Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Hubby Won't Talk To Me. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hubby Won't Talk To Me. (43254 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Hubby Caught Me Using Contraceptives!!! / Her Husband Won't Talk To Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 03, 2014
Lmao
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by True2myself24(f): 4:16am On Jan 03, 2014
You know you can't change your husband unless he wants to himself. You've already told him that you don't like the way you guys argue. Now instead of waiting for him to be the one to change, you change. If you know that his way of handling disagreements is to give you silent treatments and that that is killing you, then fine, be the one to always apologize first. Or keep talking to him and going about your day normally and if he continues to ignore you, just remind yourself that its a childish fit that hes throwing and he'll get over it soon. It's not about right or wrong, but it's about doing what will keep you happy and sane.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: Hello house,

Whenever I have disagreement with hubby, he'll decide not to talk to me. He won't eat my food and also will not sleep on the same bed with me. I'll have to beg and beg before he finally decides to talk to me.
I'm so sick and tired of his attitude. I tried discussing with him that we should look for a better way to resolve issues but he said he doesn't want to discuss anything with me.
We are presently not talking and have promised myself that this year, no more begging and begging. Have apologised to him like thrice since yesterday, i've sent him messages apologising even though I know that i've done nothing wrong.
Now i'm always in my room because even when I go to where he is, he'll stand up and leave d place.
shocked shocked
This is killing me inside. Don't know what to do.
Pls mature advice only.
Mod pls I don't want this thread on front page.

That was your first post
I was about to respond and offer my advice until you hit me with this shocked shocked

shoerack6:
I don't even want to explain what happened cos if I do, u people will help me insult him.
Ok, let me explain. Hubby is a tribalist. He said he doesn't like me speaking this particular language and that's the language I use when communicating with my family.
So yesterday, my aunty called. I tried as much as possible not to speak this language so was just answering her hun, ehn ehn but at the same time I don't want him to think i'm talking with someone I don't want him to know, so I decided to ask after her son in the language. That's where the trouble started oo.
I'm so sick and tired of all this. When I tried begging, he asked me to leave his presence and that was when I asked him if he was trying to frustrate me. He now said these days that my mouth is becoming too sharp and even threatened to slap me.
U
Then I am thinking,there is still some hope here
When I read

shoerack6:
Thanks for your advice but the thing is we have separate room but when it's time to sleep he comes to my room. So practically, when he's angry, he'll decide to sleep in his room.
Yes I have two kids. I've stopped cooking for him whenever is angry cos if I see d food there on the table, I get more heart broken.

And just before I was fully recovered from the first posts you said this shocked shocked shocked

shoerack6: The most painful part is when it comes to begging. I can stand for I hr begging
Just how many days ago, he was angry that my aunty's husband called me.

He's so jealous and practically controls my life. If not that I already have kids, I would have asked him to divorce me.
He has another wife (i'm the first) so whenever he's not talking to me, he'll just face the other wife and abandon me. This breaks me down.

And also shocked shocked shocked

shoerack6:
I already answered. I actually graduated last two years but he refused from going to serve.

And then about your co wife you said

shoerack6:
Yes we stay in the same house and we live happily.
Then back to the situation you said

shoerack6:
I'm actually tired but don't want to leave because of my kids.

Then as I was getting a good grasp of the situation I said hmm
A Muslim woman with two kids for a tribalist polygamist who controls her every move including her associations with family members on the phone.
A man who gets angry ,with violent tendencies and doesn't care reconciling since there is a spare wife around
A man she knows in her heart she ought to leave
what did this wife say shocked shocked shocked
shoerack6:
Thanks so much for your advice.[b] To be candid, he's a good man. [/b]The only problem I think i'm having with him is the silent treatment. Thanks once again.

