Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (36427 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Suspected Attitude Of Each Dude/lady In The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
I think it's more of poverty and less of greed.... I'm gonna put some statistics into perspective....

1) Youth unemployment in Nigeria is roughly 60% and for a female Nigerian youth, it might even be higher. Dependency on men is mostly economically driven and over time becomes a culture.

People that think Nigerian women are greedy need a rethink. If you deprive over half of your population an economic means, dependency is inevitable.

2) Half of the women employed in Nigeria are underemployed, so a university graduate with a valuable degree might be working as a female secretary....

3) How about some cultures' attitude toward women? Some families still refuse to send their female children to school and some even give their male children preferential treatments over their female offsprings. This therefore implies that male children have a better head start compared to their female counterparts.

4) How about inheritance laws ? Vast huge sums of money and wealth are mostly given to male children, so they become better off than their female sisters...

If our government is serious in reducing youth unemployment, every youth, including our women will be empowered.

Nigeria is a failed state with a failing government. As long as we have this useless government, our women are gonna keep depending on us.

8 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jakesund(m): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Harbosede02: Op,u are daft#no offence,u knw y i said so?cos of d way u tink,wtf!!how dare u generalise!itz nt all naija babes dat ask their guy 4 tinz,every1 has a different way of thinking some gurls tink wen they are dating a guy d guy sud spend all he has on them,while some tink d orda way round!carry out ur research very well next tym b4 u cum hr and start spitting awt trash!
#complimentsgrin

spoken like a true pained b.......h...sad

from their anger they shall be known... shocked

should I send b.I.s money cheesy grin

13 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Matilde1: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
who get sagem charger to borrow me ooo, my battery is down.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra: Abeg I won take loan,who fit borrow me?

How wide u fit open ur legs before i go give u d loan? grin

@topic, spirit of ashawoism (money for hand, back for ground) dey worry dem.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kandiikane(m): 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
jmoore:

1-The girl is giving the boy sex<>The boy is giving the girl sex= Balanced.

2-Money is only leaking from the boy's pocket=Inequality.

BTW #Teamzipup

That's not how your forefathers saw it. Sex was just for the man and he had to earn it by paying for it.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Haunted: 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Encouragement from the nigerian men.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kingpin0308(m): 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
If u ask me na wu i g0 ask? My 2nd mind said u shd ask 0runmila.
*just my mind*
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by weebay(m): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
Its poverty and also an unwillingness to grow up. Poverty on the part that We live in a society where people can't afford nor access some of the most basic things of life.. And unwillingness to grow up on the part that some of these babes just want to enjoy the finer things of life without having to work for it..I don't blame guys when they objectify women because some of them see themseleves as items or objects (hence the snapping of yur ass and boobs using it as yur dp...shouting "selling point") to be looked after.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jmoore(m): 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane:

That's not how your forefathers saw it. Sex was just for the man and he had to earn it by paying for it.

Nope!! I am for marital sex and not for premarital sex.

It is not the duty of the bf to take care of the needs of his gf. She is not his wife. Draw the line

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by dokunbam(m): 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
sit back relax and read
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kandiikane(m): 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
jmoore:

Nope!! I am for marital sex and not for premarital sex.

It is not the duty of the bf to take care of the needs of his gf. She is not his wife. Draw the line
So what the point of being in a premarital relationship. If you see a woman you like hit her on the head with a club and drag her to your house to be your wife.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by squaddy(m): 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Asable: why do guys depend on der gf for sex why dont dey meet there mothers? guys abeg ans dat question then i will tell u y u need to take care of ur babes

You sound like a prostitute...no doubt you exchange sex for money...when next you are Hot, meet you father or your brother to screw you bitch

5 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Orikinla(m): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
Many of these girls are just exchanging their body for money and gifts and not for friendship and love and without apologies and regrets I call them dogs, because they behave like dogs.

It is laziness and greed combined.
That is why majority of them are re-tarded.
And their mothers are their best pimps.

My best advice, simply accept them as they come. And when you are ready to marry, you would have known the good, the bad and the ugly among the dogs. And settle for the good dog.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Deiok(m): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
They are just greedy thats all.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jmoore(m): 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane:
So what the point of being in a premarital relationship. If you see a woman you like hit her on the head with a club and drag her to your house to be your wife.

What type of question is that?

kandiikane: That's not how your forefathers saw it. Sex was just for the man and he had to earn it by paying for it.

The description you gave is prostitution.

3 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
Stop giving them money unless if you so desire. I still cant get my head around the reason why Nigerian ladies have that mentality.

Though most African ladies here in UK would rather date other Africans except Nigerians, the only good generalisation they seem to make about them is that Nigerian guys love to spend in relationships than other Africans. It is also an issue with other African guys who hate the way you entice their ladies with money (ask South African and Ghanaian guys).

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Aystarz: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
I believe it's the society. Their moms and dads bring them up with such condescending mentality, and when they get out they meet men whose 'wooing tech' is all 'what I would do for u if u be my blablabla...I'll buy u dis and dat...I'll change u' . Mind u, even brokebottom guys woo them in this way. So, dont blame the poor-innocent-buh- greedy girl, lay the blame on the society.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by davida222(m): 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
99% Of Nigerian Girls does this shiit; some of my frnds in the Uk said it too, they say is Poverty and greed.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by lafuria1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
obo_man: I think it's more of poverty and less of greed.... I'm gonna put some statistics into perspective....

