Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (36439 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Suspected Attitude Of Each Dude/lady In The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Bizibi(m): 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
I look at such girls as lazy bumps but I blame some guys and potbelly men who use money as the only avenue to woo a girl,it is now a culture among girls and if it gets out of hand it will make bachelors both rich and poor to look elsewhr outside Nigeria
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Adaeze003(f): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
Poverty! Yep poverty. Just because they jump around looking flashy doesn't mean they have money. Some of them don't even eat @ home sef ts why they always want to eat out lipsrsealed. It's all part of keeping up apearance and 'feeling among' so for it to continue, you have to give em your hard earned money tongue.

I feel sorry for guys who spend more than half their salary just to keep a girl oh oh nope I don't feel sorry for em after all they get what they want tongue.

Come to think of it, why are you guys complaining? I was on a thread the other day and guys were explaining to me why he can't date a classy girl. They said guys consider the amount of money they'll spend for her shopping by assessing their clothes, shoes and etc. That is to say that you guys walk into relationships with this mind set even before she asks so deal with it jor tongue.

And if you don't want to/cant deal with it say NO! Shikina if she treatens you show her the damn door. Stop whining!!!

6 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by brightnelly(f): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Adaeze003: Poverty! Yep poverty. Just because they jump around looking flashy doesn't mean they have money. Some of them don't even eat @ home sef ts why they always want to eat out lipsrsealed. It's all part of keeping up apearance and 'feeling among' so for it to continue, you have to give em your hard eaned money tongue.

I feel sorry for guys who spend more than half their salary just to keep a girl oh oh nope I don't feel sorry for em after all they get what they want tongue.

Come to think of it, why are you guys complaining? I was on a thread the other day and guys were explaining to me why he can't date a classy girl. They said guys consider the amount of money they'll spend for her shopping by assessing their clothes, shoes and etc. That is to say that you guys walk into relationships with this mind set even before she asks so deal with it jor tongue.

And if you don't want to/cant deal with it say NO! Shikina if she treatens you show her the damn door. Stop whining!!!
I love you adaeze wink
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jakesund(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Harbosede02: OMG...did u read wat i posted or u just quoted my post without thinking twice??

I read your post thoroughly and truth be told I'm not surprised... the thread owner was stating his opinion and was asking what we all think about the Nigerian girl over dependent mentality..

if you were so different as you're trying to portray your Ill mannered self, courtesy demands you politely state your opinion and leave...

you went all out calling the thread owner "DAFT" for stating his opinion which last time I checked he's entitled to...

it hurts when you see people talking about the kinda person you are... which is over dependent and greedy...

THREE ADVICE FOR YOU...

-GET SOME MANNERS...

-STOP BEING DEPENDENT ON YOUR BOYFRIEND

- AND STOP TRYING SO HARD TO PROVE YOU'RE DIFFERENT JUST TO GET A BOYFRIEND ON NAIRALAND

NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOU shocked

6 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jakesund(m): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
Adaeze003: Poverty! Yep poverty. Just because they jump around looking flashy doesn't mean they have money. Some of them don't even eat @ home sef ts why they always want to eat out lipsrsealed. It's all part of keeping up apearance and 'feeling among' so for it to continue, you have to give em your hard eaned money tongue.

spoken like a true independent lady..smiley

you rock!!!

finally a matured nairaland lady...

adaeze what can we do about the low life, greedy, dependent attention seeking girls on nairaland trying so hard to prove they are all that....

call the exterminator?? cheesy
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by rman: 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
thymedcurry: If a guy is bold enough to ask a woman for sex, the woman should be bold enough to ask him for money.

Your definition above is called PROSTITUTION Not a relationship.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2014

well said...
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by STENON(f): 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
I tink tis hightime we stopped all dis stupidity ideas n Generalisations.....Not all ladies do demand for money or oda tins frm guys........Tis evn a tin of Great joy for a lady 2b proud of herself at evryspheres of life/@ any areas of life u cm across ur EX.....Y must u collect frm d so called guys??.......Pls ladies ..we av to wake up........Pls let bail ourselves out frm all dis Beliefs
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by okechukwu2013: 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
A very wrong orientation that have been firmly entrenched and which I don't see changing any time soon. What a shame
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by migeoart(f): 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
I like this topic! smileythe answer is basically GREED,LAZINESS and POVERTY,in terms of greed so many ladies wants to be d most sophisticated so that probably their friends will either admire them or envy them and the poor guy dating them is working his ass out just to satisfy her long lasting demands!my advice on this is!Ladies pls,abeg relationship is not an act of punishment 4 God's sake no 1 forced you to date a guy,also 4 case of poverty is unfortunate dat our great country is in dis state,buh still try ur best to be hardworking and if u are dating a guy,pls if the guy has he should support also its nt bad and its so sad to c most modern ladies been sooooo Lazy u dnt wat to work but u want a guy to be ur ATM!No man will marry a liability buckle up Ladies!earn ur pride and dignity as a woman tru handwork,trust me no guy will treat u anyhw if u also earn money and support!!an adage says "if both hands wash each order it becomes cleaner" and dat is the case of relationship!!