Maybe I don't know the definition of good
Everything you described here is far from good my dear
Read the highlights
You better wake up
This time next year there could be two other wives
If you think it is hot now,wait till then
There is no advice anyone can give you regarding being happy in a polygamous home
You can never be happy married to a man that you will be lying in bed and hearing moans from your fellow woman across the hallway
No woman born of a woman would tell me she enjoys that
There is no incentive whatsoever for this man to be good to you
He doesn't miss you when you have a disagreement
There is a readily available alternative right under your roof
If he doesn't eat your food,he will eat hers
If both of you are in the dog house,he goes outside to the potential 3rd wife
A polygamous man can never be committed to you and can never be faithful
You can't demand or have all of him,bits of him are everywhere,
The mere fact that he couldn't stick with you as his one and only speaks of his unfaithfulness and lack of commitment
He is allowed to play you all,if he couldn't he will stick with you and work things out with you.
You have two and half options

1. Either stay and collect the little attention he gives you and spend 12 hours of your day begging for love like an Almajiri begging for alms

Or

2. You insist that you want to find you a proper job starting with going for NYSC

Or

2.5 get you a little "undercover lover" to "tidy sequences" when he is doing inyanga ( this is me speaking without the Holy Spirit) grin

No 2 advice is because ,when or if he meets your demand and divorces you ,he may also repossess the so called business he opened for you
So whatever you have with his name on it,is still his including the roof over your head.
He will keep the children and they will become boi boi for the other wives or you get custody but no money to take care of you or them. Islam may permit polygamy,it doesn't mandate polygamy so any man that tells you he is doing it because Islam permits him is using it as a cop out for his infidelity.

24 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by True2myself24(f): 5:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Mmm mmm mmm ^^^ I didn't read the extra info. That's a very interesting husband

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by shizzle11(m): 6:09am On Jan 03, 2014
jennykadry: Lmao
me too....lol
The moment I heard polygamy, I gave up. Well, the op should have expected that at some point, so no surprises really

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by dayokanu(m): 6:10am On Jan 03, 2014
Exactly. With Polygamy its different set of rules and most of the advice are invalid

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 03, 2014
I wonder if there is marital counseling for polygamists
Or maybe he just gets a third wife so the first two can sit up
This one pass baby mama
Maybe she should take it to the Islamic section ,they should be more conversant with that sort of structure

After this thread last year https://www.nairaland.com/1323433/there-happy-polygamous-home
I came to the conclusion that being in a polygamous marriage is like buying a bale of okirika
You already know it is okirika inside
But You don't know if it is grade one two or three until you untie the bale
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by dayokanu(m): 6:23am On Jan 03, 2014
Baby mama:
There is no advice anyone can give you regarding being happy in a polygamous home
You can never be happy married to a man that you will be lying in bed and hearing moans from your fellow woman across the hallway

What if they get a bed big enough to take the 3, 4, 5 or 6 of them?

Abi wetin I talk?

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 03, 2014
SMH
ileobatojo:

Lol! OP doesn't want to share the man when it's 'her turn' as wife. grin
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 03, 2014
dayokanu:

What if they get a bed big enough to take the 3, 4, 5 or 6 of them?

Abi wetin I talk?

grin grin grin
And the man will quench like that stud muffin with 6 wives in Benue that went before he could climb the 4 th one
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 03, 2014
Ma you spoke my mind hundred percent plus more.
I thought of all that but was too lazy to type it grin
I wonder how the Op is managing to convince herself that she's happy.
Just cos she's not ready to face the truth.
Baby mama:

That was your first post
I was about to respond and offer my advice until you hit me with this shocked shocked

U
Then I am thinking,there is still some hope here
When I read

And just before I was fully recovered from the first posts you said this shocked shocked shocked

And also shocked shocked shocked

And then about your co wife you said

Then back to the situation you said

A Muslim woman with two kids for a tribalist polygamist who controls her every move including her associations with family members on the phone.
A man who gets angry ,with violent tendencies and doesn't care reconciling since there is a spare wife around

Read the highlights
You better wake up
The mere fact that he couldn't stick with you as his one and only speaks of his unfaithfulness and lack of commitment
He is allowed to play you all,if he couldn't he will stick with you and work things out with you.

1. Either stay and collect the little attention he gives you and spend 12 hours of your day begging for love like an Almajiri begging for alms

Or

2. You insist that you want to find you a proper job starting with going for NYSC

Or

2.5 get you a little "undercover lover" to "tidy sequences" when he is doing inyanga ( this is me speaking without the Holy Spirit) grin

No 2 advice is because ,when or if he meets your demand and divorces you ,he may also repossess the so called business he opened for you
So whatever you have with his name on it,is still his including the roof over your head.
He will keep the children and they will become boi boi for the other wives or you get custody but no money to take care of you or them. Islam may permit polygamy,it doesn't mandate polygamy so any man that tells you he is doing it because Islam permits him is using it as a cop out for his infidelity.

