Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,039 members, 7,863,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

9gerian's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9gerian's Profile / 9gerian's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (of 94 pages)

Crime / Re: Man Beats Wife To Death As He Seeks To Control Property She Built In Ogun (Pix) by 9gerian: 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
Wives should learn to share just like their husbands readily do in most cases.

But he should never have killed her. The crime looks premeditated considering he hit her on the head with a padlock. Most probably, he meant to kill her, and thereafter pretend it was a mere scuffle.

The lady must have been shocked- wondering how her husband could have planned killing her. The evil intent must have dawned on her shortly before she died. There is no greater feeling of betrayal by a loved one!

SETHARTHUR:
What if it is the other way round the Man could have surly given the woman a huge controller of the business.
I wonder why when woman has more money partiality sets in. Assuming say it is the man who started the school he would have looked down on the wife's qualifications, the both could have co-owned the school, after all man donates or starts up business for there wife. Husband and wife are equal only when it favor's the woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by 9gerian: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2022
Very true!

First hand observation: lastma deliberately allows commercial vehicles and tricycles to take one way, even on bridges, regularly to help mislead and apprehend private vehicles who mistakenly follow after seeing lastma allow the commercial vehicles (eg Cele/Okota bridge and environs). This appears to be their biggest stock in trade. They probably extort millions from private vehicles daily as a result.

Another area is Adeniran Ogunsanya roundabout at Bode Thomas, during slow moving periods daily, the lastma officials there record the change of traffic lights only and then argue that the vehicle arrived at the roundabout after green changes to red rather mischievously since there slow moving traffic necessitating a slowdown. Just to mention a few.

Can never feel sorry for the governor if he loses the election. The deliberate and unwarranted victimization of private citizens is just too much. People now avoid certain areas as a result.

Antoeni:
LASTMA is An Evil Agency of Lagos State Government, Whose Major Task Has Now Became to iHarass And Extort Motorists in Lagos Especially Privately Owed Vehicles Thereby Causing Torment & Torture

2 Likes 2 Shares

Crime / Re: Ataga Murder: Police Forced Me To Sign A Statement They Wrote – Chidinma Ojukwu by 9gerian: 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
The part she may find difficult was the stealing and of the victim’s money, after he was dead. That may be pursued as the motive for the murder- usually.

hopexter:

Good thing about prison is old inmates go always put you through what to say. No one is as safe and protected by those in prisons. Now she don sabi statements just to save herself, complete Omo ewon cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Business / Re: Naira Redesign: Give Us Time To Bring Out Money From Forests- Miyetti Allah by 9gerian: 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2022
shocked

TonyRazor:
"Naira redesign: Give us time to bring out money from forests- Miyetti Allah – The Razor News" https://therazornews.com/naira-redesign-give-us-time-to-bring-out-money-from-forests-miyetti-allah/?noamp=mobile
Politics / Re: Gen Ihejirika, Ex Coas Has Burnt The Table Destroyed By Soludo Patapata by 9gerian: 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2022
The General is unbraiding the leaders in the southeast that failed to rise to the occasion to stop non state actors from growing so big to the extent of challenging the constituted authority.

In other words, nobody is in charge or has demonstrated the capacity of bringing calm to the southeast amongst its elders and politicians. Untamed anarchy is what is fast developing. A similar development was witnessed in the north years ago before Boko haram / ISWA eventually came full cycle.

The rest is history…

mycar:
Well written but who is he blaming? the powerless citizens or the controller of the armed forces
Religion / Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Will Neither Recommend Nor Disqualify Any Party – Kumuyi by 9gerian: 6:41pm On Nov 17, 2022
You have a strong argument!

Yugoslavia247:
Why are christian leaders like this. Why why why.

Never will a Islam cleric sit on the fence in a Christian christian ticket.

They will preach it and take sides.

But here we are christians always preaching what they don't practice.

I believe you always stand on the fence on all issues. I remember when all of you so called pastors were saying all sorts of conspiracy theories and taking sides during coronavirus.

It is very wrong for a country to have a Muslim Muslim to ticket. A time shall come we will have a northern northern ticket. It's just a matter of time.
Religion / Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Will Neither Recommend Nor Disqualify Any Party – Kumuyi by 9gerian: 6:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
Not at all. The man of God knows what he is saying.

