Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 (69067 Views)

My CGPA Is Low And I Need To Finish With 2.1 / He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Why You Must Not Finish With A 2.1 To Succeed At A Job Or In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by IRRESPONSIBLE(m): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
mack111: There's something i observed, almost everyone keeps mentioning getting a job in Nigeria is by god's grace nd not even by ur power nd hard work. However, i don't share from that fallacy cos it is stupid. If Nigeria is that bad, why haven't ur god fixed it or is ur god that blind that he can't see Nigeria falling apart or is he scared of our leaders? If ur god can claim he said let there be light nd so it was, if he also claims he's that fast in creating this world for 7days, then why is he this sluggish in saying or what's preventing him from saying let Nigeria be free from corruption cos that's d major cankerworm plaguing this country.

U people are so biased nd unrealistic that u only attribute d good things to this god (i.e people who managed to get a job due to connection nd luck) forgetting there re so many unemployed graduates. Some of d people who even managed to get a job through an illegal means still give d credit to god, smh. No one is truly/diligently serving this god that doesn't even exist, u all re just deceiving yourselves.

Ur bible has made it clear that ur god can not feed one person, that's why he multiplied 5loaves of bread nd 2 fishes, yet if 1 person out of 200 gets a job, u'll attribute it to this god that doesn't exist, thereby forgetting d unemployed millions out there. mtcheeeew So biased nd self centred. I will never rejoice when my fellow man is crying. Just be determined nd hope for d best, instead of believing one imaginary sky daddy will catapult u to greater heights. d richest man in d world is nt even religious neither is d richest man in Africa serving a christian god.

Whether u bliv in god or not, it doesn't stop/prevent woes from coming to u. Countries with a low percentage of religious belief re far better off, d likes of America et al.,
Get your life going people nd don't wait for any supreme belief system to cajole u into believing one job can be multiplied into thousands... I'm an atheist, u re free to send your hates, who cares. After all ur god left chibok girls unattended to nd he never cared.

Plz @op, sorry i diverted from d sole purpose of this thread.
A thousand likes for this. Nigerians are more Catholic than the Pope. I spare a moment of pity for their greatest scapegoat..... The Devil. Anyways, too many troubles bedeviling this country and the world by extension..... Someone has to take the blame

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by femi4: 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
pystar: 2.1 or higher is good, being self reliant is better. The owner of nairaland didn't even graduate, yet we are here......
Oya Seun, do the needful

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by StepG: 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Olutola88: This piece is for those undergraduates that will like to seek for jobs after school but do not have solid connection. A 1st class or 2.1 will help you AVOID or ALLEVIATE the labour market frustration. Nevertheless, the ones that have influential parents, uncles and aunts can also take a cue from it because it is easier to help someone with a good result.

I am a recent graduate from a Nigerian Federal University. I finished with a strong 2.1 but I wish I made a 1st class. I would have made that First class if I were very hard working. I know many people are like me, they would have had better grades if they were more serious. What I'm saying in essence is that most of us are powerful beyond measures but we do not realize how powerful we could be.

Finishing with a 2.1 is just about having 3.5 out of total 5.0 CGPA. One can achieve this by mixing Bs with Cs in your courses. I had many friends that didn't have solid academic background, weren't very quick at learning but struggled to finish with 3.5, 3.6 after a lot of hard work. Not to talk of many of you that are sharp, it's just that you are too lazy. I was also a lazy brat but that's bygone because I've learnt my lessons.

As a result of the very high rate of unemployment in Nigeria, employers use all possible strategies to pre screen as many as possible applicants and the most popular is the class of degree.

9 out of every 10 Graduate Trainee adverts ask for a minimum of 2.1. The other thing they use in pre screening is age and many also require to have a minimum of 5 credits including maths and english @ one sitting for O'level.

Now let's analyze it: By the time KPMG, Ernst & Young, PWC, Akintola Deloitte, Shell, Chevron, Exxon Mobil, Total, Schlumberger, Diamond Bank, GTB, Zenith, First Bank, Nigerian Stock Exchange, P&G, Unilever, Honey well, Nestle, Cadbury, Guiness, Nigerian Breweries, Consolidated Breweries, PZ Cussons, etc all advertise graduate trainee positions and they all ask for a minimum of 2.1. How do you think someone that finished with a 2.2 will feel?

I'm currently observing NYSC and I've been applying for jobs. Many of my fellow corps members always ask me to share latest job openings with them but many of them have not been able to apply for any because they finished with below 2.1. I hope we all have an idea how frustrating this could be, for you not to have the privilege to prove yourself even when you might be better and more employable than some of us that finished with 2.1 and 1st class.

