Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,773 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Humility: The Lost Female Art - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Humility: The Lost Female Art (22643 Views)

10 Ways To Practice Humility And Get Result. / Please Define "Humility", Somebody! / Is This True Of Men? Poor Self Esteem =Humility And Confidence = Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
bukatyne: You assume only women need correcting. You did not quote the verses I asked you to earlier. Everything has principles and if you do not follow it or if everyone does not play their part, it would fail no matter how others try to make it work.

I guess finding someone to marry is not as hard as courting right and sustaininbg the home.

I believe one of the issues is that women are no longer interested in settling for anything that has a d!ck. Are some women missing it? Yes;

If you want to see more ladies engaged and married, teach both men and women what they need to know. Over trained women around wild men is worse than untrained women around wild men.

Like I would say, there is a man for every woman out there.

No body is perfect and everybody is a project.

Whatever rocks your boat anyways.

Have a merry Christmas

I like the emboldened phrase. You have unfortunately gotten so hung up on the "tell men too" part that you are spoiling it for the others who actually need to get this stuff right.

I also understand that the emotions and responses triggered by my write up will depend on the geographical location of those that read it.
I am not in Naija. I am sure the situation in naija is a lot different than the situation here in North America. (In fact I'm sure most of the issues in naija are caused by my fellow guys based on some of the stories I hear)

Due to the loss of certain values, combined by a toxic media, A LOT of sisters here have really missed their way in knowing how to more naturally relate with their male counterparts. They end up frustrated wondering why, at the end of it all, none of them picked her. As the pain metamorphoses into a terrible bitterness that further keeps the men away....or desperation.

Pertaining to the bolded, in this part of the world it's actually the opposite. Men are constantly lectured on how to treat women, but then there is absolutely no education on the female side on how to effectively/respectfully relate with men. Attempts to do so often put you on the wrong side of society i.e "Stop trying to change who she is, She is not your object, etc". The result is lopsided and often leads to broken relationships... and wasted time.

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mondisweets:
spoken like a man who would want his woman to have these attributes just to walk over her when he feels like it. Not everything is equal between the partners i agree(she cooks, he fixes the broken appliances), but when it comes to humility i doubt a man should be any less humble. Its has absolutely nothing to do with feminism.

...and you have just decided to go off on a whole 'nother tangent that I have no interest in engaging in.

Why assume this from every man?
i.e. That I can steal money from someone's bank account doesn't mean that it is something I will ever do.

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by bukatyne(f): 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
2buff:
I like the emboldened phrase. You have unfortunately gotten so hung up on the "tell men too" part that you are spoiling it for the others who actually need to get this stuff right.

I also understand that the emotions and responses triggered by my write up will depend on the geographical location of those that read it.
I am not in Naija. I am sure the situation in naija is a lot different than the situation here in North America. (In fact I'm sure most of the issues in naija are caused by my fellow guys based on some of the stories I hear)

Due to the loss of certain values, combined by a toxic media, A LOT of sisters here have really missed their way in knowing how to more naturally relate with their male counterparts. They end up frustrated wondering why, at the end of it all, none of them picked her. As the pain metamorphoses into a terrible bitterness that further keeps the men away.

Pertaining to the bolded, in this part of the world it's actually the opposite. Men are constantly lectured on how to treat women, but then there is absolutely no education on the female side on how to effectively relate with men. Attempts to do so often put you on the wrong side of society i.e "He thinks he can change me". The result is lopsided and often leads to broken relationships... and wasted time.

I now understand where you are coming from and it would help to state it in the OP

There has been chaos between the genders since Adam and Eve and one gender has suffered for it depending on their location.

Gender equality is now seen as a woman wanting to rule a man or vice. The particular example one poster used is funny grin

Until we teach a balanced view in relationships, tthere will always be problems

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
2buff:

...and you have just decided to go off on a whole 'nother tangent that I have no interest in engaging in.

Why assume this from every man?
i.e. That I can steal money from someone's bank account doesn't mean that it is something I will ever do.
your post has given me reason to believe that you are mostly likely to be that type of a person
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by thehunted(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2013
@2buff,

U are on point. I was thinking the same thing just yesterday. There are just too many single ladies for this country alone. Infact,there are more single women than unemployed graduates. There is something they are not getting right. And the thing is,,once u don't marry before you are 28,it becomes so hard for you cos most guys will always go for younger babes(22-26yr of age). I feel they should change several things about themselves.

Make no mistake about it, I'm not happy about it cos I have colleagues,cousins and neighbours (30+) who are still single. These women dated lots of guys. The reason they couldn't marry one of them is what I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by adezjamz(m): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2013
This is why I'm still searching.

