Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,809 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition (37407 Views)

Ways To Know Your Boyfriend Has No Future Ambition / Is Prior Behavior Is A Good Predictor Of Future Behavior? / Nigerian Women And Their Abundance Of Future Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sylaz(m): 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
Truth is most of the "i want to marry a rich man" are never going to marry one, they are going to marry a man that can just manage is finances without folding up then in 15-20years they are gonna wonder why they are so fat and have shitty lives.
P.s: not hating on the fat/chubby people.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by jpphilips(m): 11:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
GodMode:

Your job is to improve your income that's not the job of your bank.

My point is: Anything can happen...

Anything can only happen on the life of your husband? you see your life? Since you need a contingency plan in case something happens to him, it is equally proper for him to keep a concubine in case something happens to you, or are you immortal?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
jpphilips:

You are still a student shaa, when you graduate, your eyes go clear!!
Men who are not top choices for most women will agree with you,
women who have married real men that transformed them from a teacher's daughter to a "chairlady" will laugh at you.
men who dont care who the liability is because they have more than enough to throw around, may not even understand you.
Boys who are losers that could not or have not made it in life, while patiently waiting for a working lady to contribute to run the home, while their families use family support program to solemnize them in unholy matrimony will give you a standing ovation.

If you have not experienced life and its challenges, your opinion count for nothing till you wear the shoes of others. people like you think that School is an authomatic ticket to a carreer abi? it is only time will tell and pray you dont get pregnant for a man in desperation for marriage when reality comes knocking.
please it is only struggling men that want career ladies, there are many of them here on nairaland, made men are actually looking for liabilities the reason they extend their magnanimity to extended families.
Most educated wives sit at home not because they want to lock up their certificate like you alleged, but because they cannot even get a job, you think that getting a job as a young woman in Nigeria is easy? when employers now decide when to marry, where to marry, when to have kids, how many kids to have etc?
you are a freaking student who knows next to nothing what lies ahead of you, by the time this phantasmagoria in your head clears, you will beg to become that liability you so despise.

NOI you referred to attended Oxford University, which one are you attending? that is where her career started, hope by now you can plot a parabola of where yours is leading to. you think say life in Nigeria na beans!!

I was torn between thinking the poster was a student or a spinster with no suitors in sight
I chose the latter but you could be right
We have had threads here where men talk about how women have to put up with SE,xual harassment at work in Nigeria especially those in banks and some men would prefer to have their wives at home rather than turning tricks with their bosses and clients to get ahead at work.
Reality never hit am
There are women frying and selling akara and making moi moi and chin chin even here in the USA to make ends meet and someone is talking of fantasies in the air that don't exist.
Nobody is sitting around waiting for a rich men
Where are rich men Nwa nu?
How many are they?
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
safarigirl: this has to do with the insecurities of the Nigerian man. He happens to be a confused fellow who doesn't know what he wants between a dependent and an independent woman. They curse you out for being a leech and curse you out for being better than men. What a Nigerian man really wants is a woman who has aspirations, but not any higher than theirs. It's okay to want to be somebody, but make sure the spotlight remains on the man of the house
so basically a Nigerian woman's life should not be based on her dreams or aspiration but rather it should be based on nursing another man's insecurities? undecided how is that having an ambition when its living life to satisfy someone else and neglecting yourself?

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
jpphilips:

Who told you a woman is a liability simply because she is not working? when did African women start working? was your grand mother working for which company while your grandfather was working for UAC, Leventis or Enugu coal camp?
the whole working class women craze started when young men could no longer meet up due to the economic situation of Nigeria, that is a fact!!
Fine, if you have not arrived, you are better off with a ''partner in marriage'' else get yourself a woman to take care of your home!!
who does the market business in those days ..... my dad is a seasoned chatered accountant with over 47 years experience. He told me his mum supported his education financially .....it has been there .
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by 2mNaira: 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
clem305D: Its a Nigerian phenomenon...during my stay in the UK, I observed the opposite about the young girls or ladies.Even my girl there was so independent, she cared less about what I put on the table; as she demanded equal rights which I understood. Girls in Nigeria need to step up their game for real

Believe me.I'll rather live d rest of my life with a sitdown-chop wife dn live for a second wt an equality woman.But thats just me.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
majekdom2: who does the market business in those days ..... my dad is a seasoned chatered accountant with over 47 years experience. He told me his mum supported his education financially .....it has been there .

