Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (36443 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Suspected Attitude Of Each Dude/lady In The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Ghost01(m): 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Poverty and the lack of class.

It's not all of our girls sha. Some will even offer to pay for your drink, literally and metaphorically.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Oliveronline: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Asable: why do guys depend on der gf for sex why dont dey meet there mothers? guys abeg ans dat question then i will tell u y u need to take care of ur babes
are guys de only ones dat enjoy de sex...dnt u enjoy it wen ur bf give it to u.we are de ones even loosing simtin hia....our strenght nd sperm. grin
Asable: why do guys depend on der gf for sex why dont dey meet there mothers? guys abeg ans dat question then i will tell u y u need to take care of ur babes
are guys de only ones dat enjoy de sex...dnt u enjoy it wen ur bf give it to u.we are de ones even loosing simtin hia....our strenght nd sperm.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by davida222(m): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Some of my frends just change their mind about dating a Nigeerian lady, after reading this.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
obo_man: I think it's more of poverty and less of greed.... I'm gonna put some statistics into perspective....

1) Youth unemployment in Nigeria is roughly 60% and for a female Nigerian youth, it might even be higher. Dependency on men is mostly economically driven and over time becomes a culture.

People that think Nigerian women are greedy need a rethink. If you deprive over half of your population an economic means, dependency is inevitable.

2) Half of the women employed in Nigeria are underemployed, so a university graduate with a valuable degree might be working as a female secretary....

3) How about some cultures' attitude toward women? Some families still refuse to send their female children to school and some even give their male children preferential treatments over their female offsprings. This therefore implies that male children have a better head start compared to their female counterparts.

4) How about inheritance laws ? Vast huge sums of money and wealth are mostly given to male children, so they become better off than their female sisters...

If our government is serious in reducing youth unemployment, every youth, including our women will be empowered.

Nigeria is a failed state with a failing government. As long as we have this useless government, our women are gonna keep depending on us.

I quite disagree with you.....it is not poverty though it might be a factor but greed is more of it..........here is an example

I visited a friend in UI while I was in Nigeria, during my visit a friend of my friend's room-mate came in and asked the room-mate for a pair of matching earrings to her dress whilst holding her own earrings (another colour that perfectly goes with the dress) . I asked her why she is not using hers and she told me she was about to when she realised her friend has the colour that matches the dress more.

N.B: She was just going for lectures o

I had to ask my friend who confirmed my suspicion what the friend did was a usual thing among them

.....that is why they cannot do without asking in a relationship

Personally, I have always been conscious of friends I eventually pick as close ones. Two characteristics they must have are contentment and independence (material stuffs).....I have only found two of them throughout my primary and secondary

Thus, not all Nigerian ladies but only those who apparently grew up with parents who also exhibit such......

While growing up it was punishable in my family to borrow (talk-less of asking or receiving) whatsoever from others we have to ask them first; the purchase of that item then depends on the availability of cash and its importance (unimportant items are usually things they think we can do without)......This is the same criteria I use when people ask me for things or when I need something.

8 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by oyomzee4(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
deeplow: Neither of the two,it is plainly due to wrong orientation and upbringing. I know a girl who is from a wealthy family,and still believes a guy must give her everything. I asked her why,she said that is how it should be,and that's what her mother told her.

At the same time,you'll see girls who are from families where they barely can afford 3 square meals, that still believe a boyfriend isn't their saviour from poverty.waoh...I am totally on the same page with you

Would we say greed and poverty is responsible for Armed robbery? If so,80% of Nigerians would be thieves.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
gedtalks:

4 million . Good deal !!! Provided you :

tongue let me srew the hell outta ALL the holes in your body. Esp your butt hole till poop starts dripping whever you go. Then I'll be buying you gifts like diapers (pampers).

No problem as long as I bring a man along since you are BI.By the way,I wud also like to watch him stick his fingers inside ur as.s.holeeee.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by claremont(m): 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nairalanders and insults sha. Chei! grin
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by dinachi(m): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Where are the apostles of Feminism who believe in equality? Why should the man be the one to pay? Why can't the woman pay?

4 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra:

Pls what is yuan?Is he the producer of pounds and dollars.I wud like to meet him. cheesy

Lwkmd, good question to funny teacher.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
Harbosede02: Op,u are daft#no offence,u knw y i said so?cos of d way u tink,wtf!!how dare u generalise!itz nt all naija babes dat ask their guy 4 tinz,every1 has a different way of thinking some gurls tink wen they are dating a guy d guy sud spend all he has on them,while some tink d orda way round!carry out ur research very well next tym b4 u cum hr and start spitting awt trash!
#complimentsgrin
No be fight o, just calm down ehh.. we now know that u are not one of them. You even give to ur boo.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Where do people encounter these kinda girls though?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Just like op said, girls who believe their bf should shoulder their responsibilities are usually ignorant, of low quality and lazy.