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by moneyhungry(m): 11:59am On Dec 26, 2013
preach on son!
y'all gon learn today!
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by noblefada: 11:59am On Dec 26, 2013
~smh~ just reading comments from the ladies proves the open right. Listen ladies no matter how you try to justify it, it can never be the same, you're always to submit and be a more humble. Though there are some who want to run over you, but I can assure majority are not like that.

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by moneyhungry(m): 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
naija girls just no dey like get sense.
all girls place your right on your chest and repeat after me:
I WILL LEARN TODAY!

3 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by thehunted(m): 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
I went to visit a colleague who is 32+ ,her other sisters are 36 and 38 years. They hold special vigil cos of they aren't married.
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by warrior101: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
bukatyne:

OK,

List the fruits of the Holy Spirit and characteristics of love.

Any man who corrects his woman in love will be appreciated. It is not any issue of ego or pride; correct a child inlove and he will take to it. correct that same child in pride or anger or in a non-polite way and you meet rebuff.

A man doesnot mentor his wife with correction, he does by example. A man that is not a good example has no moral standing to 'correct' his wife.

I am not looking at things in an extreme way;I am stating it the way it ought to be

Madam, stop the competition and just go and find your match. He must be able to calm this your competing spirit. That's how you know him. If you couldn't find him @ 40 then you're a man in spirit. Now that's a shame... Lol

Up Feminism!!! Lol
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by thehunted(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
Some people here should understand that the men can have whatever attitude and still get people to marry.

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by warrior101: 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
Actually its 6 woman to 1 man... Go and find out... Lol

bukatyne: You assume only women need correcting. You did not quote the verses I asked you to earlier. Everything has principles and if you do not follow it or if everyone does not play their part, it would fail no matter how others try to make it work.

I guess finding someone to marry is not as hard as courting right and sustaininbg the home.

I believe one of the issues is that women are no longer interested in settling for anything that has a d!ck. Are some women missing it? Yes;

If you want to see more ladies engaged and married, teach both men and women what they need to know. Over trained women around wild men is worse than untrained women around wild men.

Like I would say, there is a man for every woman out there.

No body is perfect and everybody is a project.

Whatever rocks your boat anyways.

Have a merry Christmas

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
thehunted: I went to visit a colleague who is 32+ ,her other sisters are 36 and 38 years. They hold special vigil cos of they aren't married.
That's so sad. sad

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Prodigy246(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
2buff:

Though you made quite a few points, I think you went off-point in one small area.
Personally, I believe in MATCH.
A fresh girl really has no business entertaining a wheel-barrow pushers advances when she has other more established fellows submitting their resume as well. It would be odd if Tiwa Savage was dating an ugly guy with yellow teeth who was also a brick layer. These things just don't happen neither would they make sense, let's be real.

Where I feel pain for the sistas is in finding that Levels Match and then missing it entirely because no one seems to be telling them what they are missing i.e. humility. And the media ain't helping.
Personalities like Tiwa Savage will not even come in contact with a bricklayer in the first place...she will meet people around her own class whether she is richer or poorer than them..
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by sarutobi: 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
bukatyne:
The fact that some women will marry low quality men just to bear 'Mrs' does not mean it is the sta
ndard.

Oh my God! shocked
men should run like hell from u.

pls dont attack me, i am just 6 years old. cry
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by moneyhungry(m): 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
thehunted: Some people here should understand that the men can have whatever attitude and still get people to marry.
cool story bro, tell us more....

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by didicold(f): 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Oh, its always funny to see some men getting on d self righteous pulpit.lol
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by pedestal82(m): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
Op, don't mind them,
They are still hung up on Beyonce's " all the ladies independent" ish
But where now like what ? When she asked, "all the single ladies (put a ring on it"
And now she is proud telling them how she goes down on Jigga.( Latest song)
She ruined so many lives i tell ya! Making millions in the process.
So ladies open ur eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by thehunted(m): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
didicold: Oh, its always funny to see some men getting on d self righteous pulpit.lol

U may be right to an extent. Even criminals want good women as wives. Don't forget that the men are the onces that seek for and marry the women. In our country,a woman doesn't go looking for a man to pay his dowry. And the men to women population ratio isn't helping the ladies.

@the girls,

Don't always think that we( the guy) have something against you. Just take the positives from the comments here for your own good.
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Truckpusher(m): 12:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
I have always said that people with attitude problem both male and female are likely to remain single and miserable most of the time with the female folks being the worst hit especially in our society where the man practices cultures of impunity whilst the society looks the other way and pretend it's all normal.

Though most of our girls are just too abnormal these days... angry

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by favouredprince(m): 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
Its funny how some of us react to dis post. My summary is dat men should love deir wives nd wives should submit to deir hubby, cos as christ is the head of d church so also is christ d head of d church.note dat nt all ladies can be loved nd u cant submit to all men, u do so at ur own peril.Am sorry am a bit religious bt d women controls d home tru humility nd nt by force.Men r like dogs dat can be tamed by women.

