Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Hubby Won't Talk To Me. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hubby Won't Talk To Me. (43267 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Hubby Caught Me Using Contraceptives!!! / Her Husband Won't Talk To Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6:
Yes we stay in the same house and we live happily.

GOOD TO HEAR THIS. I AM STILL ON PAGE THREE, IT GETTING MORE INTERESTING AND CLEARER.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by jreyez(m): 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
(Follow This Member)
Send E-Mail Message To shoerack6
Time registered: January 02, 2014
Time spent online: 3 hours & 33 minutes
View Shoerack6's posts (25) | View Shoerack6's topics (1)

Ahdonbelieveit grin
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
You should ask yourself this question.
Has he being possessing such behaviors before he met he's second wife?.

If yes, then after reading all 3 post of yours, I would say i can see the writing on the wall that your marriage is heading for a disaster, because you have an egomaniac, jealous and a wimp for a husband. So its either you get to praying, or start making sure you get yourself together financially and also make sure that you're in a position whereby you are able to take good care of yourself and your children, if the problem does not only persist, but gets worse, such as him getting abusive.

If he had begun such behavior after meeting he's second wife, then your husband is no longer your problem. Your problem is he's second wife.....You need to go start praying 7 days dry fasting on every prayer mountain you can find, cos things are about to get real..real quick.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by rafadesal(m): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hmmm. I believe most men will not simply stop talking to their wife on such daily occurrence. However my advice is that d wife shd study her husband to know exactly what makes him keep to himself.

Additionally, if u nag or always proof stubborn on issues at home, a man will see it as challenging their authority. God help u.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by niyitogun(m): 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Op,
You mentioned he has always been like this before you got married and dosen't like you speaking your language (does he speak his own language with his people too, if he dosen't then he is not biased but probably has issues with maybe speaking local dialect because he wants the kids to learn English alone and feels local dialect may influence their spoken English) so if you knew this back then and agreed to marry him, am afraid you should not try changing it now as this would only cause more tension. Also if this continues you two are already frustrated about this and can only lead to a separation faster than you think so you simply have 2 options.

If you still love/want your marriage, quit doing this thing he has told you he dosen't like even before he married you (stop trying to change things and begging him later as this clearly dosen't augor well - to him you simply trying to frustrate him and being a disobedient wife).....this is not in anyway justify him for being over sensitive about speaking local dialect, just that for some reason this is who he is and you shouldn't have settled for him if you couldn't tolerate it.

Or if you really want to speak your dialect with your people as this makes you happy, this is clearly your right, you can forgo the marriage and seek a separation to be happy. Then you can go for NYSC, get a decent job and gain your financial indepence as a graduate.

Do whichever makes you most happy.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by nopecin(m): 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Anytime e decided to eat ur food put plenty of weeds (igbo) in his food and after eating it go to him and ask him what are is problem....sharp sharp him go confess beliv me.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Youngzedd(m): 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: The most painful part is when it comes to begging. I can stand for 1 hour begging him.
Just how many days ago, he was angry that my aunty's husband called me.
He's so jealous and practically controls my life. If not that I already have kids, I would have asked him to divorce me.
He has another wife (i'm the first) so whenever he's not talking to me, he'll just face the other wife and abandon me. This breaks me down.

Water don pass Garri.

This is the cause of all his behaviour, he has a close substitute.
Had it mean he have only you, he wouldn't be behaving funny when he is annoyed.

All I can say is that you adhere to his instructions.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by otalenu(m): 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Bantino: If you offend him, ensure that you appologise accordingly. If the cause of your misunderstanding is not your fault, ignore him for a while, ensure you prepare his food even when he refuses to eat.

If you guys don't have kids yet, wear some skimpy cloths at home, and try so many ways of seducing him without talking to him.

Walk out of the bathroom unclad most times, he may behave as if he's not noticing your moves, just continue. To break him, at night, just pretend to feel cold and tell him to hold you, beleive me, he will gladly hold you and from there one thing leads to another.

