Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men (78291 Views)

SINGLE MEN: Don't Take Your Woman For Granted - Bamisepeters' Blog / RE: 8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Rich Island Guys (ajebutters) / Why The Growing Number Of Bachelors(single Men) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by wiloy2k8(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
GreatEngineer:

Now that you are surrounded with so many of these guy, my question to is " are you married"?
If yes, let them learn from you;
If NO, show them example

Bro i like this
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by MSItachi: 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
When you marry and you are so conscious that you are married... You are married .. To the wrong person.

If you constantly feel your shoe it's either it's big or too tight.

Marriage is an awesome union but most marry the wrong persons for the wrong reasons.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by dammytosh: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
ITbomb:
The more girls you Bleep, the more you think girls are whoress and the more difficult you can trust a girl to be decent.

Other times the ones that are passing in our faces are the confident runs girls, the decent ones are locked up in a room somewhere and very anti social. Such ones are only gotten through recommendation by someone you never thought was noticing her.

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.

How will a guy settle when he slept with plenty girls a day to their marriage and even some after marriage.

You are spots on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Orikinla(m): 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
[size=18pt]The best a salary earner can be in Nigeria is comfortable.
No salary earner can be rich in Nigeria, except he or she is doing sharp practices or moonlighting.

When the annual school fees of a child in a very good private school in Nigeria is almost N1 million.
House rent in a decent and safe location is from N1.2 million a year.
So, before a young man earning more than N500, 000 monthly salary can marry, he must consider how to secure the future of his family.[/size]

12 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by omonnakoda: 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
wiloy2k8:

now i guess ur worth some billions ... even billionaires dont have plenty kids like u mentioned and they dont think like u . so we need u not to get married and have kids . so the once with brains would do so .
I am fully in support of free speech.I believe idiots,defectives and imbeciles should all be allowed to express their views
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by lilmax(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
Goddaughter:
Is like they have disappointed you before. Hahahahahahah. Women are books. U need to study them very well.
60leaves or 80leaves? Lwkm
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by demmy0325(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
wiloy2k8:

i think you talk like a poo . i told a married woman few days ago , i would never get married after much argument she said she would set me up , and that she would arrange her ynger sis to be pregnant for me , and do have male friends / married and unmarried and the unmarried once aint depressed . so watch ur mouth next time bro
.. Please what are you sayin.. I seriously dnt get anything.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
The fear of unfaithful women, yeah even men fear heartbreak considering the fact Manny of us have slept with women in serious relationships without much trouble.

The disgust for overused women

Why commit when I can get all the benefits either ways.

Waiting for the right lady.

Vision too big I care less about anything else.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
BiafranPrince:
Well, that's why "Baby Mama" trend is growing more and more.

This Baby Mama Syndrome is very common amongst our celebrities in Nigeria.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by carboblanko(m): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
[quote author=rockshandy post=33817446]Marriage is not everything. Rather find someone you are comfortable with, can laugh with and whom you can just be yourself with.

There is too much pressure to tie the knot. Do you know how many unhappy married couples there are who wished they had waited? It's really not the walk in the park everyone makes it out to be.

All the the same, good luck with your search.
[/quote. You are on point here. Our society puts to much pressure on unmarried people and cauese a lot of them to make mistakes. This is why we have a lot unhappy and broken marriges today.Singles really need to be prayerful and trust in God to lead them to their life partners.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by tweeby: 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
eleshin:
The major problem is our 4kedup society. The huge pressure that comes with the importance we attach to marriage makes it less attractive to some of us. Op should ask his friends what really is the problem, this is not about scarcity of wife materials but it's majorly about guys not ready for that trap.......staying with one person for years, having sex with one person for years is a trap! We r bn dishonest with ourselves cos I know 95% of. Present days couples are unhappy. There is nothing wrong in getting along with some1 that u av feelings for but do not trap ur self under any matrimonial title... Av a good career, Av lots of sex with the babe/'s u r feeling , make babies, stay together but have your own apartment incase shitz bore you out. Most of these girls get married cos they wanna become a Mrs, from peer pressure to family dictates. Well this is just an opinion of some1 sha..... Nothing serious
U need Jesus.!
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by lilmax(m): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
VenusBetty:
Chineke meh, don't forget you have grand mothers, mother, sisters, sisters in law, neices.
why are you angry? grin why are you affected by my post? cheesy
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by devour129: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
lilmax:
Worthless women undecided
men on dl. They will use bad character of some women to hide their sexual preference .

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by anonimi: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
olowoba:
This is a source of concern. I write for a few friends of mine - hardworking and nice guys (30+ years) working in various reputable firms in Nigeria. But 3, 4, 5 years after, they are still searching for the lady of their heart desires. I also notice the trend everywhere I go.

Just as we complain about the growing number of unmarried ladies, I'm also worried abt the growing number of unmarried, comfortable men who are over 30 years.

A case in study is a popular friend of mine who has been working in the oil sector for more than 5 years. He clocks 33 this year. He still remains unmarried. He says he is still searching. I can count more than 10 of my friends - comfortable, hale and healthy, gainfully employed but single after working for more than 5 years..What can be the cause?
Are ladies getting scarce, or is it that there are few "wife materials" in town now? or are they simply afraid of making commitment?

Is he still searching or he is still TESTING/ TASTING the orishirishi in the market afraid to be tied to any one in particular

A problem that is NOT well defined will be very difficult to solve.
QED!!!

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
LuvSwollenPussy:
Op. I have such friends too. Most of them have dia mind fixed on young girls still in sch. They don't want ladies of late 20s and early 30s like themselves for reasons ranging from promiscuity, desperation, pretence just to get a man and then change later, out of control exposure and most of all disrespect among others.

