Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (48009 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / If You're A Lady, Do You Like Being Called "Baby"? / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by chikeorji123(m): 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
4words:
well since your the initiator, you can also be the executor.

Then l need more vote to execute this! though the committee need a leader which l decline to be since l'm not good when it's come to issues of the Dead as she claimed..
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by chikeorji123(m): 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oahray: It's not my intention to say if it's right or not. I only know that if you love someone, you'd look for ways to make the person happy. Give and take.

But seriously, girls, why una like double standards like this?

If you say NO on the basis of 'no ring yet', you have no right to expect things only a husband is obliged to give either.

1000likes..For opposition party ladies have this in mind..
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

ewww, 7days in a week, u wan de wash, clean house, cook food, washbathroom and wash dirty plate just sign in as house girl nau make we know say na house gal.
in 2013 you wan de do house girl for b/f SMH
Omo Zaire, come hia o! No b me u dey fire dis indirect shot? If I slap u! angry
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
Maya2pretty: My ex couldn't even
cook indomie properly, it was my greatest delight to cook for him at every given opportunity while he worshipped me lol but he eventually d basics of cookin cos I insisted dat he learnt somethings so he won't b totally dependent. If dere's love den it'l b ur pleasure to help out, not become a slave
I like the bold part. Nice point. But this is an example of what I am saying... It's a thing of pride for you that he 'worshipped' you. Probably showering you with stuff. I'm sure no girl in this situation would object.
But something as petty as cooking could make the girl a 'slave'. Why? Cos most girls are only after what they can get, not what they can give.

If doing something for her so-called bf makes a girl feel like a slave, it really says alot about the kind of person she is.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by dont8(m): 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
How can someone that cares or shows love be a maga

I know you're joking anyway, but this is one of our problem as a nation, seeing oneself as being smart and the helper as a maga (mugu). We need complete re-orientation as a people.
Idowuogbo:
Awww... Maga toh niooce! tongue grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by chikeorji123(m): 11:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
cook indomie properly, it was my greatest delight to cook for him at every given opportunity while he worshipped me lol but he eventually learnt d basics of cookin cos I insisted dat he learnt somethings so he won't b totally dependent. If dere's love den it'l b ur pleasure to help out, not become a slave

Did u said ur EX?..and u bear such a nice name MAYA2PRETTY why so many ex these days?..
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
cook indomie properly, it was my greatest delight to cook for him at every given opportunity while he worshipped me lol but he eventually learnt d basics of cookin cos I insisted dat he learnt somethings so he won't b totally dependent. If dere's love den it'l b ur pleasure to help out, not become a slave

So performing your duties has transformed into slavery for 2013 babes??
na wa oooo
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
chikeorji123:

Did u said ur EX?..and u bear such a nice name MAYA2PRETTY why so many ex these days?..

because they lack the ingredients that makes them wife material
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by chikeorji123(m): 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

idowu idowu. now i think some1 hacked your account, kindly go back and read our conversation from page 0

U finally believe? well.. the committe are on the case already..
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 11:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifihearam:
na wa oooo
It's not a duty sha.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oahray: It's not a duty sha.
U dey mind d akpu head? angry grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oahray: It's not my intention to say if it's right or not. I only know that if you love someone, you'd look for ways to make the person happy. Give and take.

But seriously, girls, why una like double standards like this?

I remember one thread in which the op called her bf (not husband) of four years stingy for not replacing her stolen phones on two occasions, and instead going ahead to buy phones for himself.
Most girls on the thread immediately started the "stingy bfs make stingy husbands" song. Only a few agreed that providing is the duty of a husband, not a bf.

Now it's the turn of the ladies, the roles of bfs/gfs suddenly gets revised. It's suddenly not right this time cos he has not put a ring on her finger yet. Like seriously?

