Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,472 members, 7,840,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Humility: The Lost Female Art - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Humility: The Lost Female Art (22667 Views)

10 Ways To Practice Humility And Get Result. / Please Define "Humility", Somebody! / Is This True Of Men? Poor Self Esteem =Humility And Confidence = Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by bukatyne(f): 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
safarigirl: bros you just dey yarn dust. There are MANY marriages in Nigeria where the husband and wife have turned the house to WWE arena, where did you get that idea that every married woman in Nigeria is submissive or every submissive woman is married? Submissive women tend to be extremely dull and slow, they can't do anything without being told to, they can't make decisions on their own, they're no better than housemaids and are of little or no use to their husbands. You'll never appreciate that smart, sharp, independent woman until the dull carpet you left at home starts calling you when you're in a different state/country to ask you silly questions like if she should pay the guys that dispose the trash (I had a neighbor like this, sickening)

I think you are mistaking submission for something else

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by MightyFortress: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
OP, very true.
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by bukatyne(f): 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
apacheguy: the rudeness cld b as a result of ur assumption abt every man being rude, you knw, hv a open mind and b humble, it works like a magnet nd gv u the wife material brand

Lol!

Expect you are a mind reader, I don't think you can know what I am assuming or not

I am not searching either grin

Compliments of the season
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by bukatyne(f): 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
LBanks: @ bukatyne which ones are low quality men?

Men that are of low quality... Rude, proud, arrogant, untrustworthy, unfaithful, disloyal, condescending, impatient, jealous etc...

The list goes on and on...
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by sweetroses(f): 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by bukatyne(f): 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
matnx: Most people do what they do because of the influence of others not necessarily because they really like or want to do what they are doing!

That being said why do most ( am not saying all women) African women make marriage a do or die affair? It's because they want to be accepted by the society,to please people and not be laughed at as our society places a woman getting married as her highest achievement in life and as the only value she is worth. Why do most guys get married? Because they want to please their family not necessarily because they want to get married, in fact some even know deep down that they are not ready for marriage.But because we have this mentality of "WHAT WILL PEOPLE SAY" many would get stuck in things they are not mentally,financially and emotionally ready for. Same goes for having children.

By the way i personally don't think marriages in the past lasted long because women were more humble than they are now, i think it was men made sure women had no choice but to stay in a marriage. What do i mean? She had no job, no education, she was trained only to get married,bear children and serve her husband.So even if her was maltreating her and her children she had no where to go! How would she feed herself and her kids? She would become a pariah!

You see a man just married 5 days ago,clubbing till day break,drunk,womanising and others. Its obvious he his not prepared to be a family man so why his he married?

Most of the guys commenting here are Chauvinists. A woman should be more humble n blah blah. Women 30 and above are not married and its shameful?! Really? What selfishness and what pride!!

Jesus Christ is the leader of the christian congregation. And yes a woman should be submissive and respect her man. But the bible said also a man should love the woman has his own body and cherish her as christ does the congregation and gave up his life for it ( can you be rude,controlling and unkind to yourself? Can you beat yourself up?). Jesus( he that has been since before the creation of men, heavenly spirit, superior in ways we cannot fathom) washed the feet of his disciples,mere men,fishermen and the likes and gave up his life for us.He led not by expecting or by entitlement but by EXAMPLE! Men learn from this! If you can then you can expect the good and reasonable women to follow your lead in all aspects.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by bukatyne(f): 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
matnx: Most people do what they do because of the influence of others not necessarily because they really like or want to do what they are doing!

That being said why do most ( am not saying all women) African women make marriage a do or die affair? It's because they want to be accepted by the society,to please people and not be laughed at as our society places a woman getting married as her highest achievement in life and as the only value she is worth. Why do most guys get married? Because they want to please their family not necessarily because they want to get married, in fact some even know deep down that they are not ready for marriage.But because we have this mentality of "WHAT WILL PEOPLE SAY" many would get stuck in things they are not mentally,financially and emotionally ready for. Same goes for having children.

By the way i personally don't think marriages in the past lasted long because women were more humble than they are now, i think it was men made sure women had no choice but to stay in a marriage. What do i mean? She had no job, no education, she was trained only to get married,bear children and serve her husband.So even if her was maltreating her and her children she had no where to go! How would she feed herself and her kids? She would become a pariah!

You see a man just married 5 days ago,clubbing till day break,drunk,womanising and others. Its obvious he his not prepared to be a family man so why his he married?