And women today are no longer working ?
Women have always worked,whether in the home or outside the home
Some of the people reading this come from single family homes where the mother worked twice as much
Looks to me like the poster is mistaking people's fantasies for reality
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: so basically a Nigerian woman's life should not be based on her dreams or aspiration but rather it should be based on nursing another man's insecurities? undecided how is that having an ambition when its living life to satisfy someone else and neglecting yourself?
what is a dream? making your world a better place is not another man's insecurity .
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
sylaz: Truth is most of the "i want to marry a rich man" are never going to marry one, they are going to marry a man that can just manage is finances without folding up then in 15-20years they are gonna wonder why they are so fat and have shitty lives.
P.s: not hating on the fat/chubby people.
so are you going to be one of those "not so rich guys" that will add misery to these women's lives?
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by GodMode: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
jpphilips:

Anything can only husband on the life of your husband? you see your life? Since you need a contingency plan in case something happens to him, it is equally proper for him to keep a concubine in case something happens to you, or are you immortal?

Firstly: I'm a guy

Secondly: staying in a N150,000 per month job for the next 30 years is not been richer than the woman its called surviving/existing. What if the company folds up.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
sheniqua:

And women today are no longer working?
I never said that .... but not to think of settling in one man's house and just bear kids . why claim you are in the university when you dont attend lectures and all you have in mind is just to find one rich man that will marry you . its not the ladies alone but very much with the ladies.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
majekdom2: what is a dream? making your world a better place is not another man's insecurity .
making the world a better place could mean working 18hrs and sleeping for 4hrs. Business trips all over the world and hardly ever any time to raise a family.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: making the world a better place could mean working 18hrs and sleeping for 4hrs. Business trips all over the world and hardly ever any time to raise a family.
yes ... wouldn't you be tagged successful . thats everyone's dream . you sure would leave an impact..... rather than stay at home an fat up.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
jpphilips:

Nigerian men are no sissies so I dont buy the clap trap that nigerian men will run, never, it doesnt happen except for Nitwits anyways! what do you need mofos for?
Nigerian men in Europe can marry anything for something so why will they run from successful women at home? it doesnt add up.
The truth is this; we know how they got to the top, the day i reviewed the employment criteria of some organization i got to understand, the young girls are mere girl friends to the bigger boss, they still expect Nigerian men to marry them in such condition? oh! please.
They lie to their friends that men are running from their success but the truth is; we know how they got there.

Come to legal departments in big corporations where contracts are signed and see how the so called ''successful'' women become 'successful'.

Thank you
Who doesn't know ?
With the SE,xual abuse and harassment that go unpunished in nigerian schools and workplaces,if I were a man I would be scared to let my wife work.Little girls going to school are not even safe in a place like Nigeria .
Every other lecturer would demand to chop you before you can pass their course
Even to get NYSC posting,dem go want make you comot cloth
Job interview same thing
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
majekdom2: yes ... wouldn't you be tagged successful . thats everyone's dream . you sure would leave an impact..... rather than stay at home an fat up.
how many women do you know that work the hard and are not yet divorced or unmarried? undecided i highly doubt that you are quite the perfect figure yourself even after working ordinary 40hr week undecided
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by jpphilips(m): 11:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
majekdom2: do you want liability ? what class do majority of Nigerians belong ? .... below average I guess.

You can only speak for yourself and family right?