As I'm writing this piece, I have two friends that just got job offers from a reputable multinational company in Nigeria. Guess what? They are both still serving and will resume immediately after NYSC in October. You know what? One of them finished with a 1st class and the other with a strong 2.1.

I know some of you will ask about me, I'm also at the last stage of interview and I have reached some recruitment stages in other good companies. All I need is Almighty God's favour and your prayers can also help land a job offer in some days time *lol*.

Many of us have been misled. We've been made to believe that even if you finish with good grades, you still won't get a good job in Nigeria if you don't have connection. For those that will listen, I can confidently tell you that we still have Firms that act with INTEGRITY in Nigeria, Organizations that will hire you based on your abilities, Companies that will not compromise standards, Employers that will give you an offer without knowing even a gate man. Many Multinationals in Nigeria fall in that category. At least, I know of Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) and Procter & Gamble(P&G). We have many others but those are the two I've had comprehensive experience with.

Finishing with a 2.1 is very easy only if one can put in the required effort and above all pray to God. For the atheists, just keep working hard, working smart and always have a destination. I know you will believe in God someday*lmao*

In Conclusion, one of the commonest things in life is seeing talented people that are unsuccessful. Many of us are gifted but we are just too lazy to make the best use of our potential. If Talent sleeps, Hard work will outshine Talent.
words.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Pvictor10(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Why do I need to be an employee when I can be an employer. #GETSMART. Seun Osewa is a living witness. #Creativitymatters
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by ajoskele(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
IIFY1: Hardwork including out of class talents and skills and God's favours are what one need to excel.Always aim at the best it always pays. I aimed at making first class, but made a very strong 2:1(4.45), I believed that God alone can position me .I did not know a single person in NNPC, but I was employed by them after two years of service, many of my colleagues are like that.Integrity and merit still exist.Make the best you can, God will do the rest.Am now 2 years working with the co- operation. God will see you through.
Bros, ur first comment for Nairaland na lie..u no even sabi spell d "co-operation" wia u don dey work for 2years!

He graduated with a very strong second-class upper!!
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Laredojohn(m): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
Well said op, u made me remember the song I was always hearing from my elder ones that make a 2.1 oooo, thank God I made back then 2008, but to be sincere God's favor is available for everyone but your individual effort is needed to, those still in uni, try your best to have 2.1 or 1st class if possible, it does not limit u, though age of graduation happens to be vital too...but with the 2.1 or 1st class you can compete with the best jobs available, wish u guys and gals in uni success...2.1 or 1st class sweet oooo..if you believe and work hard you will achieve it. Peace
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by IRRESPONSIBLE(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
ajoskele: Bros, ur first comment for Nairaland na lie..u no even sabi spell d "co-operation" wia u don dey work for 2years!

He graduated with a very strong second-class upper!!
How petty can someone get? You just ignored the goldmine of an input he made and started nitpicking. So he would've been telling the truth if he spelt the word correctly? Follow Mr George Carlin's advice and don't sweat the petty things.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by adeowo84(m): 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Olutola88: adeowo84 you can remove your email address, I have sent you a mail

@op,av not seen it your mail...check its double e nd m.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Olutola88: kindly send a pm
Kindly link me up wif companies cause am a strong 2.1 holder. Tnx
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by 18wheeler: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
I remember passing the aptitude test for chartered bank in 2005 and asked by the interviewer..." how come you passed and 2:1 candidates failed?" and I arrogantly and ignorantly answered " its aptitude and I have it with my 2:2."
I think its just that emphasis on certificates has become prevalent in 9ja and employers have to adopt new standards for employment by adjusting such that 2:1today is rated as equivalent to 2:2 of last 15yrs to curb employment expenses and having to deal with large crowd. If only the employers will give everyone the chance to prove his/her aptitude towards the job, one'll be surprised how much quality one can get from the lot of graduates without 1st or 2:1 class.
I may.just have been lucky that I graduated when I did but not undermining some quality we still got.today. Hope things improve generally.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
Smart guy.
Let me say you're fortunate too sha.
Let me have your contact details so as to relate.
I've got similar things too.
Information is power and money.
There are jobs out there for first class, second class upper and lower.
Third class too are getting jobs too.
I don't know of pass oh.

Olutola88: This piece is for those undergraduates that will like to seek for jobs after school but do not have solid connection. A 1st class or 2.1 will help you AVOID or ALLEVIATE the labour market frustration. Nevertheless, the ones that have influential parents, uncles and aunts can also take a cue from it because it is easier to help someone with a good result.

