Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,998 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Hubby Won't Talk To Me. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hubby Won't Talk To Me. (43269 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Hubby Caught Me Using Contraceptives!!! / Her Husband Won't Talk To Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by GentleMimi: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
ileobatojo:

More twists and turns? grin

Superstory tinz.
*Falls from tuketuke* grin

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
[quote author=hamzeiy][/quote]

Open a thread on that and I will meet u there
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by bukatyne(f): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce: Hmmm...buka!
So dem don dey ask for your hot red pant and bra pisure.

Ok o...

Na siddon dey look I dey.

*bites kola*

Don't mind them!

Instead of them to just join the club
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by nobilie: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ok. I get this, if OP is not making up this story, then, something must be wrong. You are the first wife as ur husband has a second wife. You have two kids already. Has he been like this since you married or did he just turn this way? Just because u spoke your native language then he started ignoring u? What is the age difference between u two? Do u work? As I know somee men don't accord enough respect to their wife's(house wife). I'll say, increase ur value and dress urself well always. He'll change with time in prayer and respect. If u sleep in same room with ur husband, u'll not quarel for long.j
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by bukatyne(f): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
dayokanu:

First thats not you, You wan scam us

Then whom are you trying to seduce with that ten yards of Pa-heint? That material for the paheint reach to do curtain

Post your own photo Bukky

Lol!

Don't want to post anything indecent grin
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by bukatyne(f): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nashville:

I'm disappointed. I thought you were hotter than that!

That aint hot!

tongue
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Adycherie(f): 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
[quote
author=shoerack6]Hello house,

Whenever I have disagreement with hubby, he'll decide not to talk to me.

Hope hs name is not collins cos dat's exactly d way my ex behaves.
If u plead mch ( tho ur ryt), he'l say dat ur used 2 hm, so u intentionally hurt hm inorder 2 apologise. Imagine!
Thank God i did nt end up wit him.

Ma, be strong. jst do ur best
He won't eat my food and also will not sleep on the same bed with me.
I'll have to beg and beg before he finally decides to talk to me.
I'm so sick and tired of his attitude. I tried discussing with him that
we should look for a better way to resolve issues but he said he doesn't
want to discuss anything with me.
We are presently not talking and have promised myself that this year, no
more begging and begging. Have apologised to him like thrice since
yesterday, i've sent him messages apologising even though I know that
i've done nothing wrong.
Now i'm always in my room because even when I go to where he is, he'll
stand up and leave d place.
This is killing me inside. Don't know what to do.
Pls mature advice only.
Mod pls I don't want this thread on front page.[/quote]
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by peezle: 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: The most painful part is when it comes to begging. I can stand for 1 hour begging him.
Just how many days ago, he was angry that my aunty's husband called me.
He's so jealous and practically controls my life. If not that I already have kids, I would have asked him to divorce me.
He has another wife (i'm the first) so whenever he's not talking to me, he'll just face the other wife and abandon me. This breaks me down.

Shoerack therein lies your problem. He has choice and thats why he misbehaves. He probably has money too which oils his ego. I suggest you be very tactical about this issue cos when men act this way they have something up their sleeves....and its usually not good. Commit the thing to God in prayers and act in such a way you not at fault. So if he wants it the "Mr and Mrs" way (dat naija film u should watch it) no one will fault you
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by tintingz(m): 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
Baby mama:

Look at this eediot
A woman comes to nairaland to cry for help and you accuse me of rubbish
If the marriage was so good why is she here praying he divorces Her
Ewu
Read the woman's words
You are the e-diot go back to your post and read yourself if there is any sense in it.

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Beey(f): 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
I was going out with that kind of a person a few years back.He was so petty that one day he came to pick me up from salon & the lady wasn't done with my hair ,which meant he had to wait for 15minutes .After that he gave me the silent treatment for a weak.We went out for one year and even when I told him I couldn't go on with the relationship,I didn't really feel any pinch.Reason for this is that I was already used to being alone in the relationship. The smallest thing made him give me the silent treatment for 2 weeks.I was living like a single though in a relationship but thankfully we were not living together.He also would give me lectures if anything happened as if he was a dad talking to a daughter.I left that relationship & never looked back.Please, no matter how much in love you might be,don't ignore those red flags.Silent treatment is a form of emotional abuse.For all singles out there,its the little foxes that if care is not taken,they end up destroying the vineyard.Choose wisely.

4 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by akin101: 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
Wots with dis guy are u a feminist or lesbians boy
Mynd_44: Tribalist, acting childish and behaving like a demi-god. I am out of here

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by ypepe: 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nash and Dayo!
One word for ya.
Repent! tongue
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by tintingz(m): 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Baby mama:

If everything you said is true how come your prophet couldn't stick to those ideals and lead his household by example

Mohammed your greatest man that lived is documented to have had 11 wives at a time plus slave women available to him telling you that a polygamous man cannot be satisfied with 4.
It is also documented that his wives were jealous of each other,were bitter for sharing and had serious squabbles
It is also documented that he had a favorite wife,Aisha and the other wives disliked her telling you it is impossible to love them all equally
Aisha herself was extremely jealous of a beautiful wife saffiyah i believe

The above tells you it is impossible to be equitable in love to 4 or 11 women
Solution is to stick to one wife and work it out with her
Look at this from the eyes of a woman
No woman ,Muslim or pagan enjoys sharing her husband with other women,that is the bottom line that should matter to a loving husband

Let's not turn this to an Islamic thread otherwise I would show you texts of authentic hadiths that prove everything I said.
You are just the bigot here seriously.

