Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? (56573 Views)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by WAM1(f): 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
In my opinion cooking for ones boyfriend shouldn't be an issue if everyone acted and thought the way they are supposed to. Familiarity does breed contempt!

I personally enjoy cooking and hosting people. While in school I cooked for my guy and girlfriends on a weekly basis ( cleaning and cooking was my own way of distressing ) so cooking for my boo wouldn't bother me. In fact it would take a conscious effort for me to try not to cook ( which in my opinion would be a purposeful act of meanness )

I don't see it as a moral issue as I see sex. I do the cooking thing but knowing what I know today I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it. Let me also add I don't expect a monthly allowance from my boo but if I did, it would only be reasonable to be a blessing as well and be useful.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by eagleeye2: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
I thought this topic has been over debated.
By His Grace I will be settling down soon with my Angel.
In all my years of playing the field I have never dated a girl that does not cook for me.
My gal at UNILAG will come from Amina hall to El kanemi just to cook for me. (You all think UNILAG babes don't do it...)
after uni, my girl leaves her parents house sometimes to mum's house (especially when mum is not around) just to cook
when I began staying alone, no girl am dating ever forms that rubish of "I cannot cook for you, cos we are not married"...even the gbo gbo big gals wey their papa hold cash
so, my question is "WHERE DO NL GIRLS COMES FROM?"
ARE THEY NOT THESE SAME GIRLS WE SEE EVERYDAY, LOOKING FOR MADE MEN & ELIGIBLE BACHELORS?
WHAT ON EARTH WILL MAKE ME DISRESPECT MY WOMAN BECAUSE SHE COOKS FOR ME?
I guess I must be lucky to have dated girls who will not wait to be asked before they go to the market to get stuffs they will cook for moi!
#Amoutahere
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by freecocoa(f): 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
I like to cook my own meal so if I'm there and there's any cooking to be done, I'll do it. He can make tea and fry eggs.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Britzdon(m): 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
sandijey:

Given has been my greatest problem! I would sacrifice to make everyone around me happy. Am d last person to buy anybody over! But in a typical african home, u have to buy the family over.it takes me time to get used to people, my ex family said I was proud when in actual fact I was shy!, I had to adjust drastically! Had to go out of my way to play and strike conversations. Is that me buying them over or sacrificing for love? When u meet the family of ur spouse, deception, is the other of the day! U have to be in their good books. As a woman, u have to buy your husbands. Family over and that's d truth whether you're being real or faking it!

Back to the topic, cooking for a guy is also part of the deception. How many women really love cooking? Don't we buy guys over by cooking?everything is a risk. I am talking based on experience. Cooking for a man would not make him marry you!

you killed the beat babe...I like your comment

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ICHIEMAN: 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
ireneidiva: No energy to even cook for myself talkless of a guy. Mtchew
See ur BIG mouth....Don't bother yourself, d cooking stuff is only for beautiful babes ok..I dnt tink u wil b disturbed.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Iaz93: 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Roda94:

I wouldn't visit him alone-ever so most likely maybe if we go out to places I'll just drop it with him or on my way home I'd drop it at his house. Staying and eating together at home alone is a definite no-no for me smiley cool
shockedshocked Very serious! HAH!

Which Church do you attend?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by spark4daz(f): 11:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
Well! well!! well!!! I cant go to his house to cook. The best i can manage to do is to cook in ma house and send him some (dats if he is too busy to come around).
The thing about guys is that too much of evritin don't please them. Once in a while meal, i mean real gud food(nri akworo aka sii), wil nt only let him know that u care but also that u r nt his maid or wife.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Iaz93: 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
WAM?:
In my opinion cooking for ones boyfriend shouldn't be an issue if everyone acted and thought the way they are supposed to. Familiarity does breed contempt!

I personally enjoy cooking and hosting people. While in school I cooked for my guy and girlfriends on a weekly basis ( cleaning and cooking was my own way of distressing ) so cooking for my boo wouldn't bother me. In fact it would take a conscious effort for me to try not to cook ( which in my opinion would be a purposeful act of meanness )

I don't see it as a moral issue as I see sex. I do the cooking thing but knowing what I know today I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it. Let me also add I don't expect a monthly allowance from my boo but if I did, it would only be reasonable to be a blessing as well and be useful.
Just what I need in my life! coolcool