Most of the guys commenting here are Chauvinists. A woman should be more humble n blah blah. Women 30 and above are not married and its shameful?! Really? What selfishness and what pride!!

Jesus Christ is the leader of the christian congregation. And yes a woman should be submissive and respect her man. But the bible said also a man should love the woman has his own body and cherish her as christ does the congregation and gave up his life for it ( can you be rude,controlling and unkind to yourself? Can you beat yourself up?). Jesus( he that has been since before the creation of men, heavenly spirit, superior in ways we cannot fathom) washed the feet of his disciples,mere men,fishermen and the likes and gave up his life for us.He led not by expecting or by entitlement but by EXAMPLE! Men learn from this! If you can then you can expect the good and reasonable women to follow your lead in all aspects.

God bless you
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by warrior101: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
This thread stinks of a setup. I'm out
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by busolayemi: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
I'm an happily married woman mysef...and I'll tell u dat submission frm a woman can never come until d man learns to lead by example...every responsible woman will find it VERY EASY to submit nd b humble to a responsible man...it isn't about gender equality buh I tink for once, d attention should shift from women submitin to men being responsible....I maintain dat tins av changed....women nao know better dan to stay in a marriage where they stand nothin to gain than children and dats why d divorce rate is gettin higher....its only goin to get worse until men start to realise the typ of women outside nao av a better mentality dan their mothers...cheers

7 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by safarigirl(f): 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
sweetroses:

This is nice.

I have been following this thread and your arguments are quite impressive and intelligent.
Keep it up smiley
thanks dear
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by safeLove(f): 9:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
@Tonychristopher,kindly bury your head in shame. Your pride,ego and chauvnism won't get you anywhere. And good luck in your search for a 'humble and submisive wife' ..

@safarigirl, weldone girl,your posts are quite educative and informative. Sky is your limit. Go girl!

4 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
Lolzz, so much ignorance on dis thread... Too bad I wasn't around.. Chai... According to one funny lady, divorce now means women are smarter.. Hahahaha.. I guess gay marrige also means we are getting wiser.. Its no fault of ours that African women are so desperate for marriage, they don't wanna be single, speak for urselfs and not for everybody... Even una wey dey form strong women, by the time you get to 35 nd don't find a husband, you'd understand what I am saying... Now, you expect a man to be the one to woo you, come see your parents, propose and bring you into his house and not respect him because he still has to earn it after doing all that.... What shallowness... Read the bible carefully, maybe you may want to take ur grudges to God or you can start by proposing to the man instead and giving him the option of turning you down... The man has to always take the bull by the horn, when he does that, women do not complain, all of a sudden he requires humility and respect from you and some wannabe activists are screaming foul play...
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by safarigirl(f): 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
njokusboy: Lolzz, so much ignorance on dis thread... Too bad I wasn't around.. Chai... According to one funny lady, divorce now means women are smarter.. Hahahaha.. I guess gay marrige also means we are getting wiser.. Its no fault of ours that African women are so desperate for marriage, they don't wanna be single, speak for urselfs and not for everybody... Even una wey dey form strong women, by the time you get to 35 nd don't find a husband, you'd understand what I am saying... Now, you expect a man to be the one to woo you, come see your parents, propose and bring you into his house and not respect him because he still has to earn it after doing all that.... What shallowness... Read the bible carefully, maybe you may want to take ur grudges to God or you can start by proposing to the man instead and giving him the option of turning you down... The man has to always take the bull by the horn, when he does that, women do not complain, all of a sudden he requires humility and respect from you and some wannabe activists are screaming foul play...
another ignorant chauvinist. Stop using the bible to support your babaric actions. It's men like you that go through hell in marriage. Stop feeling entitled, EARN her love, EARN her submission, be a MAN

3 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by busolayemi: 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
Mister...I dnt kno if u r married or not....but dear, from experience, d best way to earn a woman's submission is to earn it...u can force it buh trust me, it can neva b like....Let a waman submit to u on her own will....I submit to my husband because he respects my opinion nd I also respect his....he's not married to sum daft, half baked idiots, so he knos he can always count on my opinion....buh if u want a woman u can toss about...nd jst impose ur opinion on, nd she wudnt dare say nothin....den u r good to go. If u want a woman dat will add to u...be ready to drop ur silly ego nd stat seeing her as a partner....else, ur marriage will only hit d rock.
njokusboy: Lolzz, so much ignorance on dis thread... Too bad I wasn't around.. Chai... According to one funny lady, divorce now means women are smarter.. Hahahaha.. I guess gay marrige also means we are getting wiser.. Its no fault of ours that African women are so desperate for marriage, they don't wanna be single, speak for urselfs and not for everybody... Even una wey dey form strong women, by the time you get to 35 nd don't find a husband, you'd understand what I am saying... Now, you expect a man to be the one to woo you, come see your parents, propose and bring you into his house and not respect him because he still has to earn it after doing all that.... What shallowness... Read the bible carefully, maybe you may want to take ur grudges to God or you can start by proposing to the man instead and giving him the option of turning you down... The man has to always take the bull by the horn, when he does that, women do not complain, all of a sudden he requires humility and respect from you and some wannabe activists are screaming foul play...

