Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? (56416 Views)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by joyidarauko: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
I can not cook for any man that is not my husband , so even if my finace no cooking but more love and caring and no sex , till marriage, cooking for u means wasting my time cause if u change your mind by not dating me again I will be struggling for nothing , and I will use my precious time and cook for you , na na na not in my book check the next niegbour

No vacancy

3 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Laurence1: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
2legit2qwt: No right or wrong answer, it depends on what you want out of the relationship, the stage where you're at and whether or not you're living together.

I won't live with a gf until we're married so that means she won't need to cook for me consistently. However, it's ok if she cooks for me once in a while and at her own will, not an obligation and friends do that for me anyways tongue

My answer, don't do it if you don't have to.

I don't get relationships these days, people wanna enjoy the benefits of being married without actually taking the oath.

cook for him, wash his clothes, s@x him, spend all your time at his crib like you have no life, do you still wonder why he doesn't respect you or think to put the ring on it?

shattap angrymust u comment angryangry

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
I think the issue here is balance.
For some reason, most people feel they must be at the extreme ends of every argument. i.e. subservient toilet-washing slave GF vs extreme, uncaring (feminine care that is), no-food-for-you GF.

I pity the children nowadays who are still trying to force this "I will never cook for my bf" foolishness into society against the whims of logic. My dear, you think I go put ring for your finger because you can wear make up and do yanga abi? No o.

It is because I see something I will like to make PERMANENTLY mine. Make up and yanga is something I can find anywhere. If I don't like you because you cooked for me, it is because I never liked you before PERIOD!

No one is saying you should be his slave, but dammit woman, call your man up sometime and prep him a nice bowl of awesome, delicious things and visit him with it. Yes don't do it everyday, you have your own life too. Time goes fast nowadays so once or twice every couple months would be nice. Like I don't even understand why lazy children these days feel the need to be arguing over this very basic thing.

The whole "girls are selfish" thing resounds ever so much in this generation. If you are "not his wife" as you say, do you also receive gifts from him? So how do you think of giving back? Sure you can buy gifts back for him, but what is more valuable and more appreciated from a female to a male is feminine care? What speaks more to him? Buying him another phone he already has 5 of? or flashing that side of you, the womanly side, that can make a man really think about his future with you.

Make una dey there sha...Na una know. Check back with your marital status 3 years from now if y'all still want to be arguing this nonsense. It all depends what you want from your relationship. If you envision something greater with your current bobo, don't dull yourself. You will have only yourself to blame.

6 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
Donalð Genes:

Not exactly, it's for licking the soup, Do you like the soup?

Yes embarassed tongue
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
Yield:
Because you have visitors, you use a spoon? Anyway, issoraii.

Na forming things nah, mtcheeew! am not even inviting all of you aqain, make i eat abeg
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by obillyj(f): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Smart move? Na supersonic relationship? So ur guy don turn Nintendo? Girlie, u give less o u give more o, same same! Na love dey hold man.

I disagree with ur last statement o. love no dey hold man. Afterall most couples that divorced will say they still love each other. you often hear, " I still love you but we can't live together," "i love you but i can't stand ur nagging" etc
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
adaobi123:

Yes embarassed tongue

You for talk am since na, when you enter Ph, let know, Imma host you with my Brother and sister,
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Laurence1: 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
zeb04: . Guys just like to play mind games. Oh baby you r doing your laundry,can u just add mine, so I smell fresh for you. ..oh babe u goin out can u hep go to d filling station and get fuel,so we wld watch ur disney movies. Y present it dis way? Cz y'all knw wat you r doin

if another gurl cooks fr us. ..una wee complain. .oya cook nw. .u wee reply im I his help...ds one is here talkin bou mind games. ..ogun agbera angry
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
joyidarauko: I can not cook for any man that is not my husband , so even if my finace no cooking but more love and caring and no sex , till marriage, cooking for u means wasting my time cause if u change your mind by not dating me again I will be struggling for nothing , and I will use my precious time and cook for you , na na na not in my book check the next niegbour