I am a recent graduate from a Nigerian Federal University. I finished with a strong 2.1 but I wish I made a 1st class. I would have made that First class if I were very hard working. I know many people are like me, they would have had better grades if they were more serious. What I'm saying in essence is that most of us are powerful beyond measures but we do not realize how powerful we could be.

Finishing with a 2.1 is just about having 3.5 out of total 5.0 CGPA. One can achieve this by mixing Bs with Cs in your courses. I had many friends that didn't have solid academic background, weren't very quick at learning but struggled to finish with 3.5, 3.6 after a lot of hard work. Not to talk of many of you that are sharp, it's just that you are too lazy. I was also a lazy brat but that's bygone because I've learnt my lessons.

As a result of the very high rate of unemployment in Nigeria, employers use all possible strategies to pre screen as many as possible applicants and the most popular is the class of degree.

9 out of every 10 Graduate Trainee adverts ask for a minimum of 2.1. The other thing they use in pre screening is age and many also require to have a minimum of 5 credits including maths and english @ one sitting for O'level.

Now let's analyze it: By the time KPMG, Ernst & Young, PWC, Akintola Deloitte, Shell, Chevron, Exxon Mobil, Total, Schlumberger, Diamond Bank, GTB, Zenith, First Bank, Nigerian Stock Exchange, P&G, Unilever, Honey well, Nestle, Cadbury, Guiness, Nigerian Breweries, Consolidated Breweries, PZ Cussons, etc all advertise graduate trainee positions and they all ask for a minimum of 2.1. How do you think someone that finished with a 2.2 will feel?

I'm currently observing NYSC and I've been applying for jobs. Many of my fellow corps members always ask me to share latest job openings with them but many of them have not been able to apply for any because they finished with below 2.1. I hope we all have an idea how frustrating this could be, for you not to have the privilege to prove yourself even when you might be better and more employable than some of us that finished with 2.1 and 1st class.

As I'm writing this piece, I have two friends that just got job offers from a reputable multinational company in Nigeria. Guess what? They are both still serving and will resume immediately after NYSC in October. You know what? One of them finished with a 1st class and the other with a strong 2.1.

I know some of you will ask about me, I'm also at the last stage of interview and I have reached some recruitment stages in other good companies. All I need is Almighty God's favour and your prayers can also help land a job offer in some days time *lol*.

Many of us have been misled. We've been made to believe that even if you finish with good grades, you still won't get a good job in Nigeria if you don't have connection. For those that will listen, I can confidently tell you that we still have Firms that act with INTEGRITY in Nigeria, Organizations that will hire you based on your abilities, Companies that will not compromise standards, Employers that will give you an offer without knowing even a gate man. Many Multinationals in Nigeria fall in that category. At least, I know of Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) and Procter & Gamble(P&G). We have many others but those are the two I've had comprehensive experience with.

Finishing with a 2.1 is very easy only if one can put in the required effort and above all pray to God. For the atheists, just keep working hard, working smart and always have a destination. I know you will believe in God someday*lmao*

In Conclusion, one of the commonest things in life is seeing talented people that are unsuccessful. Many of us are gifted but we are just too lazy to make the best use of our potential. If Talent sleeps, Hard work will outshine Talent.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by EDhims(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
i also had a strong 2.1 and currently observing NYSC. please I would love to have the link to check for available jobs. kindly email me at eddickrest@yahoo.com
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by ajoskele(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
IRRESPONSIBLE:
How petty can someone get? You just ignored the goldmine of an input he made and started nitpicking. So he would've been telling the truth if he spelt the word correctly? Follow Mr George Carlin's advice and don't sweat the petty things.
How "IRRESPONSIBLE" could your defence be? I CANNOT "mispell" the name of the organisation I've been working with for the past two years!!
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by iphedahyor(m): 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
I just don't know what to type,perhaps it's because I'm distraughted by this post.I'm still at the border 3.38 with just a semester left.I've been at it for two consecutive sessions now and obviously,I know there is nothing I can do.It hurts when you finish with grades below 2.1 and worst when you are at the border line with just small figure left to take you to the next level.
Beware of FUTA.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
What a thread! Very educating and enlightening.... I just couldn't help it but read all through the pages of this thread and really the issue of grading in Nigeria is a major one.... 1st class and 2nd class upper is good, it brings a feeling of self-accomplishment. My candid advice to those who graduated with a second class lower and third class is to obtain professional certification or a masters degree to boost your CV. Obtaining a bachelors degree is not about flaunting your grade but rather the major objective should be contributing to the growth and development of our society.... The present Nigeria structure is a failure, the destiny of this beloved country lies in our hands.... The mentality of our present generation must change, we must think of what we must do for our country and not what our country shall do for us..... We must think of how to become entrepreneurs and stop this craze for a white collar job that is non-existent.... Our thinking should change, only then the future will be bright.... A graduate be you first class, 2.1, 2.2 or 3.0 is a first class citizen of a society and it is required from such individual to make an impact in the society.... Every graduate must be creative, innovative, skillful and think out of the box.... This talk of grades is overrated and must cease.... It has not contributed to the development of Nigeria in anyway.... Thank you!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by kaboninc(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Olutola88: lol. If you were on nairaland before the loss of data, I created a thread asking nairalanders the course they would study if given a second chance. in my introduction I said I'd study something in the humanities, something in business and social sciences.