Google and read about Cyrus in the the Bible.

danielhubs:
Sounds like a double standard opinion

TV/Movies / Re: Hushpuppi Film: Aremu Afolayan To 50 Cent 'I’m The One You’re Looking For' by 9gerian: 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2022
They know, but are just playing mischief.

Vintage100:

Those of you who attacks Yoruba muslims especially on political issues don't know that, religion don't really matter to the Yorubas, when you attack Yoruba muslims, it is an attack on Yoruba race entirely. Simply attack Yorubas and not just the muslims among them.
TV/Movies / Re: Hushpuppi Film: Aremu Afolayan To 50 Cent 'I’m The One You’re Looking For' by 9gerian: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2022
A Yoruba parlance and infused role, Jim Iyke? Kindly explain how he will fit better than afolayan.

BATified2023:
This one thinks it’s all those over hyped bullshit he’s always dishing out to his mumu fans

Jim iyke will kill it just like a poster above said

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Why Do Igbos Love Osibanjo by 9gerian: 7:59am On Nov 17, 2022
True. Osinbajo would have been blamed for all of his principal’s shortcomings and Nigeria’s problems.

The reason he is being shown love now is to spite the one that emerged the APC presidential candidate.

Really a reverse psychology.

TheSameGuy:
Imagine this children raised and fed with HATE blatant lies angry

When they were all contesting for APC ticket, you all are supporting Amaechi against this same Oshinbajo.

Now he didn't get the ticket, you're using reverse psychology.

Had he gotten it, his character assassination by you all would have been much more than Tinubu's.

You've called him mere commissioner, errand boy, condolence Minister, fake Pastor and all sort of derogatory names.

I hope Yorubas understand this people's gimmicks

3 Likes 1 Share

Culture / Re: Historical Background Of Isolo, Lagos by 9gerian: 7:14am On Nov 17, 2022
Interesting.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: If I Have Money Today, Nothing Will Keep Me In Lagos by 9gerian: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
You lose! And that happens by you deliberately depriving yourself of some the most committed professionals that Nigeria has to offer.

Or are you not aware that Obama, Trump, Biden, Boris, Sunak etc all had/have Yorubas as part of their main cabinet members or think tank? Google will help you here.

Go check most and the biggest establishments that are thriving today (no jokes), they have Yorubas at the helms of affairs, and its an open secret that Yorubas build systems. So the choice of keeping Yorubas away from your establishment is yours to own and deal with.

Lionstep:
I'll never employee Yoruba in my organization let them keep bringing in cv nah them go tire last last..... nairaland has actually made me dislike them with passion, very myopic set of individual's
Politics / Re: David Hundeyin: Deloitte Denies Knowledge Of Tinubu Ever Being Its Employee by 9gerian: 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
Good job, if true!
Crime / Re: Zanele Sifuba’s Sex Video: Nigerian Embassy Reacts As SA Blasts Nigerians by 9gerian: 9:19am On Nov 12, 2022
But have some of the Nigerians been mostly good citizens in SA?

Some Nigerians literally take host countries as fools for having enabling environments that help immigrants to thrive so they quickly abuse all the privileges, and eventually get banned along with other innocent immigrants.

Recent cult activities and robberies that led to the ban in Dubai comes to mind. Abike Dabiri was even labeled a bigot for calling out those who were causing all the major problems. Now other African immigrants are affected because of what some Nigerians do. But we bask and boast that they envy us. Such was possible if filth was attractive to everyone.

India, Thailand, Ghana, Indonesia etc the list keeps growing but we are not allowed to talk about it less we offend those whose people are doing all these damages on an atrocious scale, and with no one allowed to give caution.

WowSweetGuy:
These savages called south Africans just hate Nigerians. It's showing all over their comments. I believe it's mostly Igbo business guys there...just like here in Nigeria like Lagos...why do people hate hustling successful people as if they are eating their govt money both there and here.

Black man is Black man enemy. Frustration and hard living have made many reason hates, envy, jealousy and the rest black mind things.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Politics / Re: See The OBI Investment In Anambra State That Soludo Says Is Worthless by 9gerian: 8:17am On Nov 11, 2022
Profound!

Ttalk:

Please provide past document or commissioning pics of the industrial layout.

Don't come and boboh us with one yeye package just to defend your failure.

Today you are all criticising Soludo, your best and future potential candidate, when Nigerians begin to reference your run-down on Soludo in the near future you all start crying that Nigerians hate you.