No vacancy

You dey type that abi, you think say NL guys go toastify you?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by iamdsam: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
simply_me: and this is someone who sees your unclothedness and sleeps with you on a daily basis.
So what's moral about cooking for him? Nonsense.
If he don see everything, then moral nor dey for any cooking again o!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Culture plays a major role. Might never marry a yoruba man even if am yoruba. The guys just expect u to cook and clean when they haven't even proposed! As if its their birthrite! And yes am bitter cus I have had terrible experiences! That's just eye service to me! That doesn't mean they would marry u. Someone else might be cooking and cleaning better than u! I have cooked, cleaned and scrubbed and I will never do that again! The worst is if the young man is still living wiv his parents! Lord have mercy. You will be expected to cook for everybody including his parents, etc! jus to show u are a well brought up girl even when he hasn't proposed to you! But because the boys family is already calling you iyawo, u go just form mugu! Call me missing rib now, I no send u!! At the end of the day, if he brings another girl home and she cooks, this same family will eat her food and call her iyawo! I think women should never spend a night in a bf's house. So he doesn't see u finish! If u are not readily available, u wouldn't be mandated to cook often! I don't mean to bring tribe! Just that my best friends are igbo dating igbo men! When we discuss and I tell them what I used to do, it sounded so awkward to them! And they used to warn me! But I was of the opinion that maybe igbo men do not see it as so important. Its not like they don't cook but their bfs never made it a habit! Meanwhile "me" chaiiiiiiii, I can't even say it!

4 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Kadata(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
joyidarauko: I can not cook for any man that is not my husband , so even if my finace no cooking but more love and caring and no sex , till marriage, cooking for u means wasting my time cause if u change your mind by not dating me again I will be struggling for nothing , and I will use my precious time and cook for you , na na na not in my book check the next niegbour

No vacancy

What is this one yapping? You think you're doing him a favour by cooking for him? Abi you think cooking is rocket science? Go siddon for ground jare. Maybe cooking skills is all you have to offer, that's why you're here spilling shait!

@ Topic: It's lovely to have people share those rare moments of sacrifice and satisfaction. I don't see making food in the kitchen as a big deal for your man.

Some of us guys have been making our food for donkey years that the thought of allowing someone else (who is not direct family), sounds bizzare. But because love must be shown and received, we give a chance.

This is for those fellows that think cooking for a guy is a huge favour. Some of us cook pass una sef angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Johnsonpac(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
GentleMimi: ......also putting religion into consideration,someone brought up that argument that His church does not condone intimate courtship.He says that his church does not allow sex,cuddling,kissing,unsupervised visitation(this one cracked me up!),a girl cooking for a guy etc.
She's on her own o if she doesn't do any of these.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by PreciousBro: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
I'm not one to boast of what a girl should and shouldn't do, I'm also not one that would expect my girl to always cook for me like its a right to ....Nah

But I feel sorry for the girls that say they can't just because they aren't married to him yet,....

Why ?.... Its not like cooking is the only criterion to prove your self a wife material, but its something to always do to show your worthiness of a wifey material, it can be just one thing but its one big thing to a man, especially when you do it by default knowing you'd eat and food has to be prepared whether in your house or his.

If you keep giving excuses as " we aren't married" , how will he see you marriage material if you don't prove to him you got the capabilities to be one ?

Don't do it because you wanna impress me ...nah, I'd know and believe it,guys always know who's true and who aint...

Ball can also be inYa Court,so decide it..Ladies!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by GentleMimi: 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
BodyKiss: Can't believe people are really answering this st.up.id question.
This same ''stupi*d'' question has broken some relationships,so if u have no contribution kindly walk away,tienks!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Donalð Genes:

Na forming things nah, mtcheeew! am not even inviting all of you aqain, make i eat abeg
Forming? U for use straw na undecided

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Sam32(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
#fact- the fastest way to a man's heart is through his belly!

All dose gurls wu dnt want to cook r probably nt confident abt deir cooking skills.
Sharp badt babes add spices; onions, curry, jazz...cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by emma4eva(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Enigma17: Now I can see why they say a wife is hard to find...You cannot cook for your b.f but you can ask him for financial assistance when needed..you want him to love you and take you to mama...Now I see why our churches are always filled with sprinters searching for husband... I salute our mothers they were the real women...Not these blackberries babes of today.
bless u bro

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tmany(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nairaland gals and comedygrin
All this gals saying they can't cook for their bf are just lazy bones.
While I was in school if a female friend visit they cook most time cause it cost them nothing.
Not to come talk of gf, it's not the responsibility of gf to cook but what will you cost you to cook for your bf.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by 50calibre(m): 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2013

No vacancy

Lols I hope this is just a jest, else go and mark this in your diary, you will be single for a very long time, I hope you are prepared?