Yes I've been with nairaland for a very long time though can't remember if I came across your topic. You've not answered my question on as 'something' is not specific. Seeing you read Agriculture and you 'skills', I decided to ask you that qwesion.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by IRRESPONSIBLE(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
ajoskele: How "IRRESPONSIBLE" could your defence be? I CANNOT "mispell" the name of the organisation I've been working with for the past two years!!
Pop some chill pills, mate. He didn't misspell NNPC, he only did the word corporation. Defence? I'm not holding brief for anybody here... just that the nitpicking wasn't necessary.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
kaboninc:

Yes I've been with nairaland for a very long time though can't remember if I came across your topic. You've not answered my question on as 'something' is not specific. Seeing you read Agriculture and you 'skills', I decided to ask you that qwesion.
lol, it was a front page thread and a lot of people came on it. as to being specific, I think I would have just gone for Economics or Business Administration
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by IRRESPONSIBLE(m): 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ijeleigbo: What a thread! Very educating and enlightening.... I just couldn't help it but read all through the pages of this thread and really the issue of grading in Nigeria is a major one.... 1st class and 2nd class upper is good, it brings a feeling of self-accomplishment. My candid advice to those who graduated with a second class lower and third class is to obtain professional certification or a masters degree to boost your CV. Obtaining a bachelors degree is not about flaunting your grade but rather the major objective should be contributing to the growth and development of our society.... The present Nigeria structure is a failure, the destiny of this beloved country lies in our hands.... The mentality of our present generation must change, we must think of what we must do for our country and not what our country shall do for us..... We must think of how to become entrepreneurs and stop this craze for a white collar job that is non-existent.... Our thinking should change, only then the future will be bright.... A graduate be you first class, 2.1, 2.2 or 3.0 is a first class citizen of a society and it is required from such individual to make an impact in the society.... Every graduate must be creative, innovative, skillful and think out of the box.... This talk of grades is overrated and must cease.... It has not contributed to the development of Nigeria in anyway.... Thank you!!!
femi4: Oya Seun, do the needful
Ijeleigbo: What a thread! Very educating and enlightening.... I just couldn't help it but read all through the pages of this thread and really the issue of grading in Nigeria is a major one.... 1st class and 2nd class upper is good, it brings a feeling of self-accomplishment. My candid advice to those who graduated with a second class lower and third class is to obtain professional certification or a masters degree to boost your CV. Obtaining a bachelors degree is not about flaunting your grade but rather the major objective should be contributing to the growth and development of our society.... The present Nigeria structure is a failure, the destiny of this beloved country lies in our hands.... The mentality of our present generation must change, we must think of what we must do for our country and not what our country shall do for us..... We must think of how to become entrepreneurs and stop this craze for a white collar job that is non-existent.... Our thinking should change, only then the future will be bright.... A graduate be you first class, 2.1, 2.2 or 3.0 is a first class citizen of a society and it is required from such individual to make an impact in the society.... Every graduate must be creative, innovative, skillful and think out of the box.... This talk of grades is overrated and must cease.... It has not contributed to the development of Nigeria in anyway.... Thank you!!!
The bolded is so UNTRUE!
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by kaboninc(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
Olutola88: lol, it was a front page thread and a lot of people came on it. as to being specific, I think I would have just gone for Economics or Business Administration

Lol. That's great. I love your courage and confidence. Was thinking you'd go for something like Banking or a core finance course. Would love to meet you. I'll send you a pm.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by kaboninc(m): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
IRRESPONSIBLE:
The bolded is so UNTRUE!