You are all bad in politics. Soludo was right
Business / Re: $1 Back To ₦‎690 At Black Market by 9gerian: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2022
Checked last night. It was 700. Further strengthening will go a long way to revive things.

The other problem is Nigerians don’t like dropping prices to suit the Naira appreciation.

nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/Naija_PR/status/1590728250460110849?t=soKNdnI6xB3I9N2yNGYOpA&s=08

9 Likes

Politics / Re: Soludo Is Digging His Own Grave by 9gerian: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2022
This headline and some of the comments suggests that Igbos are not free to objectively air their views, or clarify the true position of things. Such dissenting voices will be bullied all in a bid to promote a particular narrative, that we can therefore conclude is false.

Is that not majority tyranny, a very dangerous development to the well-being of the people in their society? This will promote the lowest brains in the society to control the biggest say not by superior arguments but by brute force. Something that we see happening already.
Politics / Re: Nnamani To Ndigbo: Reflect On Reality Of Tinubu Presidency by 9gerian: 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2022
Facts:

“How did the Igbo get to this? Who sold this massive Con job? Who are the snake oil salemen? Why the perceived mistrust of the Yoruba?

“We never fought? Our properties never seized? Our businesses thriving in their Homelands? Blossoming intermarriages with multiple offsprings? Common language etymology.”

He further said: “They stayed out of Nigeria/Biafra war until the Benin expedition. Fajuyi died for Ironsi’s sake.

[/quote]

[quote author=Ylink4sure post=118281685]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/nnamani-to-ndigbo-reflect-on-reality-of-tinubu-presidency/
Crime / Re: Ataga: Chidinma's relationship with her foster father is sexual - Police Witness by 9gerian: 10:45am On Nov 09, 2022
It is for the police because the lady’s counsel have been trying to prove that the initial testimony or confession by Chidinma was obtained under duress, which would result in the court throwing it out if that succeeds.

So the police are trying to cast aspersions on the girl and her foster father with all available facts at their disposal.

Yes, they can go after the drug sellers, if there’s a complicity angle to pursue there. Our police are particularly expert at involving all parties to a crime because bail may be involved. You should know the rest by now.

gulfer:
You're are right but is that angle circumstantial and relevant to the case, what about going after the drug suppliers because drug was an active ingredient in the crime
Crime / Re: Ataga: Chidinma's relationship with her foster father is sexual - Police Witness by 9gerian: 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2022
This is the norm in the law courts all over h ex world: to discredit the other party to establish some form of motivation for the crime or crime a perceived obstruction to justice, to achieve a water tight case.

gulfer:
Chasing shadows, Nigerian police. What nonsense intelligence undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: Ataga: Chidinma's relationship with her foster father is sexual - Police Witness by 9gerian: 10:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
You gerrit!

maasoap:

You're too dull and dumb for my liking. You don't know how this revelation is important to this trial within a trial? Well, they're trying to discredit the defendants that she's a liar and the judge shouldn't believe her.

Her Foster father! Did you read that part at all? It's like you're saying that your sister can have sex with father as long as she's 18 and above. Dumb!

She ran to the man and he played his part in hiding her and some items connected to the victim and murder. He's not being detained because of the sex. You didn't follow the case but making argument here blindly
Crime / Re: Ataga: Chidinma's relationship with her foster father is sexual - Police Witness by 9gerian: 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2022
This is the stage where each sides counsel are roe’s to discredit the other to prove their case amidst accusations, denials and counter accusations.

This angle of an amorous affair is to prove that the man has a vested interest in the case, which suggests he is hiding some facts to protect his lover who had been reported as his foster daughter howbeit without consent from the girl’s family. More facts will therefore emerge from this angle if proven.

Kurumaru:
Wetin concern Agbero with Overload?.. Person commit murder naija police say matured girl dey sleep with another matured human.. I need clarity please..
Politics / Re: Pa Adebanjo: At 94 I May Not Be Alive. U're The One To Suffer If You Vote Tinubu by 9gerian: 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2022
How I wish we can just be done with this election already. Nigerians trusting their politicians way too much without viable basis.

I remember Ghana when Mahama was president, the people wanted change and voted Nana Akufo Addo, after touting him as the best fit for the job for several years prior. Today Ghana is economically troubled with the much sung Akufo Addo. Same thing happened between GEJ and Buhari in 2015.