Are you Nigerian? I don't think so undecided
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by lertee(f): 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
Here,i would say it depends on the kind boyfriend. If he is just a "boyfriend" then cooking for him is a No No,he has to do it himself but when the relationship is such that you heading towards marriage,then cooking for him is compulsory. If he chooses to help you in the kitchen ( which most husbands to be do),it is fine and if he doesn't,it is not his duty to. I love cooking and i will cook for my man any day whether i visit him or he visits me.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Britzdon(m): 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
eagle,eye:

I guess I must be lucky to have dated girls who will not wait to be asked before they go to the market to get stuffs they will cook for moi!
#Amoutahere
I was thinking whether or not to get a wifey here...na hunger go murder me if i try am
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by durotoyeis: 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
well i think we can fix this outside of nairaland
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Britzdon(m): 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
eagle,eye:

#Amoutahere

same here oO....I dont see anything bad there....it shows a kinda respect and regard for ur bf.doesn't mean the guy cant do it
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ICHIEMAN: 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
sandijey:

Given has been my greatest problem! I would sacrifice to make everyone around me happy. Am d last person to buy anybody over! But in a typical african home, u have to buy the family over.it takes me time to get used to people, my ex family said I was proud when in actual fact I was shy!, I had to adjust drastically! Had to go out of my way to play and strike conversations. Is that me buying them over or sacrificing for love? When u meet the family of ur spouse, deception, is the other of the day! U have to be in their good books. As a woman, u have to buy your husbands. Family over and that's d truth whether you're being real or faking it!

Back to the topic, cooking for a guy is also part of the deception. How many women really love cooking? Don't we buy guys over by cooking?everything is a risk. I am talking based on experience. Cooking for a man would not make him marry you!
U guys are making it more a complicated matter. Ofcourse cooking can't find u a man to marry...cooking its nt love. But the question is...Can it be justified morally? Which I wil without any qualms, say YES.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Roda94(f): 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Iaz93: shockedshocked Very serious! HAH!

Which Church do you attend?

Loool it's a RCCG one but some others don't/won't agree with my point of view so I guess it's down to the individual. As for me sha, I'm all for 100% courtship God's way wink smiley cool

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by duncan511: 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Cookin is not d prob, if u think dat is bad to cook for he better stop visitin He and if u think dat it will lead to sex better for u to call some body dat u trust to accomplish u to his House. In case u get there re dere is no Food u can cook Food for He, in dat. Process if d guy wan to hav d feelin of sex becau of d person dat accomplish u He will not be able to do dat thereby u cooking do food, dere is not wrong cooking for ur guy.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Britzdon(m): 11:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
ireneidiva: No energy to even cook for myself talkless of a guy. Mtchew
your hubby don get problem grin grin grin
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by SELFWORTH: 11:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Roda94:

Loool it's a RCCG one but some others don't/won't agree with my point of view so I guess it's down to the individual. As for me sha, I'm all for 100% courtship God's way wink smiley cool

Please keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by cupid4ig(m): 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
joyidarauko: I can not cook for any man that is not my husband , so even if my finace no cooking but more love and caring and no sex , till marriage, cooking for u means wasting my time cause if u change your mind by not dating me again I will be struggling for nothing , and I will use my precious time and cook for you , na na na not in my book check the next niegbour

No vacancy
I pity u
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by obalolaunited(m): 11:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
no be nairaland babes mtewwww na them dey form virgin.s na them dey form hard to get na them no dey cook for their boyfriend but the truth is all this ends on nairaland they are all hypocrites including your moderators
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by adanny01(m): 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
99% of girls that will not cook for their guy would rather you take them to eat out. 100% of those kind of girls became my ex soon after they told me they never cook for guys.

The fact that they didnt want to cook for me is not the reason i dumped them but that they prefer i spend more money on over rated junk than a properly cooked fresh home made meal. The actual act of cooking is not what i want, but the desire for a girl to see me eat good food, not junk, to cut waste and act as if she were already a responsible house wife that will never allow her husband eat junk.

As fat as i am, any girl that wants to see me eat junk is my enemy! I do away with all my enemies.

An ex once asked me to postpone my plans of buying a car cos she asked me for 100k which i told her of my plans besides the fact that my rent was expiring in 3 months. i immediately got hostile with her for such an advise. i could clearly see through her, all she wanted was the money she asked with no regards to my progress.