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by ypepe: 7:26am On Jan 03, 2014
Hmnn, madam, as baby mama said, do take ur case to islamic section. They may help u more.
I still don't c d reason why islamic women don't protest or revolt against this injustice towards them. The worst is ur husband will go and marry ur last child's age mate and yet, dem go siddon de look.
Una well done.

4 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by An0nimus: 7:57am On Jan 03, 2014
baby mama's post though. option 2.5grin

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 03, 2014
Telling themselves that they are happy.
While the beasts of men called their husbands enjoy the injustice they inflict on their wives.
ypepe: Hmnn, madam, as baby mama said, do take ur case to islamic section. They may help u more.
I still don't c d reason why islamic women don't protest or revolt against this injustice towards them. The worst is ur husband will go and marry ur last child's age mate and yet, dem go siddon de look.
Una well done.

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 03, 2014
ypepe: Hmnn, madam, as baby mama said, do take ur case to islamic section. They may help u more.
Una well done.

I think this is Indonesia
The ones on nairaland are afraid to say how they feel in order not to offend the imams in their midst and come off as rebels

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 03, 2014
An0nimus: baby mama's post though. option 2.5grin

Hahahaha
The picture below is exactly how a polygamist man must look IMHO
These women are doing it right
The man is their captive grin
He is almost about to have kwashiorkor while the women look fresh and robust
That husband dare not talk pim ,they will gang up and show him serious pepper

9 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 03, 2014
cheesy
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by ypepe: 8:29am On Jan 03, 2014
Baby mama abeg no kill me!
Look at that man and d wives!
I like their style.

C fine gals. Eew.
Honestly speaking, what pple fail to grab is that they r responsible for their own happiness. Society or religion shouldn't detect to u the criteria u must follow to be happy.

Go and c how women r treated in d north, u will weep. Even some christians there picked after them.

And those idiots in NA r not even helping matters.
I know one day, maybe not in my generation but they will revolt like d minorities did in US.

Cruel and babaric world. There r sane ones that dot on their only wife too.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Beetle: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2014
I don't really post here but I am only posting to defend my religion.

Islam is the only religion that allows monogamous marriage. You might all scream and shout as long as you like but if you all go the ayat in the Quran, this is what it says:

And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course (4:3)

And besides ypepe, there is nowhere in the Quran that says marry a child, the various ayats I've come across all talk
about marrying woman/ women. Just because one person does it doesn't make it exclusive to all muslims.

Shoerack, I'm so sorry I don't have any advice to give you than to talk to your hubby, show him verses from the quran about anger and how to deal with anger. Listen to mufti menk lecture on marriage and dealing with anger. The link is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FterpIbfTqU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBox4hSEHzA

Is there anyone you can talk to? I'm so sorry I don't really know a lot about polygamous home to be able to help you. Just take everything to ALLAH and he will answer all your prayers!!!

5 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Baby mama:

Read the highlights
You better wake up

Or

Or

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by ypepe: 9:35am On Jan 03, 2014
Hei Beetie, just take it cool, will ya?
Don't start what u can't finish.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 03, 2014
Thanks so much everyone.
Baby mama, thanks for your advice. But I don't know if I can still go for NYSC. I mean, where do I start from cos I didn't even collect my call up letter then.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by shizzle11(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2014
Baby mama:

Hahahaha
The picture below is exactly how a polygamist man must look IMHO
These women are doing it right
The man is their captive grin
He is almost about to have kwashiorkor while the women look fresh and robust
That husband dare not talk pim ,they will gang up and show him serious pepper

LWKMD
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by baralatie(m): 10:25am On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: The most painful part is when it comes to begging. I can stand for 1 hour begging him.
He's so jealous and practically controls my life. If not that I already have kids, I would have asked him to divorce me.
He has another wife (i'm the first) so whenever he's not talking to me, he'll just face the other wife and abandon me. This breaks me down.

it seems like u both need to calm down!
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Tallotti: 10:33am On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: Hello house,

Whenever I have disagreement with hubby, he'll decide not to talk to me. He won't eat my food and also will not sleep on the same bed with me. I'll have to beg and beg before he finally decides to talk to me.
I'm so sick and tired of his attitude. I tried discussing with him that we should look for a better way to resolve issues but he said he doesn't want to discuss anything with me.
We are presently not talking and have promised myself that this year, no more begging and begging. Have apologised to him like thrice since yesterday, i've sent him messages apologising even though I know that i've done nothing wrong.
Now i'm always in my room because even when I go to where he is, he'll stand up and leave d place.
This is killing me inside. Don't know what to do.
Pls mature advice only.
Mod pls I don't want this thread on front page.