When you guys are done making love then you can have a 'brief discussion' with him concerning his attitude, Bleep him after the discussion then sleep off. If you get it right, he will change with time and learn how to talk issues over.

what if the husband is a nairalander?
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Laeroy(f): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
Original poster...why did u engage ur self in an inter-ethnic marriage? The end result of it exaclty what's happening in ur marriage......by the way...how did u as an igbo lady convert to being a Muslim......still stunned
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Laeroy(f): 8:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
Original poster...why did u engage ur self in an inter-ethnic marriage? The end result of it exaclty what's happening in ur marriage......by the way...how did u as an igbo lady convert to being a Muslim......still stunned by the action U took in converting to islam....abi na becos of husband u convert?
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by crazymommy(f): 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
mimi237: My hubby behaves this way, I was have to beg him for nothing eeven when he is at fault. My dear I won't advice u but get busy with urself.
yes you was have to beg him
grin(edit the post before english teachers arrive

U won't advice her and u said she should get busy with her life?what is that called?is that not advice?or it is advisor?grin

@op if ur husband should behave badly towards u because of speaking ur native language then something is wrong somewhere because that is not an excuse for a man to treat his wife badly.,but to be honest i think it would be bad for me to jump into conclusion that ur husband is irresponsible until we hear his own part of the story but whatever his own part of the story may be ,i still think what he is doing to you is very very wrong,husband and wife should be one and they should embrace each other no matter the language or religion or any other thing,pls visit a qualified marriage counsellor but before u make the visit first of all take ur case to the ultimate counsellor which is GOD and i believe he will hear ur humble cry.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by thehunted(m): 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
I'm sure you are married to a Yoruba man. I'm I right?
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by jreyez(m): 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
Laeroy: Original poster...why did u engage ur self in an inter-ethnic marriage? The end result of it exaclty what's happening in ur marriage......by the way...how did u as an igbo lady convert to being a Muslim......still stunned by the action U took in converting to islam....abi na becos of husband u convert?

Don't sweat it sweetheart... Op is not real.., just registered 2 of January 2014 and 'it's' looking for attention grin
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
Laeroy: Original poster...why did u engage ur self in an inter-ethnic marriage? The end result of it exaclty what's happening in ur marriage......by the way...how did u as an igbo lady convert to being a Muslim......still stunned

First of all this is not about ethnicity or tribe
It is about a small minded husband,playing women like ludo
Secondly,where did she say she was Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by crazymommy(f): 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
Laeroy: Original poster...why did u engage ur self in an inter-ethnic marriage? The end result of it exaclty what's happening in ur marriage......by the way...how did u as an igbo lady convert to being a Muslim......still stunned by the action U took in converting to islam....abi na becos of husband u convert?
stop bringing ethnicity into a marriage issue,a man that will mis-behave will mis-behave,come to my office and see different husbands and wives coming for counselling and let me shock u most of them are even from the same tribe or religion,so its not marrying someone from ur state or someone from ur tribe that determines the success of a marriage lets stop bringing ethnic differences and tribe into this issue,just drop ur advice and leave the op alone,stop acting like you are a perfect lady,she might have made a mistake then if u want to scold her scold her and give her good advice and not just scolding her and leave just because u want to talk.i never insulted u but u can dare insult me and see if i will not make your tongue touch ur nose.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by CHoccolaTE: 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
otalenu:
what if the husband is a nairalander?

The man is most likely a nairalander sef because the woman was seriously angry when the thread hit front page. Maybe because she doesn't want him to see it.

@topic, sorry OP. I don't have anything to add that others have not already said. The mistake you made was living a life of complete dependence on this man so if you can do so, get a job so you can stand on your own two feet.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Tabs2B(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
Your husband is using silence as a technique to let u know that what u did was wrong. May be that's his own way to teach u a lesson. But he his your husband here or may be he just like u begging him wen ever u hurt him. My candid advise to u should learn to stop doing this that gets him upset. U can get to talk to someone he respects do somuch to talk to him.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce: If something is not working try other methods.

Begging is not working, try ignoring.
Nagging is not working, trying keeping quiet.

Maybe wear red pant and bra to seduce him, if it didn't work, your husband is cheating sad wink
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin You liar!
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by CHoccolaTE: 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
Tabs2B: Your husband is using silence as a technique to let u know that what u did was wrong. May be that's his own way to teach u a lesson. But he his your husband here or may be he just like u begging him wen ever u hurt him. My candid advise to u should learn to stop doing this that gets him upset. U can get to talk to someone he respects do somuch to talk to him.