People need to learn that the fact that they feel so strongly about their preferred presidential candidate does not make their choice right or superior, at least not until in the future when we can all look back to determine whether there has been the expected improvements.

This is why the people must focus on and keep the eyes of the politicians on the issues, with the biggest issue being the structure of governance in Nigeria.

Right now I just want the elections done quickly to see where the new leadership takes Nigeria structurally. Some of the things we are boasting that a candidate would do will come as a shock to many when they start foot dragging, and making excuses. What will make the difference is the candidate’s ability to influence stakeholders to achieve his set objectives for the nation. After all, it is democracy that is in practice.
Crime / Re: Photos Of Joy Uchechi Nwachukwu's Murderers Arrested In Owerri (Graphic) by 9gerian: 7:58am On Nov 08, 2022
Some women do worse.

The problem is the mad craze for money. Crime or evil is not a sure or secured way to make money, uknown to some. Other legitimate and non devilish ways are far better, and more rewarding.

Candidlady:
Isaid it in that other thread it can't pass the handiwork of men

If only God could just wipe out all of em. This world would have been a peace place.

Dead rotten forsaken genders
Crime / Re: Photos Of Joy Uchechi Nwachukwu's Murderers Arrested In Owerri (Graphic) by 9gerian: 7:51am On Nov 08, 2022
You mean evil!

OgaDeyVex:
Heart Of Most People Is Very Wicked, Cha E!

Oga Just Wake Up From Sleep Begin Dey Vex
Politics / Re: Atiku Supporters Attacked In Rivers State While Posting His Campaign Poster by 9gerian: 8:46am On Nov 07, 2022
Well said!

frankmoney:
Lol Nigerians support impunity when it favours them . See all of them above supporting the attack on atiku supporters.

I'm not even a fan of atiku . But nigeria is a democratic country , everyone has a right to vote and be voted for . You don't like their candidate ? Address your grievances at the poll
Politics / Re: Atiku Supporters Attacked In Rivers State While Posting His Campaign Poster by 9gerian: 8:44am On Nov 07, 2022
Most comments here are highly disappointing. People keep trying to justify violence to suit their political affiliations.

Hope they would maintain the same energy when they are at the receiving end of similar violence. The shoe may get put on the other foot too.

1 Like

Health / Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by 9gerian: 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2022
Highly inspiring. You just paid it forward. May you never lack help (big or small) anytime you need it!

Well done!

Centurion101:
I write this story to encourage people to always help if they are in a position to do so, especially is the situation is dire. What goes around comes around and you might just find yourself in a situation where you Will need help from strangers and hope they help you too.

Days ago I was in my neighborhood in South West running some errands at around 9pm on Sunday when I found myself in a very busy road packed to the brim end to end with cars stuck in a hold up trying to beat the jam to get to Thier respective destinations.

I turned the ignition off since I've already spent like 20minutes without moving an inch, a few seconds later I heard a loud bang it was a speeding bike who wanted to use it's small size to it's advantage to beat the traffic, upon close inspection I realized the bike has Just hit a guy with full force and ran away.

Consequently people came out to check on the guy that was hit,he was unconscious bleeding from the back of his head and face, unfortunately the bike's force banged him right into a very big cement structure that would probably weigh a couple of tons.

Nigerians being Nigerians started praying and speaking in tongues instead of administering aid to the guy, nobody was willing to touch him,there were just shouting and saying he is probably dead and they don't want police to charge them with his death.

At this point I tried to control the crowd to disperse and at least give this guy room to breathe and get some fresh air hoping that might resuscitate him,but there were like 50people gathering there and there is only so much a single person can do.

So realizing no one was willing to help this guy I fought my way through them ruggedly to get to the guy I realized he has a broken leg and arm and he was bleeding heavily but he has a pulse and he is not dead,
I don't know what I was thinking or what power came over me but the fact that he is alive made a difference to me and I said to myself I will take him to the hospital even if I have to carry him on my back and trek there.
I asked a man to help me Carry him, he asked do I know the victim and I answered yes,he is my junior brother.

so they helped me lift him up and I carried him on my back and began to speed, now the next thing was how to get transportation,we are in a hold up and no car is moving, by this point the crowds has dispersed and left me alone to tend to my PROBLEM.