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by DJDOLA(m): 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Guy, u just dey fire the bullet, pity us wey no carry Gbagaunproof enter thread na! Hian!
na only u dey here abi..u better face ur front before
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Forming? U for use straw na undecided

I dey crasE
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by iamdsam: 10:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
alutacontinua: I am not a fan of it!
I can only do it once in a blue-moon, by dt I min lyk once in a year!
I am not his wife, he needs to understand that! If he wants to know how good my culinary skills are, i'll gladly entertain him if he comes to my house!

Dt's all!
Preferable.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Les: 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lemme comment.... There is this thread about how to please a woman, about 50 ways of how to treat a woman , the whole, I repeat whole ladies agreed to it. Now one way to please a man, most are barking no, they won't. Who says 99% of women are not very selfish and biased by nature. God punish any day my gf will refuse cooking for me.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by 7sperovs(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Uhm!! una sef. Well me no be saint. I have been dating my babe for almost five years and she would rather cook for me than let me eat outside. who am I to say its wrong or right. Religiously from where i come from its not right even doing it (if u know what i mean).
I read people say the guy looses respect for the girl, me no fit disrepect her for that, infact i no think say ANY other women sef fit appease me reach this babe. Love her craze. today, tomorrow and next.. That is not to say if she mess up me no go clear her doubt fast fast or if she wan go tomorrow na only me e go pain. Na she go loose me...But so far.. am loving my bunny everyday...Five years still counting.
No ask me why i never marry oh!! na story for another day...

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by free2ryhme: 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Idowuogbo: Bleep or no bleep, cater to your man.

It's 2013 for fevk sake! Kini big deal?!

condemned part,condemned tire...condemned tube..
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
sandijey: Culture plays a major role. Might never marry a yoruba man even if am yoruba. The guys just expect u to cook and clean when they haven't even proposed! As if its their birthrite! And yes am bitter cus I have had terrible experiences! That's just eye service to me! That doesn't mean they would marry u. Someone else might be cooking and cleaning better than u! I have cooked, cleaned and scrubbed and I will never do that again! The worst is if the young man is still living wiv his parents! Lord have mercy. You will be expected to cook for everybody including his parents, etc! jus to show u are a well brought up girl even when he hasn't proposed to you! But because the boys family is already calling you iyawo, u go just form mugu! Call me missing rib now, I no send u!! At the end of the day, if he brings another girl home and she cooks, this same family will eat her food and call her iyawo! I think women should never spend a night in a bf's house. So he doesn't see u finish! If u are not readily available, u wouldn't be mandated to cook often! I don't mean to bring tribe! Just that my best friends are igbo dating igbo men! When we discuss and I tell them what I used to do, it sounded so awkward to them! And they used to warn me! But I was of the opinion that maybe igbo men do not see it as so important. Its not like they don't cook but their bfs never made it a habit! Meanwhile "me" chaiiiiiiii, I can't even say it!

Yes you over did it in that instance.
Just be careful not to now go to the other extreme end of the stick i.e. "I will never ever cook for my bf again, etc" because then you will be setting yourself up for even further bitterness.

Also, the mistake you made is that you were expecting or trying to buy marriage because of what you were doing. This is wrong. If you are giving something, give it because you want to and because it is who you are. Not because you expect to gain something from giving it. This is eye service.

After I date a girl and it doesn't work out, I wouldn't go back revisiting "all the things I did for her" etc because then that reveals to myself that I was not being genuine. I was only doing it because I was trying to "buy" something from her, which should never be the case.

Give because it is who you are. Carry this forward to your next relationship and you will maintain the emotional balance needed to not fawk it up over unnecessary tight-fistedness. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Xtaceeey: 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Donalð Genes: You quys can come and join me_this is my evening food, thought i should invite una small, It's Akwa Ibom local soup

4u 2invite us 2a food u posted around 9 :46pm nd d pix is so clear lyk its daylight... Dey must be total eclipse of the sun in ur akwa ibom oga!!.. *eye service*

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by PreciousBro: 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
undecided
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
Xtaceeey:

4u 2invite us 2a food u posted around 9 :46pm nd d pix is so clear lyk its daylight... Dey must be total eclipse of the sun in ur akwa ibom oga!!.. *eye service*

WTH is this? undecided
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Mujah1deen: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
YOU don't cook ,another girl will be happy and glad to take your place and cook for him. Anyway I'm against dating,courtship etc .a girl has nothing to in a male house if she's not his wife or relative .period
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
2buff:

WTH is this? undecided
Na Comment na! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k / 14-year-old Rescued From Lover, Flees Home Again (Pictured) / I'm In Love With Him But He Friendzoned Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.