Did you even read through the thread to know the woman's problem before replying? Which kain person be this one sef?
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by beordune(m): 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: Hello house,

Whenever I have disagreement with hubby, he'll decide not to talk to me. He won't eat my food and also will not sleep on the same bed with me. I'll have to beg and beg before he finally decides to talk to me.
I'm so sick and tired of his attitude. I tried discussing with him that we should look for a better way to resolve issues but he said he doesn't want to discuss anything with me.
We are presently not talking and have promised myself that this year, no more begging and begging. Have apologised to him like thrice since yesterday, i've sent him messages apologising even though I know that i've done nothing wrong.
Now i'm always in my room because even when I go to where he is, he'll stand up and leave d place.
This is killing me inside. Don't know what to do.
Pls mature advice only.
Mod pls I don't want this thread on front page.

This is a complete me..
To be sincere with you, there's something you're doing wrong, cos he's actually angry about something and its hurting him real bad..
Thank your God he's not leaving you to go run after other ladies, he just stay at home and be brood on what went wrong.

You're a good woman, and you should prove that by softening his hardened heart, with patience you can make an angry man smile.
Don't do something silly, cos not begging him wouldn't open his eyes to see he's wrong even if is.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by troy20(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mynd_44: Tribalist, acting childish and behaving like a demi-god. I am out of here
you've earned your 'likes' as usuall.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by crazymommy(f): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Tabs2B: Your husband is using silence as a technique to let u know that what u did was wrong. May be that's his own way to teach u a lesson. But he his your husband here or may be he just like u begging him wen ever u hurt him. My candid advise to u should learn to stop doing this that gets him upset. U can get to talk to someone he respects do somuch to talk to him.
are we reading the same topic?
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
@Tintingz;
by tintingz(m): 7:16pm
it there is a person to practice surah furqan, ayah 63 upon, it is baby mama. i am sure you are forced to respond to her here. so am i now.

@baby mama;
Baby mama:

If everything you said is true how come your prophet couldn't stick to those ideals and lead his household by example
the best example for good men to follow is Muhammad [SA]. remember he [SA] said all of you should be kind to your mates [wives] and i am the best of those who is kind to his mates. he mended his clothing and helped in up keeping the home. he lived a simple life without complication. every moment of his existence is an example for us believers, because he was a king without the throne of ceaser.

Mohammed your greatest man that lived is documented to have had 11 wives at a time plus slave women available to him telling you that a polygamous man cannot be satisfied with 4.
He was special in marriage that brought peace between believers and warring pagans because he married from their clans. imagine if you had married a yoruba? would you be calling them Yoruba or clawed face, when you know its from their that the one who sired your children is from? this is a greater method of mending fences between warring groups. Muhammad [SA] fasted, prayed, etc more than the general muslim because God commanded him to do so. so were the marriage as strategy of peace instead of war.

It is also documented that his wives were jealous of each other,were bitter for sharing and had serious squabbles
And when God let them know the consequences, each abandoned her woman 'jealousy and bitterness' and hope in God. each is our mother [RA], today. only disbelievers will not honor the wives in this fashion.

It is also documented that he had a favorite wife,Aisha and the other wives disliked her telling you it is impossible to love them all equally
favorite does not be ignoring the quality and not acknowledging the rights of others. God raised one prophet [AS] higher than another, so as it is done in heaven so it is on earth.

Aisha herself was extremely jealous of a beautiful wife saffiyah i believe
evidently you goofed here. i will leave this gaffe of yours the future. jealousy is not always bad, it is envy that is terrible. anyone who is not jealous to have a good thing is not human.

The above tells you it is impossible to be equitable in love to 4 or 11 women
to be equitable is not when you have 1 of a good thing that you are permitted to have many of. you treat with best quality is what being equitable is.

Solution is to stick to one wife and work it out with her
really? you have better solution than God Who allowed Abraham, His Friend and father of "Faith" to have more than 1? How about King David whose psalm is your shield? How about King Solomon whose temple you are hoping is restored? 1 wife is the solution when Jesus son of Mary didn't have any?

Look at this from the eyes of a woman
selfish and jealous woman that is.

No woman ,Muslim or pagan enjoys sharing her husband with other women,that is the bottom line that should matter to a loving husband
speaks for your envious self. even among igbos, there are women that have no problem being co-wife because some will say marry my friends who are single and beautiful souls.

Let's not turn this to an Islamic thread otherwise I would show you texts of authentic hadiths that prove everything I said.
your advise is too little too late because you have fanned the very flame of the fire that is burning.

You are just the bigot here seriously.
she is no doubt a certified bigot. she is probably a women worthy of ignoring.

4 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by ludot(m): 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6:
Thanks for your advice but the thing is we have separate room but when it's time to sleep he comes to my room. So practically, when he's angry, he'll decide to sleep in his room.
Yes I have two kids. I've stopped cooking for him whenever is angry cos if I see d food there on the table, I get more heart broken.

