Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' (19886 Views)

Amazing Things You Never Knew You Could Do With The Male Sperm / Whats The Male Version Of Side Chicks? / Case For Feminism: A Male Privilege Checklist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by drdams: 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
They av said it all and its been insightful.
Bt in addition..

Y do we xpect Men to make marriage proposal?
Y do we c a man as infidel if e isnt providing for his family?
Y r d men xpected to engage in hard labour whilst d ladies sort for milder works?
Wot prompt d comon saying ' be a Man'?
Y is ur country called fatherland?

Dnt forget d biological factor either..
We can only preach and get GENDER EQUITY bt Gender Equality? Never! I say Neva !

Dont mistake Equity and Justice as regards to females' right in the western world to equality.
There r plethora of instances bt they cant be over emphasized.

* this jst a non - Misogynist's point of view*
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Oahray: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
phurlabby: Lol! In as much as I know it's a man's world, women really do enjoy benefits that men can only dream of.

We need to stop wasting time on this issue of gender equality but rather focus on gender equity. One of my favourite lecturers at Babcock University, Prof. Opeke explained in detail the difference and gave a quick test in class that day, while teaching she asked that our tables and chairs be moved back - immediately all the girls got up and left the job for the "men". There and then she pointed out that if it was money being shared now they will scream equality but when it came to hardwork it was left to the men. Same with other aspects of our society, women will only scream when they aren't getting the better deal ( I mean, at Tennis grandslams women play the best of three sets while men play the best of five all for equal pay).

Equality deals with treating everyone as the same, but even the staunchest of feminists will agree that men and women can never be the same, be it biologically or any other way so why bother?

Equity however deals with treating people equally with respect to their differences. Is it somewhat impractical? Probably, but it is a better option than banging on about equality when clearly we aren't. As Opeke would say "Equality is about buying the same action toys for ur male and female children but Equity means buying barbies and other female-oriented playthings for your daughter which cost the same as the action toys you get your son.
Seriously, I love this!
Sums everything up quite nicely. Would be a sin not to hit the like button.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Oahray: 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2013
@sholly, you made (unusually) reasonable points. I agree that the patriarchal 'privilege' is part of reason there are more than a few irresponsible men. Some men like to be called 'superior' to the female folk without anything meaningful to show for it. The point though highly exaggerated, is true.

Still, women have their gender-based privileges, which feminists turn a blind eye to, most notably is getting away with many things while hiding in the shadow of being naturally weaker. Other people have listed many of them already.

In the end, nature makes it so... The collective responsibility of the male-folk is the reason for this 'privilege' which they also share collectively. Despite anyone's stance on the issue, there still is a weaker sex... And feminism is still a bundle of confused contradictions.

P.S: No guy has begrudged me for a full year on NL. Any guy that does it would be quickly tagged 'sisi'. But you can, and have. It's a 'Shollypops privilege'.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir: Carujmonella: De Beauvoir, you are a liar, you lying feminist! Confused lot! Liar, lies you liar etc etc and so on and so forth.

De Beauvoir: show me where I told a lie.

Carujmonella: you lying hypocrite liar, you are telling lies! Liar, liar, liar.

De Beauvoir: I have heard you, now show me where I told lies.

Carujmonella: liar, liar, liar, liar hypocrite bla bla bla.

^This is the direction this conversation has taken.
You keep claiming I told so and so lies but you have not produced one single quote where I lied.
Please provide quotes where I said the things you attributed to me in your post, I am not interested in your repetitions of hackneyed accusations.

I'd be as dumb as your lies if you expect me to start re-quoting all your glaring HYPOCRISY so that you "whatever" them and "shift goal posts" as usual and never admit your lies. Hoping that you'll accept your glaring lies which I have bolded and quoted in previous pages, is like expecting you expecting a blind a woman whose eyes has been plucked out to grow new eyes and start seeing. When you accept your lies or make sense, I'll here to lecture you, untill, keep screaming equality that you'll NEVER achieve till this world ends wink
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

I'd be as dumb as your lies if you expect me to start re-quoting all your glaring HYPOCRISY so that you "whatever" them and "shift goal posts" as usual and never admit your lies. Hoping that you'll accept your glaring lies which I have bolded and quoted in previous pages, is like expecting you expecting a blind a woman whose eyes has been plucked out to grow new eyes and start seeing. When you accept your lies or make sense, I'll here to lecture you, untill, keep screaming equality that you'll NEVER achieve till this world ends wink

undecided So many words, so little value.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by tintingz(m): 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Oahray: @sholly, you made (unusually) reasonable points. I agree that the patriarchal 'privilege' is part of reason there are more than a few irresponsible men. Some men like to be called 'superior' to the female folk without anything meaningful to show for it. The point though highly exaggerated, is true.