As for the topic, it never mentioned how often. It only asks if it is write right to do them.
If you say NO on the basis of 'no ring yet', you have no right to expect things only a husband is obliged to give either.

abi ooooooo
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:

ogoro face wetin?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
You get soup dia? grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
dont8: How can someone that cares or shows love be a maga

I know you're joking anyway, but this is one of our problem as a nation, seeing oneself as being smart and the helper as a maga (mugu). We need complete re-orientation as a people.
Hehehe... Eya... U b victim 2? tongue angry
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oahray: It's not a duty sha.

when does it become a duty ni?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Maya2pretty(f): 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oahray: I like the bold part. Nice point. But this is an example of what I am saying... It's a thing of pride for you that he 'worshipped' you. Probably showering you with stuff. I'm sure no girl in this situation would object.
But something as petty as cooking could make the girl a 'slave'. Why? Cos most girls are only after what they can get, not what they can give.

If doing something for her so-called bf makes a girl feel like a slave, it really says alot about the kind of person she is.
True, my on take on slavery in dis context is wen d guy abuses u and ur good intentions and treats u like his 1500 naira house girl den most idiots would force sex on u as change to d 1500 value they attached to u, we all need to b wise in anythin we do
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifihearam:

ogoro face wetin?
Ifihearam, where that ya e-babe? wink
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifihearam:

na wa oooo
This right here is the reason why many girls refuse to wash and cook for their guys...when there are guys like you who think it's our duty to do those stuffs. Without us, can't you feed yourself and wash your clothes?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifihearam:

ogoro face wetin?
Shift>>>>>>>>>>>>Nigerian Hitler!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oahray: Ifihearam, where that ya e-babe? wink

we don nok after valentine nau cool
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 11:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
Abeg o. Make una take am easy. Relationship is a personal thing. Opinions should be respected. Advice can be offered without firing shots. Variety is the spice of life. To each his own cheesy

@gree-die, you are a darling cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
ItsModella:
This right here is the reason why many girls refuse to wash and cook for their guys...when there are guys like you who think it's our duty to do those stuffs. Without us, can't you feed yourself and wash your clothes?

Itsmodella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well if you dont then then hope for the ringing things na
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifihearam:

when does it become a duty ni?
It becomes part of my responsibility wen I take up ya surname.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Shift>>>>>>>>>>>>Nigerian Hitler!

this babe with your small arm pit,wetin me and you get ni??
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Maya2pretty(f): 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
chikeorji123:

Eh let's just say we weren't meant to b, we r still very good frienda though
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
It becomes part of my responsibility wen I take up ya surname.

nor be only surname,na all this kind things una mama do wey make dem the good and best mothers/wives they are today
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2013
Maya2pretty:
Eh let's just say we weren't meant to b, we r still very good frienda though

in other words you are very single now?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
Maya2pretty:
True, my on take on slavery in dis context is wen d guy abuses u and ur good intentions and treats u like his 1500 naira house girl den most idiots would force sex on u as change to d 1500 value they attached to u, we all need to b wise in anythin we do
Everything has a price, even love. It might not be monetary. If the scenario you just painted happens, it's only because the lady placed a N1500 price tag on herself, and it has nothing to do with helping her bf out with stuff.

More often than not, abuse is birthed from her overdependence (financial or emotional) on the guy. It's easier to disrespect someone depending on you than someone you depend on. I'm sure you know that.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifihearam:

nor be only surname,na all this kind things una mama do wey make dem the good and best mothers/wives they are today
Don't get me wrong o! I'll cater to my man anyday, but! wen a chauvinist like urself decides he wants to flip my hospitality into a must do event,na dat time u go no person no fit use petrol boil rice.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ifihearam: 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
Well,it depends on what every man wants,there are some girls that are only good with house chore but have no character and vice versa,and cleaning or cooking does not define a woman as a good or wife material,its more than just that

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Maya2pretty(f): 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifihearam:

na wa oooo
Try to understand a post before u quote it and a woman should b real to herself in a relationship and do wat comes from her heart to a guy dat deserves and reciprocates dat affection

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shows Off His 3 Pregnant Girlfriends (Video, Photo) / Girl Flaunts Her Aged White Husband (Photos) / Man Who Dumped His Ex To Marry Another, Begs Her, But See Her Reply (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.