7 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by matsilver: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6:
The thing is I don't even nag. I've never done that before since we got married. I don't even talk when he's angry and lashing at me.
datz y he's takin advantage of u.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by emmyoha87(m): 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
Madam you need to be strong n change tactic, obviously ur husband hates a "loser begging attitude" so U have to be strong and start enjoying urself whenever he's like this.
How do u marry a man who hates ur Tribe(Did he meet ur parents), madam honestly U need to start showng ur husband a strong attitude.
FINALLY U NEED TO "PRAY"
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by tintingz(m): 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: Mods, why did you put it on front page? Hun?
angry angry
Nope. He has never raised his hand on me before.
Don't mind them...you should have post this to Islam section for an Islamic advice since you are a muslim lady and please don't follow what advice they have posted here, they will only rubbish your marriage e.g read the crap baby mama posted.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by seivey(m): 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
I really understand what you are going through and how frustrating it is becos, I had similar issue in my marriage.
whenever there is an issue btw my wife and I, she will just go for days without talking in the home, keeping totally to herself.
At first, I was seriously troubled and will always try to get her talking again but after this have happened alot of times in the marriage, I started to keep my distance whenever the spirit comes on her and we actually even went on like that for like 2 weeks on an occasion.
Although recently I got very tired of this kind of behaviour, I sat her down and we had a meeting. I told her to access the marriage and give a scorecard.
I then highlighted the huge damage those her moments have caused the marriage and I went as far as threatening that we might have to live apart if it persists because I deserve a happy life.
That threat just work wonders becos since then abt 4 weeks ago, I have seen serious efforts from her ensuring that behaviour like that does not happen.
I hope this might be helpful to you.
firstly let him realise the damage that this is doing to your marriage.
And a lot of us usually come to our senses when we realise we might loss things and people important to us but we have taken for granted for the years.
Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Thereishel: 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
You can talk to his friends about this and his siblings with his other family members. It is possible he is having and affair and the outsider is using juju on him against you. Also try to pray about it and accept the gospel; seeking the Lord like in Deeper Life church. If you go to the same church ask your pastor to intervene. Don't be scared that it can cause more trouble for you otherwise you may develop heart disease with this condition, a problem shared is half solved
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by ocelot2006(m): 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
Bantino: If you offend him, ensure that you appologise accordingly. If the cause of your misunderstanding is not your fault, ignore him for a while, ensure you prepare his food even when he refuses to eat.

If you guys don't have kids yet, wear some skimpy cloths at home, and try so many ways of seducing him without talking to him.

Walk out of the bathroom unclad most times, he may behave as if he's not noticing your moves, just continue. To break him, at night, just pretend to feel cold and tell him to hold you, beleive me, he will gladly hold you and from there one thing leads to another.

When you guys are done making love then you can have a 'brief discussion' with him concerning his attitude, Bleep him after the discussion then sleep off. If you get it right, he will change with time and learn how to talk issues over.

No offense, but are you married? You really think trying to seduce one's husband when he's pissed will work? News flash: it does not work. You don't expect a man to switch over from pissed-mode to Hot- mode. I know that in my own case it has never ever worked. As a matter of fact it makes me more angry.

@ OP, my little advice: talk to your husband, particularly at night when you're both alone, and pour your heart out gently like a loving wife. It will not only stroke his ego, but equally move him as he'll feel kinda bad and may even end up apologising to you. The sex can come later after you've resolved the issue.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Bantino: If you offend him, ensure that you appologise accordingly. If the cause of your misunderstanding is not your fault, ignore him for a while, ensure you prepare his food even when he refuses to eat.

If you guys don't have kids yet, wear some skimpy cloths at home, and try so many ways of seducing him without talking to him.

Walk out of the bathroom unclad most times, he may behave as if he's not noticing your moves, just continue. To break him, at night, just pretend to feel cold and tell him to hold you, beleive me, he will gladly hold you and from there one thing leads to another.

When you guys are done making love then you can have a 'brief discussion' with him concerning his attitude, Bleep him after the discussion then sleep off. If you get it right, he will change with time and learn how to talk issues over.
see my dear everything is not all about sex the more u treat everytin about sex in a marriage the man gets tired. It seems the man has pride because I don't understand why someone will tell your partner get away when begging just because you spoke ur language. @op you need to put ur husband into place if not u will begging for any slightest thing that is not relevant, if u are not wrong please don't beg. Look for his weak points(apart from sex) then u will know how to handle him well
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by tintingz(m): 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
Thereishel: You can talk to his friends about this and his siblings with his other family members. It is possible he is having and affair and the outsider is using juju on him against you. Also try to pray about it and accept the gospel; seeking the Lord like in Deeper Life church. If you go to the same church ask your pastor to intervene. Don't be scared that it can cause more trouble for you otherwise you may develop heart disease with this condition, a problem shared is half solved
She's not a christian.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by andyanders: 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6:
Thanks for your advice but the thing is we have separate room but when it's time to sleep he comes to my room. So practically, when he's angry, he'll decide to sleep in his room.
Yes I have two kids. I've stopped cooking for him whenever is angry cos if I see d food there on the table, I get more heart broken.