Still, women have their gender-based privileges, which feminists turn a blind eye to, most notably is getting away with many things while hiding in the shadow of being naturally weaker. Other people have listed many of them already.

In the end, nature makes it so... The collective responsibility of the male-folk is the reason for this 'privilege' which they also share collectively. Despite anyone's stance on the issue, there still is a weaker sex... [size=30pt]And feminism is still a bundle of confused contradictions.[/size]

P.S: No guy has begrudged me for a full year on NL. Any guy that does it would be quickly tagged 'sisi'. But you can, and have. It's a 'Shollypops privilege'.
Lol @bold...true!!! cheesy
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ngokafor:

...good riddance..you've made zero sense..sorry.

Let's see where your infantile rants and delusions which sounds sensible to you and your deluded feminists, will get you then.

Don't stop here on the internet, get placards, recruit your deluded ilks that doesn't know the meaning of equality, that doesn't know the meaning of reality, that want to eat their cake and have it, that want equality to suit only their lopsided views, and protest in the streets all over the world and let's see where your rants will get you.

Look up the meaning of "equal" in the dictionary before you come here wasting your spittle laced epistles that will NEVER happen. Cry me an ocean, women having equal rights with men will only happen in the nightmares of deluded feminists!!

Not on this planet. Wake up dreamer cool
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
ileobatojo:

undecided So many words, so little value.

So many tears and wails.. NO sensible outcome

An advice, get your placards and even protest naked on the street, maybe your dreams will come true

MEN RULE OVER WOMEN, medidate on it, think about it, memorize it because even in your next dream, MEN will are still the TOP DOG

Cry some more tongue

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by trolling(m): 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
aint nothing new under the sun we've had women who tried to be equal to a man or usurp the role of a man, Eve,Atahaliah,Jezebel were examples in the Bible, but you guys do know what happened to them, feminist are Eve's daughter
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by lertee(f): 11:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
We need more of justice than equality. Equality pays less most times as it has its loopholes.

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
phurlabby: Lol! In as much as I know it's a man's world, women really do enjoy benefits that men can only dream of.

We need to stop wasting time on this issue of gender equality but rather focus on gender equity. One of my favourite lecturers at Babcock University, Prof. Opeke explained in detail the difference and gave a quick test in class that day, while teaching she asked that our tables and chairs be moved back - immediately all the girls got up and left the job for the "men". There and then she pointed out that if it was money being shared now they will scream equality but when it came to hardwork it was left to the men. Same with other aspects of our society, women will only scream when they aren't getting the better deal ( I mean, at Tennis grandslams women play the best of three sets while men play the best of five all for equal pay).

Equality deals with treating everyone as the same, but even the staunchest of feminists will agree that men and women can never be the same, be it biologically or any other way so why bother?

Equity however deals with treating people equally with respect to their differences. Is it somewhat impractical? Probably, but it is a better option than banging on about equality when clearly we aren't. As Opeke would say "Equality is about buying the same action toys for ur male and female children but Equity means buying barbies and other female-oriented playthings for your daughter which cost the same as the action toys you get your son.

Beautiful piece.. Well said especially the embolden. Thanks once again
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

So many tears and wails.. NO sensible outcome

An advice, get your placards and even protest naked on the street, maybe your dreams will come true

MEN RULE OVER WOMEN, medidate on it, think about it, memorize it because even in your next dream, MEN will are still the TOP DOG

Cry some more tongue

Like I said, I'm hoping to actually learn something from you by the time this thread is over. As of right now, all I have gleaned from you is that you're able to construct compound-complex sentences...

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

Beautiful piece.. Well said especially the embolden. Thanks once again
Define gender equality. Give me a link to where you got your definition from.

I doubt y'all know the meaning of gender equality undecided
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
quivah: I thought name calling/loosed mouth is a girl thing..caruj just proved me wrong..
!

I thought the slogan of women "being shallow brained" was false, your bias inconsequential lies just proved me wrong

You didn't see @de beauvoir address me with an uncivilized tone FIRST?. Even when we're having a civilized debate devoid of uncivilized words?. Clap for yourself, detective quivah.

Of course you won't see it, you're among the feminist who see wrongs in truth and truth in lies and chose correct the wrong of a man than that of a woman who "attacked" first.

Jog on...