Smart guys!

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by lilmax(m): 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
hansad:

You must have been born and bred by a man?
no
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by LAX89(m): 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
olowoba:
This is a source of concern. I write for a few friends of mine - hardworking and nice guys (30+ years) working in various reputable firms in Nigeria. But 3, 4, 5 years after, they are still searching for the lady of their heart desires. I also notice the trend everywhere I go.

Just as we complain about the growing number of unmarried ladies, I'm also worried abt the growing number of unmarried, comfortable men who are over 30 years.

A case in study is a popular friend of mine who has been working in the oil sector for more than 5 years. He clocks 33 this year. He still remains unmarried. He says he is still searching. I can count more than 10 of my friends - comfortable, hale and healthy, gainfully employed but single after working for more than 5 years..What can be the cause?
Are ladies getting scarce, or is it that there are few "wife materials" in town now? or are they simply afraid of making commitment?

Marriage is an OVERRATED dogma and expectation of society. You should also look at the world-wide odds of divorce. Individuals now have the courage and self conviction to decide if they actually need, want and desire to get married, rather than just following societal dogma and expectations, devoid of any independent, individual analysis and thought process. Put simply, marriage should be an individual choice, and not a rule of society.

7 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by xreal: 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
olowoba:

What about you?
They said "show me your friend..."
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by carboblanko(m): 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sparkles003:
op.forget the others.
please can you introduce me to that your 33years old oil block pal. winkI pledge to be faithful,loyal and honest grin
grin grin grin Badt gurl.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by deniyor: 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
Women with the 'right' qualities are tough to find.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by anonimi: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sagamite:

Smart guys!

Or hyper foolish dudes that are IRRESPONSIBLE like most of us who want to eat our cake & still have it.

Are they virgins themselves abi nor be dem burn the gaskets of the condemned vehicles wey dem dey run from

Hopefully they have no single sisters, cousins, nieces and will NOT have daughters. Fair

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
i am presently facin dis ish! i love to settle down b4 30, but all d ladies av met so far dnt hav the qualities i want for the mother of my kids. they so bitchy

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
eleshin:
The major problem is our 4kedup society. The huge pressure that comes with the importance we attach to marriage makes it less attractive to some of us. Op should ask his friends what really is the problem, this is not about scarcity of wife materials but it's majorly about guys not ready for that trap.......staying with one person for years, having sex with one person for years is a trap! We r bn dishonest with ourselves cos I know 95% of. Present days couples are unhappy. There is nothing wrong in getting along with some1 that u av feelings for but do not trap ur self under any matrimonial title... Av a good career, Av lots of sex with the babe/'s u r feeling , make babies, stay together but have your own apartment incase shitz bore you out. Most of these girls get married cos they wanna become a Mrs, from peer pressure to family dictates. Well this is just an opinion of some1 sha..... Nothing serious

Fcking well said!

Nice to see some young people coming with some thinking that is against the herd.

Marriage is a failed and nonsense institution and set-up.

All the records show it is.

4 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Salym(m): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
In a society where a man is at liberty to make and unmake new girlfriends/bed partners such things are bound to happen. When I see people from such societies getting married, I used to ask myself what is so special with this marriage after the guy has screwed the girl probably a hundred or more times. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by pimplucious: 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
ITbomb:
The more girls you Bleep, the more you think girls are whoress and the more difficult you can trust a girl to be decent.

Other times the ones that are passing in our faces are the confident runs girls, the decent ones are locked up in a room somewhere and very anti social. Such ones are only gotten through recommendation by someone you never thought was noticing her.

Spot on.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

Or hyper foolish dudes that are IRRESPONSIBLE like most of us who want to eat our cake & still have it.

Are they virgins themselves abi nor be dem burn the gaskets of the condemned vehicles wey dem dey run from

Hopefully they have no single sisters, cousins, nieces and will NOT have daughters. Fair

What a stuuuuuuupid statement to make?

Are you their landlord?

They owe you money while living large?

Are you their employer?

They are late to work or don't do what they were hired to do?

How did you come up with the rubbish of "irresponsible"?

You know about a responsibility that is their obligation that they are not undertaking?

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by IVORY2009(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
ireneony:
serious shocked then am not alone in this...
this life ehhh embarassed
How is life treating you? grin
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
There is no wife material na.Majority of our future wives have given their body to aristos.And I learned majority of the aristos are ritualists who uses these girls fluid to renew their quest for wealth from sango.

4 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by braine(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
ITbomb:

Youve said it all.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by anonimi: 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sagamite:

How did you come up with the rubbish of "irresponsible"?

You know about a responsibility that is their obligation that they are not undertaking?

Re-populating the world with children brought up by both parents.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
danjumakolo:
Very rare in the north.

If at 33 you don't have a child,simply means you may end up caring for teenagers while you are 70 years
hey bro, sorry to say, buh ur standard of livin up north is not acceptable to us.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by digitsolution: 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
Most single guys even enjoy better than married guys.

- access to many women
- some of these women even come clean and take care of their apartments, cook, sex etc
- now having a baby mama is no big deal
- lots of gold diggers, confused women
- most married people are not happy in their union.
- then finally Naija economy is not marriage friendly

There are still a whole lot of points but this is what comes to mind now, feel free to add yours too.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

The Kind Of Men Ladies Long For (photos Included) / Nigerian Lady Making Guys Go Gaga On Instagram (pics) / Car Wash Where Ladies In Bikinis Wash Cars Opens In Kenya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.