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
safarigirl: another ignorant chauvinist. Stop using the bible to support your babaric actions. It's men like you that go through hell in marriage. Stop feeling entitled, EARN her love, EARN her submission, be a MAN

Lolzz, my friend go to sleep..Define barbaric actions?? Did this thread say it was owk for men to beat up women So you now want to disagree with the teachings of the scriptures because you are supposedly getting wiser If saying women should be submissive to their husbands or be more humble makes a man ignorant and chauvinistic then what does that make you who advocates and encourages divorce Morally bankrupt, arrogant and totally confused I guess... So a man pays ur bride price, brings you into his home and you don't think dat is enough reason to respect him even if the biblical injunctions are nothing to go by... Its because your mother was submissive to ur father and you are not from a broken home, dat is why you are so bold coming here to talk what you know little or nothing about... Go and interview kids from broken homes, maybe you would get a clue...
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
safarigirl: another ignorant chauvinist. Stop using the bible to support your babaric actions. It's men like you that go through hell in marriage. Stop feeling entitled, EARN her love, EARN her submission, be a MAN
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by busolayemi: 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
Mister...I am not sayin a woman shd not submit to d hubby....dats if a lot of men actually kno wat d meanin of submission is....buh it shd be earned not automatic...okay, so because u brot me to live under ur roof nao...its enuf reason to submit to u even if u dnt deserve it....what makes u tink a woman cannot do well on her own without her comin under ur roof...it is more dan just paying birde price and bringin her under ur roof...respect her as ur wife, treat her well, dnt bring her down, let her kno she isn't less to u, let her kno she's a partner and not a slave...nd automatically, d submission cums without u askin sef...
njokusboy:

Lolzz, my friend go to sleep..Define barbaric actions?? Did this thread say it was owk for men to beat up women So you now want to disagree with the teachings of the scriptures because you are supposedly getting wiser If saying women should be submissive to their husbands or be more humble makes a man ignorant and chauvinistic then what does that make you who advocates and encourages divorce Morally bankrupt, arrogant and totally confused I guess... So a man pays ur bride price, brings you into his home and you don't think dat is enough reason to respect him even if the biblical injunctions are nothing to go by... Its because your mother was submissive to ur father and you are not from a broken home, dat is why you are so bold coming here to talk what you know little or nothing about... Go and interview kids from broken homes, maybe you would get a clue...
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
busolayemi: Mister...I dnt kno if u r married or not....but dear, from experience, d best way to earn a woman's submission is to earn it...u can force it buh trust me, it can neva b like....Let a waman submit to u on her own will....I submit to my husband because he respects my opinion nd I also respect his....he's not married to sum daft, half baked idiots, so he knos he can always count on my opinion....buh if u want a woman u can toss about...nd jst impose ur opinion on, nd she wudnt dare say nothin....den u r good to go. If u want a woman dat will add to u...be ready to drop ur silly ego nd stat seeing her as a partner....else, ur marriage will only hit d rock.

My friend, you need to go back to the beginning of this post.. I didn't say the man shouldn't consider the womans opinion, I said women should be submissive, why is simple English so difficult for you to understand, d fact that ur husband seeks ur opinion shows u re submissive.. Ur marriage wud sooner hit the rock if you constantly oppose everything your man says..
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
busolayemi: Mister...I am not sayin a woman shd not submit to d hubby....dats if a lot of men actually kno wat d meanin of submission is....buh it shd be earned not automatic...okay, so because u brot me to live under ur roof nao...its enuf reason to submit to u even if u dnt deserve it....what makes u tink a woman cannot do well on her own without her comin under ur roof...it is more dan just paying birde price and bringin her under ur roof...respect her as ur wife, treat her well, dnt bring her down, let her kno she isn't less to u, let her kno she's a partner and not a slave...nd automatically, d submission cums without u askin sef...