You are apologising for doing nothing wrong?
You need to toughen up ma'am!
LEARN TO SLEEP IN YOUR OWN ROOM and get a BOB!!!(boyfriend with batteries). . . .nor carry belle o! grin

Stop settiing the FEMINIST movement back.
They worked so hard to get us here!
We are AMAZONS of the new age. kiss

LOCK THE NIGGA OUT OF YOUR ROOM. . .WHILE YOU WEAR YOUR THONG ALL OVER THE HOUSE!

Shioooooooooooooooooooooooor!!!! kiss

When he comes to his senses. . .GIVE HIM YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER to pay THE NECESSARY FINES (of nothing less than 1 Million Naira or the DOLLAR EQUIVALENT cool), before he can EVER EAT THAT YOUR SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEET POOHSIE AGAIN!!!! kiss

Abi you dey find 'fruit of the blokos'? HA! Pele o. . . GO MEET TUFACE IDIBIA abeg. . .or touch HIS GARMENT when he is passing ON YOUR STREET! Angel GABBY PLUS THE HOLY GHOST DON VISIT YOU BE DAT O! kiss

Rubbish!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Tallotti: 10:43am On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6: The most painful part is when it comes to begging. I can stand for 1 hour begging him.

He has another wife ehn?
And you are on NL crying for his blokos?

CHAI!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry

I praise those ABIOLA CONCUBINES for giving him 13% bastards I swear! grin
If na me ehn?
HE WILL HAVE TO TRAIN 3 OR 4 BASTARDS. . . BEFORE HE FINDS THE REAL DNA!

Shiooooooooooooooooooooor!!!! cool
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 03, 2014
If your husby does not like you talking in that language when you are together why not tell your aunty you will call her back then call her at a time when you are free to speak in whatever language you choose avoid offending your husband.

About him facing the other wife and abandoning you well i guess he is trying to punish you and put you in your place by now you should know your husband is the controlling type, you too concentrate on your self when he is not paying you attention. Find interesting things to do with your time and stop making him the all in all of your life. You have to find a way to persuade him to let you go for service,get a job to create a life for yourself.

Your husband seems the difficult type don't bother trying to change him just look for ways you can be happy inspite of the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by tintingz(m): 10:49am On Jan 03, 2014
Baby mama:

Read the highlights
You better wake up
Maybe you should keep shut and let the people from happy polygamous home give her the advise, you don't know the husband or how good or bad he's so the wife saying the husband is a good man maybe right to her she might be the one causing trouble in the house.

You don't have to jump to conclusion if the man will take in another wife, stop making it as if the OP is in a bad marriage with the man, there should be more to this disagreement with her hubby, the way some women behave in a polygamous can piss some men off.

So pleas keep shut and let the people from a polygamous home give her the good advice.

I can see your feminist rant in this post. There are many happy polygamous home where wives live under same roof, like the OP said herself she's happy with the second wife you don't have to generalize your bias mind to others.

OP I will advise you talk to your husband to get you or the other wife another apartment if you don't like seeing your hubby with the second wife, Islam fully want equality and just treatment between the wives from the man if the man can't hold on to it he should marry one wife or else he will give his account to Allah how he treats his wives.

OP don't let anybody make you seems you are in a bad home thank God you didn't post if your hubby beats or else that will be another case, like have said in my previous post kindly meet with the hubby relatives and discuss things out or meet an imam or any Islamic cleric about this issue. Many women in this thread are wannabe feminist don't listen to their biased advice.

He is allowed to play you all,
if he couldn't he will stick with you and work things out with you.
Can you shut the f**** up, who told you a polygamous man cannot be faithful? What do you know about being faithful? Like have said let the people from polygamous home give an advice, Mrs baby whatever please keep your advice to yourself.

@OP I'm from a polygamous home and I can tell you that my father was very faithful to both wives, it takes a real responsible man to treat his wives justly which my father did, one of the thing he did was not making both wives live under same roof but the children from the second wife lived with us so we are very close like kilode we are friends and behave like brothers from same mother. So if your are not comfy with the second wife around you guys should be separated kindly talk to your hubby about this.