If a girl gets dumped, its just because she was being used right from day 1 not because she cooked. The frequency never matters.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Iaz93: 11:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
Roda94:

That's good! Heaven is the goal winkcheesy

Konji go kill your boyfriend sha

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Zakamori: 11:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
Roda94:

I wouldn't visit him alone-ever so most likely maybe if we go out to places I'll just drop it with him or on my way home I'd drop it at his house. Staying and eating together at home alone is a definite no-no for me smiley cool
na who you dey deceive
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by buoye1(m): 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
She dey eat 4 ma house n na me go cook am....so if am tired she no fit cook make we eat?.......Abeeeegy
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Champella(m): 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
2 me, i dnt c anytin wrong in ma Gal cooking 4 me. Her culinary skills will endear her 2 me.

Cooking is 1 of d surest ways of capturing a Guy's heart. If u feel 2 proud 2 cook 4 him, anoda Gal will definitely cook 4 him. N d oda Gal will take ur place.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ocheejemb: 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
I would cook for my girlfriend, any silly girl that says she cant cook for me can take a walk,
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by grrit: 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
TBH, I don't see how cooking for my man would make him loose respect for me except he's inhumane cheesy.. I have my moods to cook and when I do hmmmmm that look on his face while he devours my meal gives me some kinda satisfaction that only God knows.. Ah min if I don't take care of my man, who will? I'm an occassional cook, lemme put that way..
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Danhumprey: 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Yield: undecided
Tryna book space or what? Common! Drop a comment! tongue
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Gracious10: 11:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
sandijey: Culture plays a major role. Might never marry a yoruba man even if am yoruba. The guys just expect u to cook and clean when they haven't even proposed! As if its their birthrite! And yes am bitter cus I have had terrible experiences! That's just eye service to me! That doesn't mean they would marry u. Someone else might be cooking and cleaning better than u! I have cooked, cleaned and scrubbed and I will never do that again! The worst is if the young man is still living wiv his parents! Lord have mercy. You will be expected to cook for everybody including his parents, etc! jus to show u are a well brought up girl even when he hasn't proposed to you! But because the boys family is already calling you iyawo, u go just form mugu! Call me missing rib now, I no send u!! At the end of the day, if he brings another girl home and she cooks, this same family will eat her food and call her iyawo! I think women should never spend a night in a bf's house. So he doesn't see u finish! If u are not readily available, u wouldn't be mandated to cook often! I don't mean to bring tribe! Just that my best friends are igbo dating igbo men! When we discuss and I tell them what I used to do, it sounded so awkward to them! And they used to warn me! But I was of the opinion that maybe igbo men do not see it as so important. Its not like they don't cook but their bfs never made it a habit! Meanwhile "me" chaiiiiiiii, I can't even say it!

I concur, same thing happened to me to a point that if I dont do chores, I will be interrogated as to why I didn't do those things. So I decided to stop doing them and called the whole thing off. Truth is that there's no limit to how bad people can treat you but you can always set a limit to how much nonsense you can take. Do what u can do and what u can't, seek wisdom on how to handle it.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
Danhumprey: Tryna book space or what? Common! Drop a comment! tongue
Just watching from the sidelines, Dan. smiley
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by shejane: 11:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
As 4 me mysef nd I, I derive joy in cooking 4 my man
Evry weekend I MUST cook lyk 3 diff soup nd stew 4 him, use small plates nd share dem, put dem in freezer 4 him

Aft work each day, all he gt 2 do is bring out 1plate of soup warm it nd do eba nd eat or boil rice nd eat it wt d stew

Nd as he's eating dat food, he's thinking of me, hw do I kw dat cos as he's eating we are chating on phone

Evrytin in life depend on individual nd undstanding

Men love gud food nd is our responsibility 2 giv dem dat gud food

Belv it or nt, we gt 2 stop forming, it pays no one

3 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
To the above poster, u knw the way. Thumbs up.

A girl won't cook for me? Big mistake!
I won't force u, especially if u serve other "purpose".
Bt when it is time for marriage-purpose (which also entails cooking-purpose), I will discard you.
All hard-working guys who knows good food wld agree.
While u ar busy working, someone shld take care of the cooking.
If a girl doesn't knw hw to prepare a good meal, Not my type. But I can manage u for the time being. Perhaps, to wet my dck which I can always get elsewhere.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by RealTreas(f): 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
I see nothing wrong with a girl cooking for her boyfriend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

"Jesus Was Bisexual" - Yemisi Ilesanmi Attends London Gay Pride (Photos) / Having Feelings For My Ex Despite Being Married / Kingreign Gets Married Today!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.