Op, it is a pity that your husband is exhibiting this attitude after 2 children. No matter the language you speaks, he was aware before he went into the marriage Or does he speak the language you don't understand too? If yes, he has no right to control that aspect of you expressing yourself to your people unless there is something hidden you are doing or did when speaking that language and he found out.

Now, with what is happening, you need prayers to overcome this issue because staying different rooms plays a very negative influence on couples. My wife and I got our separate rooms but her own is just ceremonial as she goes there to relax when she needs her privacy and I give her respect and even knock her door before entering her room.
Your husband keeping malice because of the above issue and even threatening beating you goes to show that something is wrong somewhere and you need to maybe first do away with that aspect of speaking with anyone with that language he dislikes. I believe that your husband doesn't trust you and maybe those people you call your people as maybe some of your actions plays a role he dislikes as such stop it and make your marriage work and with God, all things are possible. You have to sacrifice to make your marriage work and your husband also must do same but you have to allow God work by kneeling and asking God's intervention.God help you.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by matsilver: 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6:
I don't even want to explain what happened cos if I do, u people will help me insult him.
Ok, let me explain. Hubby is a tribalist. He said he doesn't like me speaking this particular language and that's the language I use when communicating with my family.
So yesterday, my aunty called. I tried as much as possible not to speak this language so was just answering her hun, ehn ehn but at the same time I don't want him to think i'm talking with someone I don't want him to know, so I decided to ask after her son in the language. That's where the trouble started oo.
I'm so sick and tired of all this. When I tried begging, he asked me to leave his presence and that was when I asked him if he was trying to frustrate me. He now said these days that my mouth is becoming too sharp and even threatened to slap me.
if nt stupidity again hw can u tell ur wife nt 2 speak her language. My sister am sorry, u hv 2 face it, datz 1 tin u must expect 4rm any marriage within d first 5year of age.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by matsilver: 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce:

cheesy my dear, I just dodge that one.
Except hubby thinks I have a hidden agenda I see no reason why he would ask me not to speak my dialect.
abi
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by justplainpaul(m): 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
@poster, your husband na big boy o, i won be like am when i grow up.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by T4Tsolomon(m): 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: Hello house,

Whenever I have disagreement with hubby, he'll decide not to talk to me. He won't eat my food and also will not sleep on the same bed with me. I'll have to beg and beg before he finally decides to talk to me.
I'm so sick and tired of his attitude. I tried discussing with him that we should look for a better way to resolve issues but he said he doesn't want to discuss anything with me.
We are presently not talking and have promised myself that this year, no more begging and begging. Have apologised to him like thrice since yesterday, i've sent him messages apologising even though I know that i've done nothing wrong.
Now i'm always in my room because even when I go to where he is, he'll stand up and leave d place.
This is killing me inside. Don't know what to do.
Pls mature advice only.
Mod pls I don't want this thread on front page.
Its like ur hubby same altitude like mine but am not that extreme to d extent of complete hatred,my g.f do apologise even if she is ryt but most times i do that is to make her realise her mistake...i hate raising my voice on my g.f/wife and will neva beat her so its beta i jus cool off by nt talkin wif her but trust me she knws hw 2 calm me down afta sum hrs nt days o....u pple ar married xo pls u jus av to learn to tolerate him and talk 2 him passionately and he is too extreme or mayb he has sum1 else available 4 him sumwhr...
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by chi4ik(m): 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
Woman pls don't bring your family problem on social media or network like this, U will rather get wrong, silly $ childish answers. marriage is d highest institution on Earth, pls b warned. I will only advice U to visit a marriage counsellor, Rev Father or good pastor, most especially, Pray passionately to God for his divine intervention but pls U have to stop whatever U ar doing that is making him upset.....
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mynd_44: Childish husband. He drops money for food and refuses to eat. Smh
the na kid as in small pikin
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by begwong: 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
lets hear your oga's version.
Learnt he is also a Nlder.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce:

The man will always be confused as long as there is legitimate wife .
Op do you love this woman , I mean the second wife. If do, three some won't be a bad idea.

If you not, make her very uncomfortable.

Pls try and gain some independent, like that you have a choice.

YOU WANT TO CREATE MORE PROBLEM IN THE HOUSE, YOU WANT THE CHILDREN TO GROW-UP TO LEARN HOW TO HATE ABI.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by jreyez(m): 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
Maybe sad

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by begwong: 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
lets hear your oga's version.
Learnt he is also a Nairalander!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Update On My Husband Leaving Us / Lady Heartbroken After Her Kid Sister Married Her Husband / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.