1) Youth unemployment in Nigeria is roughly 60% and for a female Nigerian youth, it might even be higher. Dependency on men is mostly economically driven and over time becomes a culture.

People that think Nigerian women are greedy need a rethink. If you deprive over half of your population an economic means, dependency is inevitable.

2) Half of the women employed in Nigeria are underemployed, so a university graduate with a valuable degree might be working as a female secretary....

3) How about some cultures' attitude toward women? Some families still refuse to send their female children to school and some even give their male children preferential treatments over their female offsprings. This therefore implies that male children have a better head start compared to their female counterparts.

4) How about inheritance law ? Vast huge sums of money and wealth are mostly given to male children, so they become better off than their female sisters...

If our government is serious in reducing youth unemployment, every youth, including our women will be empowered.

Nigeria is a failed state with a failing government. As long as we have this useless government, our women are gonna keep depending on us.
You have said it all.
Reason why ladies in some foreign countries like USA or UK are not dependent on the man is because they can find a part time job and earn a decent living. There is also social security or unemployment benefits. Every one is able to hustle for money but Nigeria being a failed country, nothing is happening.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
jakesund:

spoken like a true pained b.......h...sad

from their anger they shall be known... shocked

should I send b.I.s money cheesy grin
OMG...did u read wat i posted or u just quoted my post without thinking twice??
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
Must u guys generalise 4 heaven sake??wtf!!sad
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by gedtalks(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
uj_sizzle: Why don't you ask the dependent girls?

Classic !!!

just like diamond This kind of chic is rare . Others are the MASS PRODUCTIONS .......And they are just everywhere.

Even on Nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kandiikane(m): 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
jmoore:

What type of question is that?

The description you gave is prostitution.

Well then I guess our forefathers use to prostitute their daughters and the daughters carried it on. Indirect prostitution.

Read and try to understand the question.

If you don't want to earn a punny stay celibate or phuck a goat.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by sweetestguy(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
For mr its foolishness, dats y de go for d highesy bidder,,most of dem,if d husband shud die,na abject poverty be dat
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Everyday Nigerian girls' yabbing thread. SMH
Una no dey tire?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jmoore(m): 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane:

Well then I guess our forefathers use to prostitute their daughters and the daughters carried it on. Indirect prostitution.

Read and try to understand the question.

If you don't want to earn a punny stay celibate or phuck a goat.

Dude! I am not an advocate of premarital sex. Talk about your own forefathers not ours.

You think all men got wandering di** smh

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by leonard509(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
sexylogan:

The only exceptions i came across were some of the ladies who were raised abroad and a few who were born in upper class families.

Those ones have a very different mentality.
. .yes its pure porverty. .yes pure porverty. .well na d boyfriends concern. .i dnt need a girlfriend nw. .dat will b 4 wen i'll be a graduate,not only that. Wen i start earning my own money. .then i'll search 4 a wife,,not even a girlfriend. All diz girlfriend and boyfriend of a thing are for kids who don't cherish their future . .DATZ ALL
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by lafuria1(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Harbosede02: Must u guys generalise 4 heaven sake??wtf!!sad
How do you want people not to generalise? Generalizations is just a human reaction , we all generalise, mostly subconsciously.. Best thing is to ignore if one is not guilty of it. I have learnt notbe bbothered with generalisation
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Mishydoo(m): 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naija girls matta again?
Fø̲̣̣я̅ dia head " bf" is synonymous with "office"!

One bf one office;plenty bfs equals business center...

3 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by blackbeau1(f): 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
So,when its time to wash your clothes,cook your meals,keep your house clean ,grace your bed and in some cases,go to your parents place to help out,there are no complaints. Abi,u don't know its your mothers responsibility? When its tym to foot her bills,it automatically becomes her fathers responsibilty. I'm not saying its right for a girl to put all her financial responsibility on her bf but if she decides to,keep quiet and take care of it.she puts up wiv all your 'nonesense' afterall
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Dxpolymath(m): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
Harbosede02: Op,u are daft#no offence,u knw y i said so?cos of d way u tink,wtf!!how dare u generalise!itz nt all naija babes dat ask their guy 4 tinz,every1 has a different way of thinking some gurls tink wen they are dating a guy d guy sud spend all he has on them,while some tink d orda way round!carry out ur research very well next tym b4 u cum hr and start spitting awt trash!
#complimentsgrin
Like seriously? U call somone DAFT den write “no offence“? guess dis is anoda part of d majority of “modern“ nigerian ladies being exhibited here,(selfish,disrespectful,loquacious and rude)....smh maybe dat wud b d discussion for anoda day.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kennyamusan(m): 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
1 Inherent genetic stupidity. 2 Poverty. 3 Greed. 4 E.T.C

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

*Types Of Spirits That Delay Your Marriages* / Reasons You Should Get Married Later In Life / How Do I Turn Him Down And Not Hurt Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.