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jelel6: 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
thymedcurry: If a guy is bold enough to ask a woman for sex, the woman should be bold enough to ask him for money.
PUBLIC PROPERTY-!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Adaeze003(f): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
brightnelly:
I love you adaeze wink

Awwww cheesy

jakesund:
spoken like a true independent lady..smiley
you rock!!!
finally a matured nairaland lady...
adaeze what can we do about the low life, greedy, dependent attention seeking girls on nairaland trying so hard to prove they are all that....
call the exterminator?? cheesy

Lol @ exterminator. But the thing is that guys encourage it. If you don't wanna spend heavily then don't. It is really that easy. Buying gifts once in a while is ok and should be done by both parties according to pocket size but when a girl expects you to carry all her problems on her head? That's just silly.

To stop such mentality, girls should be encouraged to find something doing and make their own money. Also, they should learn to be content and cut their coats according to their cloth!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
Adaeze003:
But the thing is that guys encourage it. If you don't wanna spend heavily then don't. It is really that easy. Buying gifts once in a while is ok and should be done by both parties according to pocket size but when a girl expects you to carry all her problems on her head? That's just silly.

To stop such mentality, girls should be encouraged to find something doing and make their own money. Also, they should learn to be content and cut their coats according to their cloth!
w0w, ur parents did a gr8 j0b.... Kip it UP

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Angelstartups(f): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
It may be a bit harsh to think if a lady seems dependent on a man,its greed,poverty and all sorts.What do you say to this when your younger sibling asks you for financial help?is he or she poor or greedy?Not necessarily.Look at it this way,your younger siblings look up to you and hope you can help,ladies look upto their men in the same vein because this is how the creator made it.And maybe you need to show her what she can do to be financially independent.It gets out of hand though when its too much.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Pamcrest(f): 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naija ladies expect these things because Naija men aren't romantic and they can only show love through giving of gifts or spending money on their woman.
But ladies, don't get too greedy and demanding heaven n earth.....pity d guy! Also give him a gift too once in a while.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
It is wrong orientation. A man is supposed to provide, true, but that man MUST ehther be your HUSBAND, FATHER or in some cases guardians. At the early stages of a relationship (say two weeks) and she asks for money for house rent, FLEE.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by brightnelly(f): 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
Adaeze003:

Awwww cheesy

Lol @ exterminator. But the thing is that guys encourage it. If you don't wanna spend heavily then don't. It is really that easy. Buying gifts once in a while is ok and should be done by both parties according to pocket size but when a girl expects you to carry all her problems on her head? That's just silly.

well said!! increasing my LOVE for you to 2,000,000% grin
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
feeekey: Sorry wats today's date?
em its not 13 febuary yet *14 feb tinz*
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kandiikane(m): 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
jmoore:

Dude! I am not an advocate of premarital sex. Talk about your own forefathers not ours.

You think all men got wandering di** smh

You still don't get the point.

If you get a woman easy, you complain, call her a slut ho etc
If she makes you work hard for her, you called her a prostitute.
I am certain many would rather be a prostitute that a slut.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by FearGodinall: 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
Looking at it is bit funny but that's the reality now you may think is poverty so you try to get them busy so that dependence would not be there but the reverse is the case.Some times ago I share such issue with a lady and she said that's the reason they have you so is your responsibility as long you are with them,looking at the whole thing is the impression they have that had become part of their lives.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by ipromise: 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
#1. Rule of engagement- if a lady cant make one, she has no right to tell a man when, and where to create one..show her exit door, she is 36 yrs still searching for husband product..
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Godhelpus: 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
No cause for control,Everything is under alarm.....
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Icy4real: 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
I'll say its mentality. I'm a lady and i dont tink i nid a man to pay for my hairdo or buy me clothes. A woman is suppose to look gud for herself not for some guy. I'm married but if he chose to do all this stuff for me i wont say no but then he is nt under any compulsion. I chose to fix myself up bcause i feel gud wen i look gud.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by hollandis(f): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
You guys are lame.Girls everywhere are the same.Have you ever asked why there are prostitutes in rich nations? Most girls are materialistic.Coincendentlly Girls from much poorer countries are less materialistic than their counter parts from developed nations