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Klinee: 11:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
@Op has no point at all. One is that gender is naturally not equal then how can we make it equal? Are we God? Why is it that its the females that mostly say that its men's world? But I never see males saying such. The world is for all us(male and female). The females previledge beat that of males previledge by 80% : 20%. But the problem is that the males ignore most of the unfavourble act or condition toward them that is why is not recognised. Gender is not naturally equal but its naturally balance! Why do u feminst want to deny male their little natural favour and still enjoy your own female natural favour-that is cheating now!

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
Wu Zetian:
Define gender equality. Give me a link to where you got your definition from.

I doubt y'all know the meaning of gender equality undecided

I doubt you know the meaning of "equal". If you want equality, like I told @de beauvoir, it will BE IN ALL ASPECT. All these "strength" shouldn't be used as a criteria is crap. Ladies don't just choose the sides that favours them and discard the rest

Just like she used the "childbearing" notion forgetting women need our sperms.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by tintingz(m): 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
In my department at work there is this heavy cabinet that we want to move out from the office, do you know what the women said "we have men in the room let them carry it" as in why that statement undecided if women are fighting for gender equality with men why pushing the physical work that need strength for the men to do? Like someone said if it was money they wanted to share now women we start screaming "equal share" as in feminist are bunch of confused group. I still stand on EQUITY each gender should play its role.

Have never heard of men fighting gender equality with women it is only the hypocritos feminist that are fighting gender equality confusing other females, very soon they(mumu feminist) will want to fight having their own dicck since men don't need to squirt before peeing. cheesy

As a muslim men and women are equal in soul/spirit but in human/flesh equity is what stands.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

I doubt you know the meaning of "equal". If you want equality, like I told @de beauvoir, it will BE IN ALL ASPECT. All these "strength" shouldn't be used as a criteria is crap. Ladies don't just choose the sides that favours them and discard the rest

Just like she used the "childbearing" notion forgetting women need our sperms.
What are you going on about??

Do you have a problem making sense?? I asked you question, answer it and stop telling me what you told someone else??

If you want to get into an argument with me about gender equality, we both have to agree on the meaning of gender equality.

Tell me what gender equality is. Go and read, then come back here and talk like someone that actually has something to offer.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
From merriam-webster dictionary

Equal
1equal adjective \ˈē-kwəl\
: the same in number, amount, degree, rank, or quality
: having the same mathematical value
: not changing : the same for each person

@the bolded, men and women are not the "SAME" for each person. They have breastss, we don't have it. We have dycks, females don't have it. So how are we equal?. Equality means the same, I ask, do we have the EQUAL strengths with women?. Smh

From www.thefreedictionary.com

e·qual Pronunciation ( kw l)
adj.
1. Having the same quantity, measure, or value as
another.
2. Mathematics Being the same or identical to in value.
a. Having the same privileges, status, or rights:
equal before the law.
b. Being the same for all members of a group:
gave every player an equal chance to win.
a. Having the requisite qualities, such as strength
or ability, for a task or situation
: "Elizabeth found
herself quite equal to the scene" (Jane Austen).
b. Adequate in extent, amount, or degree.
5. Impartial; just; equitable.
6. Tranquil; equable.
7. Showing or having no variance in proportion,
structure, or appearance.

@de beauvoir, I thought "strength" is not a "determinant" factor in discussing "equality"?. How come the dictionary proves your assertion wrong?. Is it from my mouth?. Smh.

4 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by tintingz(m): 11:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
GENDER EQUALITY FOOTBALL MATCH

Super Eagles VS Super Falcons

Let see who wins...! cheesy grin

No need to predict we already know the winner grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
*double post*
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella: From merriam-webster dictionary

You are not very smart, are you? *sigh*

I didn't ask you the meaning of equality, I asked you for gender equality. Even if were were looking @ equality,...As a noun, equality refers to equal opportunity, equal treatments, egalitarianism. I hope we can both agree that a word can have different meanings.

The misconception you and a few others have ignorantly paraded on here is that women are trying to be like men? That is not the case.

Here is a link,
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/equality

Below is the generally accepted definition of gender equality.
Gender equality:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_equality
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Oahray: 12:02am On Oct 13, 2013
Wu Zetian:
You must have me mistaken.

I haven't said anything like that. In fact I've tried to focus on issues that does not really address what the thread is about until now undecided

And who is the guy?? Just gibberish as usual. Take your stup1d self out of this thread, you can't possibly comprehend anything on here anyway undecided
Oh my bad, attributing it to you. To think I was reading between the feminist lines. I forgot you simply copied and pasted.

Read the "advantages" part again. The major idea is that a man in such a society can do certain things without being answerable (very much unlike his female contemporaries). How does that not scream irresponsibility? Or do I have to post all the definitions of 'responsibility' first?