Don't stop cooking for him.

A soft answer turns away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger - Proverbs 15:1
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
it was nt easy going thru all 6 pages so as to understand this polygamy issue. anyway this my advice

1: i want to believe him and his second wife is from yoruba so she dosnt hv the language problem wit him.
2: u never said anything about his parents, if your in good terms with them. if yes then you need to visit them wit this case & here thr advice, if NO then i will assume that they never wanted him to marry anothr tribe's girl but he wnt ahead 2 marry u(THAT IS ANOTHER DISCUSSION).
3: he continues doing what he is doing because he knws that is your weak point as well as the second wife, then learn not not border abt his FORMING ANNOYANCE, SERVE HIM HIS FUD AS USUAL, IF HE REFUSES TO EAT AS YOU SAID, REMOVE IT A SERVE ANOTHER MEAL THE NEXT MORNING.MAKE SURE YOU GREET HIM, IF HE DOSNT ANSWER, AGAIN DNT BORDER MUCH.(I KNW IT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE).
4: EXPERIENCE FROM A POLYGAMOUS HOME I KNW: YOU AND THE SECOND WIFE NEED THE TO DISCUSS HEART TO HEART ABOUT THIS ISSUE(SINCE YOU BOTH ARE OK WITH EACH OTHER), BOTH OF YOU SHOULD QUARREL HIM TOGETHER IN WHAT ISSUE THAT ITS NOT YOUR FAULT, IF HE FORMS ANNOYANCE THEN DO THE BOLDED LINE IN 3 ABOVE.
5 DO NOT BORTHER, HE TAKES NOTICE OF EVRY MOV U MAKE(UR NT BEGGING HIM AS U USE TO DO, UR CHANGING OF HIS MAIL WHN HE REFUSE TO EAT, UR ATTACKING HIM TOGETHER). HE WIL SURE SAY UR HV DEVOLOPED MING ABI AND WONDER WHY BOTH OF U HAS DECIDED TO FIGHT AS ONE.
6: THIS WORKED FOR THE POLYGAMOUS HOME I KNW (THE 2ND CHILD IN THE HOUSE WAS MY FRIEND), THE MAN DNT RANT ANY HOW UN-NECCESSERY.

IT IS NOT OK TO ASK A FISHER MAN TO ADVICE YOU ON HOW TO HUNT SO IGNORE MOST OF THE POST FROM FISHER MEN. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by troy20(m): 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: The most painful part is when it comes to begging. I can stand for 1 hour begging him.
Just how many days ago, he was angry that my aunty's husband called me.
He's so jealous and practically controls my life. If not that I already have kids, I would have asked him to divorce me.
He has another wife (i'm the first) so whenever he's not talking to me, he'll just face the other wife and abandon me. This breaks me down.

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by bank2k4real(m): 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
Beauty..
Freshness..
Dreams..
Truth..
Imagination..
Feeling..
Faith..
Trust..
This is beginning of a new year!

When d enemies say its over,let man hands over, when man hands over God takes over and when God takes over d devil takes cover n when d devil takes cover man crosses over...Happy. New. Year......

Welcome to 2014......check my signature
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by childofgod12: 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
i'm in a worst situation but i'm happy just call dis numba 07064546045 lets talk.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by ume(m): 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
solution very simple,marriage have its ups and downs just make jesus your best friend and your bible your marriage consultant not a public forum,who knows who else you have told about this, you telling us your husband is a tribalist to gain cheap sympaty,were you forced to marry him ,simply dont speak your dielet in his presence,is it too much for a man to ask,cant you ignor such calls if he is arround
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by crazymommy(f): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
bank2k4real: Beauty..
Freshness..
Dreams..
Truth..
Imagination..
Feeling..
Faith..
Trust..
This is beginning of a new year!

When d enemies say its over,let man hands over, when man hands over God takes over and when God takes over d devil takes cover n when d devil takes cover man crosses over...Happy. New. Year......

Welcome to 2014......check my signature
undecided am confused here,how is everything u wrote related to the topic?
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by leMuhito(f): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
OP... two wrongs don't make a right. Keep begging. He'd change soon.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by jreyez(m): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
The topic says 'hubby won't talk to me' right??

My big question is - Watin concern me sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Update On My Husband Leaving Us / Lady Heartbroken After Her Kid Sister Married Her Husband / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.