I locked my car , sat the guy close to the side of the road ,I tried to find something that could apply pressure to reduce the bleeding,then it dawned on me that a cloth will do just fine,so I removed my shirt and tied it around his leg where he was bleeding the most.

Like I said earlier the task at hand was how to get transportation to the closest hospital, I began flagging down bikes but none of them stopped out of fear until I literarily ran in front of one forcing him to stop and told him to take me to the next hospital,I was about to start begging him to not let this guy die because of fear when this guy got down from his bike offering to help lift him so we can take him to the hospital,I don't know if it's God that sent him or it was just pure luck but he helped and we put the victim in the middle and started our journey to the hospital.

On the way I checked the guy's pulse and breathing like every second, telling him he's going to live one way or the other because my work will not be in vain. As God will have it he opened his eyes but he was still incoherent and totally out of it ,but at least now his eyes is opened and he is not laying down like a dead man,that kind of gave me an atom of hope.

Moments later we arrived at a private hospital and they were just about to close, apparently they had some issues with the workers that were supposed to cover a night shift, infact there was only one doctor on call and a few nurses around so it was all hands on deck, the victim was stretched in and as per private hospital wahala they demanded card and treatment fee up front, I even begged them to at least priorities the guy's life first but they said no money no treatment,so I paid for card, admission fee and treatment, it was 33,000 naira

After payment the doctor came in with the nurses and started working Thier magic, giving him some injections , cleaning his wounds,they even plugged him up with something that aided his breathing (I don't know what the thing is called).

After a couple of hours around 11:30pm the doctors came out and told me he was stable,that he had some internal bleedings that has Been stopped and he is responding fine to the treatment,they said I can go and see him if I wanted.

I went into the ward and checked up on him,he was heavily medicated and he couldn't really say anything that makes sense,he was just fixated on my face, strolling in and out of consciousness.

I slept in the hospital and the following morning around 8am he was awake and fine ,so I went to see him and when he saw me,he just started crying uncontrollably saying THANK YOU like a hundred times without stopping, this kind of made me a bit emotional because I've not really seen a lot of grown men cry.
He gave me his phone and I contacted his family members and told them what Happened, his mother almost passed out on the call, some minutes later they all rushed into the hospital. I peeked at them through the glass window when they went to his ward,the relief and joy in Thier faces is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life.

I left my number with the nurses there and told them to give to the guy when he is discharged and I made my way down to fetch my car, hoping and praying fervently that the car is still there and that was it.

That 33k was the best thing I've paid for in all my life and what happened just gave me joy and relief anytime I think about it.

The guy and his parents calls me like a billion times a day,they even offered to pay me back but I refused, collecting the money back is not worth the joy I got from doing what I did.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Business To Invest 500k And Make 1m In 2month by 9gerian: 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2022
How far, did Chelsea win? grin

Zonefree:
Use the 500K and stake Chelsea to win Arsenal. You'll make 1M in 2 hours .

2 Likes

Politics / Re: 14yr Old Nigerian Girl Wins 7 Medals In International Maths Contest by 9gerian: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
Great news!

obafemiawoga:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzidMyC4Q8U

Fatima Adamu Maikusa, 14-year-old young Muslimah, from Gombe State, northeastern Nigeria, has started a career in mathematics by making global records. The girl who first appeared at the spotlight at the age of 9, when she won American Mathematics Competition (AMC 08), has continued showing up and winning different awards afterwards.

A post made on Facebook by Mathematics Professionals indicates that Fatima As a Grade 11 student NTIC Kano Girls College, she has won 7 medals in mathematics so far. has won medals in Jakarta Indonesia, Bangkok Thailand, and Bulgaria. Fatima's laurels were won at the American Mathematics Competition (AMC 08), International Eduversal Mathematics Competition, Jakarta Indonesia, and International Maths Challenge, Bangkok Thailand.
Travel / Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by 9gerian: 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2022
You have a point there!

kingamaa:
This is misinformation

There is a difference between legitimate and illegitimate tax and over taxation

All commercial vehicles pay tax not just in Lagos alone.

That of Lagos has some peculiarities which is not new and the beauty of issues like this is the ability of the government and those involve to sit at a round table and resolve their issues which is exactly what is going on and the beauty of democracy.

Definitely better than killing each other, killing law enforcement agents, destroying government properties, disturbing the peace of the land and generally making life difficult for the common man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (of 94 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.