Let me ask you? why cant your wife build a career in your house? what is wrong in that? we ask the women to drop the already made men mentality while in marriage, struggling men want already made women, did i hear you echo double standard?
if your wife as a graduate cannot work for you, or your friends or herself, why does she need to work for someone else?
oh! sorry, i forgot you married her already a supervisor grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by freecocoa(f): 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: so basically a Nigerian woman's life should not be based on her dreams or aspiration but rather it should be based on nursing another man's insecurities? undecided how is that having an ambition when its living life to satisfy someone else and neglecting yourself?
I don't think that's how she sees it, its more like how Nigerian men want it to be.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
sheniqua:

I was torn between thinking the poster was a student or a spinster with no suitors in sight
I chose the latter but you could be right
We have had threads here where men talk about how women have to put up with SE,xual harassment at work in Nigeria especially those in banks and some men would prefer to have their wives at home rather than turning tricks with their bosses and clients to get ahead at work.
Reality never hit am
There are women frying and selling akara and making moi moi and chin chin even here in the USA to make ends meet and someone is talking of fantasies in the air that don't exist.
Nobody is sitting around waiting for a rich men
Where are rich men Nwa nu?
How many are they?
come do survey for naija schools , then u go know , perhaps chat some of them up.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 11:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
majekdom2: I never said that .... but not to think of settling in one man's house and just bear kids . why claim you are in the university when you dont attend lectures and all you have in mind is just to find one rich man that will marry you . its not the ladies alone but very much with the ladies.

If you want to talk about the rot in the society the let's discuss that
Are the boys not sorting out the lecturers and intimidating them with gang activities?
Na who dey carry expo pass?
Girls or boys?
On this nairaland alone,scam artists abound looking for who to swindle
Everyone wants to get rich overnight without working.
If a girl who doesn't want to get her hands dirty aspires to marry a 419er who robbed people blind,why should anyone condemn the girl alone?

My point is that the OP is wrong in her generalization about women
Women are some of the most hardworking people out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: how many women do you know that work the hard and are not yet divorced or unmarried? undecided i highly doubt that you are quite the perfect figure yourself even after working ordinary 40hr week undecided
I know some and I know some that are divorced and cant take care of the kids simply because she has got nothing doing after being abandoned.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
!
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
sheniqua:

If you want to talk about the rot in the society them let's discuss that
Are the boys not sorting out the lecturers and intimidating them with gang activities?
On this nairaland alone,scam artists abound looking for who to swindle
Everyone wants to get rich overnight without working.
If a girl who doesn't want to get her hands dirty aspires to marry a 419er who robbed people blind,why should anyone condemn the girl?

My point is that the OP is wrong in her generalization about women
W men are some of the most hardworking people out there.
she never said women were not hardworking , she only talked about the non focus lifestyle , which I termed general but more with the ladies.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 11:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
majekdom2: come do survey for naija schools , then u go know , perhaps chat some of them up.

I am not talking of what the girls say and the dreams
What is the reality after graduation?
No jobs
Nigeria has no jobs for those who want to work

The reason some men turn to criminal activity and the women look for rich men to marry
That is the survival strategy

Can we them say all or most Nigerian men turn to kidnappers and armed robbery after graduation?

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
GodMode:

The person that created this website is yoruba.

Don't ever generalise cos you're not yoruba.
I like u jare,u support drug and ritual.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
majekdom2: she never said women were not hardworking , she only talked about the non focus lifestyle , which I termed general but more with the ladies.

Read her post again
What is focused lifestyle
Are the men focused?
There are criminals all over this website sending us scam mail,are they focused ?
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
safarigirl: If you're one who has stayed within the female hostel of any Nigerian University, you'll find that most of it's occupants share similar hopes and dreams- and no, it's not to excel in their chosen career paths.

One of the lecturers in my school aptly described women as 'a waste of education'...no, it wasn't an insult, it was just stating the obvious. You find a woman who has hustled through primary, secondary and University education. One who looked set to be a force to reckon with in the world of business or law or medicine, I mean a female with straight A's and you think Nigerian women may be getting things right, only to follow her back to her hostel and hear these heart-breaking words:

"Omo, after school na to find husband marry remain."

