling for medical attention we all was clamouring for him to hand over to a healthy and vibrant Osinbajo. We regretted our action of being stupid to elect a sick old man

But now we have a vibrant and healthy Peter obi contesting but the yorubas because of tribalism wants us to install tinubu again knowing fully well that the world will mock us

The worse part of it is that the pain and memory of the incessant travel for medical check up by Buhari is still very fresh in our mind.not like it happened 20 years ago. It just happened yesterday..

And for all those quoting me. Please am not any of this tribe not igbo, yoruba or hausa. I'm from the South South

Politics / Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by 9gerian: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
You gerrit largely.

LordAdam16:

Here's the simple answer:

Atiku is not a sectarian politician. He is cosmopolitan.

Buhari and Kwankwanso are sectarian politicians.

Atiku has national appeal. Buhari and Kwankwaso do not. Which is why Tinubu was so valuable in 2015. He conferred on Buhari the cloak of acceptance by disgruntled Southerners, which was enough to give the election results legitimacy even though they were rigged.

A repeat occurred in 2019. Kwankwaso will lose serially in the general elections like Buhari pre-2015 if he does not gain appeal in one of the Southern blocs.

Atiku is unlucky that Tinubu is contesting and has the backing of at least 50% of the Northern heavyweights. I'm of the opinion that he deserves to lose if he cannot convince his fellow Northerners to pick him over Tinubu.

The North is not ready to give most of their votes to a cosmopolitan Northerner just yet. The likes of Atiku, Ribadu, and Saraki will always lose out to the likes of Buhari, Kwankwaso, and el-Rufai.

It is this way because the North subconsciously believes that hard line politicos are best able to keep the formidable rival interests from the SW, SE, and the budding ND at bay. OBJ gave them a taste. Jonathan scared them. They're backing Tinubu because they have him on a leash: Whenever they pull their support, he is done politically. If Atiku gets in, he would not need them for a second term, and he would be more sympathetic to Southern concerns than any front-line Northern politico (which threatens the North's supremacy).

-Lord
Politics / Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by 9gerian: 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
Well said!

LegendHero:

I assume the reason why Northerner don’t collectively rate Atiku was because he doesn’t give that pro-North vibe and most of his comrades are not from the North.

Buhari and Kwakwanso give more pro-North vibes and they appeal more to the masses with their simple outlook to life.

Business / Re: Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) by 9gerian: 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
I think they call it “charge back”

Tookool:

I have never had such experience oh, After withdrawing from the pos or after I have recieved a debit alert for a transfer transaction, then my money is reversed back to me. Does it truly happen ?
Celebrities / Re: Peter Okoye To Seun Kuti: You Have Erased Your Father's History by 9gerian: 10:52am On Feb 08, 2023
christistruth01:

.why are some People so Politically intolerant
of others opinion

A man stated his own Political Opinion and you had to drag his father into it
Celebrities / Re: Peter Okoye To Seun Kuti: You Have Erased Your Father's History by 9gerian: 8:18am On Feb 08, 2023
This was all that was needed- a meaningful conversation.

lexy2014:

What is the relationship between what fela did and what seun said? Did he say the truth? If it's not the truth, kindly counter it instead of talking about his father

1 Like

Crime / Re: Gunmen Kill Prof. Anthony Eze (UNIZIK Lecturer) In Anambra (Photo) by 9gerian: 12:00am On Feb 08, 2023
Amen!

PlayMaker14:
[/b]

Running away from death, but it still hits you hard.😢

What a terrible way to go.

May his killers die a gruesome death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (of 93 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.