And your reason is....?
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
IRRESPONSIBLE:
The bolded is so UNTRUE!
What is untrue about the quoted statement?
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Tayras: 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
kaka22: @op... Well done, you are on point. To make at least 2.1 is not everything, it is the only thing. The issue of connection is over-exaggerated in Nigeria. Yes, we have issues like nepotism,favouritism and connections(who you know) but that doesn't mean that there are no companies that recruit based on merit. MOST people who come out to say that 'what you have in school will not determine where and who you will be in future' are the unfortunate and the unlucky. What you have in school will surely determine who and where you will be in future. If you later establish your company/business you can be rest assured that you still have your 2.1 or first class pali(certificate) to search for work when the need arises.Yes, we have some 2.2 and third class fellows that are making it but that doesn't mean that 2.1 fellows are also not making it. I make bold to say that the percentage of 2.2 and third class jobless fellows is more than that of 2.1 and first class. Even if you won't use your 2.1 to work, still make sure you have it because you never know...

Advice for undergraduates
Avoid anybody that discourages you from graduating with 2.1 or first class. Such individual doesn't wish you well. One of the laws in 48 laws of power says that avoid the unlucky and the unfortunate.

Last bullet: Yes, 2.1 or first class is not everything but make sure you have it before saying that nonsense... grin

wish I strived harder to obtain a good grade; most people think am a first class holder cos of my intelligence(not boasting though). pls am finishing my NYSC this October and I don't want to suffer bf getting a well paid job. I would be gladly honoured to receive Offer(s)
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by leo1234(m): 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
justi4jesu: All these are storiessssss for the godsss..

Just Know your way in Life and keep your head down and you will make it.

In Dubai nobody differentiates 1st class from Third class, all they want to know "Are you a graduate" If yes then case closed

Defend at the interview that you are a graduate and submit your attested certificates and Viola u don start work the next day grin.

Please what is the lingua Franca in Dubai?
Do they use English in their schools?
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
kaboninc:

Lol. That's great. I love your courage and confidence. Was thinking you'd go for something like Banking or a core finance course. Would love to meet you. I'll send you a pm.
thanks bro. I'll gladly reply you
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by IRRESPONSIBLE(m): 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
kaboninc:
And your reason is....?
Ijeleigbo: What is untrue about the quoted statement?
We don't owe this shitty country anything... Stop regurgitating Western axioms
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
IRRESPONSIBLE:
We don't owe this shitty country anything... Stop regurgitating Western axioms
This is where the problem lies, when you call your country a shitty country.... There is no perfect country! Every country has its own challenges, even the almighty United States ain't perfect.... You owe this country a lot as a graduate....
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by ajoskele(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
IRRESPONSIBLE:
Pop some chill pills, mate. He didn't misspell NNPC, he only did the word corporation. Defence? I'm now holding brief for anybody here... just that the nitpicking wasn't necessary.
It was necessary, bro. He is a 2.1 graduate who has already spent two years with NNPC. "Corporation" and "co-operation" are two totally different words, sir.
Tell him to write an essay on NNPC and you will be shocked!!
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Emilliw3m(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
awolola26: Ha...abeg gimme your number if you are on whatsapp

u give me ur number
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
sunnydayasaba:
Well said, but u can't rule out d pain some parents went through to see their kids through degrees and asking them to further go through more pains will not be easy when your not even sure to still get a job bcus then most employees will be requesting for unrealistic job experiences. Graduate trainee still remains the best way to get a job and if one can't get a job through that means, frustration and anger set in and motivation gets low.
Bro, the pain you would pass through to enrol in 2years M.sc/MBA and other professional exams while applying for Jobs is better-off than Pain of Unemployment for many years and even without any prospect !

So many dudes/gals have spent more than 5years at home doing nothing and waiting for Graduate trainee Job, The one without age limit and minimum of 2'2 grin while experienced hire required nothing less than 3years of ''related'' experience !! And the age keep growing !

@ a particular age especially above 25/27/30 , an organisational policy is expecting you to have possessed certain additional qualifications and experiences while you are still waiting for Graduate Trainee Job , a Job meant for 22-25/27yo @ the age of 30/32 !!

Graduate trainee is not the way to go on most occassion especially if you are defeated by age or average academic grade ...... You just have to mastered your course and come back to the market so strong.
Also, if you really think you deserve the Job regardless of your degree/age ..... GateCrashing is the best bet to get a Job ..... You have to make the company feel they are making huge mistake and loss if they don't hire you.

you really wanna get a Job in this harsh competitive environment,Endeavour to always advance the content of your CV !
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by tonychristopher: 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
mack111: no one is saying Grade Points determines success in life. Read carefully nd u'll get d gist.

Dude Its You That Is Not Reading Properly ...Do You Ever Realize That We Have What We Call Reading In Between The Line

Go Back To The Topic

It Says Why You MUST graduate With Whatever Grades...I Think You Lack comprehension

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Buildings / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.