Real women think differently.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Leave the babes and blame the guys wey dey fall our hand, abi na gun she dey take collect the pepper. Imagine a student paying his gf fees and feeding while the gal concentrates on buying clothes forself.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by sol2galay: 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
the truth of it all is that average nigerian girls lack thinking ability,i was just arguing dis with a particiular girl today she said even she is working and earn millions monthly that she cant spend her money even to buy cooking salt.that as long as he remain his husband all expenses will be bore by him.i was trying to put her through..guess what she said "pls change this topic i dont want u to be singing sermon on me".to be flank i am really tired our nigrrian girls.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by T4Tsolomon(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
The fact is that a girl does not to work in a big company before she should be able to take care of themselves and neither do they need a guy to cater for their needs...all this can change if a guy and a gal are married then the gals soles responsibility bcomes d guys own.....but looking at low self esteem at which ladies nowadays behave,its pure laziness and greediness even though its their parents/guardians responsibility...
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kullozone(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane: Lol you wan a woman but you nor wan work for am? Foolish men! Go ashawo joint now. It will be cheaper foe you. Nansense.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by adezjamz(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
Harbosede02: Must u guys generalise 4 heaven sake??wtf!!sad

Don't prove a saint joooo.
U̶̲̥̅̊ girls had mistaken relationship for a way of living in 9ja. Bring this bring that
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Broschocolata: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
weavon and phones are the most expensive things most girls buy for themselves.

Blouses and jeans ....*naija girls thank God for Okrika..

So why is OP asking if its poverty. Its obvious naaa!!!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
sexylogan: I have had discussions with several of my female acquaintances and work colleagues over the issue of the "Responsibilities" of a boyfriend in a relationship and to my dismay, almost all had the same beliefs. Most of them believed that their boyfriends wer the ones saddled with the responsibilities of

-paying for their new hair-do

-buying them new fones

-sending them airtime regularly

-giving them monetry allowances

-buying them clothes and shoes....etc

The list is endless.

Most even argued that if he (their bf) wants them to look good, he must be ready to spend.

In my mind i was like "WTF!" isnt that their father's responsibilty?

The only exceptions i came across were some of the ladies who were raised abroad and a few who were born in upper class families.

Those ones have a very different mentality. They believed that it was after getting a gud education and subsequently a gud job wud they be able to take care of themselves and buy watever they need.

The scenario got me thinking...

Is Poverty to blame for the general attitude of our naija babes or are they just Greedy?
. None of the above. It is just wickedness
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Teespice(f): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Honestly, it is a lose lose situation.

Most guys believe that to woo a girl, you must have a lot of money to throw about

Most girls believe that a guy must foot her bills after all " why are you my BF if you cannot take care of me"

Then when the real deal surfaces or when it ends albeit on a painful note, you see guys crying foul

Bottom line, women should be independent. Men should stop this mentality of thinking that every woman love can be bought with gifts and money. That way the cards are laid early in the relationship and whosoever is not satisfied has the option of taking a walk.

Nuff said.

3 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
u no knw were bank dey ?
lynpetra: Abeg I won take loan,who fit borrow me?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by victor4truth(m): 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naija Guy Exposed Nudes Pics Of His Sugar Mummy Cos They Breakup. Read & See Pics, PLS ONLY 18+ @ http://basegurus.com/forum/showtopic.php?id=332/
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by captianfreeman(m): 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
The African notion that the man should be the provider is partly responsible for the over dependent attitude of some nigerian girls.
However, poverty and greed among our ladies has taken it to a very ridiculous level.if your babe tells you that she dont need your money, NA WASH.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Tinyemeka(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
The attitude really gives me depression.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Emeralddeee: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
shutaaaaap we've heard enough already how many thread will broke a** niggas open to rant about how demanding naija girls are to get gf na by force even those guys who can't buy their gf common pure water will stll rant,if u don't do it for her someone else will ok,go advice ur sisters at home to stop being beggers ok,if e pain u dnt date such girls simple,case close.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by captianfreeman(m): 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
The African notion that the man should be the provider is partly responsible for the over dependent attitude of some nigerian girls.
However, poverty and greed among our ladies has taken it to a very ridiculous level.if your babe tells you that she dont need your money, NA WASH.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by pweetixandy: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
but Why do u guyS agree to do theSe thns if its Soooo Wrong?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jelel6: 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
you just cant ignore the part guys play in all this mess. Most guys only offer one thing, and one selling point in a relationship.-MONEY. And this dudes are deluded.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by thymedcurry(f): 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
If a guy is bold enough to ask a woman for sex, the woman should be bold enough to ask him for money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abiriba Man, Ejindu, Who Is To Marry 2 Women Does Different Wedding Banners / Reasons You Should Get Married Later In Life / 6 Basic Things That Turns Ladies On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.