Lolzz, look through my post, I didn't say a man should make the woman his slave... Quote it if its there..
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by busolayemi: 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
Gone are d days wen 'ur marriage will hit d rocks makes women fret'....so wat if a marriage hits d rock...is dat d end of a woman's life...Yeye dey worry una....earn ur woman's submission my dear...it doesn't jst cum....all you men shoutin for submission...aw many of u respects ur wife...aw many of u takes up his responsibilities like he should...how many of u can even boast of not havin xtra marital affairs...nd u want submission...do ur part dearest nd we women aint daft...we kno aw to keep GOOD MEN...not shallow minded ones

4 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hi 2buff,
I love to see the conversations going on here! I think this video will complement some things said by many posters .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg3umXU_qWc

3 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by safarigirl(f): 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
njokusboy:

if you had come from a functional home someone would've taught you never to bring people's parents into arguments. I'm BOLD because my father had the sense to send me to school because he knew that I had to get an EDUCATION so that I could sieve the REAL MEN from the never-do-wells, because he realised that a child without an education is voiceless in our present society. I'm bold because I know right from wrong, but most especially I'm bold because chauvinists like you give me a reason to be bold. I repeat, keep the word of God out of your babarism, God NEVER sanctioned marriage to be a master-slave relationship. Quote one verse that supports chauvinism

2 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by safarigirl(f): 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
njokusboy:

My friend, you need to go back to the beginning of this post.. I didn't say the man shouldn't consider the womans opinion, I said women should be submissive, why is simple English so difficult for you to understand, d fact that ur husband seeks ur opinion shows u re submissive.. Ur marriage wud sooner hit the rock if you constantly oppose everything your man says..
if God forbid I end up with a man like you (I must been mentally unstable and intoxicated to even consider that) I will personally steer that marriage till it hits a 10-foot iceberg, and for good measure, I'll break the steering wheel to make sure no one salvages that marriage.

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
safarigirl: if you had come from a functional home someone would've taught you never to bring people's parents into arguments. I'm BOLD because my father had the sense to send me to school because he knew that I had to get an EDUCATION so that I could sieve the REAL MEN from the never-do-wells, because he realised that a child without an education is voiceless in our present society. I'm bold because I know right from wrong, but most especially I'm bold because chauvinists like you give me a reason to be bold. I repeat, keep the word of God out of your babarism, God NEVER sanctioned marriage to be a master-slave relationship. Quote one verse that supports chauvinism

Hahahaha, I didn't say you should give me motivational speeches... Am no chauvinists but the bible did say wives should be submissive to their husbands... "Because, adam was before eve"... I'd quote it u want.... You seem to have a problem with the word submissive, in your dictionary submissive is probably a synonym for battery or slavery... If submission is chauvinism, then God is chauvinistic abi? Babe, try harder...
You didn't even address my point, was ur mum submissive to ur dad Would u be happy if you were from a broken home?? Nd who even told you submissive women are uneducated?
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
safarigirl: if God forbid I end up with a man like you (I must been mentally unstable and intoxicated to even consider that) I will personally steer that marriage till it hits a 10-foot iceberg, and for good measure, I'll break the steering wheel to make sure no one salvages that marriage.

You didn't ask me if I was interested in marrying you... From the way you sound, I won't give you a second look
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ladies don't forget to smile often and speak with a gentle voice. smiley
Laced with sweet words and tender touches.

You'll be in control. Truss me wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
lorretta u: Ladies don't forget to smile often and speak with a gentle voice. smiley

Well said, like a lady....

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
Is dat a hidden post I see?
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
To me, this bride price of a thing has always been dangerous business... This is especially true of my people (Igbo) I've seen with my twn eyes where a family demanded that the groom lay foundation of their house before marrying her. I've also heard of ridiculous amounts such as 4m worth of things, e.t.c. After paying all these, many of these men see their wives as possessions and try to control her. One of my uncles even asked me... E le mgbe i ga-azu ahia bata n'ulo meaning when will i buy market. He is refering to marriage as market and wife as commodity. Smh. So my sisters, you see, as long as some men see marriage as nzu ahia, you might not get respect from him. That's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
lorretta u: Ladies don't forget to smile often and speak with a gentle voice. smiley

@ loretta ele otu i di? I no be stalker o, just like your views, especially on that ashawo threadgrin. As you don give me the expo, this will not work for me cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Humility: The Lost Female Art by sweetroses(f): 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2013

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Woman Pulls Down Her Panties As She Urinates Publicly In Traffic. Photos / Why You Should Get Married / Meet Sandra Areh Chinelo, Apostle Joshua Selman Wife To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.