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Canelle(f): 12:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
I appreciate such posts from guys, I always learn..

5 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Ruq: 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
I laugh at Nigerian ladies who thinks they're being feminist by being adamant in demanding for equal rights, as if any one denied them. Most of them just appear as angry depressed humans who have felt denied at one point or the other because they feel if they had a Dick it would have been different. They never get the drift. Just as someone said they only see the pros of being a man and the cons of a woman.

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Otseh: 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yield:
That's so sad. sad

He's lying.

Infact many of the men on this thread are lying about how there are so many single ladies, how it is 6 women to one man, how there are women of 30 and above in their church etc etc because they want women to panic and think that they have to settle for less and put up with any man that comes their way so they don't end up alone.

There are many single women fine;
There are also single men.

I don't know why nairaland men want to kill themselves over the issue of single women in nigeria. Every day single women this, single women that.
Una no dey tire?
Are the single women complaining to you abi why have you decided to carry their matter on your head?

12 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by warrior101: 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
Wolf my friend! Men are likes wolves that is tamed by a woman through humility... Now, that's a compliment for the women I guess.

favouredprince: Its funny how some of us react to dis post. My summary is dat men should love deir wives nd wives should submit to deir hubby, cos as christ is the head of d church so also is christ d head of d church.note dat nt all ladies can be loved nd u cant submit to all men, u do so at ur own peril.Am sorry am a bit religious bt d women controls d home tru humility nd nt by force.Men r like dogs dat can be tamed by women.

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by warrior101: 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Don't be a plunk... Go see how baby girls are being born everyday in 3z and 4z in one family compared to baby boy. Are you okay?

Otseh:

He's lying.

Infact many of the men on this thread are lying about how there are so many single ladies, how it is 6 women to one man, how there are women of 30 and above in their church etc etc because they want women to panic and think that they have to settle for less and put up with any man that comes their way so they don't end up alone.

There are many single women fine;
There are also single men.

I don't know why nairaland men want to kill themselves over the issue of single women in nigeria. Every day single women this, single women that.
Una no dey tire?
Are the single women complaining abi why have you decided to carry their matter on your head?
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by safarigirl(f): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
alutacontinua: Humility is not a gender thing!
Heck, the pride in some guys is irritating! angry even here on Nairaland, u know dem by their posts!

Both guys nd ladies should learn to be humble and courteous! cool
true story. I had this guy that was seriously bugging me for a relationship, but he had this condescending way of talking to/about people, including me. Imagine saying things like "I don't like the way you dress" "why do you like rap? It's not for ladies" or "stop walking like that, that's how boys walk" if you have so many issues about me, why not move to a suitable person that fits your wants? Then there are the "I've gat more money than Dangote" dudes that won't let you hear word about how much they bought their phones/clothes/shoes/wristwatches. And I'm supposed to smile and say "Yes Massa, you are very good for me Massa". Abeg, better to stay single than tolerate such. It's not always the ladies, sometimes guys also need attitude adjustment irrespective of who's marrying who

6 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by safarigirl(f): 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
warrior101: Don't be a plunk... Go see how baby girls are being born everyday in 3z and 4z in one family compared to baby boy. Are you okay?

according to Nigeria's last population census, there are more males than females in Nigeria, do you plan to marry the baby girls born between 2007 till now? Are you related to Yerima?

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by bettermike: 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
candor4: Op nice write up................. But but..................humility or no humility guys r indecisive in making choices................it only takes a matured n intelligent guy 2 make a choice n dey r few of dem out der
And are you saying men are the ones refusing to settle down despite humble girls being out there? I DISAGREE. Beleive me, all the humble girls i've come accross are married. No man will see a humble girl that CHOOSES HIM, and leave her hanging. Its not entirely possible!
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by warrior101: 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
Waitin dis one dey talk? I'm tellig you what I'm seeing you're there talking about Nigerian census... Infact post the link here make we see the census...

safarigirl: according to Nigeria's last population census, there are more males than females in Nigeria, do you plan to marry the baby girls born between 2007 till now? Are you related to Yerima?
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by PureOhio(f): 1:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
warrior101: Don't be a plunk... Go see how baby girls are being born everyday in 3z and 4z in one family compared to baby boy. Are you okay?

Very däft.
The human sex ratio at birth is 105 boys to 100 girls. The overall world ratio is 101 males to 100 females.
Plus, Nigeria is one of those countries where there are more males than females.

What you should have said is that the number of men ready to get married is less than the number of women ready to get married. The main reason for that is the economy that's going in a downward spiral. Men need financial security to start a family. Women just want to be married to financially stable man.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Which Of These Two Is A Better Option For A Purposeful Union? / I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance / Things You Miss About Your Ex Lover.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.