You are always in a hurry to get antagonistic, not that I care.

Anyway, chillax, I'd leave the thread when I wish to. It's a man's world, site and thread. The female op doesn't matter much.

3 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2013
I wonder why they would read a definition that automatically debunks each bullshit point they have been trying to make. Why try to take away their opportunity to parade their stupidity?
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2013
Wu Zetian:
What are you going on about??

Do you have a problem making sense?? I asked you question, answer it and stop telling me what you told someone else??

If you want to get into an argument with me about gender equality, we both have to agree on the meaning of gender equality.

Tell me what gender equality is. Go and read, then come back here and talk like someone that actually has something to offer.

@the bolded, As if your senseless "offers" will change the reality

Gender equality, also known as sex equality or sexual equality or equality of the genders, implies that men and women should receive equal treatment, unless there is a sound biological reason for different treatment

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_equality

@the bolded, that's the delusions feminists keep having. If we're to go by the opinion, then women and men ought to be subjected to the same and equal treatment. No more, no less. I gave example that girls had a rule in my second. School that forbids a teacher flogging them more than 6 strokes of the cane for ANY punishment, but guys are flogged up to 16 strokes and more. Guys dig STUMPS for breaking some school laws, but the ladies don't get punishment CLOSE to that. Guys are flogged on both hands and azzes, women are flogged only on their hands.

Now does the above scenario paint a picture of "EQUAL TREATMENT" that feminists are harping on about?.

Gender equality never existed and will never exist. All these "laws" are just a facade that keeps women deluding themselves. Face reality, THERE'S NO GENDER EQUALITY in reality, it begins anbd only end in written epistles

My last post about these issue. I'm done

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 13, 2013
Wu Zetian:

You are not very smart, are you? *sigh*

I didn't ask you the meaning of equality, I asked you for gender equality. Even if were were looking @ equality,...As a noun, equality refers to equal opportunity, equal treatments, egalitarianism. I hope we can both agree that a word can have different meanings.

The misconception you and a few others have ignorantly paraded on here is that women are trying to be like men? That is not the case.

Here is a link,
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/equality

Below is the generally accepted definition of gender equality.
Gender equality:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_equality

I hate to break my promise but let do it to correct your false accusation. You're not too smart either because I what I quoted is the meaning of "equal" not "gender equality". Read slowly and thoroughly. Gender equality exists on the internet, in REALITY, IT DOESN'T.

I won't reply you again on this as I've made myself clear many times. I'll only reply to correct a false notion about me or to insults

Have a nice day/night

3 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 13, 2013
carujmonella:

@the bolded, that's the delusions feminists keep having. If we're to go by the opinion, then women and men ought to be subjected to the same and equal treatment. No more, no less. I gave example that girls had a rule in my second. School that forbids a teacher flogging them more than 6 strokes of the cane for ANY punishment, but guys are flogged up to 16 strokes and more. Guys dig STUMPS for breaking some school laws, but the ladies don't get punishment CLOSE to that. Guys are flogged on both hands and azzes, women are flogged only on their hands.

Now does the above scenario paint a picture of "EQUAL TREATMENT" that feminists are harping on about?.

Gender equality never existed and will never exist. All these "laws" are just a facade that keeps women deluding themselves. Face reality, THERE'S NO GENDER EQUALITY in reality, it begins anbd only end in written epistles

My last post about these issue. I'm done

Wow! shocked shocked Is this supposed to be an intelligent contribution?

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 13, 2013
Oahray: Oh my bad, attributing it to you. To think I was reading between the feminist lines. I forgot you simply copied and pasted.

Read the "advantages" part again. The major idea is that a man in such a society can do certain things without being answerable (very much unlike his female contemporaries). How does that not scream irresponsibility? Or do I have to post all the definitions of 'responsibility' first?

You are always in a hurry to get antagonistic, not that I care.

Anyway, chillax, I'd leave the thread when I wish to. It's a man's world, site and thread. The female op doesn't matter much.

cool grin
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by iropelebe(m): 12:12am On Oct 13, 2013
Jesus,some man got time to argue with ladies damn.
@carujmonella,do you want these ladies crying all day and night?
Just let them be with their delusions..
Arrrrgggghhh
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 13, 2013
ileobatojo:

Wow! shocked shocked Is this supposed to be an intelligent contribution?

No, to deluded feminists, yes to sane reality-facing individuals

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Do You Think Abuja Based Ladies Are All Runsgirls? / How I Fired Her Yesterday / Three Things You Can NEVER Do For Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.