Quit judging Nigerian Girls, it is nauseating
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jakesund(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Icy4real: I'll say its mentality. I'm a lady and i dont tink i nid a man to pay for my hairdo or buy me clothes. A woman is suppose to look gud for herself not for some guy. I'm married but if he chose to do all this stuff for me i wont say no but then he is nt under any compulsion. I chose to fix myself up bcause i feel gud wen i look gud.

well said ma smiley
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Alexanderpope(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
It all depends on the lady and her mentality. Guys too are to blame by giving them the impression that it is our born responsibility to do those things for them. Me I give because I want to and not because I am in a friendship you.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Sike(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
Those ones that depend on their BF are just thief! #ShootMe
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jakesund(m): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
hollandis: You guys are lame.Girls everywhere are the same.Have you ever asked why there are prostitutes in rich nations? Most girls are materialistic.Coincendentlly Girls from much poorer countries are less materialistic than their counter parts from developed nations

Quit judging Nigerian Girls, it is nauseating

another mannerless brat sad

why can't you state your opinion without insulting first....

all theses girls with low self esteem claiming queen Elizabeth on nairaland ...I weep for you sad

y'all need moral lessons from adaeze smiley

4 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by warrior101: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
Lovetinz: Its Peer pressure and ignorance.

Best comment but only two likes...

@topic- its my own words its greed
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by hollandis(f): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
jakesund:

another mannerless brat sad

why can't you state your opinion without insulting first....

all theses girls with low self esteem claiming queen Elizabeth on nairaland ...I weep for you sad

y'all need moral lessons from adaeze smiley
your mother is a brat .Your sisters are brats .All living and dead female members of your households are brats ONYOSHI
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by monie(f): 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
I have lived in 2 continents, lived in nigeria for 20 something years before living for canada abt 3yrs ago. The difference is clear, first of all there is contentment here, u dnt see poverty steering at u in d face, u dnt see ppl unemployed for months, I live in calgary where there is 2% unemployment, if u loose ur job u file for unemployment benefit where half of your former salary is given to u monthly until u can get another job.

Now let me come to topic, is plain prostitution, when I see my friends who do not work and havnt worked since they left school uploading pics of cars and BlackBerry and bags and shoes, it just breaks my heart. They call it runs, what is runs? I went last year for 3mnts (needed the long vacation) and kinda knew why it is this bad.

It is poverty, orientation from day one, peer pressure, environment. When I was in school in nigeria I had to look good everyday, my mum spent money on my clothes and I had sisters(4) so I dressed well. When I came here to school I saw that some of my classmates wore one shirt for a week, they dnt have that time. And they performed so well I had to ditch the gaging mentality and face my studies squarely. I mean if I am dressing well and having B+ and someone doesn't and is having A+ who wld look at me?

Sadly it wnt end, sometime later someone will raise this topic again,as long as there is unemployment in Nigeria and I better pass u mentality and poverty and no middle class this(runs) will be the order of the day.

That's what I think

12 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by hollandis(f): 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
monie: I have lived in 2 continents, lived in nigeria for 20 something years before living for canada abt 3yrs ago. The difference is clear, first of all there is contentment here, u dnt see poverty steering at u in d face, u dnt see ppl unemployed for months, I live in calgary where there is 2% unemployment, if u loose ur job u file for unemployment benefit where half of your former salary is given to u monthly until u can get another job.

Now let me come to topic, is plain prostitution, when I see my friends who do not work and havnt worked since they left school uploading pics of cars and BlackBerry and bags and shoes, it just breaks my heart. They call it runs, what is runs? I went last year for 3mnts (needed the long vacation) and kinda knew why it is this bad.

It is poverty, orientation from day one, peer pressure, environment. When I was in school in nigeria I had to look good everyday, my mum spent money on my clothes and I had sisters(4) so I dressed well. When I came here to school I saw that some of my classmates wore one shirt for a week, they dnt have that time. And they performed so well I had to ditch the gaging mentality and face my studies squarely. I mean if I am dressing well and having B+ and someone doesn't and is having A+ who wld look at me?

Sadly it wnt end, sometime later someone will raise this topic again,as long as there is unemployment in Nigeria and I better pass u mentality and poverty and no middle class this(runs) will be the order of the day.

That's what I think

Canada ?where there are prostitutes up and down.They call themselves escorts.Please standard of life in Nigeria and Canada are almost the same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

6 Basic Things That Turns Ladies On. / Abiriba Man, Ejindu, Who Is To Marry 2 Women Does Different Wedding Banners / Reasons You Should Get Married Later In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.