In the real sense of the word this is translated to:

"After school, I'll fling my degee inside one iron box in my dad's storeroom, find a perfect mugu that will put a ring on my finger, buy me a car, set up a boutique/beauty saloon for me and all I have to do to get this is spread my legs for him and push out little people with his DNA"

Nigerian women view marriage the same way hustling Nigerian men view the US Green Card- an avenue to escape life's troubles. So in the same way you find 23 year old Nigerian men marrying 56 year old American women, you find young, promising women relegated to some man's priority list.

I don't think most Nigerian women realise that nobody wants to get attached to a leech. If you allow some Nigerian women, they would even want their husbands to carry the babies and birth them as well. And when you ask why they don't want to build wealth with a man, you hear:

"I've already suffered in my father's house. I don't want to continue suffering in my husband's house"

Now unless you're getting married to a no-good leech like yourself, there is no reason why building wealth with a man should be termed 'suffering'

Even on Sun Newspaper's 'Beauty Of The Week' it's the same thing.

Future Ambition: Getting Married And Having Kids

If you think God put you on this earth to make a liability of yourself, you need to think again. There is more to life than being someone's baby mama. There is a purpose for getting an education that lies beyond being able to speak good english whenever you and your man attend social functions

Nigerian women need to sit down and re-evaluate their lives. God sent you to assist a man, not to add to his problems. Men appreciate women who can think for themselves, who want to contribute to the family (and I don't mean churning out kids). There is nothing more endearing than a smart woman who views men as companions rather than money bags.

Don't waste the education your parents worked so hard to provide for you. Break the stereotype, Nigerian women should be more than gold-digging leeches. If the likes of Oby Ezekwesili, Joke Silva, NOI can be successful career women as well as wives and mothers, then we all need to dust up our certificates and CVs and have proper future ambitions.

God Bless You...and don't take this the wrong way grin

Here
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
jpphilips:

You can only speak for yourself and family right?

Let me ask you? why cant your wife build a career in your house? what is wrong in that? we ask the women to drop the already made men mentality while in marriage, struggling men want already made women, did i hear you echo double standard?
if your wife as a graduate cannot work for you, or your friends or herself, why does she need to work for someone else?
oh! sorry, i forgot you married her already a supervisor grin grin grin grin grin
No one says one's wife has to work for dangote or for one multinational. the point it is dont just sit at home watching fashion poilce.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Toks2008(m): 11:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thank GOD this is coming from a female.

I have nothing more to add.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
dancok: I like u jare,u support drug and ritual.
obviously she is in her teen .... well maybe.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
majekdom2: No one says one's wife has to work for dangote or for one multinational. the point it is dont just sit at home watching fashion poilce.

How many wives are sitting at home watching fashion police
You just told us your grandma worked to put your dad through school
Isn't she a woman?
Is your mom sitting at home watching fashion police?
How many of your sisters are home watching TV in their husband's house because they refused to work
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
3cycle:
undecided sorry but not all women get there by sleeping with every dik and harry
I suggest you upgrade ans stop working in a brothel
I saw u there that is why I quote u.(Winks)
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by freecocoa(f): 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
sheniqua:

I am not talking of what the girls say and the dreams
What is the reality after graduation?
No jobs
Nigeria has no jobs for those who want to work

The reason some men turn to criminal activity and the women look for rich men to marry
That is the survival strategy

Can we them say all or most Nigerian men turn to kidnappers and armed robbery after graduation?
No we cannot and you are right on jobs not being available(story for another day)

What the OP is actually talking about is how the young girls(most of them) don't actually care about working, believe me, the number of those who hope on a rich man as a meal ticket is way way higher than those who actually have a dream, went to school, tried, couldn't get a job and then decided to settle for a man.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

"Muma Gee Is An Infidel, Adulterer & Fetish" - Prince Eke Blasts Ex Wife / Why Do I Keep Attracting Lightskinned Ladies, What Should I Do? / South African Girl Lectures Nigerian Girls On How To Love Nigerian Men (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.