Or

Or

This is bull crap! OP kindly make things work out right I have given you some advices above.

Is this an advice or what, you just display you biased feminist crap, OP like have said in Islam divorce is allowed if you are not happy with the marriage, but that shouldn't be the next step now. A man who doesn't treat his wives equally(which is hard) will give his account before Allah that's why Allah said in the Quran "just marry one" you are a muslim lady kindly seek an advice from muslims that knows a lot about marriages according to sharia law, avoid any advice from this wannabes they will make your marriage look very bad.

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 03, 2014
Tallotti:
He has another wife ehn?
And you are on NL crying for his blokos?
CHAI!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry
I praise those ABIOLA CONCUBINES for giving him 13% bastards I swear! grin
If na me ehn?
HE WILL HAVE TO TRAIN 3 OR 4 BASTARDS. . . BEFORE HE FINDS THE REAL DNA!
Shiooooooooooooooooooooor!!!! cool
Tallotti ooooooo grin grin grin you have killed me. I can't stop laughing. LMAO
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2014
tintingz: Maybe you should keep shut and let the people from happy polygamous home give her the advise, you don't know the husband or how good or bad he's so the wife saying the husband is a good man maybe right to her she might be the one causing trouble in the house.

You don't have to jump to conclusion if the man will take in another wife, stop making it as if the OP is in a bad marriage with the man, there should be more to this disagreement with her hubby, the way some women behave in a polygamous can piss some men off.

So pleas keep shut and let the people from a polygamous home give her the good advice.

I can see your feminist rant in this post. There are many happy polygamous home where wives live under same roof, like the OP said herself she's happy with the second wife you don't have to generalize your bias mind to others.

OP I will advise you talk to your husband to get you or the other wife another apartment if you don't like seeing your hubby with the second wife, Islam fully want equality and just treatment between the wives from the man if the man can't hold on to it he should marry one wife or else he will give his account to Allah how he treats his wives.

OP don't let anybody make you seems you are in a bad home thank God you didn't post if your hubby beats or else that will be another case, like have said in my previous post kindly meet with the hubby relatives and discuss things out or meet an imam or any Islamic cleric about this issue. Many women in this thread are wannabe feminist don't listen to their biased advice.

Can you shut the f**** up, who told you a polygamous cannot be faithful? What do you know about being faithful? Like have said let the people from polygamous home give an advice, Mrs baby whatever please keep your advice to yourself.

@OP I'm from a polygamous home and I can tell you that my father was very faithful to both wives, it takes a real responsible man to treat his wives justly which my father did, one of the thing he did was not making both wives live under same roof but the children from the second wife lived with us so we are very close like kilode we are friends and behave like brothers from same mother. So if your are not comfy with the second wife around you guys should be separated kindly talk to your hubby about this.

This is bull crap! OP kindly make things work out right I have given you some advices above.

Is this an advice or what, you just display you biased feminist crap, OP like have said in Islam divorce is allowed if you are not happy with the marriage, but that shouldn't be the next step now. A man who doesn't treat his wives equally(which is hard) will give his account before Allah that's why Allah said in the Quran "just marry one" you are a muslim lady kindly seek an advice from muslims that knows a lot about marriages according to sharia law, avoid any advice from this wannabes they will make your marriage look very bad.

Thanks so much. I don't even have any problem living with her in the same house. She's not a problem at all.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Guys,

I know we are all trying to help but let's be sensitive to other people's religious beliefs. Regilion sometimes does not make sense but people still believe and that is why it is called faith.

Poster, please take this to the Islam section on Nairaland and I am sure you will find people who will give you good advice according to Islamic law. Unfortunately, I do not understand how a polygamous home can be happy but someone else may understand how.

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by tintingz(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2014
shoerack6:
Thanks so much. I don't even have any problem living with her in the same house. She's not a problem at all.
That's good, I guess the problem is only between you and your hubby. Please keep to my advice, I don't understand why a man shouldn't let you speak your own language this is very wrong kindly talk to him about this you have your very right to speak your language unless you guys have other disagreement you didn't disclose to us.

I pray things work out right for you. smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / Lady Heartbroken After Her Kid Sister Married Her Husband / Father Forces 13-Year-Old Daughter To Marry 56-Year-Old Man With 3 Wives In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.